AS400 runs, and runs, and runs

A friend went to a conference last week.

One of the speakers said they went to a location as a consultant to
review their systems and suggest possible upgrades.

The consultants found the file servers but they couldn't find any
physical device that was actually performing the daily business task.
After a day of searching and tracing cables they had maintenance rip
the drywall from an interior wall. Behind the drywall was a closet
door, in the closet was an AS400.

None of the current employees knew the AS400 existed.
It had been buried inside a closet for at least 5 years, but it was
still processing the daily business transactions.

0
emcook (224)

I've heard this story before somewhere else, but it was not a AS/400, but a Window Server at a University School.

A rumor or true?  I don't know... But, AS/400 is a true blue friend when it comes in reliability.

Gil

Eb wrote:
> A friend went to a conference last week.
>
> One of the speakers said they went to a location as a consultant to
> review their systems and suggest possible upgrades.
>
> The consultants found the file servers but they couldn't find any
> physical device that was actually performing the daily business task.
> After a day of searching and tracing cables they had maintenance rip
> the drywall from an interior wall. Behind the drywall was a closet
> door, in the closet was an AS400.
>
> None of the current employees knew the AS400 existed.
> It had been buried inside a closet for at least 5 years, but it was
> still processing the daily business transactions.

0
gilbertn (216)
6/14/2005 2:23:47 PM
Eb said the following on 14.06.2005 14:46:
> A friend went to a conference last week.
>
> One of the speakers said they went to a location as a consultant to
> review their systems and suggest possible upgrades.
>
> The consultants found the file servers but they couldn't find any
> physical device that was actually performing the daily business task.
> After a day of searching and tracing cables they had maintenance rip
> the drywall from an interior wall. Behind the drywall was a closet
> door, in the closet was an AS400.
>
> None of the current employees knew the AS400 existed.
> It had been buried inside a closet for at least 5 years, but it was
> still processing the daily business transactions.

IBM had on their site video with that story (it was definitely not the
speakers story, it was IBM's). They had also one story with tornado...

It was here but I can't find it anymore:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/

--
Dejan Rodiger - PGP ID 0xAC8722DC
Delete wirus from e-mail address
Dejan Rodiger said the following on 14.06.2005 16:49:
> Eb said the following on 14.06.2005 14:46:
>
>>A friend went to a conference last week.
>>
>>One of the speakers said they went to a location as a consultant to
>>review their systems and suggest possible upgrades.
>>
> IBM had on their site video with that story (it was definitely not the
> speakers story, it was IBM's). They had also one story with tornado...
>
> It was here but I can't find it anymore:
> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/

Hehe, I found it:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/legends/

Check them all, they are great.

--
Dejan Rodiger wrote:
> Dejan Rodiger said the following on 14.06.2005 16:49:
>
>>Eb said the following on 14.06.2005 14:46:
>>

>>>A friend went to a conference last week.
>>>
>>>One of the speakers said they went to a location as a consultant to
>>>review their systems and suggest possible upgrades.
>>>

>>IBM had on their site video with that story (it was definitely not the
>>speakers story, it was IBM's). They had also one story with tornado...
>>
>>It was here but I can't find it anymore:
>>http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/
>>

> Hehe, I found it:
> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/legends/
>
> Check them all, they are great.

Cute; but the one referenced in the original post
(http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/legends/lost/index.html)
doesn't get nearly as dramatic as the poster's story,
and IBM's version doesn't even mention AS/400 or iSeries.

That's how urban legends go.
0
jonball (677)
6/14/2005 3:23:07 PM
Hi Gil -

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:23:47 -0400, Gilbert Noetzel
<gilbertn@biolok.com> wrote:

>I've heard this story before somewhere else, but it was not a AS/400, but a Window Server at a University School.

No Windoze server could run five years on its own.  Five minutes, yes.
Five days, maybe.  Five weeks, you're pushing it.  Five months,
extremely unlikely.  Five years, no way in hell.

--
Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/
> None of the current employees knew the AS400 existed.
> It had been buried inside a closet for at least 5 years, but it was
> still processing the daily business transactions.

So they do not enter tapes for backup? I don't think that such an old
box in a company obviously without IT staff is connected to a external
SAN server or so.

But on the other hand: Last year I found a 1999 model 170 (Twinax only)
which was untouched since I installed it. About 20 people typing in
bookings for holiday flats 6 days per week, also all accounting,
rooming, billing to tour oprators, paying to owners etc. done on it, so
the machine is rather busy.
Never restarted, no second administration, no IT staff at all. They
just changed the tape every day for 5 years.
They left the old F20 beside it running all the years because they
thought the black slim box is only a new tape storage for the F20.

Walter

0
user317 (98)

run of thread, why codes of run(), only run once ?????
Hi, All, For MIDLET, Runnable, there is a thread, but, why my run(), only run once only? not a loop? Best regards, Boki. Boki a �crit : > Hi, All, > For MIDLET, Runnable, there is a thread, but, why my run(), > only run once only? not a loop? > > > Best regards, > Boki. > > when you have a thread, this is normal that it runs only once . You have the init() run and end method that are call, you must include your while(true or test) in head of run() if you do not that, how does the thread know to end the method !? Best regards. Boki <bokiteam@ms21.hinet.net> wrote: > For MIDLET, Runnable, there is a thread, but, why my run(), > only run once only? not a loop? Because the algorithm in the thread may have an end. In fact, I know of no program that I cannot exit cleanly. So, each thread within the program must at one time end. -- Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/ Software Developer for contact information, see website PGP Key fingerprint: 91F3 6C72 F465 5E98 C246 61D9 2C32 8E24 097B B4E2 Pif wrote: > Boki a �crit : > >> Hi, All, >> For MIDLET, Runnable, there is a thread, but, why my >> run(), only run once only? not a loop? >> >> >> Best regards, >> Boki. >> > > when you have a thread, this is normal that it runs only once . > > You ...

sql running slow when run from java but runs fine when run from toad
A sql statement is taking a long time to run from Java, but it runs quicky from Toad. I am on 10.1.0 on Windows. Can anybody tell me where to look at? Thanks. I am pasting two trace files below. This is the TRACE File generated when i run the query from TOAD: ***************************************************************************************************** Dump file c:\oracle\product\10.1.0\admin\saracenp\udump\saracenp_ora_6028.trc Thu May 04 16:40:48 2006 ORACLE V10.1.0.2.0 - Production vsnsta=0 vsnsql=13 vsnxtr=3 Oracle Database 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production Windows Server 2003 Version V5.2 Service Pack 1 CPU : 4 - type 586, 2 Physical Cores Process Affinity: 0x00000000 Memory (A/P) : PH:1309M/3071M, PG:2780M/4457M, VA:1240M/2047M Instance name: saracenp Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1 Oracle process number: 22 Windows thread id: 6028, image: ORACLE.EXE (SHAD) *** 2006-05-04 16:40:48.312 *** ACTION NAME:() 2006-05-04 16:40:48.312 *** MODULE NAME:(TOAD 8.0.0.47) 2006-05-04 16:40:48.312 *** SERVICE NAME:(saracenp.saracen.com) 2006-05-04 16:40:48.312 *** SESSION ID:(50.564) 2006-05-04 16:40:48.312 ===================== PARSING IN CURSOR #4 len=70 dep=0 uid=44 oct=42 lid=44 tim=2414441638 hv=2467678342 ad='2531f9a4' alter session set events '10046 trace name context forever, level 12' END OF STMT EXEC #4:c=0,e=131,p=0,cr=0,cu=0,mis=1,r=0,dep=0,og=1,tim=2414441628 WAIT #4: nam='SQL*Net message to client' ela= 4 p1...

run code run!
Hi, What is the best practice to code writing cycle for a typical ruby project? What are you using most often ? Here are two possibilities that I can think of A) Run code as frequently as you can 1) Think about design 2) Write little bit of code (code in small steps) 3) Go to check for API documentation to make sure I use API correct 4) Run code (with or without UT) 5) Fix errors 6) Start from 1) B) Run code as late as you can 1) Think about design 2) Write down code mixed with a lot of comments and to do's 3) Continue 1) and 2) until you think problem is solved....

mr do! run, run
does anyone know wher i can find this game? On 19-Aug-03 16:26:57, Anonymous said >does anyone know wher i can find this game? There's an excellent (pd?) version of the game called Bob's Garden. It runs in a very compatible manner, and also has a WHDLoad installer. Its a fantastic game and the file is just 37k. Ram that up your windows. :) All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM) I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players http://www.angu...

Run Baby Run
Hi I come in shame, as I must admit that I've never played this game, but as it seems its kind of a cult game, I want to include it into the HARP Spectrum Zone Database. However, I'm totally lost in the game. I want to give some instructions on how to control the game, but I find anything about the game on WOS except for the inlay which is of no help. It's all very confusing, sometimes it does different things with the same key? Could someone be so kind, and explain to me what the game is all about, and what controls to use? Am I right that Joystick can't be used? Bye. -- Michael Bruhn aka Frankie frankiex at domain webspeed.dk Home Action Replay Site - Spectrum Zone: http://www.zxspectrum.homeactionreplay.org/index.php La tempo, Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:24:18 +0100 , La loco, comp.sys.sinclair . Michael Bruhn <see.sig@bottom.of.page.dk> scribis >Hi > >I come in shame, as I must admit that I've never played this game, but as it >seems its kind of a cult game, I want to include it into the HARP Spectrum Zone >Database. However, I'm totally lost in the game. I want to give some >instructions on how to control the game, but I find anything about the game on >WOS except for the inlay which is of no help. It's all very confusing, sometimes >it does different things with the same key? > >Could someone be so kind, and explain to me what the game is all about, and what >controls to use? Am I right that Joystick ...

Run, Snit, Run!
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 2:03:33 PM UTC-7, Charmed Tuna wrote: > On 2015-11-01 4:01 PM, Snit wrote: > > On 11/1/15, 1:59 PM, in article n15uae$hj7$2@dont-email.me, "Charmed Tu= na" > > <.m@nsn.s> wrote: > >=20 > >>>> Give him time, I'll be called one too. > >>>> > >>> <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot> > >>> ----- > >>> a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, > >>> etc. : a bigoted person; especially : ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Run, Snit, Run! #2
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 2:03:33 PM UTC-7, Charmed Tuna wrote: > On 2015-11-01 4:01 PM, Snit wrote: > > On 11/1/15, 1:59 PM, in article n15uae$hj7$2@dont-email.me, "Charmed Tu= na" > > <.m@nsn.s> wrote: > >=20 > >>>> Give him time, I'll be called one too. > >>>> > >>> <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot> > >>> ----- > >>> a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, > >>> etc. : a bigoted person; especially : ...

run task if is not running; cron
Hi all, I am using in cron: pgrep perl myscript.pl || perl /home/2ge/myscript.pl>/dev/nul 2>&1 it seems it work as I expect - when the script is not running it runs, when is running it sends me mail. But: 1. is this "standard way" how to do this? 2. how to stop sending mail? Thanks a lot. >I am using in cron: >pgrep perl myscript.pl || perl /home/2ge/myscript.pl>/dev/nul 2>&1 >it seems it work as I expect - when the script is not running it runs, >when is running it sends me mail. But: >1. is this "standard way" how to do this? >2. how to stop sending mail? What do you mean "when the script is not running it runs" ? As for the sending mail, you missed one 'L' off 'null' (ie. "/dev/null", not "dev/nul").. I dunno about standard but that's the way I run my cron jobs when I don't want any output.. Regards, Chris ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- On 2005-07-07, Ing. Branislav Gerzo scribbled these curious markings: > I am using in cron: > pgrep perl myscript.pl || perl /home/2ge/myscript.pl>/dev/nul 2>&1 > > it seems it work as I expect - when the script is not running it runs, > when is...

run
Dear forum members. I have a question. How can I keep the previous data everytime. For example: after 1st run I have 1data, after 2nd run need 2nd data+1st data, after 3rd run 3data+2data+1data&nbsp;and etc.. I attach the Vi. Please help me. &nbsp; Thanks in advise. Sincerely Harutyun Melikyan! example11.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/266381/1/example11.vi ...

problems with running SAINT (invalid key file) problems with running SAINT (invalid key file) problems with running SAINT (invalid key file) problems with running SAINT (invalid key file)
Hello, I downloaded Free Trial version of SAINT program. I have got two computers connected via net adapter. I set their IP's to 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 (Mandrake 9.0 both). These are numbers I typed when requested during downloading. Next I installed the program according to instructions present on your Website. Installation was completed successfully. Downloaded saint.key and IP numbers in the file agree with those typed. Copied it to saint-5.1.3 directory. Now, when I try to scan one of the computers following message shows up: 'Warning: Invalid Targets There was 1 invalid tar...

10 Best Ultrabooks: seven run Win7, three run Win8, do the math run Linux
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400007,00.asp If you're wondering "Why don't they sell any with Linux?" remember they're in business to make money and get repeat customers. On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 08:57:14 -0500, DFS wrote: > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400007,00.asp > > > If you're wondering "Why don't they sell any with Linux?" remember > they're in business to make money and get repeat customers. Get ready for the Linturds to claim PCMagazine is a Microsoft shill. -- flatfish+++ PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ On 2/7/2013 9:09 AM, flatfish+++ wrote: > On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 08:57:14 -0500, DFS wrote: > >> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400007,00.asp >> >> >> If you're wondering "Why don't they sell any with Linux?" remember >> they're in business to make money and get repeat customers. > > Get ready for the Linturds to claim PCMagazine is a Microsoft shill. turdv made that claim once about MaximumPC magazine, then ran away when I asked him to prove it and show me all the "M$ advertising". Fact is, MaximumPC promotes Linux and open source in most issues. ...

Exception in GUI Run but not in Simple RUN
Hi, if I launch an application directly from main function, no problems. if I launch the same application from a GUI (launched in main function) I have an exception. My application contain a PutMethod and the exception is in parsing the response of the server. Thank you Andrea My error!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( ...

Running an OS for the sake of running the OS
One of Edwins favorite trolls is to claim that no one should run a OS as an end in itself when someone mentions that his beloved POS PC can't even run OSX. This has always amused me since the operating system very much sets the standard for every application that runs atop it. With Tiger, this has become very apparent. OS X gives the user a system wide search that searches just about everything in the computer. Any application can incorporate this into the application OS X gives every application the ability to tap into Core Audio, Core Image and Core Video. OS X gives the user powerful tools such as Automator to enhance and simplify the repetitive tasks one must do with other operating systems. OS X ships with a built in dictionary and thesaurus. OS X ships with a built in and system wide spell checker. OS X has a .Mac frameworks which means that contacts, bookmarks, calendars can be synced via .Mac with multiple computers, and third party applications can use the same functionality. OS X ships with H.264, which is a supreme video codec. Windows still can't handle mpeg4 out of the box (unless some late WMP update has changed that). And so on. These are all reasons why it's better to have OSX running under your application than having Windows. -- Sandman[.net] In article <mr-15B2D6.22175116052005@individual.net>, mr@sandman.net says... > OS X has a .Mac frameworks which means that contacts, bookmarks, calendars can > be synced ...

Problem MSP430 with free run and run
Hello, I work on an MSP430F2254 with a MSP-FETFlash Emulation Tool. My code UART don't work in run but in free run. MSP430F22x4 Demo - USCI_A0, Ultra-Low Pwr UART 9600 String, 32kHz ACLK Description: This program demonstrates a full-duplex 9600-baud UART using USCI_A0 and a 32kHz crystal. The program will wait in LPM3, and will respond to a received 'u' character using 8N1 protocol. The response will be the integer value. ACLK = BRCLK = LFXT1 = 32768Hz, MCLK = SMCLK = DCO ~1.2MHz Baud rate divider with 32768Hz XTAL @9600 = 32768Hz/96...

Checking if a running software is running out of RAM
Hi, I've a big application installed on a Solaris (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire). It runs as daemon that regularly starts jobs. These jobs are very long, the main job takes from 5 to 14 hours to complete. How could I measure if one of these jobs is running out of memory? How could I check if, adding RAM memory, would help the jobs to run smoothly? Thanks. Marco In article <1162459600.114601.247030@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>, marco.lazzeri@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I've a big application installed on a Solaris (SunOS 5.9 > Generic_1...

Python Program runs but itself but does not run under IDLE
I am trying to figure out how a complex program written in python works. I am new to python so looking at the source code directly is not helping me much. As such, I am running the program under IDLE so I can step through the code. The program runs fine when it is run by itself. However, when I try to run the program in IDLE, I run into problems were a module cannot be found or is unavailable. To work around this problem I tired to place the location of required modules in the PYTHONPATH envrio variable. This solved some of the import failures but resulted in the following error: Attri...

Run into problem when running the sample of ActiveTCL
Hi, I've installed ActiveTCL on Linux platform with the Expect as a TCL extension. But encounter error when i tried to run the example of the Expect. path: /usr/local/ActiveTcl/demos/Expect sample: #more telnet-cwd #!/bin/sh # -*- tcl -*- \ exec tclsh "$0" ${1+"$@"} package require Expect # telnet-cwd - telnet but with same directory # # You can extend this idea to save any arbitrary information across telnet # Don Libes - Oct 17, 1991. set prompt "(%=A6#=A6\\$) $" ;# default prompt catch {set prompt $env(EXPECT_PROMPT)} eval spawn telnet $argv interact -o -nobuffer -re $prompt return send "cd [pwd]\r" interact Run the script: [root@donkey Expect]# ./telnet-cwd can't find package Expect while executing "package require Expect" (file "./telnet-cwd" line 4) the files and directory under /usr/local/ActiveTcl/lib: ao libvorbisenc.so.2 tap8.4 bwidget1.7 libvorbisenc.so.2.0.0 tbcload1.4 expect5.43.0 libvorbisfile.so tcl8.4 Img1.3 libvorbisfile.so.3 Tcldom2.6 itcl3.3 libvorbisfile.so.3.0.0 tcldomxml2.6 itk3.3 libvorbis.so Tclexpat2.6 iwidgets4.0.2 libvorbis.so.0 tcllib1.7 libao.so libvorbis.so.0.2.0 tcllib_critcl libao.so.2 libxml2.so tclsoap1.6.7 libao.so.2.1.1 libxml2.so.2 tc...

Why does NiVisaServer.exe is running when Labview is running??
I am running two identical test setups for&nbsp;some system testing.&nbsp; The PC&nbsp;configuration and test cases are same on both the setups. I am using &nbsp;Labview version 8.5 . I observe the setup running with NiVisaServer.exe is slow as compared to the other setup.&nbsp;The same file is not running in the other setup.&nbsp; My question is , does NiVisaServer.exe slow down the Labview execution?? Why does NiVisaServer.exe is not running in the other tester eventough both are identical?? &nbsp; ...

Tomcat only runs webMathematica if run as root.
Hi I sent this to a Mathematica newsgroup, but are trying a couple more just in case someone here might know. The Mathematica one is moderated (what a pain), so I'm sending this separately to avoid delays due to the moderation. I've been trying to install on a Sun Ultra 60 the program webMathematica: http://www.wolfram.com/products/webmathematica/index.html which is free or cheap web-based front end to an expensive bit of commercial software. An example of the webMathematica is here http://integrals.wolfram.com/ (useful if you are doing Calculus). Your browser interfaces with ...

Running Totals in AS400 Query
Hi, Is there a way of creating a running total field in AS400 query Lets say I have 2 fields 1. Date of Transaction 2. Amount. eg -2000 +50, -55 Date Amount Running Total 01/01/07 200 200 02/01/07 -50 150 I want to create the running total field using the Amount field programmatically. I plan to use the define report fields screens. Any ideas or help appreciated, Many Thanks, Ant AS400 Query Beginner excel-ant wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way of creating a running total field in AS400 query Nope. . IIRC, the Query/38 feature offered that function. That software comes with OPTION(06) of i5/OS. If that option is installed, CALL QCL, then issue DSNQRYAPP Beyond that, I recall almost nothing about it except that F1=Exit. Thus if your PF1 key is mapped to only Help, be sure to first remap your keyboard to allow exit/save of the designed query report/application. If you can create some SQL VIEW that gets the data in rows that the Query/400 reporting can present, then you could replace the query of the file with a report of the VIEW -- with or without summary processing in the query definition, depending on what the VIEW achieves for you. I do not want my brain to hurt, so I have not given this any thought for the given example. Regards, Chuck -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever excel-ant wrote: > Is there a way of creating a running total field ...

RE: Cerner hopefully is using Zotob to show why hospitals should run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS! #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Greig [mailto:greigaln@netscape.net]=20 > Sent: August 21, 2005 10:41 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Cerner hopefully is using Zotob to show why=20 > hospitals should run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS! run=20 > VMS! VMS! VMS! >=20 >=20 >=20 > bob@instantwhip.com wrote: >=20 > > you can on vms because vms doesn't get viruses ... >=20 > If passwords and systems are insecure any system can get=20 > attacked. Have=20 > you ever heard of the infamous VMS WANK (Worms Against=20 > Nuclear Killers)=20 > Worm from about 15 years ago? A lot of lessons were learnt=20 > the hard way=20 > back then. >=20 > --=20 > Alan Greig >=20 Alan, I am certainly no security guru, but my understanding is that virus's, Trojans and worms success depends primarily not on password hacking, but in known holes in specific OS's. The statement around OpenVMS is not that there has never been or never will be an OpenVMS virus, but rather there are no known OpenVMS viruses today. Quoting an virus example for OpenVMS that is 15 years old is imho, an excellent testimonial for OpenVMS.=20 Reference: http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/156.html "There are currently no known viruses which infect OpenVMS systems. However, it is often useful for an OpenVMS system to scan files for viruses which infect other operating systems. This could be the c...

FEAR runs crappy, Quake runs fine
I just started playing FEAR and it runs like soup through a fine-toothed comb. Does anyone have any ideas? I have played around with the settings. It looks butt ugly on "low" and runs choppy on "medium." The thing is, Quake 4 runs perfectly fine. I have an ATI X800 and 512RAM running on an AMD 64 2.4GHZ system. I also have the latest FEAR patch. I tried messing aroudn with VM some as well; that didn't help. In FEAR, at 800 x 600 with medium settings, there are tons of pauses and stuttering, and nothing ever runs too smooth. But in low, at 640 x 480, all the graphics look so low-res that the game is almost unplayable because I can't hardly see anything clearly. I have Quake 4 set to about medium or a little higher. Oddly, I remember the demo running perfectly fine and the graphics looked smooth and high-res. Any ideas? Also, for some reason, both games do a performance check and put everything pretty low, even though the X800 card shoudl be fast enough for at least medium quality... - JB "JB" <jbrandonbbremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A8nlf.1$so7.0@fe06.lga... >I just started playing FEAR and it runs like soup through a fine-toothed >comb. Does anyone have any ideas? I have played around with the settings. >It looks butt ugly on "low" and runs choppy on "medium." The thing is, >Quake 4 runs perfectly fine. I have an ATI X800 and 512RAM running on an >AMD 64 2.4GHZ...

ANN: Run Baby Run levels and editor!
WOOTY WOO!! http://www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/speccy/runbabyrun.php I've finally uploaded a few of the sets of levels I've been working on for RBR. Also, everyone else[1] can now play with Dunny's SEXBEST RBR level editor! EXCITED?! I AM! deKay -- + Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01] |- Gaming Diary - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/ |- My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that |- Hurry up and go touch it. On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:23:50 +0100, deKay wrote: > WOOTY WOO!! > http://www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/speccy/runbabyrun.php > > I've finally uploaded a few of the sets of levels I've been working on > for RBR. Also, everyone else[1] can now play with Dunny's SEXBEST RBR > level editor! > > EXCITED?! I AM! > > Some care needs to be taken with those attributes. The final "Cold As Ice" screen has an interesting feature where the CPU car tracks become walls that you can't drive through! V.Challenging :) Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:28:49 +0200, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk Quirky <quirky@zoom.co.uk> fornis do marikano es bono tan el: >Some care needs to be taken with those attributes. The final "Cold As >Ice" screen has an interesting feature where the CPU car tracks become >walls that you can't drive through! V.Challenging :) Bugger...

Web resources about - AS400 runs, and runs, and runs - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

AS400 Iseries
If you are looking to create jobs that you need to run at specified days or times on a regular basis on your as400 then your need to be using ...

India Jobs Network
Job Posts Search Hire Recruit Candidates Profile Resume CV HeadHunters HR Sourcing Recruitment Consultants Recruiters requirements Jobs firm ...

Operating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An operating system ( OS ) is a set of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs . ...

Software industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The software industry includes businesses for development , maintenance and publication of software that are using any business model. The industry ...

摄影器材资料馆 - Leica中文摄影论坛 专业中文摄影社区
Leica 关于 Leica 中文站 论坛首页 最新主题列表 最新回复列表 专业认证版块 认证会员摄影作品展专区 认证会员器材交流专区 认证会员摄影讨论专区 中文摄影论坛 摄影器材资料馆 技术互助讨论区 摄影器材专卖店 中文站办公室 注册 找回密码 登录 在线会员总数 注册会员总数 ...

Manager Business Process Support / CT8225
Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, US. Read the Manager Business Process Support / CT8225 job description ...

Attunity Integration Technology Forum
Attunity Integration Technology Forum. To find out about Attunity, go to http://www.attunity.com/ .

AS400, iSeries, IBM Free BCD Software Download Trials for Web App Development and BI
The IBM i and PC software products you will download are fully functioning versions of our software, complete with manuals. Free Trials, purchased ...

iDevelop: Cloud
The thoughts and musings of Jon Paris and Susan Gantner, two traveling System i application development evangelists. Topics include RPG, PHP ...