AS400 prints blank page on HP 4000N after each report

I've noticed many people have already submitted this type of problem
but I haven't seen a resolution yet.

The MIS department tell me that they have solved the extra page
printing on Lexmark laser printers, but not HP laser printers. They
have suggested that I purchase a new printer, which I can't....not in
the budget.

I'm printing on pre-printed forms, and we're wasting half of them
because a blank page comes out after each job (they are 1-page reports
and the extra sheet that comes out cannot be re-used because they are
too dry and jam-up the printer).

Is there a command for the printer configuration on the AS400 that
will eliminate printing a blank page after each report?

Thanks,
Attila
0
attila475 (1)

you should give us a little mor detail...
is the same page printed on HP and Lexmark...
how is the PRTF set.. especially  OVRFLW parameter
then it may be that the lower no print border is different on HP and lexmark
I once had this problem just tested a 1 Page printout, but when a second
page
should follow the lowest line of first page was printed on half on page 1
and
half on page 2 which was otherwise blank   and the normal page 2 then
followed
on a 3rd page.
may be its that.. I overcame this with a customisation object.
go to http://www-912.ibm.com/     and search for  8691633
which is the document number how to do this

greetings

Fred

"Attila Turay" <attila@rogers.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I've noticed many people have already submitted this type of problem
> but I haven't seen a resolution yet.
>
> The MIS department tell me that they have solved the extra page
> printing on Lexmark laser printers, but not HP laser printers. They
> have suggested that I purchase a new printer, which I can't....not in
> the budget.
>
> I'm printing on pre-printed forms, and we're wasting half of them
> because a blank page comes out after each job (they are 1-page reports
> and the extra sheet that comes out cannot be re-used because they are
> too dry and jam-up the printer).
>
> Is there a command for the printer configuration on the AS400 that
> will eliminate printing a blank page after each report?
>
> Thanks,
> Attila

0
f.langner (102)
1/29/2004 1:10:57 PM
I am a helpdesk tech for a company in Ohio that uses as/400 and 4100n.

When setting the printer outq up somewhere in the settings is a
seperator sheet page option.  The defualt is on... I'll try and paste
the setting of our printers in here:  I'll put astriks by the setting

Queue:   TESTHP         Library:   QGPL

Manufacturer type and model  . . . . . :   *HP400
Workstation customizing object . . . . :   *NONE
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :
Image configuration  . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
Destination options  . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE

*********Print separator page . . . . . . . . . :   *NO
*************
User defined option  . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
User defined object:
  Object . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
    Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . . :
  Object type  . . . . . . . . . . . . :
User driver program  . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :

This should fix your problem.... perhaps you have help me with a
problem I am having with our printers.  When you send a multiple copy
as/400 printjob to the printer it will only print one copy.  Any ideas
??

Send me an email to rem2088@yahoo.com if you have any ideas.

-Thanks.
0
rem2088 (4)
1/29/2004 6:32:17 PM
I had the same problem that was solved with a workstation customization
object (wcst) by someone a few years ago..
When I checked the job out I found that what was really happening was
that overflow was set wrong on the ovrprtf command (or in the rpg
program, can't remember which). Correcting the overflow fixed everything.

Attila Turay wrote:

> I've noticed many people have already submitted this type of problem
> but I haven't seen a resolution yet.
>
> The MIS department tell me that they have solved the extra page
> printing on Lexmark laser printers, but not HP laser printers. They
> have suggested that I purchase a new printer, which I can't....not in
> the budget.
>
> I'm printing on pre-printed forms, and we're wasting half of them
> because a blank page comes out after each job (they are 1-page reports
> and the extra sheet that comes out cannot be re-used because they are
> too dry and jam-up the printer).
>
> Is there a command for the printer configuration on the AS400 that
> will eliminate printing a blank page after each report?
>
> Thanks,
> Attila
0
Drew

Hello all, I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is still not being printed. This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas witho...

HP Deskjet 450
Printer was working OK, and it will still print Demo Page, alingment pages OK. But will not print test page via windows or any other applications, it simply pulls the paper through and then kicks it out. Tried downloading latest drivers with same results? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, If the printer is connnected to a parallel port, check the cable connection at both ends. If the printer is attached to a network via an external JetDirect, check both the parallel cable and the Cat 5 network cable. When a printer is not properly connected, the data being printed tends to disapp...

Blank Pages in Printing Reports (Page Height Mismatch?)
I am having a minor but annoying problem with some reports in Access 2003. (I had the same problem with Access 97, so it isn't version-dependent.) Some of the reports that I originally developed with the Report Wizard but have since edited now print so that there is a blank page after each actual page. I assume that this is because the page size is slightly larger than the Page Setup for the LaserJet. I assume that I need to adjust some parameter to change the height of the report page. However, I can't find a control that is the page height. What do I adjust to do this? - ...

Report footer on separate page; optionally hide it, reduce total page count by 1, and don't print last (blank) page
Different users of the app will want or not want to see report footer ( appears as a separate page). I can make the section invisible with a DLookup of a Y or N value from a 'parameters' table Private Sub ReportFooter_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) Reports!rptValuationDetail.Section(acFooter).Visible = _ DLookup("[z_text]", "sysparms", "[z_pname] = " & Chr(34) & "printReportGrandTot" & Chr(34)) = "Y" End Sub The next thing to do is reduce the total page count by 1 and not create the last pag...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi All I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure such a connection. There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the data as soon as it is received. All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have been using SAVF and FTP but this is a differnet issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered Iain Iain racontait dans comp.databases....

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

question about printing reports from the as400
I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. Here is the problem: We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC and has a client access session associated with it. THe printer is shared off of one of the user's PCs, she is runing Client Access Express The other two users have windows 98 PCs running client access 95. The report is supposed to print out in landscape mode. it is 142 characters long. My understanding is anything over 96 defaults to landscape? Anyways, just recentl...

Report Prints Blank Page
I have a report with no subreports in it that always prints a blank page after the real page. This report is a copy of a report that does not print a blank page. The only difference is that the Report Header and a text box in the Report Header have "Can Grow" set to "Yes" in the report that prints the blank page. If I turn off "Can Grow" in the Report Header I do not get the blank page. I have tried shrinking the width of the report down to 6" to rule out a stray long line but I still get the blank page. Thanks in advance, Bill Short Newtown, PA. Bill ...

Report prints 2nd page which is blank.
I have a report based on a single table. Lots of fields (56), but it seems to fit very nicely on the paper. It looks professional etc..When I print the report, all the data, lines etc print on a single page but a second blank page comes through the printer. When I view the report within paradox, there is only one page. I have made sure none of the fields falls outside the margins. What are the possible things I should look for when the report does this. I am sure I am missing something simple. I am killing quite a few trees trying stuff and test printing. Thanksfully, it is only...

HP printer prints blank pages
HP Deskjet 820cxi will print a test page fine.. But will not print from anything else. Blank pages only. If you make the first line of a document any color besides black, it will print fine, and will print the rest of the document in black! Chaged drivers... still the same.. tried generic HP deskjet driver, still the same. Happens with notepad as well. Any ideas? <nospam@meatonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:1135865254.811002.196130@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > HP Deskjet 820cxi will print a test page fine.. But will not print > from > anything else. Blank p...

Hp Officejet 4215 Printing All Blank Pages
I've owned an Officejet 4215 printer for close to 2 years now (bought it when it first came on the market whenever that was) and overall I have been pleased with its performance. Until now. I noticed that the printer started printing pages that were light in ink and not correct in the color - as if one of the tri-color modules was empty. Very soon after I noticed pages to be printed in black didn't print at all. Now all pages including the test page itself just prints totally blank pages - no ink is coming out at all from either cartridge. I have opened up the printer and took...

HP LaserJet 3150 prints blank pages
Hi! I wonder if someone has an idea of what could be wrong with a HP LaserJet 3150 which has worked flawlessly for years, without changing any settings in the printer or the computer suddenly one day print only blank pages (totally blank no matter what I print)? If I use the copy function I get a copy, therefore I come to the conclusion that the printers basic functions is working properly. I do not even receive a error message. Strange! Ideas are most welcome! :-) TIA! BL <bl_bl@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I wonder if someone has an idea of what could be...

UniFace Report Issue
Hi, We are using UniFace form for printing report. We have some entities pasted on the form. On Leave Printed Occurence trigger of the first entity, we have some code to fill and print certain break frames. We have around 8 - 10 entities pasted after the 1st entity and have seceral break frames. The text is printed properly but at the end we get a blank page. I did line by line debug and found that after printing the last part of report there are lines available (using $lines). But still we get a blank page everytime. I think that this is being caused because of the entiti...

HP Color LaserJet 1600: Prints Blank Pages
WinXP Home SP2 I just bought the HP Color LaserJet 1600 color laser printer. It came with all 4 cartridges already installed, and I have removed all the tape. I believe I went through the installation correctly, and Windows recognized and confirmed a successful install. However, the test page and any other pages I try to print come up completely blank! I'm hopeful this is something simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer to no avail. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks! "Dell Christopher" <dellc99...

HP Business Inkjet 1200 prints blank page
I have an HP Business Inkjet 1200d. Whenever multiple pages are printed, the last page to come out is always blank. Whether you print multiples of a one page document or an entire multipaged document, the last page is always blank. For example, when you print a five page document, pages one through four will print, but page five will come out blank. If you go into preferences and reverse the order they print, then pages five through two print, but page one comes out blank. It's always the last page that comes out blank. I have updated the firmware and installed the latest driv...

HP Deskjet 960c printing almost blank pages
Was working fine except it needed the black cartridge changing. We've done this and the test sheet works fine. However when we ask it to print from word/excel it makes a tiny print out (~3mm) of a small symbol (irregular, nothing I recognise) and then the rest of the paper is blank. The test sheet works so I know it is not a mechanical problem. We haven't meddled with the software settings. What could be causing this? Thanks PS all ink cartridges are full. We haven't scaled the printouts either ...

Dont show blank pages in print preview in report
I created a dynamic report and the fields is displayed base on the query. The report contains about 34 fields so if the query has 34 fields, all 34 fields in the report shows up. But if the query has 10 (which most of them have) fields, the report only shows 10 fields and hides the rest. What happen is that when I go to print preview, its shows the pages that have the fields and the blank page. The blank page infact are the hidden fields. My problem is that, how do I tell the print preview to display only the pages that have the fields and don't show the pages that contain the hidden fie...

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does th...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if p...

printing a report without blank pages after a record in Access 2007
The report is printing some 7 fields from a Table which has 14 fields. The report gets its data(to be displayed) from a single table only. In the layout view in Access 2007, it looks fine as I want it. But, in the Print Preview, I notice there are 2 blank pages after one record. Also, the first three pages of the report are blank. I deleted the last record from the table. Could that be causing that? I have closed and restarted Access 2007, but still the first three pages are blank in Print Preview. 1. What could be the cause for first three blank pages? How can I fix it? ...

IBM AS400

Print to AS400
I inherited a system which sends a print job to AS400 print queue. I recently migrated the server from Solaris 8 to Solaris 9. I checked the configuration and everything looks OK, but it still isn't sending the file to the AS400 server. /etc/printers.conf usbax7.frmunix|frmunix:\ :bsdaddr=usbax7,frmunix,Solaris: pbaxsnd05# lpstat -p usbax7.frmunix printer usbax7.frmunix unknown state. enabled since Jul 05 09:33 2006. available. pbaxsnd05# lpstat -o usbax7.frmunix I tried to send the same print job, the print job just hung. pbaxsnd05# lpr -P usbax7.frmunix -1 /pd05m00/logs...

HP LJ 8100 prints blank page after every job
Has anybody seen this problem before? Any idea why it happens? - a Adam Megacz wrote: > Has anybody seen this problem before? Any idea why it happens? > It can be configured to do so. Check the driver and other configuration for the settings for separator pages, banner pages and such. CBee On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:45:57 -0700, Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com> wrote: > >Has anybody seen this problem before? Any idea why it happens? > > - a > Please detail what/how you are printing from? How is it connected? what software are you printing from? What spo...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues
Hi All, We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able to passthrough and send files between both no problems. Last week one of our AS400's was moved to another location, with an IP change. We have updated the IP addresses on the other AS400 and can passthrough fine....however we can no longer send files from the new location. When I look at the distribution queue I see the following status: RTY-FAIL Any idea's as to what may be causing this? Thanks, Mike mot98@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > > We have two AS400's at different locations, and were able...

Web resources about - AS400 prints blank page on HP 4000N after each report - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Print - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old master print , a product of printmaking, such as an engraving , etching or woodcut , in the European tradition, instead of others (e.g., ...

Print Wikipedia
From Aaaaa! to ZZZap! an exhibition by Michael Mandiberg at Denny Gallery, 261 Broome St. featuring work from the Print Wikipedia series June ...

Old master print - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An old master print is a work of art produced by a printing process within the Western tradition (European or New World). A date of about 1830 ...

Facebook Users Lean Toward Broadcast Media Over Print
Facebook Users Lean Toward Broadcast Media Over Print

READ, WEEP, PRINT... - Facebook
The Blacksphere hat geschrieben: READ, WEEP, PRINT AND KEEP! This... Tritt Facebook bei, um dich mit The Blacksphere und anderen Nutzern, die ...

Print Facebook Photos at Target Through Kodak Picture Kiosks — But at What Resolution?
Users looking to make physical copies of their Facebook photos can now print them at Kodak Picture Kiosks at Target retail stores. The kiosks ...

Mediaite.com - News & Opinion - Media: TV, Print, Online, Jobs, Ranking
Mediaite is a news and opinion blog and aggregator for the media industry. Coverage includes newspapers, magazines, online, and television. The ...

Broken bone? Soon you will be able to 3D print a new one
US scientists have created a prototype 3D bioprinter capable of creating human-scale, structurally stable tissues in any shape.

Radio station for print-handicapped to lose out under NDIS: president
Canberra's only reading for print handicapped station will lose a quarter of its funding in July due to disability funding changes.

U.K.’s The Independent Ending Print Edition
The Independent prefers a rosier headline. But any way you slice it, it’s another huge nail in the print coffin. From today’s announcement that ...