AS400 printer - HPLJ2600N - nothing prints

Hi,

A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP
Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in
the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address
is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer.

They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another
outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it
was the customising object, and it worked fine.

I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR
in library QSYS but it didn't help.

Please help!

Thanks,

Hazel

0
wrighth (1)

wrighth@frenchconnection.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP
> Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in
> the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address
> is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer.
>
> They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another
> outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it
> was the customising object, and it worked fine.
>
> I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR
> in library QSYS but it didn't help.
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hazel

Even though this color laser printer is advertised as "network-ready",
it is really a host-based printer that does not support PCL/Postscript;
in other words, it requires specialized host-based software to print:

Quote:(http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/18972-236251-236268-15=
0=2E..)
Connectivity, std.
        Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port; built in Fast Ethernet wired networking
Print drivers, std.
        Host-based  (Uses the processing power and resources of your
computer
to process the print job. No PCL or PostScript.)

HP only provides software for:
        =BB      Mac OS X
        =BB      Microsoft Windows 2000
        =BB      Microsoft Windows 98SE
        =BB      Microsoft Windows ME
        =BB      Microsoft Windows Server 2003
        =BB      Microsoft Windows XP
        =BB      Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition,

So with your AS/400, tell the department they are out of luck and to
request software for it from HP.

0
billygt (18)
9/12/2006 2:24:40 PM
Have you tried using IBM Client Access with printer device ? It should
work,
also try MochaLPD that would work as well, I use those for
non-direct-print printers.

F.

0
vrankom (12)

AS400 to AS400 connection

HP2600N Colour Printer
Hi all, I have set up fifty or sixty HP lasers on the AS400 and they all print quite happily. The models were HP2200/2300/4050/4100/4200/4300. I am now trying to set up my first colour laser, HP2600N, and it appears to print and disappears from the spool file on the AS400. At the laser the network light flashes, but I get no output. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone print successfully to the HP2600? This is the configuration that I am using is: - Device description . . . . . . . > HP2600TN Port number . . . . . . . . . . 9100 Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . *Y...

Printing from an AS400 to a Windows or Unix printer
Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer connections? If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some of the options? Thanks. Hi, Check out Brooks Internet Software, www.brooksnet.com for some very good yet reasonable LPR/LPD products supporting AS/400. Larry T. The Praetorian <mlutgen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a > windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer > connections? Yes. Remote output queues send out print jobs as lpr/lpd jobs. You need to have the AS/400 configured to send to the right lpd queue, and the remote system must accept lpd jobs from the AS/400. I gather that CRTDEVPRT is better than remote output queues, but haven't had a version of OS/400 that provided it to try. If the remote system is Windows XP Pro, you can load the "Print Services For Unix" package to give it a (weak) lpd server. This is likely to have a high suckage factor. I've used FreeBSD with very good results. > If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some > of the options? Thanks. I've posted a few AS/400 remote output queue definitions here over the last few years. Do a groups.google.com search on my email address and "AS400". -- Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA ...

Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400
Hi, I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage so far. Does anybody recognize this problem and is there a solution? Thanx Hi Willem Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations How do you want to connect it to your as400? (LAN/IP, par on Workstation, par on PC, Twinax ) Daniel On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de Weerdt) wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem >and is there a solution? > >Thanx Hi Daniel, I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port. Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer, without success. Well I think I tried everything possible. thanx Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>... > Hi Willem > > Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. > > Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 > Emulation for matrix printe...

AS400 printing to PC-connected printer
I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems to ignore paper size setting. This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows printer setup. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. All my experience of this leads me to believe that windows knows better & that you need to tinker with windows - possibly until you are blue in the face Jonathan "Mike" <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:27ef6386.0307141144.4054221a@posting.google.com... > I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer > session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the > driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. > > I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and > that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what pap...

PC Document Printing On AS400 Twinax Printers
I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. Thanks You can try: In Operations Navigator, Open the system, go into Basic Operations, Printers, right click on the printer and create a share for the printer. Now add a network printer as \\TheAS400IpAddress\TheShareName on the PC. Jim "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote in message news:1116338029.678272.180930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the > as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > > Thanks > I did it once to see if it would work. I was able to print a Windows test page, but I didn't try anything else. Use Operations Navigator to share the printer, then add the printer driver on the desired PC. On 17 May 2005 06:53:49 -0700, "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote: >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the >as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > >Thanks ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does that end up? Change a spoolfile to Drawer 2, 3 or even 4 to see if it ends up in the other trays. If you find Spoolfile Drawer Values which fits your needs then all you have to do is change the printerfiles with formtype A4 to a specific Drawer and all the other printerfiles to another Drawer. Or you mean you want this function only on this HP 4200? Then we have to think some more... -- Bengt "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:Dd3xc.55036$Np3.2437225@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hello, > > I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. > How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 > automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with > formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? > > Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into th...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 Printing Issue
I have setup a remote queue pointed at a Netgear PS101 which is connected to an Comapq LG15 Lineprinter. The printer prints as expected with a few quirks. At the very top of the page a string appears OUOp10 00h012v0s0b003T0B@30008C005C0p17.... and at the beginning of EVERY line +00216H. The LG printer can emulate several other printers, including the EPSON FX and the IBM Proprinter XL III I'm sure that it's a problem with emulation, but I cannot seem to get this working properly. The queue settings follow. Just looking for a push in the correct direction. Thanks. ~k --- chgoutq Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > P1REPLACE Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . > QUSRSYS Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Maximum spooled file size: Number of pages . . . . . . . *NONE Number, *SAME, *NONE Starting time . . . . . . . . Time Ending time . . . . . . . . . Time Order of files on queue . . . . *FIFO *SAME, *JOBNBR, *FIFO Remote system . . . . . . . . . *INTNETADR Character value, *SAME... Remote printer queue . . . . . . 'P1' Character value, *SAME... Writers to autostart . . . . . . 1 1-10, *SAME, *NONE Queue for writer messages . . . QSYSOPR Name, *SAME Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Connection type . . . . . . . . *IP *SAME, *SNA, *IP, *IPX... Destination type . . . . . . . . *OTHER *SAME, *OS400, *OS400V2... Host print transform ....

as400 printing
Hi Guys: I just found this newsgroup. I'm an IT Manager at a firm with an AS400, just started the job. I'm not an AS400 guy. We have an AS400 running V5R3 (I believe). Our users connect to a vertical app. one of my users is using the IBM Client Access software to print a report to a local printer. the report is supposedly defined on the AS400 as a landscape report. However, when she prints it out to her local printer, the orientation is portrait. When the report is printed to a different printer, it comes out landscape. I've no idea where to begin on this. Can someone help me figure out how to make it print out landscape on her local printer? I went into her printer properties and set the printer default to landscape with no luck getting the report to print landscape. so there must be something that is injecting the printer control codes to tell the device to print portrait. i'm not sure if it's these PDT files i've heard about, or whether it's the print device setup in the AS400 itself. The end user says that a previous IT person used to be able to make a change at the client side to have it come out landscape. i'm not sure how. Help! Somebody please give me a clue! (yes, I don't have one!) :) You would need to check to see how the spooled file attributes are set on the i5/OS (AS400) side. The way to do this is to use WRKSPLFA (option 8 from WRKOUTQ, WRKSPLF or WRKJOB OPTION(*SPLF)) and scroll down through the attributes....

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

print pdf from as400
Hi I know this topic came up before but no clear answer has been provided yet. I am looking for something that can print out my pdf files created from a j2ee application directly on the as/400 printers. isn't it possible to use something like lpr <<name of pdf file>> ? thomas Hi Thomas, Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should find exactly what you need at thier site. Thanks, Larry T. Hi Larry I have checked the website but it requires the intervention of a windows pc. Do you have any alternatives? T "Larry T." <larry-nospamx@jbmsystems.com> wrote in message news:Fo3qc.49016$L8.35483@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > Hi Thomas, > > Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). > Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms > design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should > find exactly what you need at thier site. > > Thanks, > > Larry T. HI, Sorry, all these solutions run on a windows pc or server. Most of our clients either have a windows pc or server or can get one pretty inexpensively. They usually like to run this type of utility and application on a machine that doesn't use their AS/400 resources (leave that for the ...

Fiscal printers with AS400
Hi. Has anybody ever been working with AS400 and fiscal printers. I was wondering how to transmit any data to this printers. Regards, Tomasz Hi Tomasz, If you can tell me a model number of fiscal printer, I might be able to help you. Best Regards, /Paul -- Paul Tykodi Principal Consultant TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC E-mail: ptykodi@tykodi.com ...

AS400 color print?
We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with HPT or any other product? (AFP product) On Apr 24, 7:09 am, "hmda" <kantat...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with > HPT or any other product? (AFP product) I would like to know this also. ...

AS400 Printing queries
Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a way I can do this? Thanks in advance!! Shannon Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output form" option, second screen Form size - Width. - Bob Comer "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > Shannon > > > > > > I forgot to mention that it only prints landscape on laser printers. It prints as it should on our wide impact printer. Shannon "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > ...

Printing with AS400 in different subnets
Hi all, I'm not a AS400 specialist, but inherited a system with a company buyout. We have Linux servers and workstations, plus some windows workstations. The AS400 is now installed and working happily in our network. It also prints as it should on a printer (IBM NP17) in the same subnet (10.9.8.0/255.255.255.0). We have a VPN on Linux basis between two office buildings. The other subnet (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0) where some users work in the stores also needs to print out from the AS400 to a printer (also an IBM NP17) in their subnet (office). Logged in with a client session in this other subnet that the AS400 is in (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0), I can ping the printer from the AS400 with the command " ping '10.9.7.3' ". So the ping goes through the VPN and is returned by the printer to the AS400. When the AS400 prints, it moans that the printer is not switched on. I also added the printer name PRT02 to the host and routing table in the AS400. Why can I ping a printer but it won't print? When I use the same printer defined in the AS400 in its own subnet, it works. Just changing the same printer configuration to the other subnet does not work. We also copied the printer and queue definitions to another printer and queue PRT11 and just changed the IP addresses; to no avail. Why? All other windows systems can print on the printer. Are there some AS5400 peculiarities I should know of? Any ideas welcome. :-) LandSr Should be a plain routing issue. Ping is I...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

PDF Document printing from the AS400
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. Take a look at CVTSPLSTMF http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/CoolNew.htm "Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> schreef in bericht news:IGbSc.40853$V96.32907@cyclops.nntpserver.com... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print > on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. > > Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document > printing/serving from the AS400? > > These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in > various colors of ink and on various types of paper. I...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

question about printing reports from the as400
I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. Here is the problem: We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC and has a client access session associated with it. THe printer is shared off of one of the user's PCs, she is runing Client Access Express The other two users have windows 98 PCs running client access 95. The report is supposed to print out in landscape mode. it is 142 characters long. My understanding is anything over 96 defaults to landscape? Anyways, just recently the report started printing in portrait and we cannot get it back to printing in landscape mode. I have deleted the printer session and set it back up, and have deleted the client access sessions on the PCs and set them back up but it still doesnt print landscape. Yet there are other reports they send to this printer that DO print landscape. Plus on another PC one of our programmers printed the report we are having this problem with to a networked copier and it DID print in landscape. I am guessing there is a setting somewhere we are not looking at, but dont really know. Any help would be appreciated. gary gary wrote: > I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. > > Here is the problem: > > We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. > The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC > and has ...

Web resources about - AS400 printer - HPLJ2600N - nothing prints - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc