as400 printing - n00b

Hi Guys:

I just found this newsgroup. I'm an IT Manager at a firm with an AS400, just
started the job. I'm not an AS400 guy.

We have an AS400 running V5R3 (I believe). Our users connect to a vertical
app.

one of my users is using the IBM Client Access software to print a report to
a local printer. the report is supposedly defined on the AS400 as a
landscape report. However, when she prints it out to her local printer, the
orientation is portrait.

When the report is printed to a different printer, it comes out landscape.

I've no idea where to begin on this. Can someone help me figure out how to
make it print out landscape on her local printer?

I went into her printer properties and set the printer default to landscape
with no luck getting the report to print landscape. so there must be
something that is injecting the printer control codes to tell the device to
print portrait.

i'm not sure if it's these PDT files i've heard about, or whether it's the
print device setup in the AS400 itself.

The end user says that a previous IT person used to be able to make a change
at the client side to have it come out landscape. i'm not sure how.

Help! Somebody please give me a clue! (yes, I don't have one!)

:)

0
rbritton (1)

You would need to check to see how the spooled file attributes are set
on the i5/OS (AS400) side.  The way to do this is to use WRKSPLFA
(option 8 from WRKOUTQ, WRKSPLF or WRKJOB OPTION(*SPLF)) and scroll down
through the attributes.

First, make sure the page size is accurate.  That is, make sure the page
size matches the page dimensions of the paper being printed on.  Also
keep in mind that the text must fit into the "printable area".  Most
ASCII printers have a no print border..each with different sizes.  If
your page size is really close to fitting, one printer the data may not
rotate, and on another printer with a smaller printable area, it may
rotate...thus appearing to work "right" by landscaping....how this works
will depend upon the rotation attribute value...

Second, check to see what the rotation attribute is set to.  *AUTO or
*COR typically get you into trouble if you don't have the page sizes
right, the correct font specified, and the printer device type set to
*SCS.  Host Print Transform typically is used to transform the EBCDIC
data streams on i5/OS to ASCII data streams that will print on ASCII
printers.  If the printer device type is *AFPDS, HPT will not
automatically rotate the print to make it fit on the page.  If the
printer device type is *AFPDS, then you would need to set the printer
file rotation attribute to 90 or 270 (depending upon desired direction
of landscape).  Then when the spooled file is created using that printer
file, the rotation will be set to landscape as desired.

I suggest getting into the iSeries information center and reading up on
page size, rotation, and fonts.  The old Printer Device Programming
manual might be a good place to start (V5R3 version of info center).
Other places are the IBM Printing Red Books, and the iSeries Software
Knowledge DB.  All have descriptions of common situations and various
solutions as to how to deal with many of those situations.

--
Rodney A Johnson
Technical Team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400) Spool

my employer, IBM.  All responsibility for the statements
sender.
0
rodjohns (130)
10/19/2006 3:43:37 PM
If the printer is connected locally, it may be that is is run thru a
local CA session.  If so, open the session, click "File" and "Print
Setup" to find the properties.

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does that end up? Change a spoolfile to Drawer 2, 3 or even 4 to see if it ends up in the other trays. If you find Spoolfile Drawer Values which fits your needs then all you have to do is change the printerfiles with formtype A4 to a specific Drawer and all the other printerfiles to another Drawer. Or you mean you want this function only on this HP 4200? Then we have to think some more... -- Bengt "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:Dd3xc.55036$Np3.2437225@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hello, > > I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. > How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 > automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with > formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? > > Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into th...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 color print?
We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with HPT or any other product? (AFP product) On Apr 24, 7:09 am, "hmda" <kantat...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with > HPT or any other product? (AFP product) I would like to know this also. ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

AS400 Printing Issue
I have setup a remote queue pointed at a Netgear PS101 which is connected to an Comapq LG15 Lineprinter. The printer prints as expected with a few quirks. At the very top of the page a string appears OUOp10 00h012v0s0b003T0B@30008C005C0p17.... and at the beginning of EVERY line +00216H. The LG printer can emulate several other printers, including the EPSON FX and the IBM Proprinter XL III I'm sure that it's a problem with emulation, but I cannot seem to get this working properly. The queue settings follow. Just looking for a push in the correct direction. Thanks. ~k --- chgoutq Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > P1REPLACE Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . > QUSRSYS Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Maximum spooled file size: Number of pages . . . . . . . *NONE Number, *SAME, *NONE Starting time . . . . . . . . Time Ending time . . . . . . . . . Time Order of files on queue . . . . *FIFO *SAME, *JOBNBR, *FIFO Remote system . . . . . . . . . *INTNETADR Character value, *SAME... Remote printer queue . . . . . . 'P1' Character value, *SAME... Writers to autostart . . . . . . 1 1-10, *SAME, *NONE Queue for writer messages . . . QSYSOPR Name, *SAME Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Connection type . . . . . . . . *IP *SAME, *SNA, *IP, *IPX... Destination type . . . . . . . . *OTHER *SAME, *OS400, *OS400V2... Host print transform ....

print pdf from as400
Hi I know this topic came up before but no clear answer has been provided yet. I am looking for something that can print out my pdf files created from a j2ee application directly on the as/400 printers. isn't it possible to use something like lpr <<name of pdf file>> ? thomas Hi Thomas, Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should find exactly what you need at thier site. Thanks, Larry T. Hi Larry I have checked the website but it requires the intervention of a windows pc. Do you have any alternatives? T "Larry T." <larry-nospamx@jbmsystems.com> wrote in message news:Fo3qc.49016$L8.35483@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > Hi Thomas, > > Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). > Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms > design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should > find exactly what you need at thier site. > > Thanks, > > Larry T. HI, Sorry, all these solutions run on a windows pc or server. Most of our clients either have a windows pc or server or can get one pretty inexpensively. They usually like to run this type of utility and application on a machine that doesn't use their AS/400 resources (leave that for the ...

AS400 Printing queries
Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a way I can do this? Thanks in advance!! Shannon Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output form" option, second screen Form size - Width. - Bob Comer "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > Shannon > > > > > > I forgot to mention that it only prints landscape on laser printers. It prints as it should on our wide impact printer. Shannon "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > ...

PDF Document printing from the AS400
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. Take a look at CVTSPLSTMF http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/CoolNew.htm "Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> schreef in bericht news:IGbSc.40853$V96.32907@cyclops.nntpserver.com... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print > on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. > > Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document > printing/serving from the AS400? > > These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in > various colors of ink and on various types of paper. I...

Printing to as400 using cups
Hi all, Has anyone been able to print to an as/400 from linux using cups? If so, what format did you use for the name, location, and device uri? I'm using: name: nameofprinter location: //nameofas400 device: 'windows printer via SAMBA' device uri: smb://Workgroup/nameofas400/nameofprinteronas400 Problem is, this doesn't work and I think my "device uri" is wrong, but don't know what to change it to. Using the old linux box, I added this to my printcap and it worked (still does actually): nameofprinter:\ :sd=/var/spool/lpd/nameofprinter:\ :rm=amoroso3:\ :rp=QUSRSYS/nameofprinter:\ :lp=/dev/null:\ :sh: -- Julien Mills Amoroso's Baking Company Tel: (215) 471-4740 IS Dept email: julien@amorosobaking.com www.amorosobaking.com I'm not sure why you'd do this - almost everyone use tcp/ip attached printers with as400 now, so why wouldn't you just go directly to the printer itself? julien mills wrote: > Hi all, > > Has anyone been able to print to an as/400 from linux using > cups? > If so, what format did you use for the name, location, > and device uri? > > I'm using: > > name: nameofprinter > location: //nameofas400 > device: 'windows printer via SAMBA' > device uri: smb://Workgroup/nameofas400/nameofprinteronas400 &g...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Print 255 Colon on AS400
PARAMETERS on link below (STAMP) http://nuke.risorsesoftware.it/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=jkcP%2bYI4XCU%3d&tabid=82&mid=433 Pagesize 76x255 Lpi 09 OVRFLW 76 PAGRTT 90 FONT 290 Gothic TEXT Uniformly Spaced 27 Cpi Register on site www.risorsesoftware.it for more tips and programs open source Print on system type : 3812 Physical printer : HP Laserjet 1320tn This tip is valid for more other printers For problems contact me on www.risorsesoftware.it Bye The Cat ...

Printing with AS400 in different subnets
Hi all, I'm not a AS400 specialist, but inherited a system with a company buyout. We have Linux servers and workstations, plus some windows workstations. The AS400 is now installed and working happily in our network. It also prints as it should on a printer (IBM NP17) in the same subnet (10.9.8.0/255.255.255.0). We have a VPN on Linux basis between two office buildings. The other subnet (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0) where some users work in the stores also needs to print out from the AS400 to a printer (also an IBM NP17) in their subnet (office). Logged in with a client session in this other subnet that the AS400 is in (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0), I can ping the printer from the AS400 with the command " ping '10.9.7.3' ". So the ping goes through the VPN and is returned by the printer to the AS400. When the AS400 prints, it moans that the printer is not switched on. I also added the printer name PRT02 to the host and routing table in the AS400. Why can I ping a printer but it won't print? When I use the same printer defined in the AS400 in its own subnet, it works. Just changing the same printer configuration to the other subnet does not work. We also copied the printer and queue definitions to another printer and queue PRT11 and just changed the IP addresses; to no avail. Why? All other windows systems can print on the printer. Are there some AS5400 peculiarities I should know of? Any ideas welcome. :-) LandSr Should be a plain routing issue. Ping is I...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

question about printing reports from the as400
I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. Here is the problem: We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC and has a client access session associated with it. THe printer is shared off of one of the user's PCs, she is runing Client Access Express The other two users have windows 98 PCs running client access 95. The report is supposed to print out in landscape mode. it is 142 characters long. My understanding is anything over 96 defaults to landscape? Anyways, just recently the report started printing in portrait and we cannot get it back to printing in landscape mode. I have deleted the printer session and set it back up, and have deleted the client access sessions on the PCs and set them back up but it still doesnt print landscape. Yet there are other reports they send to this printer that DO print landscape. Plus on another PC one of our programmers printed the report we are having this problem with to a networked copier and it DID print in landscape. I am guessing there is a setting somewhere we are not looking at, but dont really know. Any help would be appreciated. gary gary wrote: > I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. > > Here is the problem: > > We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. > The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC > and has ...

PDF Document printing from the AS400 #2
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. You could try using FOP. But you need to look @ java on the iseries and XSLT. This is a low cost solution for what you need, and it is free, just your time. Thomas, have a look at our software "i4Win". It enables you to do this job and close your project within minutes. Regards Andreas Goering http://www.goering.de / www.goering.us (for north America) ============================================================== Thomas Hauber <thauber@printgrc.com> wrote in message news:<nysSc.80693$V96.558@cyclops.nntpserver.com>... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department wan...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Printing AS400 to Windows Server 2003
I have presently a number of printers on my AS400 printing to shared printers on a Windows 2000 Server. This setup has been working fine for many years. I am installing a new print server and using Server 2003 on the new server. I cannot successfully get the files to spool form the 400 to Server 2003. I have the same shared names on my 2000 server as my 2003 server (all simple short names, no weird characters) and if I simply change the IP address back to the 2000 server, they print fine. The setup of the printers on the two servers is identical. The windows firewall is disabled so that is not an issue. TCP and the Print Spooler service are on the 2003 server and running/ configured. I am getting no errors on either the AS400 logs or the Windows Server logs. I contacted IBM and they confirmed that the AS400 setup was correct and they did a trace from the AS400 and they said the request to print is being rejected by the Windows Server and offered no help beyond that. Has anyone had any similar problems with 2003 server? If so, how did you solve? Thanks in advance for you help. il 05/10/2007 18.15, Scrive BobLindemannInCa@gmail.com 40391552: > I have presently a number of printers on my AS400 printing to shared > printers on a Windows 2000 Server. This setup has been working fine > for many years. I am installing a new print server and using Server > 2003 on the new server. I cannot successfully get the files to spool > form the 400 to Server 2003. ...

as400 print que on windows 2003
I have quoted this text from another message. It is exactly the same problem I am having. We have an AS/400 that is currently printing to a Windows 2000 box using a remote outq. It basically sends an LPR request to a printer share on the windows 2000 box. This works fine. I am trying to set up a second print server, this time using Windows 2003. I change what IP address the AS/400 is sending the print to and have the printers and shares the same but the Windows 2003 box rejects the request. A look at the event log gives this information for each attempt to print: The description for Event ID ( 4008 ) in Source ( LPDSVC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=3D flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: \\192.168.210.146\test, 192.168.3.1 Any help would be greatly appreciated.=20 Reply =BB Shaun Sounds like the Like the LPD service on you windows server is not loaded, stopped or busted. Checked the TCP Print Services service is loaded, running & that the print queue specified on the OUTQ exists on the Windows 2003 server (preferably with no spaces or special characters in the name as this can cause problems) Good luck shaun.guanco@gmail.com wrote: > I have quoted this text from another message. It is exactly the same > probl...

Printing from AS400 to Sharp AR-M455N
This is a Digital Imager, copier, fax etc etc... When we try to print from the AS400 we get a message :spolled data will be lost" and the document prints with the default settings for the printer. Does anyone have any experience of this and which OUTQ settings to use? I only became aware of the problem this afternoon, and this is my last day with this client, so I don't have time to test myself, but would like to help point them in the right direction if I could to fix the problem... I looked at a document from IBM which indicates this printer probably acts like an *HP8000, but I don't have time to test. I know it's the transformation, and from what I see there is no transformation object there. I'm not familiar with the User Data Transform object they are using, and they have *HP6 not *HP8000, but I am not sure that's the issue... Any help would be appreciated... I have listed the OUTQ definition below... Queue: IS04 Library: QUSRSYS Status: Writer active . . . . . . . . . . . : Y Writer name(s) if active . . . . . . : IS04 Output queue held . . . . . . . . . : N Maximum spooled file size: Number of pages . . . . . . . . . . : *NONE Starting time . . . . . . . . . . . : Ending time . . . . . . . . . . . . : Writers to autostart . . . . . . . . . : 1 Display any file . . . . . . . . . . . : *NO Job separators . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0 Operator controlled . . . . . . . . . : *YES Order of files on...

Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400
Hi, I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage so far. Does anybody recognize this problem and is there a solution? Thanx Hi Willem Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations How do you want to connect it to your as400? (LAN/IP, par on Workstation, par on PC, Twinax ) Daniel On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de Weerdt) wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem >and is there a solution? > >Thanx Hi Daniel, I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port. Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer, without success. Well I think I tried everything possible. thanx Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>... > Hi Willem > > Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. > > Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 > Emulation for matrix printe...

Web resources about - as400 printing - n00b - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Make your own 'Ghostbusters' trap via 3D printing
When ghosts go bump in the night, will you have the right equipment to bust them? Make this replica ghost trap from the original "Ghostbusters" ...

Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030
Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030

Tokyo students develop architectural 3D-printing pen
A group of University of Tokyo students overseen by architect Kengo Kuma have developed a 3D-printing pen that can be used to create complex ...

Barclays' 'MakerSpaces' offer 3D printing to local businesses
The worlds of banking and technology intersect at many points, but you'd hardly consider 3D printing a shared interest. In Barclays' "MakerSpaces," ...

3D Printing Your Own Braces Works, Is a Terrible Idea
At the age of nine, I became the first kid in my elementary school class to get braces. They did their job, but by the time I left college, I’d ...

Join Us at the Greatest 3D Printing Festival on Planet Earth
Winter is hanging on like clinical depression, which means it’s that time again for the greatest 3D-printing festival on the planet Earth. It’s ...

3-D Printing: Gigi The Macaw Gets First-Ever Titanium Prosthetic Beak (PHOTOS)
Gigi the macaw is the first-ever recipient of the world's first 3-D-printed titanium beak.

Archinaut, A 3D Printing Robot To Make Big Structures In Space
Historically, the only way to get anything into orbit has been by rocket; a process that is massively expensive, cumbersome, and presents a slew ...