AS400 Printing queries

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files,
they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the query
definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know of a
way I can do this?

Thanks in advance!!

Shannon

0
stilley (8)

Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output form"
option, second screen Form size - Width.

- Bob Comer

"Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
files,
> they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the query
> definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know of
> way I can do this?
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Shannon

0
bobcomer (51)
1/20/2004 8:04:06 PM
I forgot to mention that it only prints landscape on laser printers.  It
prints as it should on our wide impact printer.

Shannon

"Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
files,
> they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the query
> definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know of
> way I can do this?
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Shannon

0
stilley (8)
1/20/2004 8:08:26 PM
Do you mean wrapping width?  I dont see a number of columns option....

"Robert Comer" <bobcomer@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output
form"
> option, second screen Form size - Width.
>
> - Bob Comer
>

> "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
> files,
> > they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the
query
> > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know
of
> > way I can do this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!
> >
> > Shannon

0
stilley (8)
1/20/2004 8:11:18 PM
If you set the page size to be 132, 198 or whatever columns it will
print in landscape mode, in a very small font size, but if you set it
to 70 columns * 62 lines (or 66, I'm at home at the moment and
dont have access to the As/400) then your report will be printed
in a lovely big font in portrait mode.
Its on the second page of the 'select output type and options' option.

> I forgot to mention that it only prints landscape on laser printers.  It
> prints as it should on our wide impact printer.
>
> Shannon
>

> "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
> files,
> > they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the
query
> > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know
of
> > way I can do this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!
> >
> > Shannon

It's on the next screen after that, just hit enter and you'll see it. It's
on the "Define Printer Output" screen.  (unless they've changed something
drastic -- I'm at V5R1.)

> Do you mean wrapping width?  I dont see a number of columns option....
>

> "Robert Comer" <bobcomer@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output
> form"
> > option, second screen Form size - Width.
> >
> > - Bob Comer
> >

> > "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
> > files,
> > > they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the
> query
> > > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know
> of
> > > way I can do this?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!!
> > >
> > > Shannon

0
bobcomer (51)
1/20/2004 9:53:02 PM
The problem is in the PRTF. When I look at my output it uses print file
QPQUPRFIL. In the print file check for the option:

Degree of page rotation  . . . .   *AUTO

This is telling the printer to auto rotate if the page is wider than long
(the same thing as *COR). This comes from the S/36 days on 3812's.

Try changing the option to                    Degree of page rotation  . . .
..   0.

Jim

"Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
files,
> they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the query
> definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know of
> way I can do this?
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Shannon

Thanks Jim, it worked, however, now when I print queries that are 132 or
wider, it truncates it and still prints portrait when it should print on
landscape?  We fixed one problem but created another.

Shannon

"Jim Thedorf" <jthedorf@nospanallowed-rogers.com> wrote in message
> The problem is in the PRTF. When I look at my output it uses print file
> QPQUPRFIL. In the print file check for the option:
>
> Degree of page rotation  . . . .   *AUTO
>

> This is telling the printer to auto rotate if the page is wider than long
> (the same thing as *COR). This comes from the S/36 days on 3812's.
>
> Try changing the option to                    Degree of page rotation  . .
..
> .   0.
>

> Jim
>

> "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
> files,
> > they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the
query
> > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know
of
> > way I can do this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!
> >
> > Shannon

0
stilley (8)
1/21/2004 1:15:33 PM
But then you'll break landscape mode in queries that need it...

- Bob Comer

"Jim Thedorf" <jthedorf@nospanallowed-rogers.com> wrote in message
> The problem is in the PRTF. When I look at my output it uses print file
> QPQUPRFIL. In the print file check for the option:
>
> Degree of page rotation  . . . .   *AUTO
>

> This is telling the printer to auto rotate if the page is wider than long
> (the same thing as *COR). This comes from the S/36 days on 3812's.
>
> Try changing the option to                    Degree of page rotation  . .
..
> .   0.
>

> Jim
>

> "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
> files,
> > they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the
query
> > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know
of
> > way I can do this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!
> >
> > Shannon

0
bobcomer (51)
1/21/2004 4:12:06 PM
Thanks for your help Jim and Bob, but there must be an easier way to do
this...

some of these queries run on a schedule automatically so manually doing the
ovrprtf on a particular query would not be an option.

> 1) change the QPQUPRFIL back to the way it was.
> 2) If the QRY should have the rotation = 0, then prior to running the QRY
> use the OVRPRTF command.
> 3) After the QRY has been run use the DLTOVR FILE(QPQUPRFIL) command, or
> sign off.
>

> Jim ( saying hi from Toronto).

0
stilley (8)
1/21/2004 4:29:26 PM
I've never done this myself, but the RUNQRY command has a formsize
parameter, so if you're running the queries with RUNQRY you can try that.
The only other way to do it is with OVRPRTF in the CL's that you run the
queries from.

For me it's easier to modify the query, then it's done.

> Thanks for your help Jim and Bob, but there must be an easier way to do
> this...
>
> some of these queries run on a schedule automatically so manually doing
the
> ovrprtf on a particular query would not be an option.

0
bobcomer (51)
1/21/2004 7:04:52 PM
Ya but I tried modifying the query as you suggested but nothing works.  It
still dosen't print portrait unless I change the print file.

Shannon

> I've never done this myself, but the RUNQRY command has a formsize
> parameter, so if you're running the queries with RUNQRY you can try that.
> The only other way to do it is with OVRPRTF in the CL's that you run the
> queries from.
>
> For me it's easier to modify the query, then it's done.
>
> - Bob Comer
>

> "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your help Jim and Bob, but there must be an easier way to do
> > this...
> >
> > some of these queries run on a schedule automatically so manually doing
> the
> > ovrprtf on a particular query would not be an option.

0
stilley (8)
1/22/2004 12:52:47 PM
>It
> still dosen't print portrait unless I change the print file.

Interesting, as that does work here.

You can always try the OVRPRTF to turn off page rotation, but make sure the
Open Scope is right. (brute force set it to *JOB but remember to delete the
override after using it.)

> Ya but I tried modifying the query as you suggested but nothing works.  It
> still dosen't print portrait unless I change the print file.
>
> Shannon
>
> "Robert Comer" <bobcomer@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > I've never done this myself, but the RUNQRY command has a formsize
> > parameter, so if you're running the queries with RUNQRY you can try
that.
> > The only other way to do it is with OVRPRTF in the CL's that you run the
> > queries from.
> >
> > For me it's easier to modify the query, then it's done.
> >
> > - Bob Comer
> >

> > "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your help Jim and Bob, but there must be an easier way to
do
> > > this...
> > >
> > > some of these queries run on a schedule automatically so manually
doing
> > the
> > > ovrprtf on a particular query would not be an option.

0
bobcomer (51)
1/22/2004 3:12:30 PM
Shannon,

You have had a lot of replies, but I don't think that anybody has pointed
out that what is happening is not an error.

Normal "piano listing" computer reports print in "landscape" so when you
divert the print to an A4 laser, the system automatically shrinks and
rotates the print 90% to also print it "landscape".

So, how to "fix" it?

Well, as stated in other replies the report width can be used as a crude
measure - but you can still have the problem when swapping the prints from
line printer to laser.

The only sure way is to do an OVRPRTF FILE(QPQUPRFIL) PAGRTT(?) before
executing the query - but you need to know what printer you are going to
print to. I would say that the default in a query is to assume a 14" wide by
11" deep piece of "piano listing" which will print "landscape" on a
continuous forms printer (and "landscape" on an A4 printer).

If you want it to print "portrait" on an A4 page printer e.g. laser etc,
then the OVRPRTF is required and you will have to design the report width,
CPI (characters per inch) and LPI (lines per inch) accordingly - these can
also be specified on the OVRPRTF command. To execute the override and query,
you will need a bit of CL...

e.g.

PGM
OVRPRTF    FILE(QPQUPRFIL) LPI(6) CPI(10) PAGRTT(*COR)
RUNQRY     QRY(query)
DLTOVR     FILE(QPQUPRFIL)
ENDPGM

The values for LPI, CPI and PAGRTT are the defaults. change PAGRTT(*COR) to
PAGRTT(0) for A4 portrait. Adjust the LPI & CPI if your report is wider than
80 characters - but be prepared for some funny typeface (font) choices if
you do so...

Phew, hope that this helps.

GB

"Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool
files,
> they only print landscape not portrait.  There isn't anywhere in the query
> definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait.  Do you know of
> way I can do this?
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Shannon

0
GB452 (123)

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 Queries with out a existing query
Wondered if you could jog my memory a bit. Its been years since I've worked on an AS400. I recall there is a way to issue a QUERY command to have it list the data with in a file with out creating an entire query. I thought it was a QUERY *N .... but that doesn't seem to work. Thanks for any help. Try: runqry *n libname/filename A Switzer wrote: > Wondered if you could jog my memory a bit. > > Its been years since I've worked on an AS400. > > I recall there is a way to issue a QUERY command to have it list the > data with in a file with out creating an entire query. > > I thought it was a QUERY *N .... but that doesn't seem to work. > > Thanks for any help. Thats the one, Thank You! janssen_@hotmail.com (A Switzer) wrote in message news:<65116016.0408261509.497cfbb8@posting.google.com>... > Wondered if you could jog my memory a bit. > > Its been years since I've worked on an AS400. > > I recall there is a way to issue a QUERY command to have it list the > data with in a file with out creating an entire query. > > I thought it was a QUERY *N .... but that doesn't seem to work. > > Thanks for any help. ...

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does that end up? Change a spoolfile to Drawer 2, 3 or even 4 to see if it ends up in the other trays. If you find Spoolfile Drawer Values which fits your needs then all you have to do is change the printerfiles with formtype A4 to a specific Drawer and all the other printerfiles to another Drawer. Or you mean you want this function only on this HP 4200? Then we have to think some more... -- Bengt "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:Dd3xc.55036$Np3.2437225@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hello, > > I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. > How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 > automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with > formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? > > Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into th...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

as400 printing
Hi Guys: I just found this newsgroup. I'm an IT Manager at a firm with an AS400, just started the job. I'm not an AS400 guy. We have an AS400 running V5R3 (I believe). Our users connect to a vertical app. one of my users is using the IBM Client Access software to print a report to a local printer. the report is supposedly defined on the AS400 as a landscape report. However, when she prints it out to her local printer, the orientation is portrait. When the report is printed to a different printer, it comes out landscape. I've no idea where to begin on this. Can someone help me figure out how to make it print out landscape on her local printer? I went into her printer properties and set the printer default to landscape with no luck getting the report to print landscape. so there must be something that is injecting the printer control codes to tell the device to print portrait. i'm not sure if it's these PDT files i've heard about, or whether it's the print device setup in the AS400 itself. The end user says that a previous IT person used to be able to make a change at the client side to have it come out landscape. i'm not sure how. Help! Somebody please give me a clue! (yes, I don't have one!) :) You would need to check to see how the spooled file attributes are set on the i5/OS (AS400) side. The way to do this is to use WRKSPLFA (option 8 from WRKOUTQ, WRKSPLF or WRKJOB OPTION(*SPLF)) and scroll down through the attributes....

print pdf from as400
Hi I know this topic came up before but no clear answer has been provided yet. I am looking for something that can print out my pdf files created from a j2ee application directly on the as/400 printers. isn't it possible to use something like lpr <<name of pdf file>> ? thomas Hi Thomas, Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should find exactly what you need at thier site. Thanks, Larry T. Hi Larry I have checked the website but it requires the intervention of a windows pc. Do you have any alternatives? T "Larry T." <larry-nospamx@jbmsystems.com> wrote in message news:Fo3qc.49016$L8.35483@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > Hi Thomas, > > Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). > Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms > design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should > find exactly what you need at thier site. > > Thanks, > > Larry T. HI, Sorry, all these solutions run on a windows pc or server. Most of our clients either have a windows pc or server or can get one pretty inexpensively. They usually like to run this type of utility and application on a machine that doesn't use their AS/400 resources (leave that for the ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Query AS400 with ASP
Hello I'm trying a connection to AS400 with ASP pages, my problem is when I use a query like this: CommandText = "SELECT btforn, pruser FROM carg.bolef WHERE btforn=16046;" The query retuns to me all the records an not only the records with btforn=16046. Can you help me plese??? Thanks F.V. On May 24, 11:28 am, aldobe...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello > I'm trying a connection to AS400 with ASP pages, my problem is when I > use a query like this: > CommandText = "SELECT btforn, pruser FROM carg.bolef WHERE > btforn=16046;" > > The query retuns to me all the records an not only the records with > btforn=16046. > > Can you help me plese??? > Thanks > > F.V. I notice that you have an ";" inside the quotes rather than outside which looks a little strange. Otherwise the most likely cause is that somehow you are losing the WHERE clause when the query is being submitted to OS/400. Make sure you don't have any control characters in your CommandText string. If this is fine then you can use iSeries OpsNav to start a database performance monitor and monitor the SQL requests it is receiving. John Garrould ...

AS400 color print?
We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with HPT or any other product? (AFP product) On Apr 24, 7:09 am, "hmda" <kantat...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with > HPT or any other product? (AFP product) I would like to know this also. ...

AS400 Printing Issue
I have setup a remote queue pointed at a Netgear PS101 which is connected to an Comapq LG15 Lineprinter. The printer prints as expected with a few quirks. At the very top of the page a string appears OUOp10 00h012v0s0b003T0B@30008C005C0p17.... and at the beginning of EVERY line +00216H. The LG printer can emulate several other printers, including the EPSON FX and the IBM Proprinter XL III I'm sure that it's a problem with emulation, but I cannot seem to get this working properly. The queue settings follow. Just looking for a push in the correct direction. Thanks. ~k --- chgoutq Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > P1REPLACE Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . > QUSRSYS Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Maximum spooled file size: Number of pages . . . . . . . *NONE Number, *SAME, *NONE Starting time . . . . . . . . Time Ending time . . . . . . . . . Time Order of files on queue . . . . *FIFO *SAME, *JOBNBR, *FIFO Remote system . . . . . . . . . *INTNETADR Character value, *SAME... Remote printer queue . . . . . . 'P1' Character value, *SAME... Writers to autostart . . . . . . 1 1-10, *SAME, *NONE Queue for writer messages . . . QSYSOPR Name, *SAME Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Connection type . . . . . . . . *IP *SAME, *SNA, *IP, *IPX... Destination type . . . . . . . . *OTHER *SAME, *OS400, *OS400V2... Host print transform ....

Query that blocks AS400
Hi! I have a VB program , that creates a query in a dynamic way, depending on the users selections. So, one of the query that it creates is the below query. It consists in 6 unions, the first 3 are more simple and returns one registers each one, and the next 3 returns some more registers. If I execute the query in this order the process, begins to catch CPU, since it block the AS400. If I change the order and I put the last 3 statment before the first 3, then the query runs correctly. Could anybody explain me what happen? We have the last version of AS400, and it happends also if I execute the query with the Operations Navigator. Thanks in advance and sorry by my english. This is the query: Select 2 As Tipo, 2 As Semana, 0 As SIN_A, 0 As SIN_B, 0 As SIN_C, 0 As COBRADO, 0 As PREVISTO, 0 As NO_PREVISTO From (Select Count(*) From LIB.TB_DETAIL) AS UNICOREG Union All Select 2 As Tipo, 3 As Semana, 0 As SIN_A, 0 As SIN_B, 0 As SIN_C, 0 As COBRADO, 0 As PREVISTO, 0 As NO_PREVISTO From (Select Count(*) From LIB.TB_DETAIL) AS UNICOREG Union All Select 2 As Tipo, 5 As Semana, 0 As SIN_A, 0 As SIN_B, 0 As SIN_C, 0 As COBRADO, 0 As PREVISTO, 0 As NO_PREVISTO From (Select Count(*) From LIB.TB_DETAIL) AS UNICOREG Union All Select 1 As Tipo, 1 As Semana, Sum(Case When C.Endoso<>'S' And C.EndDis<>'S' And D.ForCob In (1, 2, 7, 18, 21) Then Princi Else 0 End) As SIN_A, Sum(Case When C.Endoso<>'S' And C.EndDis<>'S&#...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Printing with AS400 in different subnets
Hi all, I'm not a AS400 specialist, but inherited a system with a company buyout. We have Linux servers and workstations, plus some windows workstations. The AS400 is now installed and working happily in our network. It also prints as it should on a printer (IBM NP17) in the same subnet (10.9.8.0/255.255.255.0). We have a VPN on Linux basis between two office buildings. The other subnet (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0) where some users work in the stores also needs to print out from the AS400 to a printer (also an IBM NP17) in their subnet (office). Logged in with a client session in this other subnet that the AS400 is in (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0), I can ping the printer from the AS400 with the command " ping '10.9.7.3' ". So the ping goes through the VPN and is returned by the printer to the AS400. When the AS400 prints, it moans that the printer is not switched on. I also added the printer name PRT02 to the host and routing table in the AS400. Why can I ping a printer but it won't print? When I use the same printer defined in the AS400 in its own subnet, it works. Just changing the same printer configuration to the other subnet does not work. We also copied the printer and queue definitions to another printer and queue PRT11 and just changed the IP addresses; to no avail. Why? All other windows systems can print on the printer. Are there some AS5400 peculiarities I should know of? Any ideas welcome. :-) LandSr Should be a plain routing issue. Ping is I...

Running Totals in AS400 Query
Hi, Is there a way of creating a running total field in AS400 query Lets say I have 2 fields 1. Date of Transaction 2. Amount. eg -2000 +50, -55 Date Amount Running Total 01/01/07 200 200 02/01/07 -50 150 I want to create the running total field using the Amount field programmatically. I plan to use the define report fields screens. Any ideas or help appreciated, Many Thanks, Ant AS400 Query Beginner excel-ant wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way of creating a running total field in AS400 query Nope. . IIRC, the Query/38 feature offered that function. That software comes with OPTION(06) of i5/OS. If that option is installed, CALL QCL, then issue DSNQRYAPP Beyond that, I recall almost nothing about it except that F1=Exit. Thus if your PF1 key is mapped to only Help, be sure to first remap your keyboard to allow exit/save of the designed query report/application. If you can create some SQL VIEW that gets the data in rows that the Query/400 reporting can present, then you could replace the query of the file with a report of the VIEW -- with or without summary processing in the query definition, depending on what the VIEW achieves for you. I do not want my brain to hurt, so I have not given this any thought for the given example. Regards, Chuck -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever excel-ant wrote: > Is there a way of creating a running total field ...

Print 255 Colon on AS400
PARAMETERS on link below (STAMP) http://nuke.risorsesoftware.it/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=jkcP%2bYI4XCU%3d&tabid=82&mid=433 Pagesize 76x255 Lpi 09 OVRFLW 76 PAGRTT 90 FONT 290 Gothic TEXT Uniformly Spaced 27 Cpi Register on site www.risorsesoftware.it for more tips and programs open source Print on system type : 3812 Physical printer : HP Laserjet 1320tn This tip is valid for more other printers For problems contact me on www.risorsesoftware.it Bye The Cat ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

question about printing reports from the as400
I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. Here is the problem: We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC and has a client access session associated with it. THe printer is shared off of one of the user's PCs, she is runing Client Access Express The other two users have windows 98 PCs running client access 95. The report is supposed to print out in landscape mode. it is 142 characters long. My understanding is anything over 96 defaults to landscape? Anyways, just recently the report started printing in portrait and we cannot get it back to printing in landscape mode. I have deleted the printer session and set it back up, and have deleted the client access sessions on the PCs and set them back up but it still doesnt print landscape. Yet there are other reports they send to this printer that DO print landscape. Plus on another PC one of our programmers printed the report we are having this problem with to a networked copier and it DID print in landscape. I am guessing there is a setting somewhere we are not looking at, but dont really know. Any help would be appreciated. gary gary wrote: > I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. > > Here is the problem: > > We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. > The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC > and has ...

SQL queries on AS400 database
Hi, Currently I use a program called DataSelect for running queries on my AS400 database. From Clarion 5.5. I open a DDE channel and have the outcom of the query running into a dBase IV file, from where I can access the data in my Clarion applications. I am sure there must be a way to run SQL based queries directly on the AS400, using the ODBC connection I have setup with the database, but I don't know how to set this up and how to ensure that the data ends in a table (TopSpeed file). Anybody who could help me? Thanks for your reply, Gerard Hi, > I am sure there must be a way to run SQL based queries directly on the > AS400, using the ODBC > connection I have setup with the database, but I don't know how to set this > up and how to > ensure that the data ends in a table (TopSpeed file). Import the AS400 filedefinitions into your dictionary using the ODBC filedriver. Then you can either access these files in your application as you would access topspeed files (kind of), or you can copy the contents to a topspeedfile (e/g using a Process type procedure) HTH -- Arie Rens (RADventure B.V.) Maarssen, the Netherlands http://www.radventure.nl SoftVelocity Distributor for the Benelux try winsql lite. it free. it allow you to browse tru any database via odbc. from winsql then you can decide which table to import. "Arie Rens (RADventure B.V.)" <reader8@radventure.nl> wrote in message news:VA.00000107.43058c20@radventure.nl... &...

Printing to as400 using cups
Hi all, Has anyone been able to print to an as/400 from linux using cups? If so, what format did you use for the name, location, and device uri? I'm using: name: nameofprinter location: //nameofas400 device: 'windows printer via SAMBA' device uri: smb://Workgroup/nameofas400/nameofprinteronas400 Problem is, this doesn't work and I think my "device uri" is wrong, but don't know what to change it to. Using the old linux box, I added this to my printcap and it worked (still does actually): nameofprinter:\ :sd=/var/spool/lpd/nameofprinter:\ :rm=amoroso3:\ :rp=QUSRSYS/nameofprinter:\ :lp=/dev/null:\ :sh: -- Julien Mills Amoroso's Baking Company Tel: (215) 471-4740 IS Dept email: julien@amorosobaking.com www.amorosobaking.com I'm not sure why you'd do this - almost everyone use tcp/ip attached printers with as400 now, so why wouldn't you just go directly to the printer itself? julien mills wrote: > Hi all, > > Has anyone been able to print to an as/400 from linux using > cups? > If so, what format did you use for the name, location, > and device uri? > > I'm using: > > name: nameofprinter > location: //nameofas400 > device: 'windows printer via SAMBA' > device uri: smb://Workgroup/nameofas400/nameofprinteronas400 &g...

PDF Document printing from the AS400
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. Take a look at CVTSPLSTMF http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/CoolNew.htm "Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> schreef in bericht news:IGbSc.40853$V96.32907@cyclops.nntpserver.com... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print > on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. > > Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document > printing/serving from the AS400? > > These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in > various colors of ink and on various types of paper. I...

Web resources about - AS400 Printing queries - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Make your own 'Ghostbusters' trap via 3D printing
When ghosts go bump in the night, will you have the right equipment to bust them? Make this replica ghost trap from the original "Ghostbusters" ...

Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030
Europe To Use 3D Printing To Build Permanent Moon Base By 2030

Tokyo students develop architectural 3D-printing pen
A group of University of Tokyo students overseen by architect Kengo Kuma have developed a 3D-printing pen that can be used to create complex ...

Barclays' 'MakerSpaces' offer 3D printing to local businesses
The worlds of banking and technology intersect at many points, but you'd hardly consider 3D printing a shared interest. In Barclays' "MakerSpaces," ...

3D Printing Your Own Braces Works, Is a Terrible Idea
At the age of nine, I became the first kid in my elementary school class to get braces. They did their job, but by the time I left college, I’d ...

Join Us at the Greatest 3D Printing Festival on Planet Earth
Winter is hanging on like clinical depression, which means it’s that time again for the greatest 3D-printing festival on the planet Earth. It’s ...

3-D Printing: Gigi The Macaw Gets First-Ever Titanium Prosthetic Beak (PHOTOS)
Gigi the macaw is the first-ever recipient of the world's first 3-D-printed titanium beak.

Archinaut, A 3D Printing Robot To Make Big Structures In Space
Historically, the only way to get anything into orbit has been by rocket; a process that is massively expensive, cumbersome, and presents a slew ...