AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese

Hi,

I am trying to transfer a file with simplified Chinese characters using
the AS400 Data Transfer Utility.  I am using Win2000 (chinese (PRC) as
the locale), V5R3 Service Pack SI17742.  I have set the emulator's host
code page to 1388 (Simplified Chinese).  When I downloaded the file, I
saw strange characters.  Then, I changed the user profile to CCSID =
935 and successfully download the file to view the simplified chinese
characters.  However, I then tried to enter Equation and it prompts an
error.

Is there anyway to work around this problem?  Thanks a lot!

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

AS400 to AS400 data transfer
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if p...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if p...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi All I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure such a connection. There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the data as soon as it is received. All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have been using SAVF and FTP but this is a differnet issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered Iain Iain racontait dans comp.databases....

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

Hello all, I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is still not being printed. This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas witho...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues
Hi All, We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able to passthrough and send files between both no problems. Last week one of our AS400's was moved to another location, with an IP change. We have updated the IP addresses on the other AS400 and can passthrough fine....however we can no longer send files from the new location. When I look at the distribution queue I see the following status: RTY-FAIL Any idea's as to what may be causing this? Thanks, Mike mot98@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > > We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able...

IBM AS400

How to transfer large amount of data from Win/Sybase IQ to AS400 DB2 ?
Hi all, we have implemented datawarehouse in Sybase IQ. Nowadays we are preparing data interface (small datamart) for reporting system implemented in Cobol/AS400 DB2. We need to (on daily basis) transfer large amount of data (e.g. GBytes) from Win/Sybase IQ environment to AS400/DB2 I thing, that solutions based on OLE DB / ODBC / JDBC will be useless form the picture of performance. What do you thing about possibility of generate CSV files, transfer via FTP to AS400 and upload to DB2 ? Is it speedy enough? Is it good choice? Advantages/disadvantages? Is there another opportunity - I don't...

Archiving AS400 data
I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we keep the AS400 plugged (unplugged) for the next seven years?....etc. Is the data DB2/UDB? What sort of data t...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to m...

AS400 accessing data
Hello, does anybody can tell me how to get connected to AS400 via JDBC or in any other way? Thank you Alessandro Yes. Ask IBM. It's their DB2 (presumably that's what you're talking about), and yes thy have been providing a JDBC driver since about 1997... Joe Weinstein at BEA Check http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.express.doc/info/exp/ae/tcws_toolbox.html also found a small wiki: http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/JT400 I use it on a db2 as400, working perfectly. Etienne alexjcasol wrote: &g...

transfer library from AS400
I have an old as400 with V5R2M0 with 92% of 70gb used and I have to transfer a 20gb library on another as400. The tape is not compatible and with V5R2M0 I cannot use the image catalog and virtual device(the second as400 is configured as NFS server and in the first as400 I have mounted an exported directory from the server)... can anyone help me Thanks In article <a177971c-84b0-44ae-a8e5-c4d980bfdff2@googlegroups.com>, frenk_mo@hotmail.com says... > > I have an old as400 with V5R2M0 with 92% of 70gb used and I have to transfer a 20gb library on another as400. > The tap...

Web data to AS400
Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming and then some. What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? Thanking any suggestions, I do thank...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Web resources about - AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Simplified Chinese characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Chinese text. Without proper rendering support , you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of Chinese characters . Simplified ...

Facebook Rolls Out Simplified Interests Targeting
Facebook combined its broad categories and precise interests to roll out its new simplified interests targeting option for advertisers. continued… ...

MMEIRS Simplified
Day 1 Evening. It’s a typical Tuesday, the traffic, the crowd, the sunset at 6:14 as announced by PAGASA. Except that today you are not coming ...

Building Simplified Platform Experiences for Users
We announced a redesign of our Privacy Settings page today to make it simpler for people to control how public or private they want to be through ...

SEO Software. Simplified. - SEOmoz
SEOmoz is the most popular provider of SEO software. Our easy to use tools and tutorials make search engine optimization accessible to everyone. ...

App Store - TBook - Your Message Simplified
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about TBook - Your Message Simplified on the App Store. Download TBook - ...

Charlotte Moving Company Moving Simplified-Sofa Moving
Charlotte Moving Company-# 1 Movers Moving Simplified™ Pack It™ Move It™ Clean It™ Junk It™ Store It™ Charlotte Moving Company-Moving Simplified ...

YouTube - Learn to write simplified Chinese: Brave Bear Children's story
Veröffentlicht am 28.06.2012 Learn to read and write simplified Mandarin Chinese. Each (handwritten) character is shown with its stroke order, ...

Road trial to split cyclists, cars will work better if road rules simplified, ACT pedestrian group says ...
New trial measures including rubber kerbing and rumble strips designed to keep cars and bikes apart on Canberra’s roads will work more effectively ...

Welfare review by Patrick McClure lays out plan for simplified payments, tightening eligibility for disability ...
A review of the nation's $150 billion welfare system lays out a plan for five basic payments.