AS400 Network Connection

When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't
administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network
connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the
connection backup.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is
unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies.

0
none6 (457)

"Coder" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't
> administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network
> connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the
> connection backup.
>
> Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is
> unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies.

Is there a configuration setting that makes this stop? No.  iSeries NICs are
very, very anal about being connected to something.

What I do is set up a reply-list entry to deal with it (WRKRPYLE).   Just
have it answer 'R' whenever the message shows up. But even with this, it
will eventually quit retrying and vary-off the device.

Also,  you said reboot,  I hope you didn't mean IPL the entire system,  just
varying off/on the line description (or if it is stuck in RCYPND status,
just '7 resume recovery' will do) and restarting TCP/IP will get it going
again.

0
gk_2345 (69)
2/12/2004 2:00:22 AM
George Kinney wrote:

> Also,  you said reboot,  I hope you didn't mean IPL the entire system,  just
> varying off/on the line description (or if it is stuck in RCYPND status,
> just '7 resume recovery' will do) and restarting TCP/IP will get it going
> again.

Or just answer the message in QSYSOPR with an "R" about the line failing.

BTW V5R2 handles most of this of error automagically now...bout time

0
kgoins (136)

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

The mapped network drive could not be connected to AS400 Folder
Hello. AS400/PC Networking We have a shared drive on our AS400. It was working for years without any problems. Drive: F Folder: \\SYSTEM01\QDLS\FGUS All of the sudden on Monday we started to get this massage(on all PC's that are trying to connect to any \\SYSTEM01\QDLS\..... folders: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error occurred: No more connections could be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as computer can accept." Based on my research on line this is a windows license issue. But what is it has to do with AS400 drive ??? When I try to connect to: \\SYSTEM01\ROOT\QDLS\FGUS - It connects without any problems. It does not make sense to me............ Any Ideas ? Thank you in advanced Gary segalgary@hotmail.com This is a windows message indicating that the maximum number of connections for the share has been reached. Open Ops Nav / File Systems/ IFS / Shares Right click the share, Properties, and check maximum number of connections allowed. segalgary@hotmail.com (Gary Segal) wrote in message news:<f010f638.0411021248.c6fcf0c@posting.google.com>... > Hello. > > AS400/PC Networking > > We have a shared drive on our AS400. It was working for years without > any problems. > > Drive: F > Folder: \\SYSTEM01\QDLS\FGUS > > All of the sudden on Monday we started to get this massage(on all PC's > that are tryi...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

IBM AS400

AS400 connection again...
Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. Is there a way? Thanks. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:38:21 GMT, "Matthew Wells" <MWells@FirstByte.net> wrote: I like this site for connection strings: http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81 (formerly able-consulting.com) -Tom. >Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 >table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: > >currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString >currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink > >I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING >ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. > > >Is there a way? > >Thanks. > >Matthew Wells >MWells@FirstByte.net > > > ...

AS400 connection AGAIN....

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

A Basic question on Connecting non-IBM FC Disk Subsystem to AS400
Hi, I'm exploring connecting a non-IBM AS400 disk subsystem to AS400, for example connecting an IBM FAStT Storage Subsystem to the AS400. Can this be done? If so what do I need to get this working? Is the config certified by IBM? Thank you. ...

How to connect WHow to connect WINCE to AS400 DB2 ?
I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection to an local Access Database or the local file system. I tried ViaDB from Odessey Software (a trial version for one connection) but no succsess. I have looked for several solutions in C++, VB and Java but nothing seems capable to get an easy connection to a database connected wireless. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks. -- "Warum haben wir eigentlich nie Zeit, eine Sache richtig zu machen, aber immer Zeit, sie noch mal zu machen?" 'Systemdenken und Softwarequalit�t', Gerald Weinberg I tried to do this 2 years ago --- the only information I was able to ascertain was that you could write your own data provider or have one written for you. There were also several kludges we were entertaining in order to do this -- one involved Citrix server I believe. Ultimately, the project was killed. It seems like the same issues still exist today. If you find a data provider that works with CE I'd be interested in learning about it. Good Luck Jim K "Frank Barfs" <wegmachen.barfs@vsb-soft.de> wrote in message news:f7qjsc.hic.ln@ID-226326.user.uni-berlin.de... > I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 > Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). > ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection t...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

Connect to as400 through vpn
Hi all, This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as400. I am using mocha, that doesn't work. I tried telneting directly to the as400 from a command prompt, that doesn't work. I can telnet from a command prompt to other computers in the office, that's fine. Just not the as400s. Anyone else have something like this? Is there some issue with telnet or mocha through a vpn? Thanks, Julien Hi, Julien Mills schrieb: > Hi all, > > This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office > through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as400. > I am using mocha, that doesn't work. I tried telneting directly > to the as400 from a command prompt, that doesn't work. I can > telnet from a command prompt to other computers in the office, > that's fine. Just not the as400s. > > Anyone else have something like this? > > Is there some issue with telnet or mocha through a vpn? > > Thanks, > Julien that sounds to me as if the default gateway on as400 is'nt setup correctly. We are using Mochasoft over vpn without any problems. Kind regards Michael On Sep 23, 11:24=A0am, Michael Paris <michael.pa...@pv-koeln.de> wrote: > Hi, > > Julien Mills schrieb: > > > Hi all, > > > This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office > > through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as4...

networking about the AS400 application
Hi, I am rather new for AS400 application. I have a remote office which is using the site-to-site VPN like the following topology: [A ( AS400 Server )] ---------IPLC Line-------- [B]-------Site-to-Site VPN----[C] >From B pinging to A, time = 244ms, time = 60 >From C pinging to A, time = 296ms TTL=60 >From site B & site C both are using iSeries access to the AS400 Server. We found that workstations in Site C hangs in connecting to the AS400 server while workstations in Site B has no any problem at all. Does anybody knows the problem ? the network latency time or the VPN connection ? Thanks so much for your kindly help Most likely your VPN isn't allowing the need ports. In addition to telnet (25) there are additional ports needed by iSeries Access in the 84xx range. >From the PC, with VPN connected, try running CWBPING to your iseries. It will tell you where its failing. Also, you may want to reivew the information at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp ...

AS400 on home network
Hi, I have just picked up an AS400 running at v5r2 for working at home. I have a very simple network with a couple of PCs and printers and a "cheap" router. The As400 has a network card that was working in its previous location. I cannot seem to get it working on the new network. Is there a straightforward checklist available so I can see that the parameters are set up correctly? Is there a way of testing the network card to know if it is still working correctly? Any ideas most welcome as I am getting rather stuck with this. regards stony StoneySoft wrote: > Hi, > > I have just picked up an AS400 running at v5r2 for working at home. > > I have a very simple network with a couple of PCs and printers and a > "cheap" router. > The As400 has a network card that was working in its previous > location. > > I cannot seem to get it working on the new network. > > Is there a straightforward checklist available so I can see that the > parameters are set up correctly? > Is there a way of testing the network card to know if it is still > working correctly? Connect the AS400 with UTP to the cheap router Use a 5250 (twinax) terminal Type 'endtcp *immed' Type "go cfgtcp" and choose 1. Is the IP-address of the AS400 correct ? If not remove the old one and enter the correct one. Type 'strtcp' without the quotes Ping yourself like "ping '192.168.1.1'" If this works you could ...

AS400 modem connection
Help please, I have an AS400 running OS V4R1 and have the *LIN/*CTL/*DEV configured, with a modem connected to COMN2. I am trying to dial in to this from my laptop using a standard dial up connection (Windows XP) the laptop has client access loaded. The AS400 modem receives the call, but then I get the following messages. AS400 The exchange identifier (XID) is *NOID PC error the is 619 It would seem that I need a different form of dial up! First - upgrade to a supported release of OS/400 (i.e. at least v5r1). Second - is this leading to a Lotus Notes/Domino question? If n...

Connecting with AS400 systemname??
Hello. All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400. In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the AS400. If i put the Systemname SXXXXXX i have a error "Cannot find the system........" I have many AS400, so i dont wont to search always, if i install CA in a PC what are the IP address. I wont do use AS400 Names LIKE PROCUTION, FACTORING,SERVICE etc. .. Its this possible?? And how?? thanks. marsias racontait dans comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc: > Hello. Hello > > All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400. > > In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the > AS400. > > If i put the Systemname SXXXXXX i have a error "Cannot find the > system........" > It means that the IP stack of the PC cannot resolve the IP address of the SXXXXXX name. > I have many AS400, so i dont wont to search always, if i install > CA in a PC what are the IP address. > > I wont do use AS400 Names LIKE PROCUTION, FACTORING,SERVICE etc. > > . > > Its this possible?? And how?? > You have to update the hosts file of your PC or use a DNS for name resolution. > thanks. > > -- Cordialement/Best regards Marc Rauzier marsias wrote: > Hello. > > All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400. > > In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the AS400. > > If i put the Systemname SXXXXXX i have a error "Cann...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

DominoNews: IBM Connect becomes IBM ConnectED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- DominoNews - IBM Collaboration Solutions (Lotus software) news IBM Notes and Domino since 2003 September 10, 2014 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- SPONSORS: Genius Project for Domino: Try it free! Project Management Software for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/geniusproject AttachZIP: Attachment compression, image optimization and archive tool for = IBM Notes Compress attachments to ZIP format and optimize images. Increase disk space= , network bandwidth and performance. Reduce mailbox / DB sizes. Single prod= uct offering. Notes template based installation. http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/attachzip ACL Dominator: ACL management and administration reporting security tool fo= r IBM Notes Report, manage, analyze, audit, export, update all Access Control Lists on = an IBM Domino server. Fix security holes, optimize servers, expand nested g= roups, prepare for message migrations. Report on ACLs, database properties,= mailbox preference properties, user activity, DAOS. http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/acldominator Print Merge Reporter: Mail merge, printing and reporting tool for IBM Notes Mail merge Excel, contacts, barcodes and Notes app data to email or printer= using Notes, iNotes, web. Generate charts and reports to Word, Excel, and = PDF fo...

[...]

AS400 and Dell Networked Printers ?
Hello, In the coming months I will be adding a number of network printers as AS400 printers. Most of them will be Dell. Right now I'm trying to connect a Dell 3100cn PCL6 color laserjet printer. The only document that I can find on the internet says to configure it as a *HPCOLORLJ if I remember right from work. I've also tried the *HP5000. Neither of these or several other tries has worked.I have not changed any settings on the laser printer because I wouldn't know what to change. The printer is on the network with a fixed IP and it is in DNS so I can see it on the domain. Iseries is on 5.3 When I try to print I get a couple of partial pages and several more with just 3 or 4 characters at the top. Nothing exotic, just letters and numbers. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida This is a configuration that I have used successfully with a number of dell 3100's. Just make sure you have your ip address and subnet mask right on the printer as well. CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/D4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHR...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Web resources about - AS400 Network Connection - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Controversial Australian Cup protest could be costly for Awesome Rock's connections
Nothing arouses punters' feelings more than a controversial protest. Racing people still discuss with great vigour the Nausori-Big Philou Caulfield ...

2 men charged in connection of Girl Scout money theft
The suspects have been charged with robbery, safecracking and theft.

7 Minnesota Connections To The NCAA Tournament
The Gophers aren't a part of March Madness, but there are enough Minnesota connections to the Big Dance to keep local fans engaged in the action ...

84 indicted in connection with NYC, New England drug-gun ring
Bronx DA says four gangs formed "an alliance of evil" to peddle cocaine and heroin in New Hampshire and Massachusetts

Young people prefer an Internet connection to daylight
Technically Incorrect: A UK survey suggests that daylight isn't all that at least in young people's enlightened minds. Neither is hot water. ...

26-year-old man arrested in connection with Iditarod crashes
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A man suspected of intentionally driving a snowmobile into teams of two mushers near the front of the Iditarod Trail ...

Other Sports: For first time, NFL acknowledges connection between football-related brain trauma, CTE ...
In what could be a watershed moment in the debate about the long-term effects of head injuries in the nation's most popular sport, the NFL's ...