AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2

Hi

I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off
whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program
will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will
allow us to transfer orders from one system to another.

Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a
PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure
what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer.

I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I
would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if
possible.

We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2

Thanks for any help offered

Iain

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

IBM AS400

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese
Hi, I am trying to transfer a file with simplified Chinese characters using the AS400 Data Transfer Utility. I am using Win2000 (chinese (PRC) as the locale), V5R3 Service Pack SI17742. I have set the emulator's host code page to 1388 (Simplified Chinese). When I downloaded the file, I saw strange characters. Then, I changed the user profile to CCSID = 935 and successfully download the file to view the simplified chinese characters. However, I then tried to enter Equation and it prompts an error. Is there anyway to work around this problem? Thanks a lot! ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX #2
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

How to transfer large amount of data from Win/Sybase IQ to AS400 DB2 ?
Hi all, we have implemented datawarehouse in Sybase IQ. Nowadays we are preparing data interface (small datamart) for reporting system implemented in Cobol/AS400 DB2. We need to (on daily basis) transfer large amount of data (e.g. GBytes) from Win/Sybase IQ environment to AS400/DB2 I thing, that solutions based on OLE DB / ODBC / JDBC will be useless form the picture of performance. What do you thing about possibility of generate CSV files, transfer via FTP to AS400 and upload to DB2 ? Is it speedy enough? Is it good choice? Advantages/disadvantages? Is there another opportunity - I don't want to use third party tools/middleware ? Thanx for any advice. Take a look to IBM MTK Migration toolkit. It's free and it works very well. Try Google with "IBM MTK" Ciao Steve "p@li" <psmilnak@modom.sk> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1155063012.969170.326010@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > we have implemented datawarehouse in Sybase IQ. > Nowadays we are preparing data interface (small datamart) for reporting > system implemented in Cobol/AS400 DB2. > We need to (on daily basis) transfer large amount of data (e.g. GBytes) > from Win/Sybase IQ environment to AS400/DB2 > I thing, that solutions based on OLE DB / ODBC / JDBC will be useless > form the picture of performance. > What do you thing about possibility of generate CSV files, transfer via > FTP to AS400 and upload to DB2 ? Is it speedy enough? Is it good ...

as400 driver #2
Hi. Does the com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver driver that is part of JTOpen (http://jt400.sourceforge.net) works with db2 udb version 7 that is installed on windows 2000? I' m trying to access db2 from java aplication like this: Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"); Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400://hostname","user","password"); Statement statement = connection.createStatement(); ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("select * from tablename"); , and I get this ja...

Web data to AS400
Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming and then some. What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? Thanking any suggestions, I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group. "Chad White" <chadwhite12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3a886508-1295-4ca1-bffb-b62576d2f863@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown > software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to > get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to > do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, > but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but > no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well > and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming > and then some. > > What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? > > Thanking any suggestions, > > I do thank all the pros for taking time to ...

Archiving AS400 data
I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we keep the AS400 plugged (unplugged) for the next seven years?....etc. Is the data DB2/UDB? What sort of data tools do you you have on your new platform? You could extract the data to another platform. However, to make any sense out of it would require programming. If your company has been audited on a regular basis, the audit reports should suffice for the seven years. The working papers are used to support the audited financials not live data. Dick J (AZ) Larry wrote: > I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we > no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do > need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven > years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified > BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to > archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by > a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we > keep...

C-port 2 as400
Greetings to all! I need to evaluate the feasibility and efforts to port a TCP/IP server-software to as400. The server executes various programs, system and application, and transmits the output of those programs to the clients. I designed the SW for Unix and wrote it in C. Currently this SW runs on Unix SVR4, UnixWare, SunSolaris and Linux, 32 and 64 bit Intel-machines. I'm looking for appropriate documentation like - AS400 network programming in C - AS400 interprogramm communication in C etc. etc. Any pointers, hints and comments are very much appreciated. Thanks for reading Wolf "Wolf Grossi" <ng-wg@magro-soft.com> wrote in message news:42b400f1$0$11982$79720d31@newsreader.inode.at... > Greetings to all! > > I need to evaluate the feasibility and efforts to port a > TCP/IP server-software to as400. > The server executes various programs, system and application, and > transmits the output of those programs to the clients. > > I designed the SW for Unix and wrote it in C. > Currently this SW runs on Unix SVR4, UnixWare, SunSolaris and Linux, > 32 and 64 bit Intel-machines. > > I'm looking for appropriate documentation like > - AS400 network programming in C > - AS400 interprogramm communication in C > etc. etc. > > Any pointers, hints and comments are very much appreciated. > > Thanks for reading > Wolf Have you considered reading the manuals that are easily located on line http...

as400 data modelling tool
hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? ERwin has some support for AS/400 (ie, System i), but they don't support all the latest features. You might consider Rational Data Architect v7, I believe you can download a free trial from their website. ibcarolek wrote: > hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly > have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data > modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the > column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. > Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for > friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are > tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the > picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? > -- Kent Milligan ISV Enablement - System i kmill@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) GO HAWKEYES!! >>> ibm.com/iseries/db2 (opinions stated are no...

AS400/ KRONOS/ CONTRACT #2
THOMAS GUGGER INDEPENDENT RECRUITER tgugger@sbcglobal.net 419-537-9447 AS400/ KRONOS/ CONTRACT/ 3 MONTHS We have a three month contract for an AS400 programmer with solid experience with KRONOS. This contract is in Kitchener, Canada, approximately 60 miles S.W. from Toronto. The contract requires a US Citizen, Canadian Citizen, or one currently living in Canada. This is a great place to spend the summer. We need a person with a good personality, trainer as well as setup, config and Customer RPG reporting. Ceridian or Lawson is a plus. This work is for a major Corporation. If you are interested and qualified please answer the five questions below. Email answers WITH a resume to tgugger@sbcglobal.net. 1.. AS400 experience --------------------yrs 2.. KRONOS experience ----------------yrs 3.. Ceridian or Lawson experience -----yrs 4.. Citizenship Status --------------------- 5.. Availability ---------------------------- -- TOM GUGGER INDEPENDENT RECRUITER tgugger@sbcglobal.net 419-537-9447 OFFICE 419-250-8853 CELL Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SP...

AS400 and SafeNet(Kisco) #2
Hi guys Is somebody uses such configuration????? Regards Skorek ...

Transfering AS400 to new domain.
We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. Thanks. I think allot of it will depend upon how your participate on your network. Are people using DNS or host table files to get to you, are you using them for some specific purposes etc. Question_123 wrote: > We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done > this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you > can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote > printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. > > Thanks. We just did this 3 weeks ago. We had no major problems. Heres what we did: 1) Removed old tcp/ip route - added new 2) Removed old tcp/ip interface - added new 3) Modified tcp/ip host table entries ( we have some host table entries) 4) Changed tcp/ip domain information. (We had a minor problem here. After a call to IBM it was determined that our new domain name had to be "NewDomainName.local" instead of "NewDomainName" 5) Change the domain name in for the ISeries NetSvr properties. (This required tcp/ip to be stopped & restarted. JB "Question_123" <I_am_fitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5cedbf9d.0503281639.19c3e927@posting.google.com... > We are planing on movin...

Data Migration from AS400 to PC
Hi I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating the process of migrating data from AS to PC. Thanks Paulo Portugal On Mar 28, 6:17=A0pm, white hair <PauloTrigoMor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal What kind of database on the PC? For SQL you could use DTS. For Excel I like CVTPFXLS (3rd party shareware). There is also the OS command CPYTOIMPF. FROG does a good job of building CSV files. SQL queries can also be used. Try FTP. This is for flat files (may be indexed) If you don't bother to copy the files first to QS36F and name the member like the file name than you may use the program that I stored at http://www.prym.nl/getme Just enter IP of the AS/400 (could be anywhere) userid and password, the file to get (member name must equal file name) and destination. Than Start Let me know if you are going to use it. Cheers, Ace white hair wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal "Ace" <no@spam.pls>...

how to transfer a graphic from PC to AS400
If I have a graphic on my PC, a jpg bmp or gif file, how do I transfer it to the AS400 so that I can use it to create a simple overlay file? Is there a resource that can explain this process? The only book I have "Advanced Function Printing Utilities for AS400 User's Guide" is useless. Thanks. ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Transfer files from S36 to AS400
I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the files accessible to client access using EDITNRD. What does EDITNRD do? From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side. But it sounds like it just defines the mapping. And then another command nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping. Using a COPYDATA command? So it sounds like one step is that I need to use EDITNRD to define two entries: one for each file. But is there another step to say to actually copy the files using the mappings? I should be able to tell what to put in the entries since they already have several entries set up. When I run client access file transfer from a PC, I see that only files defined through NRD are visible. So I see that I can't get access to all S 36 files automatically and must set up NRD to get to them. Thanks for any help. charliestrause@yahoo.com wrote: > I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 > side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. > > A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two > files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the > files accessible to client access u...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

How to promote an AS400 product? #2
Hello! We are an Application Service Provder of AS/400 (iSeries)-based applications. Perhaps we could help you provide a solutioin so your customers need not purchase an AS/400, or worry about installing your product. Please contact me if you are interested. Scott Jordan http://www.crsys.com ...

browser access to as400 data
how do I secure browser access to as400 data? Should the user be logging onto the website which provides access to data on the as400? No doubt, but what should the user name and password be? If the user logs on with an as400 user name and password, how do you prevent the password from being transmitted thru the web, from the browser to the web server? The web server in this case is a windows xp PC with IIS installed. The usage has, to date, been limited to users behind the firewall. Now there is a need for users in another location to access this internal web server. thanks, If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should be no issues with visible passwords. Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your situation. On Sep 22, 11:28=A0am, "walker.l2" <walker...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: > If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should > be no issues with visible passwords. > > Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or > as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- > On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same > credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your > situa...

Web resources about - AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Charge-transfer complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A charge-transfer complex ( CT complex ) or electron-donor-acceptor complex is an association of two or more molecules , or of different parts ...

DeskConnect file transfer app updated with share extension, 3D Touch support, and more
DeskConnect is a file transfer app from the makers of Workflow. It allows you to easily share files between your iPhone, iPad and Mac. DeskConnect ...

$500 million money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly laid off staff last year
International money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly cut around 30 staff in London and the US last July. Business Insider was tipped off ...

Here's how the Hyrule Warriors 3DS to Wii U transfer process works
... U edition of the game . It's been out in Japan since January, but now that I have a US copy of the game, I can confirm the details of the transfer ...

Mark Richt Gets It with Transfers-Sadly Most Coaches Do Not.
Are they Students or Employees? I have had numerous posts in this space concerning the ways that college athletes are essentially treated as ...

48% of Israeli Jews Back ‘Expulsion’ or ‘Transfer’ of Arabs, New Pew Survey Says
Nearly half of the Jews surveyed in a landmark Pew survey of Israelis want Arabs ‘expelled or transferred’ from the country. Authors of the groundbreaking ...

Officials say Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans
Officials say Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans

Officials Say Guantanamo Transfers Have Killed Americans
Americans have been killed by prisoners released from the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a senior Defense Department official told ...

‘Law & Order: SVU’: Fin Tutuola Reacts To Olivia Benson’s Transfer, Ice-T Says Situation ‘Rights Itself’ ...
... (Robert John Burke) ended up being investigated by Internal Affairs. Due to Olivia Benson’s personal link to Tucker, she ended up being transferred ...

DeskConnect, the App That Makes File Transfers Between iOS and Mac Dead Simple, Gets a Design Refresh ...
Mac/iOS: There’s been no shortage of apps of that seek to make the process of sending files, photos, clipboard contents and whatever else between ...