AS400 to AS400 data transfer

Hi

I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off
whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program
will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will
allow us to transfer orders from one system to another.

Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a
PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure
what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer.

I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I
would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if
possible.

Thanks for any help offered

Iain

Iain wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off
> whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program
> will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will
> allow us to transfer orders from one system to another.
Even if there may be multiple way, I think the best would be using a
remote journal, on the target system a journal entry exit program will
be evoked at event time, so it can apply new records to the target
tables, then it can fire a new event if necessary.

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda
Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
> Iain wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off
>> whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program
>> will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will
>> allow us to transfer orders from one system to another.
> Even if there may be multiple way, I think the best would be using a
> remote journal, on the target system a journal entry exit program will
> be evoked at event time, so it can apply new records to the target
> tables, then it can fire a new event if necessary.

Further more you can use data replicator products, such as Quick-EDD DR
that's more flexible and allow you to select, directly on the source
system, which record and which fields inside the record you want to
transfer and make data conversions too.

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda
info1229 (187)
5/6/2006 9:02:08 AM
You can use DDM files on the source system, which are really just
pointers to actual files on the target system.
This is the command on the source system to create the DDM file:
CRTDDMF FILE(SOURCELIB/RMTORDERS)
        RMTFILE(TARGETLIB/ORDERS)
        RMTLOCNAME('64.233.167.99' *IP)
        TEXT('DDM file to point to order file on remote system')

So a write in your RPG trigger program to the DDM file RMTORDERS on the
source system would be written to physical file ORDERS on the target
system.
There are some security hurdles to jump over as well, depending on how
your AS/400s are configured, but nothing complicated.

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese
Hi, I am trying to transfer a file with simplified Chinese characters using the AS400 Data Transfer Utility. I am using Win2000 (chinese (PRC) as the locale), V5R3 Service Pack SI17742. I have set the emulator's host code page to 1388 (Simplified Chinese). When I downloaded the file, I saw strange characters. Then, I changed the user profile to CCSID = 935 and successfully download the file to view the simplified chinese characters. However, I then tried to enter Equation and it prompts an error. Is there anyway to work around this problem? Thanks a lot! ...

IBM AS400

as400 data modelling tool
hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? ERwin has some support for AS/400 (ie, System i), but they don&#...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Transfer files from S36 to AS400
I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the files accessible to client access using EDITNRD. What does EDITNRD do? From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side. But it sounds like it just defines the mapping. And then another command nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping. Using a COP...

Data Migration from AS400 to PC
Hi I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating the process of migrating data from AS to PC. Thanks Paulo Portugal On Mar 28, 6:17=A0pm, white hair <PauloTrigoMor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal What kind of database on the PC? For SQL you could use D...

Transfering AS400 to new domain.
We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. Thanks. I think allot of it will depend upon how your participate on your network. Are people using DNS or host table files to get to you, are you using them for some specific purposes etc. Question_123 wrote: > We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done > this and experienced any problems. Or you have not ...

Automatic transfer AS400 -> Excel
Hello I am trying to transfer data from an AS400 system to a Excel sheet, Now this is done manually by cliking the add-in from Client Access named CWBTFXLA.XLL This works but the data has to be formatted afterwards, I want to make the transfer automatic via VBA en then run some code on it. The formating code works but i can't get the automatic transfer to work. Mind you, I'am a noob on the AS400 and do not have access to the command prompt Pse help Add a module to your project in the Visual Basic Editor Add a reference to ado to your project on the vb editor (tools - references...

HELP: accessing AS400 data in Oracle
I'm trying to access data from AS400 using gateway. e.g. SELECT * FROM LIB.FILE2@AS400 It works for some tables only. All tables are from the same library and have all privilages granted to Oracle. I just guess that it does not work for the tables that were added on the AS400 recently but I'm not sure. I've never used gateway before. The error I'm getting is the following: ORA-0942:tableor view does not exist ORA-02063:preceding line from AS400 Of course I checked AS400. The table exists. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Andrzej Urbanowicz <andrzeju@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105023866.601325.23650@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to access data from AS400 using gateway. > e.g. SELECT * FROM LIB.FILE2@AS400 > It works for some tables only. All tables are from the same library and > have all privilages granted to Oracle. I just guess that it does not > work for the tables that were added on the AS400 recently but I'm not > sure. I've never used gateway before. > > The error I'm getting is the following: > ORA-0942:tableor view does not exist > ORA-02063:preceding line from AS400 > > Of course I checked AS400. The table exists. > Any help is greatly appreciated. > Thanks > Andrzej Urbanowicz > Are the table names case sensitive ? Just an idea, I don't know AS400 ... Matthias Hoys wrote: > <andrzeju@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:110502...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS4...

Files transfer to and from test site to as400
Hi, I am new to as400 and started working on it. Cud u let me know how to do File transfers to and from our test site to our test AS400. When i tried that it is not working . Test site says Your FTP password was disabled. Regards, N Roy Log on to the testsite as secoft and enter at the command prompt: WRKUSRPRF Then select your account for change (selection 2) and set it to *enabled. Regards Hannes ...

Error transferring from Excel CSV into AS400...
I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've just received this error: --------------------------------------------- Incorrect decimal point in the record. Record number: 1 Error range (in Bytes): Start: 7 End: 17 PC Field Name: MPPD --------------------------------------------- There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer and the contents include this: --------------------------------------------- PCFDF PCFT 1 PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings PCFL MPGRP 2 6 PCFL MPPD 2 10/2 --------------------------------------------- The actual data for record 1 looks like this: 38101,1630.72 (Account Number, Amount) Any suggestions? Thanks, Lance "News" <news@news.com> wrote in message news:<0%oEb.1441$VI1.237@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>... > I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct > number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've > just received this error: > > --------------------------------------------- > Incorrect decimal point in the record. > > Record number: 1 > Error range (in Bytes): > Start: 7 > End: 17 > PC Field Name: MPPD > --------------------------------------------- > There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer > and the contents include this: > > --------------------------------------------- > PCFDF > PCFT 1 > PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings > PCFL ...

Help
Hello, I need some help.I'm developing a solution for a customer, who as a AS400 system. I have developed a Web solution but kno they want to have me to interact with the AS400. They have absolut now programming experience - I have a lot but not on a AS400. The solutoon I'm after is to call the programon the AS400 and maybe send keybvoard input to the AS400 in order to put data to the AS400. In regard to receiving data I have an Ide to type in the command and then parse the screnn returned to me into the web. However looking into the 5250 protocol I can see that it is not an easy job....

How to edit data in a document which is in an as400 printqueue
Is there a possibility to change things in a document when it is located in an as400 printqueue When possible how can i do this. and what kind of code is in the queue (ascii or ebcidic) can anyone help ?? Thank in advance a newbie Redrum Redrum wrote: > > Is there a possibility to change things in a document when it is > located in an as400 printqueue > When possible how can i do this. and what kind of code is in the queue > (ascii or ebcidic) > can anyone help ?? If you mean a spooled file there's no way to change it, unless copying the spooled file (with CPYSPLF o...

DTS -- SQL Server Data to AS400
Hi, I'm trying to dug this issue since couple of days but couldn't find any solution. I have SQL server 2000 SP 3 and Host Integration Server 2000 SP 1 running. I'm able to download data from AS400/DB2(V5R2M0) into SQL server, using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 in DTS. But when I tried to upload the same table (downloaded from AS400 into Sql server) back to AS400, I got the following error. HResult of 0x8004206a(-2147213206) returned Unexpected error occurred. An error result was returned without error message. Anyone knows any thing about plese help me with this issue. I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance Noor ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

e: Automatic transfer AS400 -> Excel
We are using Compleo from Symtrax to do that. You can generate XLS or PDF files and other things and you can reformat your data. And we will now use MapForm from Symtrax to do our mapping with barcods and so much... They have great iSeries product. Adam ...

Software in . Net to retriew yous Statistic data from As400
Software in . Net to retriew yous Statistic data from As400 Polaris.Net is for who, knowing the structure of database and SQL language , they want realize statistics. Polaris.Net is for the producer of software and the retailer the better instrument to propose to to their customers. Polaris.Net has need only a valid SQL statement , after which all the functionalities are immediately operating. Polaris.Net is developed in ..Net and has a Client/Server-Multi-Users architecture, therefore it is the right solution for the requirements of company. Polaris.NET is a powerful and robust appl...

Microsoft uses IBM AS400's for development.
Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work space. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on > a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that > it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be > rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse > the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most > people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work > space. MS developers are using Win 2k3 and Win 2k8 servers as development machines too and not PC(s), with VMware. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: Plonk "Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda" <fadlullah.jonnalagadda@gmail.com> wrote in message news:60deb8d3-5599-48d8-8667-6734e37a756b@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. ...

WHAT RECORD SIZE SHOULD BE TO TRANSFER AFP RESOUSE in PC to AS400
Hello, I am transferring AFP resources from PC to AS400 through client Access Data Transfer utility. PC AFP-resource become valid on AS400 only if i give(in client Access utility) record length equilant to smallest power of 2 value that is greater then size of AFP resource(e.g. if AFP resource size is 383 bytes then record length should be 512 bytes that is 2 raise power 9). With this formula of record length when i transfer the AFP overlay resource, the AFP overlay resource is copied as a single record And this copied file through CRTOVL command creates AS400 AFP overlay successfu...

Web resources about - AS400 to AS400 data transfer - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Charge-transfer complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A charge-transfer complex ( CT complex ) or electron-donor-acceptor complex is an association of two or more molecules , or of different parts ...

DeskConnect file transfer app updated with share extension, 3D Touch support, and more
DeskConnect is a file transfer app from the makers of Workflow. It allows you to easily share files between your iPhone, iPad and Mac. DeskConnect ...

$500 million money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly laid off staff last year
International money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly cut around 30 staff in London and the US last July. Business Insider was tipped off ...

Here's how the Hyrule Warriors 3DS to Wii U transfer process works
... U edition of the game . It's been out in Japan since January, but now that I have a US copy of the game, I can confirm the details of the transfer ...

48% of Israeli Jews Back ‘Expulsion’ or ‘Transfer’ of Arabs, New Pew Survey Says
Nearly half of the Jews surveyed in a landmark Pew survey of Israelis want Arabs ‘expelled or transferred’ from the country. Authors of the groundbreaking ...

‘Law & Order: SVU’: Fin Tutuola Reacts To Olivia Benson’s Transfer, Ice-T Says Situation ‘Rights Itself’ ...
... (Robert John Burke) ended up being investigated by Internal Affairs. Due to Olivia Benson’s personal link to Tucker, she ended up being transferred ...

DeskConnect, the App That Makes File Transfers Between iOS and Mac Dead Simple, Gets a Design Refresh ...
Mac/iOS: There’s been no shortage of apps of that seek to make the process of sending files, photos, clipboard contents and whatever else between ...

Apple Event Tidbits: USB 2 Transfer Speeds for 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 256GB Storage Option for 12.9-inch ...
... selling a new 12.9-inch iPad Pro with 256GB of storage for $1,079 for Wi-Fi only or $1,229 for Wi-Fi + Cellular. 9.7-inch iPad Pro USB 2 Transfer ...

German court: Facebook Like button data transfer illegal without user consent
Decision is the latest in a string of EU privacy investigations and setbacks for the social giant. Please visit Marketing Land for the full article. ...

Mason County Property Transfers
Mason County Property Transfers Ledger Independent Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to Randy A. Cord, Angela K. Cord, parcel 8 Arrington ...