AS400 in windows domain integration with another windows domain

Currently we acquired a company that has AS400 with Kerberos auth/
iSeries navigator in a Windows domain. We built a one way trust to
their domain that allows us to access their resources. One of those
resources is the AS400 but we are having trouble integrating the
iSeries navigator work with another domain. Any suggestions? Advise?
Thank you in advance!
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On Aug 18, 5:36=A0pm, tc <tchang73...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Currently we acquired a company that has AS400 with Kerberos auth/
> iSeries navigator in a Windows domain. We built a one way trust to
> their domain that allows us to access their resources. One of those
> resources is the AS400 but we are having trouble integrating the
> iSeries navigator work with another domain. Any suggestions? Advise?
> Thank you in advance!

Maybe a port issue, is there a way to bypass the kerberos at all to
verify??

Recommendations for Mixing Windows and non-Windows Domains?
If you run a Windows Domain and you also use BIND and MIT (or Heimdal) for DNS/Kerberos then you must have a strategy for preventing them from stepping on each other. Can I ask people for thumbnail's of how you-all do that? What raw services are handled by which servers? Are there "magic" settings on the clients that make it work? Significant services (which may need duplication or conflict resolution between Unix and AD): Forward DNS -- I suspect you serve separate DNS domains from BIND vice AD servers Reverse DNS -- Which platform gets which IP numbers, i.e. do you mix or segregate them? DHCP -- 1 or 2 DHCP services, provided by which? Does DHCP care about platform? DynDNS -- How is this integrated with DHCP (plus the above question). Kerberos -- krb5.conf or DNS SRV? Cross-realm -- Set up? Server-side referrals implemented (outside the DC that is)? Client configuration questions: advertised DNS servers -- BIND, DC, mix, pre-configured or DHCP supplied? cross-realm -- [domain_realm] section or DNS records maintained? I'm just listing the things that I can think of. Please tell me what I haven't thought of! If you want to reply privately, I will try to summarize to the list. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The opinions expressed in this message are mine, not those of Caltech, JPL, NASA, or the US Government. Henry.B.Hotz@jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz@oxy.edu In article <mailman.2...

Windows VPN domain login through non-windows VPN server?
The clients are all roadrunner win2k. The LAN is Windows2000 Active Directory with NT4 domain compatibility. The VPN firewall is being considered and BSD, Linux and windows2000 are on the table. The preferred solution is an OpenBSD firewall letting through ipsec clients which will then login to the internal NT Domain. Is this possible? If thats possible, two other issues immediately arise. Can the firewall use the internal DHCP server to assign the IP address, and can it allow kerberos or x509 logons authenticated against another server? I'm hoping for replies of reports of t...

ON DOMAIN AND NOT ON DOMAIN
Hi all, i have a strange problem: i work with SQL Server 2K (back) and Access 2K (front). When i create a mdb file with sqlserver linked tables from a domain workstation and i copy this mdb on a non-domain worstation i have a "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection". HOWEVER my SQL Server authentification is set to "Windows NT AND SQL Server authentification". Then, if i take my file made on domain and i re-link my SQL Server tables from the non-domain workstation it works.... Hope i'm clear. If someone have an idea for making mdb files with SQL Server linked tables from non-domain machine and domain-machine i'm very interrested! Thx for any informations. X.C PS: same ODBC on both workstation ...

Joining centos 6.5 member Domain Controller to an existing Windows Domain
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01CF6853.C99604A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is my Issue and I think it may be a python path bug? This is my Error: /root/samba-master/bin/samba-tool domain join AAF.ECPI DC -Uadministrator -= -realm=3DAAF.ECPI I get the following Error: Traceback (most recent call la= st): File "/root/samba-master/bin/samba-tool", line 33, in <module> from samba.netcmd.main import cmd_sambatool ImportError: No module named samb...

detecting a window from another window
Hi, I would like to find a better way of doing the following. I have a window (call it Win) that creates a new window (call it Win2). It detects if the window already exists and brings it to the front if it does (else it just creates it). Please study and try the code below to try it and then read on. The problem occurs when I reload window Win and hit the create-window button. The Win2 window is reset and reloads from scratch. I want it to just be brought to the top. In my work what I do is have the Order button bring up an order form from an item page. Then going to another item page hi...

cross domain Integrated Windows Auth (aka SPNEGO)
Hi, One of our customers has a problem with Integrated Windows Authentication i= n IE browser. They have two AD domains which are part of different forests,= so external trust is used. The workstation is joined to domain1 and user l= ogs onto this domain, then opens browser to access web server which is on a= server joined to domain2. This is not working, but if workstation on domai= n2 is used the logon works fine. >From wireshark trace on workstation we can see a TGS-REQ being sent to doma= in1 for the HTTP/<hostname of webserver>@<DOMAIN1> and of course this princ= ipal is not found in domain1 so principal not found is returned - the brows= er then uses NTLM and attempts to authenticate, but the web server we are u= sing does not support NTLM. Is there any way we can configure workstation so that it knows which domain= the webserver is in ? We found a section in registry which looks like it m= ight be the correct place to configure this, but it didn't help :( Thanks in advance for your help, Tim ...

reload existing window from another window
Hi! I have logg in page, after clicking loggin the pop up window apiears and if user loggins it closes, I want to reload if loggin succes ( I have handling sistem for it) ,page were user have clicked to logg in, how do I do it? is it possible to do it with php? -- Thanx in advance ________________________ BTW. I know my english is not best in the word, so please stop bugging me about my spelling. And yes Iam sorry you don't understand what I mean, but there is no point to yell at me. Have a nice day. On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:14:06 +0200, Carramba <nospam@note.com> wrote: >I have logg in page, after clicking loggin the pop up window apiears and >if user loggins it closes, >I want to reload if loggin succes ( I have handling sistem for it) ,page >were user have clicked to logg in, how do I do it? >is it possible to do it with php? No, that would have to be with Javascript, probably via the "window.opener" property - if you're opening popups and closing windows you're already using Javascript anyway. -- Andy Hassall / <andy@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk> <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool ...

detecting a window from another window #2
Hi, I would like to find a better way of doing the following. I have a window (call it Win) that creates a new window (call it Win2). It detects if the window already exists and brings it to the front if it does (else it just creates it). Please study and try the code below to try it and then read on. The problem occurs when I reload window Win and hit the create-window button. The Win2 window is reset and reloads from scratch. I want it to just be brought to the top. In my work what I do is have the Order button bring up an order form from an item page. Then going to another item page hi...

telnetting from one windows to another windows
Hi, I'm trying to do some operations on windows server from one windows machine by using Expect5.2.1. But it is getting connection refuesd by foreign host...I give username and password. It is giving usage: open [-l user] [-a] host-name [port] (I have started telnet services in the server machine.) -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG ...

Enabling a Unix OS in dual boot config with a Windows OS to maintain a valid keytab in Active Directory without invalidating the Windows OS's domain trust relationship
Dear List, This information is aimed at sites for which all of the following apply: - Sites that are using Active Directory as a Kerberos KDC - Sites that have dual-boot configured machines running both a Linux and W= indows based OS with the same hostname - Sites that want to have a working Kerberos keytab on the Linux OS, but w= ithout invalidating the trust relationship between the Windows OS and Activ= e Directory. This problem may be old news or may not apply, but it can be solved with a = few steps: Problem/Background: If a keytab is constructed for the Linux OS (using mskt= util, ktpass etc), the password of the corresponding computer account is re= set in Active Directory in order for client and domain controller(s) to hav= e matching keys. This invalidates the Windows OS's password, which no longe= r matches the one stored in Active Directory. This results in the following= error when attempting to logon to the domain from the Windows OS: 'The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain fai= led' A Solution: Configure the Windows OS to use a password which matches that u= sed by the Linux OS (I used the NetJoinDomain function to do this). There i= s an increased security risk, in that the Windows OS can no longer periodic= ally update the key, but developing a custom key renewal system which does = not invalidate either OS's key might be an option. Steps: 1. Login as the local Administrator on the Windows OS 2. Disab...

Windows Domain AND Workgroup
Hi, AIM: I want to exchange files between my company laptop (Win XP Pro) and my private computer (Win XP Home) while both machines are not connected to any network. SOLUTION: So far, I used a twisted pair network cable to directly connect the to computers, assigned arbitrary (different) IP-numbers, and the same workgroup on both machines. Works fine so far. PROBLEM: Now, my company started to use Windows Domains. Under Configuration --> System --> Computer name --> Change, I have the possibility to EITHER select domain OR workgroup (domain being selected). My private computer has only workgroup (XP Home). Changing my company laptop from domain to workgroup works fine. However, changing back to domain afterwards requires the company's domain password (which I don't have -- and which doesn't make the sysadmin my best friend if I have to call him each time :-). QUESTION: Is there a possibility to temporarily assigning a computer to a workgroup without "forgetting" it's domain settings (and hence the password)? Or is there a different solution to connect the two machines in the scenario described above? Thanks a lot, Chris ...

join to windows domain
i cannot be able to join the linux workstations on the windows 2003 doamin. do i need samba to join linux to domain. then what is the steps. please help thanks On 2005-01-04, shibdutta <shibdutta@rediffmail.com> wrote: > do i need samba to join linux to domain. Yes. > then what is the steps. 1. Read samba-howto 2. configure machine following instruction 3. join domain Davide -- NT is the only OS that has caused me to beat a piece of hardware to death with my bare hands. --Derry Hamilton On 2005-01-04, shibdutta <shibdutta@rediffmail.com> wrote: > steps. please ...

windows domain password
I keep getting password prompts to change pwd every two days. I've changed many times and i still get the same prompt. policy is set for password to expire every 60 days. i am on win2k pro. any ideas ? thanks; SS hi sergio, if it's win2000 goto control panel>users&passwords>advanced>advanced user management> click on the user u want to change settings and under general tab check "password never expires". hope that will do. richard richard_nutts@yahoo.com (richardp) wrote in message news:<eb41f217.0406070921.5cf8faf4@posting.google.com>... > hi sergio, > > if it's win2000 goto control panel>users&passwords>advanced>advanced > user management> > > click on the user u want to change settings and under general tab > check "password never expires". > > hope that will do. > richard well that is only if users have local admin rights... this is an issue i am having with several users. not all have local admin rights. Sergio define a local machine policy. "sergio" <sc.sanchez@netzero.net> wrote in message news:9723f5d0.0406030546.485d32f2@posting.google.com... > I keep getting password prompts to change pwd every two days. I've > changed many times and i still get the same prompt. policy is set for > password to expire every 60 days. i am on win2k pro. any ideas ? > > thanks; > SS ...

Pix and Windows domains
Hi, I have been asked to segregate one subnet from the remainder of the network. This should be achieved using an ASA. For instance, I will have a 10.0.0.0/8 network (A), with the servers located in 10.1.0.0/16 subnet (S). On the other hand I will have a 192.168.0.0/16 network (B). I will have Domain Controllers in the (S) subnet as well in the (B) network. And I will have workstations in the (A) and (B) networks. (B) workstation will have access to the servers in the (S) subnet, but not to the remainder of the (A) network. Can this be achieved using a Pix (ASA5520) ? I fear tha...

clients in windows domains
I want to have my linux workstations (20-30 of them) authenticate against the domain and automount user home directories into /home/username. (rather like a NIS domain does for our Solaris network). The howtos I am reading on this topic seem to refer to linux and windows clients talking to samba servers. I do have one linux server on the domain but the users home shares (for normal Windows sessions) are on a W2K fileserver and to get the linux server authenticating for users web spaces I have used pam_smd and the users are all known to the linux server because they have accounts on it. Wher...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

kostenlose mail domain eigener domain kostenlos email domain kostenlos eine kostenlose domain kostenlose homepage domain
kostenlose mail domain eigener domain kostenlos email domain kostenlos eine kostenlose domain kostenlose homepage domain .. .. .. http://XD03.COM/DOMAINS-KOSTENLOS/ http://XD03.COM/DOMAINS-KOSTENLOS/ http://XD03.COM/DOMAINS-KOSTENLOS/ http://XD03.COM/DOMAINS-KOSTENLOS/ http://XD03.COM/DOMAINS-KOSTENLOS/ http://XD03.COM/DOMAINS-KOSTENLOS/ .. .. .. .. domain reservieren kostenlos kostenlose subdomain kostenlose domain registrierung kostenlose tk domain kostenlose domain einrichten kostenlose domain registrierung kostenlose domain erstellen kostenlose domain mit webspace ...

Parked Domains, Aliases, Domain Redirection and Domain Forwarding
Hi Everybody!! I am a bit confused between Parked Domains, Aliases, Domain Redirection and Domain Forwarding. Plz tell me what are the similarities and differences between them. Thanks in advance apug ...

Can a Pop-Up Window control another opened window?
I have a window with a subform that has a subform. The main (outter) window is a single form that enables navigation through the recordset via buttons (btnFirst,btnPrevious,btnNext,btnLast). I would normally put an unbound combobox at the top to enable the user to "jump" to a particular record by selecting one of the rows in the combobox. However the window seems a bit full and I really don't want to change the design of that window. However, there is room for a command button that I thought could be used to open pop-up window with a combobox to be use to "find/jump" to a particular record in the original outter window (at the combobox.AfterUpdate event). However, I haven't figured out how to "tell" the calling window what to do. Since I intended to keep the outter window open and visible while the pop-up window is displayed I can't use the docmd.openform method to pass the recordID back to the calling form. Any suggestions? ALSO ... Am I supposed to be notified via EMAIL when someone answers my post here on Developersdex? I am not receiving notifications. Would you know why? Thanks. Regards, SueB *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 21 Jan 2008 14:25:36 GMT, Susan Bricker <slbrick@verizon.net> wrote: >ALSO ... Am I supposed to be notified via EMAIL when someone answers my >post here on Developersdex? I am not receiving notifications. Would >you know why? Sorry I cannot help wi...

Transfering AS400 to new domain.
We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. Thanks. I think allot of it will depend upon how your participate on your network. Are people using DNS or host table files to get to you, are you using them for some specific purposes etc. Question_123 wrote: > We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done > this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you > can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote > printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. > > Thanks. We just did this 3 weeks ago. We had no major problems. Heres what we did: 1) Removed old tcp/ip route - added new 2) Removed old tcp/ip interface - added new 3) Modified tcp/ip host table entries ( we have some host table entries) 4) Changed tcp/ip domain information. (We had a minor problem here. After a call to IBM it was determined that our new domain name had to be "NewDomainName.local" instead of "NewDomainName" 5) Change the domain name in for the ISeries NetSvr properties. (This required tcp/ip to be stopped & restarted. JB "Question_123" <I_am_fitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5cedbf9d.0503281639.19c3e927@posting.google.com... > We are planing on movin...

AS400 command from DOS/Windows
thanks ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

Docking windows... in Windows
I'm using the Windows version in Windows 7. There's an option in each window to "Lock tab to dock", but I don't see anything occurring. They just sit there and float like they were before. What behavior should be occurring, and what if anything am I doing wrong? Also, has anyone used a recent version of Visual Studio? I like how you can drag a window to one of the edges of the screen or leave it floating. The user interface for dragging the windows is also real easy to use and makes everything real obvious and clear to the user. ...

mapping of AS400 in Microsoft windows
Anyone help with the client access requirements to view AS400 using os400 V3r2 Your Best Bet will be to dig out and Win98 PC, use client access V3R2 (and service pack) this will automatically add your iSeries into the network neighbourhood when configure it. You can then map to this new computer. This is supported using IP, Twinax, SNA adaptors but IP is by far the best even with code this old. Good Luck terry.mayell@iod.com wrote: > Anyone help with the client access requirements to view AS400 using > os400 V3r2 ...

Web resources about - AS400 in windows domain integration with another windows domain - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Functional integration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Functional integration is a collection of results in mathematics and physics where the domain of an integral is no longer a region of space , ...

Shazam gains deeper integration with Google Play Music, offering 3-month Play trial for $1
Popular song identification app Shazam has announced (via The Verge) deeper Google Play Music integration on Android, as well as a promotion ...

Shazam now lets you buy tracks via Google Play Music integration
Shazam is implementing some major new integration into its Android app with its latest update. When you look up a song using Shazam, you will ...

eBay & Shyp Expand Integration to Make Selling Even Easier
Today, eBay and Shyp announced an extension of their shipping integration into the Los Angeles market to further help sellers from coast to coast ...

Q&A: NetApp CEO Kurian Talks About SolidFire Integration, Upcoming Layoffs, And A Disappointing Q3 *
NetApp just closed its acquisition of all-flash storage array upstart SolidFire, but is moving fast to integrate the company into its portfolio ...

Smartplug’s Hue integration is no substitute for Siri
Zuli Smartplug Presence 3-Pack The Zuli smartplug has been out since September, but starting today, it’s gained some cool new functionality: ...

Killing Floor 2 now has full Steam Workshop integration
... roots. Today, Tripwire announced that people who like to murder on the ground (eh? eh?) will be able to utilize full Steam Workshop integration ...

New Tasktop Gateway Delivers DevOps Integration Hub
With its new Gateway offering, Tasktop is presenting enterprises with a DevOps Integration Hub that enables them to scale their DevOps practices. ...

Shyp's eBay Integration Fixes A Major Hassle Of Making Money Off Your Unwanted Stuff
Now available in four cities, this pickup service lets you become a merchant without getting into the packing-and-shipping business. For almost ...

BusinessAviationVoice: Signature Tackles Integration
Every company wants to grow revenues and shareholder value, and mergers and acquisitions are traditionally seen as one of the key drivers. Making ...