Automatic transfer AS400 -> Excel

Hello

I am trying to transfer data from an AS400 system to a Excel sheet,
Now this is done manually by cliking the add-in from Client Access named
CWBTFXLA.XLL
This works but the data has to be formatted afterwards,
I want to make the transfer automatic via VBA en then run some code on it.

The formating code works but i can't get the automatic transfer to work.

Mind you, I'am a noob on the AS400 and do not have access to the command
prompt

Pse help
0
warzel (1)

Add a module to your project in the Visual Basic Editor
Add a reference to ado to your project on the vb editor (tools -
references - microsoft activex data objects)
Add a sub procedure to to your module called Auto_Open
Forget using the client access add in - usa vba code to get the data

here is a sample

 Public Sub Auto_Open()
Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
Dim strSQL As String

strSQL = "Select * from mylib.myfile"

Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset

' xxx =  your as/400 ip address

rst.open strSQL, "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;"

Range("A2").CopyFromRecordset  rst

End Sub

this is for office 200 and higher
whenever the workbook is opened, this Auto_Open procedure will run
this will fill the worksheet starting in cell A2 with the data  You will
have to add column headers.

"Warzel" <warzel@toegang.voor.iedereen.nedeland> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am trying to transfer data from an AS400 system to a Excel sheet,
> Now this is done manually by cliking the add-in from Client Access named
> CWBTFXLA.XLL
> This works but the data has to be formatted afterwards,
> I want to make the transfer automatic via VBA en then run some code on it.
>
> The formating code works but i can't get the automatic transfer to work.
>
> Mind you, I'am a noob on the AS400 and do not have access to the command
> prompt
>
> Pse help

0
rmoore7378 (13)
1/17/2005 5:23:16 PM
Try from exel Data-import external data new database qry adn chosse db2
i think from here you know what to do

best regards

Leonel

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

Error transferring from Excel CSV into AS400...
I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've just received this error: --------------------------------------------- Incorrect decimal point in the record. Record number: 1 Error range (in Bytes): Start: 7 End: 17 PC Field Name: MPPD --------------------------------------------- There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer and the contents include this: --------------------------------------------- PCFDF PCFT 1 PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings PCFL MPGRP 2 6 PCFL MPPD 2 10/2 --------------------------------------------- The actual data for record 1 looks like this: 38101,1630.72 (Account Number, Amount) Any suggestions? Thanks, Lance "News" <news@news.com> wrote in message news:<0%oEb.1441$VI1.237@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>... > I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct > number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've > just received this error: > > --------------------------------------------- > Incorrect decimal point in the record. > > Record number: 1 > Error range (in Bytes): > Start: 7 > End: 17 > PC Field Name: MPPD > --------------------------------------------- > There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer > and the contents include this: > > --------------------------------------------- > PCFDF > PCFT 1 > PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings > PCFL ...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

From AS400 to Excel
Hi all We have a number of spreadsheets that access data in other spreadsheets, that were created by an AS400 data transfer. When this was done via BOS it all worked well. Having just changed the transfer to Client Access it now transpires that the spreadsheets have to be opened and saved in a later format before they can be accessed. We have tried all of the Excel formats available in CA and the problem occurs with all of them. If we change the transfer to QDLS, will this create an XLS file extension that can be accessed by an Excel 2000 or 2003 spreadsheet without having to open and save the data download? Cheers Neil ...

How to transfer info automatically from an excel data base to a word document OR an excel
Hello. I'm working on a project with an excel database and need help with the following. This database has some dates that are changed regularly and I need to make an automated system so that everytime one of the dates is changed on the Excel database, it changes automaticaly the date in 2 different word documents and print them both. Any ideas on how it can be done? In the case you don't know how to do it on a Word document, I can get one of the documents inside the database, the others (they are too many) can be reformated to Excel files, but as external files, that is, not in the same file of the database. Thank you very much for taking your time to read this. By the way, if your solution can be done without programming, much better, I don't know of any programming language. But if you can't think of a way to do it without programming, tell me anyway and I see if I can get one of my more nerdy friends to do it for me. Thanks again. ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

how to transfer a graphic from PC to AS400
If I have a graphic on my PC, a jpg bmp or gif file, how do I transfer it to the AS400 so that I can use it to create a simple overlay file? Is there a resource that can explain this process? The only book I have "Advanced Function Printing Utilities for AS400 User's Guide" is useless. Thanks. ...

Transfering AS400 to new domain.
We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. Thanks. I think allot of it will depend upon how your participate on your network. Are people using DNS or host table files to get to you, are you using them for some specific purposes etc. Question_123 wrote: > We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done > this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you > can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote > printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. > > Thanks. We just did this 3 weeks ago. We had no major problems. Heres what we did: 1) Removed old tcp/ip route - added new 2) Removed old tcp/ip interface - added new 3) Modified tcp/ip host table entries ( we have some host table entries) 4) Changed tcp/ip domain information. (We had a minor problem here. After a call to IBM it was determined that our new domain name had to be "NewDomainName.local" instead of "NewDomainName" 5) Change the domain name in for the ISeries NetSvr properties. (This required tcp/ip to be stopped & restarted. JB "Question_123" <I_am_fitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5cedbf9d.0503281639.19c3e927@posting.google.com... > We are planing on movin...

Transfer files from S36 to AS400
I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the files accessible to client access using EDITNRD. What does EDITNRD do? From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side. But it sounds like it just defines the mapping. And then another command nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping. Using a COPYDATA command? So it sounds like one step is that I need to use EDITNRD to define two entries: one for each file. But is there another step to say to actually copy the files using the mappings? I should be able to tell what to put in the entries since they already have several entries set up. When I run client access file transfer from a PC, I see that only files defined through NRD are visible. So I see that I can't get access to all S 36 files automatically and must set up NRD to get to them. Thanks for any help. charliestrause@yahoo.com wrote: > I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 > side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. > > A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two > files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the > files accessible to client access u...

Uploading Excel sheet on As400
What is the procedure to upload an excel sheet to As400? "Rushabh" <r4rushabh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e0dcbda4.0404140240.5ba00292@posting.google.com... > What is the procedure to upload an excel sheet to As400? I always use FTP - I think its perfectly simple to use & I get any error messages in plain English. -- Jonathan Bailey. If you have PC where Client Access is installed, there should be an icon in Excel toolbar "Transfer Data to Iseries". That's the easiest way. r4rushabh@hotmail.com (Rushabh) wrote in message news:<e0dcbda4.0404140240.5ba00292@posting.google.com>... > What is the procedure to upload an excel sheet to As400? Open Excel and choose icon "Transfer data to Iseries" r4rushabh@hotmail.com (Rushabh) wrote in message news:<e0dcbda4.0404140240.5ba00292@posting.google.com>... > What is the procedure to upload an excel sheet to As400? ...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

how to create excel file on AS400 ?
Hello, I know how to create a CSV file on AS400, transfer it on pc, and open it with Excel. But there is no formatting, no formula... Is it possible to create a file on AS400 with my data, add it to a formatted file (on AS400), so that the new file would be an Excel file (xls), usable in Windows ? Thanks Jean-Claude On 16 Mar., 13:54, "Jean-Claude" <repondreenfo...@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > Hello, > > I know how to create a CSV file on AS400, transfer it on pc, and open it > with Excel. > But there is no formatting, no formula... > > Is it possible to create a file on AS400 with my data, add it to a formatted > file (on AS400), so that the new file would be an Excel file (xls), usable > in Windows ? > > Thanks > Jean-Claude Hi Jean-Claude. I work at Intermate where we sell InterExcel400. Take a look at www.interexcel400.com It can use predefined excel spreadsheets - e.g. with predefined formulas and chart definitions. You can even chose different fonts, borders, alignments and so on directly in the product without the use of a predefined excel template. You can download it and try it out yourself or ask for a demo. /Kim Egekjaer Go to www.systeminetwork.com Search for "create .xls file" You will find numerous commercial products as well as articles on do-it-yourself code. Denny On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:54:23 +0100, "Jean-Claude" <repondreenforum@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hello, > >...

AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese
Hi, I am trying to transfer a file with simplified Chinese characters using the AS400 Data Transfer Utility. I am using Win2000 (chinese (PRC) as the locale), V5R3 Service Pack SI17742. I have set the emulator's host code page to 1388 (Simplified Chinese). When I downloaded the file, I saw strange characters. Then, I changed the user profile to CCSID = 935 and successfully download the file to view the simplified chinese characters. However, I then tried to enter Equation and it prompts an error. Is there anyway to work around this problem? Thanks a lot! ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

How to transfer info automatically from an excel data?
Hell I'm working on a project with an excel database and need help with th following This database has some dates that are changed regularly and I need t make an automate system so that everytime one of the dates is changed on the Exce database, it changes automaticaly the date in 2 different word documents and print the both Any ideas on how it can be done In the case you don't know how to do it on a Word document, I can ge one of the documents inside the database, the others (they are too many) can be reformate to Excel files, but as external files, that is, not in the same file of the database Thank you very much for taking your time to read this By the way, if your solution can be done without programming, muc better, I don't know of any programming language But if you can't think of a way to do it without programming, tell m anyway and I see if I can get one of my more nerdy friends to do it for me Thanks again ...

Files transfer to and from test site to as400
Hi, I am new to as400 and started working on it. Cud u let me know how to do File transfers to and from our test site to our test AS400. When i tried that it is not working . Test site says Your FTP password was disabled. Regards, N Roy Log on to the testsite as secoft and enter at the command prompt: WRKUSRPRF Then select your account for change (selection 2) and set it to *enabled. Regards Hannes ...

How to transfer data from MS Excel to labview & Add check boxes and transfer back to excel?
i have some data in the form of quetions with check boxes and text fields in Ms Excel. i want them to be transferred to Labview 8 using program and answer the questions in labview and transfer the answers into Ms Excel spread sheet. Can anyone please help me on these. i m just a beginner and not much familiar to labview. I will be grateful If anyone please post a similar code . Liju Hiii, Liju &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You can refer to the post <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?...

Exporting AS400 to OO-Calc or MS-Excel
Hi all, I have also asked the question in the programming group. There seems to be little activity there. My question is: Can someone point me to an easy way to export an AS400 Database to an external file such as OO-Calc or MS-Excel (CVS). I come from MS and Linux, and have very little experinece with AS400. I have an AS400 operator who can get to the tables etc. He does not know how to export and access the AS400 from outside over TCP/IP, other than working with the Access Client of IBM. How can I get the MS-Like NT server running on the AS400, and how can I get ftp to run? How do I export the file and how can I share the MS-Like files/directories? Linux users wrote a great number of How-To's to get things done on it, and publish it on the Linux Documentation Project website (http://www.tldp.org/). Is there something similar for the AS400? Any help greatly appreciated. :-) LandSr Errata: > Can someone point me to an easy way to export an AS400 Database to an > external file such as OO-Calc or MS-Excel (CVS). Not CVS but CSV-Export :-/ LandSr Great, I can get on with ftp! Half way there. The AS400 admin said that the right place for the export 'file' is in Library QGPL (I gather in my world a Library is like a directory). With "get QQRYOUT.QQRYOUT" I retrieved: "Retrieving member QQRYOUT in file QQRYOUT in library QGPL " as a binary file. I can't make sense of the contents, but if I can now get a CSV file exported by ...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Automatic Transfer of Excel charts into word document
I am producing a word report using labview acquiring data from spectrum analyser.The plot is too complicated to produce with Word easy chart, so all data is sent to excel and the chart plotted there. The chart then needs to be manually copied from excel and pasted into the right location in the word report. I want to automate the transfer of these charts. The process is run many times over, and the word doc needs to be produced automatically every run, with the appropriate charts each time. Labview dumps all of the data into an excel template which draws the charts etc. Labview also produces the word doc with everything in place except the chart drawn by excel. The excel and the word doc then sit open on the screen waiting for the user to copy the charts from excel to the appropriate places in the doc, and save and print the doc. Can anyone help me find a way to automate this last step - the placement of selected charts (all in selarate worksheets in excel) into selected locations (bookmarks?) in the word doc. Thanks Fred Engel ...

Web resources about - Automatic transfer AS400 -> Excel - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Semi-automatic firearm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A semi-automatic , or self-loading firearm is a weapon which performs all steps necessary to prepare the weapon to fire again after firing—assuming ...

Flux-like automatic screen brightness app ‘FlexBright’ now available in the App Store
Despite earlier actions against similar apps , Apple has recently approved an app called FlexBright that adjusts the brightness and color temperature ...

Ohio attorney general rejects automatic voter registration petition on absurd technicality
... submitted a petition to Ohio attorney general Mike DeWine proposing an amendment to the Ohio Constitution that would have provided for automatic ...

Automakers accelerate on automatic braking for 2022
Filed under: Government/Legal , Chevrolet , Toyota , Safety We curate the week's events with a focus on automakers' plans to roll out automatic ...

Amazon Echo meets Automatic, attempts to make your car smarter
... is in your car. After all, the device is plugged in back at home, right? Not so fast, that's coming now also thanks to a partnership with Automatic. ...

Automatic braking to become standard by 2022: AP
Automatic braking to become standard by 2022: AP

Automakers agree to put automatic braking in cars by 2022
WASHINGTON (AP) — Automatic braking will be standard in most cars and light trucks within six years, and on heavier SUVs and pickup trucks within ...

Websites’ automatic-renewal policies can lead to trouble
... an item shipped monthly, without the hassle of going online and pulling out one’s credit card over and over, is an even better idea. The automatic ...

Toyota Promises Automatic Braking Will Be Standard In Most Models By 2017
Just days after automakers and federal regulators reached a deal that would make forward-collision warning and automatic emergency braking standard ...

PC Users Caught Unprepared for Automatic Windows 10 Upgrades
NEWS ANALYSIS: Unless you take steps to prevent an automatic upgrade of your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 machine, it will happen even if you’re ...