as400 data modelling tool

hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools.  On the iseries, we mostly
have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10.  For our data
modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the
column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name.
Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for
friendly viewing.  Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are
tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the
picture).  If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400?

0
carolek (4)

ERwin has some support for AS/400 (ie, System i), but they don't support all the
latest features.

You might consider Rational Data Architect v7, I believe you can download a free
trial from their website.

--
Kent Milligan
ISV Enablement - System i

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

Usability Evaluators Sought for IBM Data Modeling and DBA Tools
This is part time only. As part of IBM's User-Centered Design group. We are currently looking for database architects/modelers and administrators with a minimum of 5 years of enterprise experiences, to evaluate the usability of IBM=92s Data Studio products. If you are chosen as a participant, you will be asked to perform typical tasks of database architects/modelers and administrators using the existing products, and explore prototypes for future designs. Each session will include a series of tasks followed by your comments and discussions. You will be representing yourself, rather than your company, and will be paid $75/hr for any completed usability session. You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement with IBM. The evaluation will take place in July - Aug 2008. You can choose to participate either locally by driving to IBM Silicon Valley Lab in south San Jose, CA, or remotely through teleconferencing and web- conferencing (high-speed internet connection needed). The schedule and length of each session will depend on your availability. If you are interested in participating in this evaluation, please reply to xia@us.ibm.com with subject =93IBM Usability Testing=94. ...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Usability Evaluators Sought for IBM Data Modeling and DBA Tools
This is part time only. As part of IBM's User-Centered Design group. We are currently looking for database architects/modelers and administrators with a minimum of 5 years of enterprise experiences, to evaluate the usability of IBM=92s Data Studio products. If you are chosen as a participant, you will be asked to perform typical tasks of database architects/modelers and administrators using the existing products, and explore prototypes for future designs. Each session will include a series of tasks followed by your comments and discussions. You will be representing yourself, r...

Auction: IBM AS400 Model 9402/F04 Midrange Computer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-AS400-Model-9402-F04-Midrange-Computer_W0QQitemZ280034992240QQihZ018QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Oct-11-06 06:48:09 PDT Item location: Schaumburg, IL, United States What could be done with this unit? It is in Schaumburg, and I'll be passing through on Saturday. Louis Ohland wrote: > What could be done with this unit? It is in Schaumburg, and I'll be > passing through on Saturday. Overall, I'd say "not much". The 9402-F04 is one of the older AS/400 models, and I always considered OS/400 a pain to use and administer. The tape drive is nothing special, the "best" use for this machine would be as a replacement for a failing unit or as a parts donor. At $100 starting bid, I'd say that you should put your money into something else, there are much better models to pick from if you want a "personal AS/400". Rick Ekblaw ...

Looking for Model Unique LIC tape for AS400 model 20S
Hi, Since my unit 1 disk is crashed, I'm looking for model unique LIC tape for my As400 (CISC) model 20S (MULIC tape). SO I can restore my As400 (is only used for hobby purposes). with regards, henk You mean you never took even a SAVSYS? Then you could have IPL'ed from tape... -- "henk" <henkw@12move.nl> schreef in bericht news:8f0ea377.0409082208.4356119e@posting.google.com... > Hi, > Since my unit 1 disk is crashed, I'm looking for model unique LIC tape > for my As400 (CISC) model 20S (MULIC tape). SO I can restore my As400 > (is only used for hobby purposes). > > with regards, > henk Ren� H. Hartman racontait dans comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc: > You mean you never took even a SAVSYS? > Then you could have IPL'ed from tape... > The content of the MULIC is not part of a SAVSYS. -- Cordialement/Best regards Marc Rauzier Marc Rauzier <marc.rauzier@netcourrier.com> wrote in message news:<Xns955FACD935E23MarcoDiMarco@127.0.0.1>... > Ren� H. Hartman racontait dans comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc: > > > You mean you never took even a SAVSYS? > > Then you could have IPL'ed from tape... > > > > The content of the MULIC is not part of a SAVSYS. > > That is correct Marc and Ren� of course I have a complete backup of my system (option 21). ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Tools for data modeling
Hi, what tools are you using for create and update conceptual and physical models? How do you deliver changes in production (structures and system data)? Thank you. ...

Archiving AS400 data
I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we keep the AS400 plugged (unplugged) for the next seven years?....etc. Is the data DB2/UDB? What sort of data tools do you you have on your new platform? You could extract the data to another platform. However, to make any sense out of it would require programming. If your company has been audited on a regular basis, the audit reports should suffice for the seven years. The working papers are used to support the audited financials not live data. Dick J (AZ) Larry wrote: > I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we > no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do > need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven > years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified > BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to > archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by > a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we > keep...

Web data to AS400
Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming and then some. What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? Thanking any suggestions, I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group. "Chad White" <chadwhite12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3a886508-1295-4ca1-bffb-b62576d2f863@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown > software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to > get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to > do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, > but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but > no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well > and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming > and then some. > > What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? > > Thanking any suggestions, > > I do thank all the pros for taking time to ...

File managaement tool for AS400
All, just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool which can let us work without a DDS. To be specific, are anyone aware of any tool which is similar to FILEAID?. Also, i am aware that fileaid can be installed for DB2, but, can we install the same thing directly in AS400? ...

Console and AS400 model 620
Hi. I have a model 620 to start. It has a card in slot C09. I don`t know the excact card`s FC but it looks like a card in my 170e model (DB9 F and a socket where my console cable fits). So I`ve connected the console cable into that socket and run server in 01 DM with I_BASE_01 CD into drive. Then I`ve started Operation Console aplication and after few minutes I`ve get a DST login window. Problem is that it doesn`t matter what login and password I use I always see a ops.console black windows starting and after a while it gets an disconnected status. I don`t ever see an excact green and black DST first screen. Does anybody has any idea what can I do with that machine? Maybe I should disconnect hard drives and start it again without access to any OS installed on them? Sorry for stupid questions but I have a lot of other work to do and I don`t have enough time to investigate what`s wrong with that 620. Regards, Tom I expect your logon is not valid. You need to use a valid DST logon. Note that DST logons do NOT match the regular logon security and that passwords ARE case-sensitive. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:<c6q6i0$p41$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl>... > Hi. > I have a model 620 to start. It has a card in slot C09. I don`t know the > excact card`s FC but it looks like a card in my 170e model (DB9 F and a > socket where my console cable fits). So I`ve connected the console cable > into that socket and run server in 01 D...

AS400 model 170 for Sale
Hi, Is anyone in the UK interested in purchasing an AS400, it's a black box model 170, ideal for a freelance, I currently run it at home, will supply relevant info on request. Regards, Ralph. ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Documentation tool for AS400, help
Hi ! CabledSoft have developed a documentation tool (DSP400i) for any AS/400 (iSeries). It show the ERP system in many useful ways, when you look for errors, or upgrading the system. This software is developed in Sweden. Is there anyone, who have English (or other big languages) as first language and work with AS/400, and like to write ? Then please visit www.cabledsoft.com , and contact us. Maybe we can do something together in the future. Best Regards //Micke ...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

browser access to as400 data
how do I secure browser access to as400 data? Should the user be logging onto the website which provides access to data on the as400? No doubt, but what should the user name and password be? If the user logs on with an as400 user name and password, how do you prevent the password from being transmitted thru the web, from the browser to the web server? The web server in this case is a windows xp PC with IIS installed. The usage has, to date, been limited to users behind the firewall. Now there is a need for users in another location to access this internal web server. thanks, If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should be no issues with visible passwords. Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your situation. On Sep 22, 11:28=A0am, "walker.l2" <walker...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: > If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should > be no issues with visible passwords. > > Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or > as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- > On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same > credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your > situa...

Data modeling mapping tool
Does anyone know of a good data modeling mapping tool that integrates with CA's ERwin. I am looking for a tool that would define the sources and its associated attributes and transformations for my target data model defined in ERwin. Thanks, Todd ...

Data Migration from AS400 to PC
Hi I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating the process of migrating data from AS to PC. Thanks Paulo Portugal On Mar 28, 6:17=A0pm, white hair <PauloTrigoMor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal What kind of database on the PC? For SQL you could use DTS. For Excel I like CVTPFXLS (3rd party shareware). There is also the OS command CPYTOIMPF. FROG does a good job of building CSV files. SQL queries can also be used. Try FTP. This is for flat files (may be indexed) If you don't bother to copy the files first to QS36F and name the member like the file name than you may use the program that I stored at http://www.prym.nl/getme Just enter IP of the AS/400 (could be anywhere) userid and password, the file to get (member name must equal file name) and destination. Than Start Let me know if you are going to use it. Cheers, Ace white hair wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal "Ace" <no@spam.pls>...

Poor Bad Rate in Modeling Data Set
Hi, I am making a response model where I intend to predict the probability that a customer will responded to a campaign. But unfortunately I have just 900 observations of customers who have not responded to a campaign while I have around 4K observations of customers who have responded to a campaign. Can anyone suggest me how to make a modeling data set, I mean what ratio of respondent and non-respondent shall I keep so that my modeling dataset gives me a good & accurate prediction. Thanks & Regards, Rajat Nick, Thanks for your reply. Yeah I am sure actually this is all the data ava...

Web resources about - as400 data modelling tool - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

home - an introduction to infectious disease modelling
Easy to follow, step-by-step introduction to infectious disease modelling and its applications, with worked examples and exercises based on real ...

Rail transport modelling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Railway modelling (UK, Australia and Ireland) or model railroading (US and Canada) is a hobby in which rail transport systems are modelled at ...

Military Illustrated Modeller Aircraft - The World's No.1 Plastic Scale Modelling Aircraft Magazine on ...
Get Military Illustrated Modeller Aircraft - The World's No.1 Plastic Scale Modelling Aircraft Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

All sizes - June Dally Watkins Modelling School, Sydney, ca. 1952 / photonegative by Peter Godwin - Flickr ...

Flight MH370: Modelling used to help track origin of debris in southern Indian Ocean
Models of the ocean currents where the suspected Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 debris was spotted show the objects may have originated 500 kilometres ...

Renewable Energy Target cut would hit budget: modelling
Jacobs SKM modelling suggests reducing the renewables target would cost the federal budget $680m and bring $10bn in extra profit to coal and ...

NATSEM defends budget modelling against Abbott government attacks
The author of the economic modelling that discovered the Abbott government's second budget will hurt the poor hardest, while benefiting the better ...

Johnny Depp is ‘quite worried’ about daughter Lily-Rose’s modelling, acting career - HeraldSun Search ...
HE’S one of the coolest actors in Hollywood, but even Johnny Depp suffers from parental anxiety.

Yevgeny Kafelnikov says daughter has become anorexic after starting modelling
... followers for encouraging her weight loss. Former tennis star Yevgeny Kafelnikov has expressed concerns about his teenage daughter's modelling ...

Medicare safety net modelling should be released, Senate committee says
The Turnbull government should publish evidence justifying its planned changes to the extended Medicare safety net to hose down fears they will ...