AS400 as SQL Server Linked server

Hi,
I'm trying to set up DB2 on AS400 as a linked server on SQL Server.
Everything works ok, but, when I try to run an UPDATE, it gives me an
error (OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowsetChange::SetData returned
0x80004005). I've searched a lot on the internet, I've tried some
solutions but without success.
I'm using SQLServer 2000 and Client Access 5 release 1.
Is there any solution or workaround ?
Thanks in advance

Massimo

0
ilpadrino (1)

Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL Server on another machine.
I'm Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL Server on another machine. Can anyone suggest some good reference material or tutorials?? So far I'm only finding examples for a linked server to an ACCESS database. Thanks in Advance! gdev (paul.afamdi.okeke@gmail.com) writes: > I'm Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL > Server on another machine. > > Can anyone suggest some good reference material or tutorials?? So far > I'm only finding examples for a linked server to an ACCESS database. There are plenty of examples in the topic for sp_addlinkedserver. In many cases, it is as simple as: exec sp_addlinkedserver THATSERVEROVERHERE exec sp_serverioption THATSERVEROVERTHERE, 'data access', true Authentication does not always work though, and in this case sp_addlinkedsrvlogin comes to the rescue. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

SQL Server Link Server
Is it possible to create a link server in SQL Server without using the default system.mdw file? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Vincent (animedreamer@verizon.net) writes: > Is it possible to create a link server in SQL Server without using the > default system.mdw file? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Eh, yes. I don't even know what the system.mdw file might be. Adding a linked server can be as easy as: sp_addlinkedserver THATSERVEROVERTHERE and then you might be able to say things like: SELECT ... FROM THATSERVEROVERTHERE.db.dbo.tbl It is not always that simple; this requires Windows authentication to work all the way. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Linked Server to SQL-Server Question
I've been trying to work with Linked Servers for the first time, with mixed success. My problem right now is in trying to write a View using a linked server. The linked server is another SQL-Server, and it was set up using the 'Enterprise Manager' interface. When the server was created, the name was given as the full server address - name.pyr.ec.gc.ca. When I try and use this name in a new view, I enter the name in the query as [name.pyr.ec.gc.ca].database.dbo.table. SQL-Server rewrites this name as name.[pyr.ec.gc.ca.database].dbo.table table_1 I'm sure this is me not understanding something about using linked servers, but it seems strange to me none the less. Is there a way for me to create the linked server using sp_addlinkedserver, which would not require the full server address as the linked server name? Or is my view syntax not correct? Or can I just not create the query as a view? I've looked around the new groups, but have no answers yet. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim never mind.....finally found a single entry in BOL that explained it. ...

New IBM Laptop running SQL server cannot connect to another sql server on network
I am trying to connect a new LBM Laptop to an SQL server on the network and I get "test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider, [dbnetlib][connectionopren(connect()),] SQL server does not exist or access denied. The laptom has sql server running on it locally and I am trying to connect to an SQL server on the network. Thanks Tom Hi You should make sure that SQL Server is at Service Pack 3a on both machines and check the MDAC installation on the laptop with the MDAC component checker (see microsoft download centre)? If you can connect to the network SQL Server from other machines, then check the network settings on the laptop. John "TomCullen" <cullentw2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6ba80eaf.0410220926.6c2f4355@posting.google.com... > I am trying to connect a new LBM Laptop to an SQL server on the > network > and I get "test connection failed because of an error in initializing > provider, [dbnetlib][connectionopren(connect()),] SQL server does not > exist or access denied. The laptom has sql server running on it > locally and I am trying to connect to an SQL server on the network. > Thanks > Tom ...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

Help! SQL Server error
Dear all, On Win2000 server with SP3, I am trying to access a SQL Server 7.0 database, "TestDB", from VB6 via a SQL Server ODBC system DSN using ADO 2.7. In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, there is a login named "Tester". In its property window, NO "Server Roles" was assigned but its "Database Access" was set to "TestDB". This login was also made as the user of "TestDB" with "public", "db_datareader" and "db_datawriter" selected as its "Database role membership". All the tables I am trying to access in "TestDB" were created under "Tester". My code is like: Set conn = New ADODB.Connection conn.Open "DSN=TestDSN;UID=Tester;PWD=test" Set cmd = New ADODB.Command cmd.ActiveConnection = conn cmd.CommandText = SQL set rs = cmd.Execute() If I set the SQL to something like "SELECT * FROM tbl_test", I always get an error of "-2147217865" saying "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Invalid object name tbl_test". If I set the SQL to "SELECT * FROM Tester.tbl_test", everything runs properly. Could anyone please kindly advise why the first SQL is not working? Or in other words, why must I prefix the table name with its owner while the DB connection is already made under that owner name? Thanks in advance. Tracy I likely cause is that your ODBC DSN is setup for integrated security instead of SQL authent...

Linked Server Error Between SQL Server and Oracle
I have used Linked Servers to hook up to an Oracle 9i database in SQL Server 2000. I can see all the Tables and Views when I look in the linked server section. I can also run the following SQL statement : Select * from Orcldb..SYSTEM.CrossTabSaveSites and get a return result. The problem I realize is that some of the tables are going to be quite larger and I can't wait for SQL Server to download all the data and parse it itself, so I tried to use a passthrough query like so : SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(OrclDB, 'SELECT * FROM SYSTEM.CrossTabSaveSites') Unfortunately this gives me the error message : Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1 An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA'. [OLE/DB provider returned message: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist ] There is also the issue of speed. It takes about 15 seconds to come back to me to tell me that the table/view doesn't exist, but sometimes it comes back immediately. Is this something with the user permissions in Oracle? (Don't really know much about Oracle) It just seems like a very long time to wait just to let me know that the item doesn't exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated, -Jevon Thurlow "Jevon" <jevonthurlow@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:34e7f100.0404080933.2e40e19e@posting.google.com... > I have used Linked Servers to hook up to an Oracle 9i database in SQL > Server 2000. I can see all...

Linked Server Limit in SQL Server 2000
I am about to start working on a project where I would be required to dynamically create linked servers during the execution of an application. One of the requirements is for the Link Servers to be created and dropped before and after the retrieval of the data. My question is about any type of cap on the number of linked servers SQL Server 2000 can have registered at any single time. If I find out that there is some type of cap, I would need to look into another way to deal with my linked server needs. Thanks for any help/information you might be able to provide. TBlair (tblair23221@yahoo.com) writes: > I am about to start working on a project where I would be required to > dynamically create linked servers during the execution of an > application. One of the requirements is for the Link Servers to be > created and dropped before and after the retrieval of the data. My > question is about any type of cap on the number of linked servers SQL > Server 2000 can have registered at any single time. If I find out that > there is some type of cap, I would need to look into another way to > deal with my linked server needs. Thanks for any help/information you > might be able to provide. I have no idea whether there are any restriction, but since a linked server is really just an alias which is being looked up in sysservers at run time, it is not likely that there should be an issue. But, hm, what is there is a numeric id in sysservers? Ah, there is, and...

A server for SQL Server
We are considering migrating our Access backend to SQL Server or something similar. I am hearing rumors that our server will have to be a really expensive, beefed-up version. Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks, Hank Reed No, because it's bogus. You can run SQL Server on some *very* minimal equipment, but remember that you get what you pay for. Running SQL on a under-powered machine works, but you loose time as the employees wait for it to respond. Think of it as owning a high performance car (Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) as your desktop machine. It will seem like quite a waste if the only place you have to run it (the server) is on city streets. Likewise your network is also an issue. If you network can't handle the load.... Basically, you want your server to be faster then the client PCs, however you also should remember that you also want to transfer as much processing as you can from the Access application to the SQL Server to take advantage of the reduced network load and speed of a SQL Server. As such, and if you transfer the queries to the SQL Server, the Server machine doesn't have to be anywhere as "powerful" as the client machines hooked up to it. 3 or 4 systems back seems to be a good "rule of thumb" when looking at a machine to run SQL Server. The number of transactions and users who need to access the machine can change that upwards however. Or downwards, if only a couple of people need it. On 28 Jul...

Defining AS400 Linked Server
Can anyone help me understand what it takes to define a Linked Server connection to an IBM eSeries (AS400)? Do I need Microsoft's SNA Server or some other product or can I simply do it with the tools provided with SQL Server 2000? Any guidance would be very appreciated. Thanks. Farid Hi Farid, I managed this installing the AS400 Client Access for windows components on the database-server. At least you need the as400 odbc-database-driver on the windows-server. Create a (system) odbc connection to your as400 and then create a linked server to this odbc connection. you maybe have to tweak / play around with the odbc-options for the as400-connection to make it work. just to point out the direction... Tobias fn wrote: > Can anyone help me understand what it takes to define a Linked Server > connection to an IBM eSeries (AS400)? Do I need Microsoft's SNA Server > or some other product or can I simply do it with the tools provided with > SQL Server 2000? > > Any guidance would be very appreciated. Thanks. > > Farid > fn <f_n_a_c_e_r_removeunderlines@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<56-dnf8HPfeXyJrcRVn-qw@britsys.net>... > Can anyone help me understand what it takes to define a Linked Server > connection to an IBM eSeries (AS400)? Do I need Microsoft's SNA Server > or some other product or can I simply do it with the tools provided with > SQL Server 2000? > > Any guidance would be very appr...

IBM Servers, HP Servers and Sun Enterprise Servers
Eolparts a.k.a. your favorite "Sun Spot" on the internet offers you only the best services on the widest selection of brand name remanufactured computer hardware. Save up to 80% off the original list price of all Sun Products and Parts! eolparts is a premier global supplier of Sun workstations, Sun Servers and Internet infrastructure hardware. We provide our customers with the highest quality refurbished products paired with an unmatched host of professional services. Our world- class customer service is pivotal in the way we do business by putting our clients=92 needs first; we focus on the end users=92 desired result and work to make that happen in the most cost efficient manner. For more information visit at: - http://www.eolparts.com/ ...

Linked Server gives Internal SQL Server error
Hi All, I am accessing a linked server (also a SQL Server) from a stored procedure. There is an insert statement that I run on a table in the linked server. This statement causes the Internal SQL Server error. But if I run the insert statement separately from Query Analyzer, it works fine! Also, I put the stored procedure directly into the database on the linked SQL Server and it ran fine on it. Has anybody come across something of this sort? Thanks, Sanjeev mahajan.sanjeev@gmail.com napisa�(a): > Hi All, > > I am accessing a linked server (also a SQL Server) from a stored > procedure. There is an insert statement that I run on a table in the > linked server. This statement causes the Internal SQL Server error. But > if I run the insert statement separately from Query Analyzer, it works > fine! Also, I put the stored procedure directly into the database on > the linked SQL Server and it ran fine on it. Has anybody come across > something of this sort? > > Thanks, > Sanjeev > When you start procedure from query analyzer you do it as some user but when this procedure is started by sql agent as job it is another user which doesn't have an access to the database linked by linked server, and this is the problem. You can try to run this procedure from vbs for example with ado connection the same as in query analyzer ...

Cannot make server as Target server or link from Master Server
Sql Server 7 Standard Edition My Server was renamed and the normal steps of reinstalling and running sp_dropserver and sp_addserver were followed. Everything seems to work fine but jobs from the master server. I did defect the server as a target server since it appeared as offline anyway. On trying to re establish the status of the server as a target server Failed to make "serverName" a target server Enlist into Master Server "MasterServerName" Failed(Error 14262) Your insight is appreciated Vincento "Vincento Harris" <wumutek@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2fa13ee7.0405100422.632f4324@posting.google.com... > Sql Server 7 Standard Edition > My Server was renamed and the normal steps of reinstalling > and running sp_dropserver and sp_addserver were followed. > Everything seems to work fine but jobs from the master server. > I did defect the server as a target server since it appeared as offline > anyway. > > > > On trying to re establish the status of the server as a target server > > Failed to make "serverName" a target server > Enlist into Master Server "MasterServerName" Failed(Error 14262) > > Your insight is appreciated > Vincento Is @@SERVERNAME returning the correct (new) name? Error 14262 should be "The specified %s ('%s') does not exist" - what is the full error message you see? Are there any name resolution issues, ie. can both ser...

Accessing Novell EDirectory from SQL Server Linked Server
We are attempting to access information in e-directory via a linked server in SQL Server 2000. The problem is, is that we can create a linked server and see the tables, but cannot view their data or run queries against the tables. With the ODBC for NDS driver installed on my PC, I can easily query the data using MS Access, though. Simple queries, created in Query Analyzer, just run and run and never finish or return anything. I'm not sure if we have not configured the linked server with all necessary information, or if we are not referring correctly to the datasource in the query created in query analyzer. We are referring to the datasource as <linkedservername>.<novelltreename>..<tablename>. Any hints or help with this would be greatly appreciated! ...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't know for sure. If it installs, it may still noe be supported. For SQL 2000 you need SP3 to run on Win 2003. That I know. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp ...

Execute an schedule job from MSDE with LINKED servers in SQL Server
I have a schedule job that I would like to run on a MSDE database. The stored proc executes just fine if I run it manually. But trying to schedule it through the Enterprise Manager (or Management Studio) generates an error saying the the "Remote Access not allowed for Windows NT user activated by SETUSER. Essentially I have tables in the MSDE which are being updated based on tables from a LINKED SQL Server. I can not appear to get this job to execute unattended. Please advise, Rob (rkershberg@gmail.com) Check the user that you are connecting with. It is probably the sql server service account. If this is the local system account you won't have access to remote machines. It needs to be a domain account. When you run the sp it is connecting as your login which is why it works. www.nigelrivett.net *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** nigelrivett wrote: > Check the user that you are connecting with. It is probably the sql > server service account. If this is the local system account you won't > have access to remote machines. It needs to be a domain account. > > When you run the sp it is connecting as your login which is why it > works. > > www.nigelrivett.net > > > *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** I have received the message below Executed as user: XXXX\Laser. Remote access not allowed for Windows NT user activated by SETUSER. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7410). The step f...

DTS -- SQL Server Data to AS400
Hi, I'm trying to dug this issue since couple of days but couldn't find any solution. I have SQL server 2000 SP 3 and Host Integration Server 2000 SP 1 running. I'm able to download data from AS400/DB2(V5R2M0) into SQL server, using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 in DTS. But when I tried to upload the same table (downloaded from AS400 into Sql server) back to AS400, I got the following error. HResult of 0x8004206a(-2147213206) returned Unexpected error occurred. An error result was returned without error message. Anyone knows any thing about plese help me with this issue. I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance Noor ...

Linked Server SQL to SQL
I am currently trying to set up a linked server between two SQL-Server 2000 servers. I have a number of linked servers to other machines, which use local accounts and work fine. However, in this particular case, I am forced to use my domain account to log into the remote machine. My account has been added to a group on the remote machine and has access privilages, accross domains. I have created the linekd server and used my domain account in the security window, set to be impersonated. I can register the remote server in my Enterprise Manager and access the views I need. However, I need to run distributed queries against the remote machine, and thus need the linked server to function. Any ideas? If there is not enough information here I'll provide more. Thanks, Tim Well, for starters, is there a question in there somewhere? <G> I'm assuming you have encountered the infamous double-hop error; you can read more about it here: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q238/4/77.asp If that's not it, write back and let us know what problem it is you are experiencing. HTH, Stu Stu, Thanks for teasing out the question, even when I forgot to put it in :) The double-hop is definitily the issue. Thanks, ...

SQL Server 2000 linked server to Db2 on z/OS
Can somebody point me to the right direction how to create a linked server to db2 on z/OS using ODBC drivers or OLEDB providers that are free. thanks ...

SQL Server 2005 + SQL Server Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 installed on my dev system. I am working on an app that i would like to distribute SQL Server with. SQL Server EXpress edition seem to be ideal for this. My questions are: -If i installed Express Edition, Can both SQL Server 2005 and Express Edition coincide peacefully on the same PC? -Which one will Visual Studio see? (currently i created by database using VS, which i assumed created a SQL Server 2005 database, since that is the sql server i have installed). -When VS2005 is installed, which SQL Server is installed and how can i tell which one VS2005 is using if i have both SQL servers (2005 and Express) installed? thanks much farseer (farseer@optonline.net) writes: > -If i installed Express Edition, Can both SQL Server 2005 and Express > Edition coincide peacefully on the same PC? Yes. SQL Server permits multiple instances being installed on the same server, and this can be multiple instance of Express Edition, multiple instance of, say, Enterprise Edition, or any mix thereof. Furthermore, to prevent collisions, SQL Express installs by default as a named instance, \SQLEXPRESS whereas other editions of SQL Server by default installs as default instances, which do not have any extra name, > -Which one will Visual Studio see? The one you point it to. I assume here that you mean the database that you connect to for development purposes. Some parts of VS like the compoent in Team System for Database development uses the Express ...

Running MS Access db as a Linked Server on SQL Server
Hi, Looking for a quick and dirty on running an Access database as a linked server in SQL Server. Basically, the majority of my stuff is in SQL Server, but there is one lingering nightmare-of-an-Access-database no one wants to touch. I just want to create a linked server to use the Access db. So far I have not found a way to connect (under Security -> Link Servers in SQL Server), though I tried all kinds of drivers, connection strings, etc. What do I put for Product Name, Data Source, Provider String, (Location, Catalog)? Thanks a bunch. This might help; note the table about halfway down that includes the connection options for various sources. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190479.aspx Stu maxvalery@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Looking for a quick and dirty on running an Access database as a linked > server in SQL Server. Basically, the majority of my stuff is in SQL > Server, but there is one lingering nightmare-of-an-Access-database no > one wants to touch. > > I just want to create a linked server to use the Access db. > > So far I have not found a way to connect (under Security -> Link > Servers in SQL Server), though I tried all kinds of drivers, connection > strings, etc. What do I put for Product Name, Data Source, Provider > String, (Location, Catalog)? > > Thanks a bunch. ...

SQL Server 2K Linked Access 97 Server not working
An Access 97 linked server in SQL Server 2K has recently stopped working. In Enterprise Manager, the following error message appears when attempting to view the list of tables in the linked server: Error 7399:OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ]. This linked server has not been used recently and in that time Win2K SP4 and SQL Server 2K SP4 have both been applied. We now need to use this linked server on a regular basis so any help will be much appreciated. David Kirkman (foxwaycomputing@gmail.com) writes: > An Access 97 linked server in SQL Server 2K has recently stopped > working. In Enterprise Manager, the following error message appears > when attempting to view the list of tables in the linked server: > > Error 7399:OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. > OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' > IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ]. > > This linked server has not been used recently and in that time Win2K > SP4 and SQL Server 2K SP4 have both been applied. We now need to use > this linked server on a regular basis so any help will be much > appreciated. Check out in master..sysservers how the server is set up. Pay particular attention to the providerstring column. Or just drop the server, and set it up a ne...

SQL Server 2005 Linked Server and TopSpeed ODBC Driver
I am able to set up a linked server in SQL Server 2005 to a TopSpeed file using the ODBC Driver. I can query a table from SQL Server Management Studio on the SQL Server machine, but am unable to query from a remote machine. When using the query: select * from CHS...newpmst I receive the error message: The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "CHS" does not contain the table "newpmst". The table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on that table. When using the query: select * from openquery(CHS, 'Select * from NewPMst') I receive the error message: OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "chs" returned message "[SoftVelocity Inc.][TopSpeed ODBC Driver][ISAM]ISAM Table Not Found". Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1 An error occurred while preparing the query "Select * from NewPMst" for execution against OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "chs". Also does anyone know of a way to use the TopSpeed ODBC driver from a VSTO macro from within a VSTO project from a 64 bit application? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Web resources about - AS400 as SQL Server Linked server - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Report: Apple developing at least 6 cloud infrastructure projects incl. servers to prevent snooping
... The Information reports that Project McQueen is actually just one of at least six internal efforts at Apple including building its own servers, ...

Unreleased “12-inch MacBook (Early 2016)” shows up in OS X Server update
... behind the scenes, as a tipster pointed out to 9to5Mac . A reference to a refreshed version of the 12-inch MacBook made it into the OS X Server ...

Apple worries that spy technology has been secretly added to the computer servers it buys
... its own hardware, the same as Google and Amazon does, and run it on its own for one pretty scary reason: security. It suspects that the servers ...

PC rivalry extends to servers: Lenovo aims to topple HPE, Dell
A few years ago, Lenovo toppled rivals HP and Dell to become the world's top PC maker. It now wants to do the same in servers. Lenovo hopes ...

‘Filegate’ Attorney Represents State Dept. Tech Official Who Is Silent On Hillary Server
‘Filegate’ Attorney Represents State Dept. Tech Official Who Is Silent On Hillary Server

EMEA x86 server spending grows 5% on year in 4Q15, says IDC
As reported in IDC's EMEA Server Tracker, in the fourth quarter of 2015 the EMEA server market continued to show moderate growth, reporting US$3.9 ...

ARM Server Supporters Aim to Speed Up Software Development
Linaro's Development Cloud gives programmers access to ARM-based systems, while Red Hat says its Linux OS for ARM servers runs on Qualcomm chips. ...

New paper alleges servers, some DDR4 DRAM still vulnerable to critical Rowhammer attack
... Rowhammer exploit doesn't target software, but DRAM itself and new research confirms that this problem is still present on both high-end servers ...

'The Division' Servers Going Down For Maintenance Tonight
Ubisoft will release full patch notes later today, but I'll be curious to see what sort of tweaking the team has deemed necessary after the first ...