AS400 QNTC and Windows 2003 R2 (SMB Signing)

I am having a problem using WRKLNK accessing directories on a 2003 R2 domain
controller.  I can access my other 2003 servers that are not domain
controllers that have SMB signing turned off, but when I attempt to turn it
off on the DC I lose network connectivity on that server.  Any ideas ?   IBM
is examining my trace files at the writing of this message.

0
nospam268 (644)

AS400 to AS400 connection

as400 print que on windows 2003
I have quoted this text from another message. It is exactly the same problem I am having. We have an AS/400 that is currently printing to a Windows 2000 box using a remote outq. It basically sends an LPR request to a printer share on the windows 2000 box. This works fine. I am trying to set up a second print server, this time using Windows 2003. I change what IP address the AS/400 is sending the print to and have the printers and shares the same but the Windows 2003 box rejects the request. A look at the event log gives this information for each attempt to print: The description for Event ID ( 4008 ) in Source ( LPDSVC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=3D flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: \\192.168.210.146\test, 192.168.3.1 Any help would be greatly appreciated.=20 Reply =BB Shaun Sounds like the Like the LPD service on you windows server is not loaded, stopped or busted. Checked the TCP Print Services service is loaded, running & that the print queue specified on the OUTQ exists on the Windows 2003 server (preferably with no spaces or special characters in the name as this can cause problems) Good luck shaun.guanco@gmail.com wrote: > I have quoted this text from another message. It is exactly the same > probl...

Printing AS400 to Windows Server 2003
I have presently a number of printers on my AS400 printing to shared printers on a Windows 2000 Server. This setup has been working fine for many years. I am installing a new print server and using Server 2003 on the new server. I cannot successfully get the files to spool form the 400 to Server 2003. I have the same shared names on my 2000 server as my 2003 server (all simple short names, no weird characters) and if I simply change the IP address back to the 2000 server, they print fine. The setup of the printers on the two servers is identical. The windows firewall is disabled so that is not an issue. TCP and the Print Spooler service are on the 2003 server and running/ configured. I am getting no errors on either the AS400 logs or the Windows Server logs. I contacted IBM and they confirmed that the AS400 setup was correct and they did a trace from the AS400 and they said the request to print is being rejected by the Windows Server and offered no help beyond that. Has anyone had any similar problems with 2003 server? If so, how did you solve? Thanks in advance for you help. il 05/10/2007 18.15, Scrive BobLindemannInCa@gmail.com 40391552: > I have presently a number of printers on my AS400 printing to shared > printers on a Windows 2000 Server. This setup has been working fine > for many years. I am installing a new print server and using Server > 2003 on the new server. I cannot successfully get the files to spool > form the 400 to Server 2003. ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

FTP Problem from AS400 to Windows server 2003 IIS 6.0
Hello, we use to transfert files from AS400 to Windows server 2003 and it works fine with files size <= 1 meg. But sometimes we have to transfert files size between 10 to 20 megs. It works very well, it means it transfered the data but we never receive the confirmation from the remote host ( server window 2003 )here is the log : "Enter an FTP subcommand. put mebug mebugp (file size 1 meg) 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,129,113,249,19,142). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. 226 Transfer complete. 920808 bytes transferred in 4.904 seconds. Transfer rate 187.755 KB Enter an FTP subcommand. put mesoup mesoup(file size is 16meg) 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,129,113,249,19,143). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. No response from remote host; all connections closed." What we must do!!!! please Look at your CHGFTPA settings. Also, are these bat files your running or some kind of script, does it have delays in it maybe. ...

AS400 in windows domain integration with another windows domain
Currently we acquired a company that has AS400 with Kerberos auth/ iSeries navigator in a Windows domain. We built a one way trust to their domain that allows us to access their resources. One of those resources is the AS400 but we are having trouble integrating the iSeries navigator work with another domain. Any suggestions? Advise? Thank you in advance! On Aug 18, 5:36=A0pm, tc <tchang73...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Currently we acquired a company that has AS400 with Kerberos auth/ > iSeries navigator in a Windows domain. We built a one way trust to > their domain that allows us to access their resources. One of those > resources is the AS400 but we are having trouble integrating the > iSeries navigator work with another domain. Any suggestions? Advise? > Thank you in advance! Maybe a port issue, is there a way to bypass the kerberos at all to verify?? ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

mapping of AS400 in Microsoft windows
Anyone help with the client access requirements to view AS400 using os400 V3r2 Your Best Bet will be to dig out and Win98 PC, use client access V3R2 (and service pack) this will automatically add your iSeries into the network neighbourhood when configure it. You can then map to this new computer. This is supported using IP, Twinax, SNA adaptors but IP is by far the best even with code this old. Good Luck terry.mayell@iod.com wrote: > Anyone help with the client access requirements to view AS400 using > os400 V3r2 ...

FTP between AS400 and windows server
Hello, I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my AS400 with an ftp command. Is it possible and if yes which command should I enter on my AS400. Best regards, If you have CA/400 loaded on the server I think you can use RUNRMTCMD to run a job on the Windows server. If you're open to a commercial solution, take a look at our iSeries Office Integrator software. You can run PC jobs, execute MS Word mail merges, launch web sites and more. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 and iSeries Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com "zebute" <esaulodes@m6net.fr> wrote in message news:ba6d8cb9.0401210205.3b570995@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my > AS400 with an ftp command. > Is it possible and if yes which command should I enter on my AS400. > > Best regards, Hllo ! DO "toto.txt" with open namesys or ip adress user xxxx >>> syntax of user and pass no sure see ftp documentation pass xxxx .......put ...get.... After you call in dos command : FTP toto.txt Tomorrow i send one exemple "zebute" <esaulodes@m6net.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:ba6d8cb9.0401210205.3b570995@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my > AS400 wi...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

AS400 command from DOS/Windows
thanks ...

QNTC and Windows Server 2003
We added our first file server to our network last week. From our ISeries I can view the share documents on my desktop pc's hardrive using WRKLNK '/QNTC/my_pc_name. But when I WRKLNK '/QNTC/our_server' I don't see any files or subdirectories listed. I assume its and permission or authority problem but I'm not sure where to look. Any suggestion on what to check? Eb The same userid/password must exist on both (OS/400 and NT/Win2003) with enough authority. Then you can browse the QNTC server directory "Eb" <emcook@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:e6v4k1l44jteruuj0pqoq8ncfpngtjlt7k@4ax.com... > We added our first file server to our network last week. > > From our ISeries I can view the share documents on my desktop pc's > hardrive using WRKLNK '/QNTC/my_pc_name. > > But when I WRKLNK '/QNTC/our_server' I don't see any files or > subdirectories listed. > > I assume its and permission or authority problem but I'm not sure > where to look. > > Any suggestion on what to check? My personal userid/password is on both. Only difference might be uppercase vs lowercase. I'm in the administrator group on the server, and I should have all needed authority on the Iseries side. My joblog keeps recording. WRKLNK '/QNTC/CFCSERVER' Communication error on session to Network Server CFCSERVER. Error connecting to resource IPC$ ...

AS400 batch filetransfer to Windows filesystem
Hi I am going to make a CL with a filetransfer directly from the as400 to a windows file server. Does anyone now with wich commands I can do that? Thank you for your answers ralf > Ralf wrote: > I am going to make a CL with a filetransfer directly from the as400 to a > windows file server. Does anyone now with wich commands I can do that? With the QNTC file system and iSeries NetServer, you can use the CPYTOIMPF command to directly copy a file from the iSeries or AS/400 *directly* to a folder on a Windows system. For more information about NetServer, see: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/netserver/ Steve Landess Austin, Texas (512) 423-0935 <rlutz@kvz-schule.ch> wrote in message news:<3fe292cf$0$774$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>... > Hi > > I am going to make a CL with a filetransfer directly from the as400 to a > windows file server. Does anyone now with wich commands I can do that? > > Thank you for your answers > > ralf You can also use FTP ...

Connection to DB on AS400 from Windows client
Hi, I am new to AS 400. I have a Database on AS400. I have to write a program that runs in Windows XP Server, it has to access the database on AS400. I have to develop the program in VB or java. Is it possible? Plz suggest me some resources and links where in i can find relavent information. Thank you, Nanda Kishore. You won't have any trouble here. The iSeries Access product, which comes as part of OS/400, has ODBC, JDBC, OLEDB etc. See: http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/windows/ http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/dotnet/ http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/toolkit/ Take a look at the left hand pane on this page, lots of info and exmples too. -- Glenn "Nandu" <dunlop9@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124858561.507812.230270@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am new to AS 400. I have a Database on AS400. I have to write a > program that runs in Windows XP Server, it has to access the database > on AS400. I have to develop the program in VB or java. Is it possible? > Plz suggest me some resources and links where in i can find relavent > information. > > Thank you, > > Nanda Kishore. > You can use the OLEDB/ODBC driver included with iSeries Access (formerly known as Client Access) to access DB2 data from a windows client. "Nandu" <dunlop9@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124858561.507812.230270@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

smb client and Windows 2003 server
I got a strange problem: When I try to copy folders containing many files from Max OS X to a Windows Server 2003 using smb, I get an error -43 somewhen during the operation. However, if the files are copied one-by-one or not many at a time, it works fine. Has anyone some experience with this? Thanks a lot, Matthias Haldimann ...

FTP from AS400 System to Windows System
How to get a Physical file as it is for populating into a excel file, without using i series (plugins, navigators)? On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:05:55 AM UTC-5, Muthukumar Kailasam wrote: > How to get a Physical file as it is for populating into a excel file, without using i series (plugins, navigators)? you can use ODBC to query then populate an excel spreadsheet. Make sure iSeries ODBC was installed on the client and it should be pretty straight forward. To keep users from messing up queries (which they will), use stored procedures or Query manager to run the query to an o...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

SMB & Windows 2003 server
After running SMBfsys, adding an user, mount_smb fails with the error message "permission denied". The user is registered on the Windows 2003 server, the shared directory got the "total control" for the user. If anybody have an idea... Note that the client is a QNX4.25 machine Bye On 2004-09-15 11:10:03 -0400, Yann KERNIN <ykernin@cmseddyscan.com> said: > After running SMBfsys, adding an user, mount_smb fails with the error > message "permission denied". > The user is registered on the Windows 2003 server, the shared directory > got the "total control" for the user. > If anybody have an idea... > Note that the client is a QNX4.25 machine > Bye You might check the Windows Server 2003 security settings to ensure that its allows downlevel/compatible connections. One setting that typically throws things off with a Samba client (happens on Mac OS X, for example) is the "Always digitally sign" setting. This is done in the Local Security Policy console (or, if in an Active Directory domain, in Group Policy). Just a thought. HTH. -- Scott Lowe Mercurion Systems, Inc. ...

Printing from an AS400 to a Windows or Unix printer
Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer connections? If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some of the options? Thanks. Hi, Check out Brooks Internet Software, www.brooksnet.com for some very good yet reasonable LPR/LPD products supporting AS/400. Larry T. The Praetorian <mlutgen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a > windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer > connections? Yes. Remote output queues send out print jobs as lpr/lpd jobs. You need to have the AS/400 configured to send to the right lpd queue, and the remote system must accept lpd jobs from the AS/400. I gather that CRTDEVPRT is better than remote output queues, but haven't had a version of OS/400 that provided it to try. If the remote system is Windows XP Pro, you can load the "Print Services For Unix" package to give it a (weak) lpd server. This is likely to have a high suckage factor. I've used FreeBSD with very good results. > If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some > of the options? Thanks. I've posted a few AS/400 remote output queue definitions here over the last few years. Do a groups.google.com search on my email address and "AS400". -- Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA ...

Web resources about - AS400 QNTC and Windows 2003 R2 (SMB Signing) - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

The Windows Blog

Man leans out window and pulls teen off moped in Halls Head road rage incident
... on a moped were lucky to escape being killed in a road rage incident in Halls Head when one was grabbed by a person leaning out a car window. ...

Google kills Chrome app launcher for Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, and Linux
During the Windows 8 era, I was very worried about that operating system the UI and design choices were troubling. Luckily, as a longtime Linux ...

The only Windows 10 tablet you should even consider is now cheaper than ever
... means people who have purchased it over the past nine months have spent their money wisely. On the other hand, it means that Microsoft's Windows ...

Prepare to patch a critical flaw in Windows and Samba file sharing
Systems administrators should get ready to fix a critical vulnerability on April 12 that affects the Windows and Samba implementations of the ...

Android N has a “Freeform” Desktop-Style Floating App Window Mode
As it turns out, Google’s Multi-Window in Android N isn’t the only new multi-tasking functionality the Android team has added. If you read closely ...

Microsoft Rolling Out Windows 10 Mobile to Windows Phone 8.1 Devices
DAILY VIDEO: Microsoft begins Windows 10 rollout for Windows Phone 8.1; Google to boost mobile-friendly Web pages in search results; EMC notches ...

Microsoft Monday: Xbox One Price Drop, Windows 10 Upgrade Problems, Apology For Afterparty Dancers
... details about HERE Maps being discontinued, a Reddit thread going viral about the problems associated with the automatic upgrade of Windows ...