AS400 printing to PC-connected printer

I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer
session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the
driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware.

I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and
that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper
size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer
setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems
to ignore paper size setting.

This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line
after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job
finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm
using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows
printer setup.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
0
miket11 (2)

All my experience of this leads me to believe that windows knows better &
that you need to tinker with windows - possibly until you are blue in the
face

Jonathan

"Mike" <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer
> session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the
> driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware.
>
> I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and
> that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper
> size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer
> setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems
> to ignore paper size setting.
>
> This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line
> after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job
> finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm
> using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows
> printer setup.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks.

0
jb
7/15/2003 10:15:15 AM
My experience is that with a page printer you have much more control than
you have with a dot-matrix or inkjet printer.  If you are still on twinax,
dot-matrix printers connect well via a dumb screen but there ther is a
problem because the initialisation sets the character set to print an italic
f where I would like to print a � sign.

Peter Kinsman

"Mike" <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer
> session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the
> driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware.
>
> I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and
> that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper
> size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer
> setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems
> to ignore paper size setting.
>
> This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line
> after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job
> finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm
> using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows
> printer setup.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks.

Unfortunately we're no longer on Twinax and we're not using dumb
terminals anymore. I was able to get an Okidata connected to the same
PC working, but that's no longer functional, which is why I have the
Epson now.

It seems like I'm so close to the solution, I just can't figure out
the line spacing. I seem to only have two font options, regular and
condensed. It appears to be courier. Regular is giving me the line
spacing issues. Condensed is too small and not lining up horizontally.

I have figured out since my first post that the page length is
correct, it's just adding a form-feed at the end. But the line spacing
is still 1.5 times what it should be.

"Peter Kinsman" <peter.kinsman@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Y5RQa.8225$mS2.2836@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> My experience is that with a page printer you have much more control than
> you have with a dot-matrix or inkjet printer.  If you are still on twinax,
> dot-matrix printers connect well via a dumb screen but there ther is a
> problem because the initialisation sets the character set to print an italic
> f where I would like to print a � sign.

0
miket11 (2)
7/15/2003 2:21:07 PM
Mike <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It seems like I'm so close to the solution, I just can't figure out
> the line spacing. I seem to only have two font options, regular and
> condensed. It appears to be courier. Regular is giving me the line
> spacing issues. Condensed is too small and not lining up horizontally.
>
> I have figured out since my first post that the page length is
> correct, it's just adding a form-feed at the end. But the line spacing
> is still 1.5 times what it should be.

Have you checked the settings on the printer itself for adding linefeeds
to carriage returns?  In the old days, that would have been DIP
switches, but on a recent printer it's likely to be set by front-panel
buttons.

wblock (186)
7/16/2003 12:38:07 AM
what version of client access are you using? i upgraded all my desktops to
5.1 and got the printer problems from hell......

i am in a similar situation now however, got a LX-310(i think) with
continuous feed pre-printed paper.....ive checked out the ibm printer
customization table database and its listed as not compatible....or just not
in the database, either way its not much use. we are using it, but it creeps
like you talk about. i spent an entire afternoon fiddling with the windows,
printer and software settings in an attempt to get the damn thing to
stoppit.....but it wouldnt.

i think without a customization table theres buckleys chance of it working
correctly...hence the company having to buy expensive dot matrix printers
that are supported by ibm printer customization tables....

"Mike" <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer
> session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the
> driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware.
>
> I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and
> that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper
> size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer
> setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems
> to ignore paper size setting.
>
> This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line
> after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job
> finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm
> using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows
> printer setup.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks.

0
sw701 (1)
7/16/2003 9:55:18 AM
I had a simular problem with an Epson printer a while back.  I found the
port on the printer was the problem.  I got a VXD that solved the problem.
If you would like I can e-mail the file I have.

"Mike" <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer
> session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the
> driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware.
>
> I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and
> that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper
> size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer
> setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems
> to ignore paper size setting.
>
> This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line
> after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job
> finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm
> using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows
> printer setup.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks.

0
wade800 (1)

AS400 to AS400 connection

PC Document Printing On AS400 Twinax Printers
I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. Thanks You can try: In Operations Navigator, Open the system, go into Basic Operations, Printers, right click on the printer and create a share for the printer. Now add a network printer as \\TheAS400IpAddress\TheShareName on the PC. Jim "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote in message news:1116338029.678272.180930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the > as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > > Thanks > I did it once to see if it would work. I was able to print a Windows test page, but I didn't try anything else. Use Operations Navigator to share the printer, then add the printer driver on the desired PC. On 17 May 2005 06:53:49 -0700, "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote: >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the >as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > >Thanks ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400
Hi, I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage so far. Does anybody recognize this problem and is there a solution? Thanx Hi Willem Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations How do you want to connect it to your as400? (LAN/IP, par on Workstation, par on PC, Twinax ) Daniel On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de Weerdt) wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem >and is there a solution? > >Thanx Hi Daniel, I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port. Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer, without success. Well I think I tried everything possible. thanx Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>... > Hi Willem > > Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. > > Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 > Emulation for matrix printe...

HP2600N Colour Printer
Hi all, I have set up fifty or sixty HP lasers on the AS400 and they all print quite happily. The models were HP2200/2300/4050/4100/4200/4300. I am now trying to set up my first colour laser, HP2600N, and it appears to print and disappears from the spool file on the AS400. At the laser the network light flashes, but I get no output. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone print successfully to the HP2600? This is the configuration that I am using is: - Device description . . . . . . . > HP2600TN Port number . . . . . . . . . . 9100 Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . *Y...

AS400 printer - HPLJ2600N
Hi, A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it was the customising object, and it worked fine. I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR in library QSYS but it didn't help. Please help! Thanks, Hazel wrighth@frenchconnection.com wrote: > Hi, > > A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP > Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in > the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address > is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. > > They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another > outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it > was the customising object, and it worked fine. > > I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR > in library QSYS but it didn't help. > > Please help! > > Thanks, > > Hazel Even though this color laser printer is advertised as "network-ready", it is really a host-based printer that does not su...

Printing from an AS400 to a Windows or Unix printer
Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer connections? If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some of the options? Thanks. Hi, Check out Brooks Internet Software, www.brooksnet.com for some very good yet reasonable LPR/LPD products supporting AS/400. Larry T. The Praetorian <mlutgen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a > windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer > connections? Yes. Remote output queues send out print jobs as lpr/lpd jobs. You need to have the AS/400 configured to send to the right lpd queue, and the remote system must accept lpd jobs from the AS/400. I gather that CRTDEVPRT is better than remote output queues, but haven't had a version of OS/400 that provided it to try. If the remote system is Windows XP Pro, you can load the "Print Services For Unix" package to give it a (weak) lpd server. This is likely to have a high suckage factor. I've used FreeBSD with very good results. > If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some > of the options? Thanks. I've posted a few AS/400 remote output queue definitions here over the last few years. Do a groups.google.com search on my email address and "AS400". -- Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA ...

FTP Error when connecting to AS400 from PC
I am in the process of configuring a Model 170. I have a direct serial connection between the PC and the 400. In addition, I have networked the PC and 400 on an ethernet line. I am able to use the Client Access file transfer utility to send and receive files from the 400. But when I attempt to ftp files from the PC, I receive the following messages. FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my FTP Address) connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx connection closed by remote host Do you have any ideas on what this could be? Thanks Derek halsteadconsults@hotmail.com (Derek Halstead) wrote in message news:<853e8bf2.0310011006.57d64d08@posting.google.com>... > I am in the process of configuring a Model 170. > I have a direct serial connection between the PC and the 400. In > addition, I have networked the PC and 400 on an ethernet line. > > I am able to use the Client Access file transfer utility to send and > receive files from the 400. But when I attempt to ftp files from the > PC, I receive the following messages. > > FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my FTP Address) > connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > connection closed by remote host > > Do you have any ideas on what this could be? > > Thanks > > Derek Can you FTP files from the 400 to your PC?? Is FTP setup on your PC?? I suggest you have to check the FTP server whether has started in your AS/400 already. Or, type the command STRTCPSVR *FTP anyway to start the server whatever the server...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to find a utility to reformat them. HTH, Charles In article <3fr4h0hqcq8dpeibqkmac7cv9ilm85oupt@4ax.com>, reply@here.org says... > i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 > server. > > i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a > generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . > > they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive > ( ie. formatting) > > are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? > > is it the drive microcode ? > > am i out of luck on these drives ? > > drive cage = type 6713 > ibm FRU = 59H6611 > drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) > thank you , i`ll look into that - drives seem to stop responding after adaptec bios format utility is attempted - led activity indicator goes off - no writing noise ibm/hitachi ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does that end up? Change a spoolfile to Drawer 2, 3 or even 4 to see if it ends up in the other trays. If you find Spoolfile Drawer Values which fits your needs then all you have to do is change the printerfiles with formtype A4 to a specific Drawer and all the other printerfiles to another Drawer. Or you mean you want this function only on this HP 4200? Then we have to think some more... -- Bengt "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:Dd3xc.55036$Np3.2437225@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hello, > > I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. > How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 > automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with > formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? > > Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into th...

AS400 connection AGAIN....

IBM AS400

AS400 connection again...
Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. Is there a way? Thanks. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:38:21 GMT, "Matthew Wells" <MWells@FirstByte.net> wrote: I like this site for connection strings: http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81 (formerly able-consulting.com) -Tom. >Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 >table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: > >currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString >currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink > >I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING >ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. > > >Is there a way? > >Thanks. > >Matthew Wells >MWells@FirstByte.net > > > ...

A Basic question on Connecting non-IBM FC Disk Subsystem to AS400
Hi, I'm exploring connecting a non-IBM AS400 disk subsystem to AS400, for example connecting an IBM FAStT Storage Subsystem to the AS400. Can this be done? If so what do I need to get this working? Is the config certified by IBM? Thank you. ...

How to connect WHow to connect WINCE to AS400 DB2 ?
I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection to an local Access Database or the local file system. I tried ViaDB from Odessey Software (a trial version for one connection) but no succsess. I have looked for several solutions in C++, VB and Java but nothing seems capable to get an easy connection to a database connected wireless. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks. -- "Warum haben wir eigentlich nie Zeit, eine Sache richtig zu machen, aber immer Zeit, sie noch mal zu machen?" 'Systemdenken und Softwarequalit�t', Gerald Weinberg I tried to do this 2 years ago --- the only information I was able to ascertain was that you could write your own data provider or have one written for you. There were also several kludges we were entertaining in order to do this -- one involved Citrix server I believe. Ultimately, the project was killed. It seems like the same issues still exist today. If you find a data provider that works with CE I'd be interested in learning about it. Good Luck Jim K "Frank Barfs" <wegmachen.barfs@vsb-soft.de> wrote in message news:f7qjsc.hic.ln@ID-226326.user.uni-berlin.de... > I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 > Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). > ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection t...

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

Connecting printer on eCS1.1 PC to WinXP SP1 PC
I have a printer on an eCS 1.1 PC and am trying to get my XP SP1 PC to connect to it. The two machines are connected using a crossover RJ-45 cable. On the eCS system I have IBM OS/2 NETBIOS and IBM TCP/IP. On the XP machine I have NetBEUI and TCP/IP with NETBIOS over TCP/IP disabled. The Workgroup name is IBMPEERS. The eCS machine is SYSTEM01 and the XP machine is SYSTEM03. XP shows the machines are connected and I can see and use the files that I have as a share on the eCS machine. On the eCS machine I have full access to the shared files on the XP machine. The printer I want to share is on the eCS machine and I set it up on the eCS machine as a share. When I try to install the printer on the XP machine, it can't find the printer when I browse for it. It does show up when I click on "View Workgroup Computers" (It takes over 30 seconds for the workgroup computers to show up which seems like an overly long time) and then click on the eCS machine Icon. When I force the XP printer installer to "see" the printer by entering the location (\\system01\laserjet) it goes through the install but the "test printer" fails. What the heck am I missing? BTW, I have a Win98 partition on the eCS machine and before I disabled the NetBIOS over TCP/IP on the XP machine I easily installed the printer. I haven't messed with this (Win98) since I began to try to get eCS 1.1 working. Jim More info: I was able to obtain the use of the printer on the eCS syst...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

print pdf from as400
Hi I know this topic came up before but no clear answer has been provided yet. I am looking for something that can print out my pdf files created from a j2ee application directly on the as/400 printers. isn't it possible to use something like lpr <<name of pdf file>> ? thomas Hi Thomas, Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should find exactly what you need at thier site. Thanks, Larry T. Hi Larry I have checked the website but it requires the intervention of a windows pc. Do you have any alternatives? T "Larry T." <larry-nospamx@jbmsystems.com> wrote in message news:Fo3qc.49016$L8.35483@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > Hi Thomas, > > Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). > Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms > design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should > find exactly what you need at thier site. > > Thanks, > > Larry T. HI, Sorry, all these solutions run on a windows pc or server. Most of our clients either have a windows pc or server or can get one pretty inexpensively. They usually like to run this type of utility and application on a machine that doesn't use their AS/400 resources (leave that for the ...

Fiscal printers with AS400
Hi. Has anybody ever been working with AS400 and fiscal printers. I was wondering how to transmit any data to this printers. Regards, Tomasz Hi Tomasz, If you can tell me a model number of fiscal printer, I might be able to help you. Best Regards, /Paul -- Paul Tykodi Principal Consultant TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC E-mail: ptykodi@tykodi.com ...

Web resources about - AS400 printing to PC-connected printer - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Holiday travel: How to keep your PC connected on the road
... options. For most travelers, simply tethering your PC to your smartphone is the most economical and straightforward option for staying connected ...

Can I send a fax from a broadband-connected PC?
USB fax modems are still available, and they are not that expensive, says Rick Maybury

Android’s smart connected devices will help topple PC era by 2016
Android is on the rise, doing its part to topple the Windows PC market, which is expected to see a sharp decline in 2016 according to the latest ...

More connected machines means more non-PC IT, more contextual signage
Ericsson is the single largest wireless communications equipment company today, and nearly every hardware manufacturer from consumer devices ...

'Post-PC Era' Predicted By Steve Jobs Taking Hold as Samsung Tops Apple in Connected Device Market
... the Smart Connected Device Market . (Legend omits smartphones shown in yellow) The chart shows the market share decline of both desktop PCs ...

Apple Killed the PC: Smartphones are now the King of Smart Connected Devices Hands Down
A new IDC report finds that the combined total market of smartphones, tablets plus 2-in-1s, and PCs is set to grow from 1.8 billion units in ...

Stay Connected Monday, Check Your PC for DNSChanger Now
... that point, the FBI was left with a quandary: The virus redirected PCs to DNS Internet servers operated by the ring, and if they were disconnected ...

Qualcomm Kayak 3G-connected low-cost PC reference design
Qualcomm have announced the Kayak PC alternative, a low-cost entry level computing device that the company describes as positioned "between desktop ...

Canonical announces first Ubuntu tablet, the BQ Aquaris M10, features Convergence, letting it act like ...
Chris Velazco / Engadget : Canonical announces first Ubuntu tablet, the BQ Aquaris M10, features Convergence, letting it act like PC when connected ...

PC Keyboard Connected to PSP 165
An anonymous reader writes "A hardware engineer has managed to successfully connect a full-sized PC keyboard to the Sony PSP handheld. It looks ...