awk

I'd like if it's possible to use awk in strqsh mode .
Thanks
0
frenk_mo (26)

Running Awk:

http://www.itjungle.com/mgo/mgo011503-story02.html

and

http://www.omniuser.org/Downloads/Qshell-OpenSSH-OMNI.pdf

0
Emile
6/21/2010 9:56:45 PM
On 21 Giu, 23:56, "Emile" <em...@e.nl> wrote:
> Running Awk:
>
> http://www.itjungle.com/mgo/mgo011503-story02.html
>
> and
>
> http://www.omniuser.org/Downloads/Qshell-OpenSSH-OMNI.pdf=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0

Now I need to use strqsh mode;
I use awk in strqsh mode adding to $PATH environment variable the
path  /QOpenSys/usr/bin,
but when (in awk) I use system() function the envvar $PATH was not
inherited but it assumes the value
/QOpenSys/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/QOpenSys/usr/bin/X11:/usr/sbin:.:/usr/
bin

instead when I use awk in PASE mode (call qp2term) the path in
system() was inherited correctly.
0
frenk_mo (26)
6/22/2010 7:40:14 AM
On 22 Giu, 09:40, "frenk...@hotmail.com" <frenk...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 Giu, 23:56, "Emile" <em...@e.nl> wrote:
>
> > Running Awk:
>
> >http://www.itjungle.com/mgo/mgo011503-story02.html
>
> > and
>
> >http://www.omniuser.org/Downloads/Qshell-OpenSSH-OMNI.pdf=A0=A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0

> Now I need to use strqsh mode;
> I use awk in strqsh mode adding to $PATH environment variable the
> path =A0/QOpenSys/usr/bin,
> but when (in awk) I use system() function the envvar $PATH was not
> inherited but it assumes the value
> /QOpenSys/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/QOpenSys/usr/bin/X11:/usr/sbin:.:/usr/
> bin
>
> instead when I use awk in PASE mode (call qp2term) the path in
> system() was inherited correctly.

I have solved this problem setting env var $PASE_PATH like $PATH:
when i call system() function in awk the PATH was assumed from
PASE_PATH ...

now I have this problem:
in script that I call from awk using system() function, when I try to
execute  db2 command like this:

BEGIN{
}
{
command =3D "db2  -t -f  /home/xxx/yyy/zzz.sql "
system(command)
}
END {
}

I receive the error
sh: db2: 0403-006 Execute permission denied.

even if I logon as QSECOFR
0
frenk_mo (26)

Hello all, I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is still not being printed. This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas witho...

IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi All I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure such a connection. There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the data as soon as it is received. All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have been using SAVF and FTP but this is a differnet issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered Iain Iain racontait dans comp.databases....

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

Filemaker + ibm as400 Help!!
Good Morning Somebody know how the program "Filemaker" could be connected with ibm "as400". may be with ODBC? Please try to help me !!! Thank you in advance Regards Mauriv63 mauriv63@tin.it Maurizio Verdi wrote: > > Good Morning > Somebody know how the program "Filemaker" could be connected with ibm > "as400". may be with ODBC? You have got to be kidding... Actually, having a look at the iSeries (which are the latest as400s) it may be possible. But... OK, the as400 would need to have the Linux option running and then you can try and ...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for?
Had a good Christmas this weekend? I came across diskettes with "Mailmerge 3.0 and Calcstar version 1.45 for CP/M 8080", that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine. Besides a Mailmerge overlay and the Calcstar files, some CP/M and some CP/M-86 files, there are three files on the diskettes that I never have heard of before: Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS. There are no ASCII texts in PRMTVPVT.SYS. The only ASCII text in Z80.SYS (at the end of the file) is "EI SPHLDI XCHGPCHLXTHLRET HLT CMC STC CMA DAA RAR RAL RRC RLC NOP CPI ORI XRI ANI SBI IN SUI OUT ACI ADI CALLJMP LDA...

IBM AIX AWK and Case Insensitivity
I am running an awk on AIX, which unfortunately is not gawk. I am wondering if there is a way to simplify these expressions, since I cannot use the IGNORECASE=1 flag in this UNIX version of awk. awk '{gsub(/width|WIDTH/,""); print}' if ( ($0 ~ '/^[A-Z]/') || ($0 ~ '/^[a-z]/') ) { In article <0hg7d2-oq4.ln1@turf.turgidson.com>, Buck Turgidson <jc_va@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am running an awk on AIX, which unfortunately is not gawk. I am wondering >if there is a way to simplify these expressions, since I cannot use the >IGNORECASE=1...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS4...

Build a MISC IBM-compatible system?
The last time I looked at MISC processors, Jeff was sticking them in mouses and having a tough time convincing vendors of the potential. Why not just take it a step further, and enter the home/business computer market? Use the cheaper process to manufacture a chip with a few dozen of the same MISC die on them, create an on-chip "emulator" that will provide the same instruction set as an AMD Athlon XP or Intel Pentium 4, and plug this into a normal motherboard. Sure you still have to deal with the bloat of the motherboard, operating system and software - but it is a step in the rig...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivale...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Awk location: #!/bin/awk -f versus #!/usr/bin/awk
I am developing some AWK scripts, as usual, my first line is: #!/bin/awk -f This works on Linux system, bun on my Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), it should be: #!/usr/bin/awk -f Is there a way to create a script which works independently of where AWK is? Thanks. Hai Hai Vu wrote: > I am developing some AWK scripts, as usual, my first line is: > #!/bin/awk -f > > This works on Linux system, bun on my Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), it > should be: > #!/usr/bin/awk -f > > Is there a way to create a script which works independently of where > AWK is? Thanks. > Hai > Oft...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr?
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/2014 7:51 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: in 4 different threads > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > fileno() in not supported. Is it only in 3.1? What is the workaround? > io.UnsupportedOperation: fileno > How to give a file descriptor number to this function? How to get a file descriptor number? Satish, you are acting like the variety of troll called a Help Vampire. One of the symptoms is hogging the newsgroup by starting multiple threads a da...

"AWK" or "Awk" or "awk"?
How should one write the name of the slickest, best, text-massaging programing language, exactly, when referring to it in documentation? (And NO four letter words here, please. ;-) In the GAWK man page, "AWK" occurs 64 times, "awk" 10 times and "Awk" not at all. The system in the man page seems to be to use "AWK" for the abstract language, but "awk" to refer to the POSIX standard or any specific implementation of AWK which isn't GAWK. So, is it "AWK" or "Awk" or "awk", or is it really not that important? --...

Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice
While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or a subsidiary window. Opening a full screen VDOS, Win-3.1 or OS/2 window cured the bug. Mensys in *.nl agreed this was weird but said they'd heard of it before: IBM made a cods-up of the newer MOUSE.SYS and broke the support for serial mice; it seems too many people have gone over to PS/2 mice and their testing has gone lame. (IBM keep control of the source code, one learns, so only an idiot cou...

Microsoft uses IBM AS400's for development.
Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work space. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to fin...

SYS 3175 in new IBM WEB BROWSER in Messenger ..
First trap in released new IBM WEB BROWSER in messenger. Messenger reports need to renew message base in the MOZ server for the Preferences. Asks for permission to download 500 headers max. Tell it OK, then: 06-29-2003 14:39:32 SYS3175 PID 055e TID 0001 Slot 0093 D:\OS2WEB\OS2WEB.EXE c0000005 15a4a79b P1=00000001 P2=00000000 P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX EAX=00000000 EBX=00000000 ECX=0013f8fc EDX=11781a18 ESI=0013f9e0 EDI=0eef2a40 DS=0053 DSACC=f0f3 DSLIM=ffffffff ES=0053 ESACC=f0f3 ESLIM=ffffffff FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030 GS=0000 GSACC=**** GSLIM=******** CS:EIP=005b:15a4a79b CSACC=f0df CSLIM=ffffffff SS:ESP=0053:0013f8dc SSACC=f0f3 SSLIM=ffffffff EBP=0013f90c FLG=00212246 MSGDB.DLL 0001:0000a79b I have PDUMP short file if wanted .. -- --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;) Mike Luther ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? #2
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/14 7:54 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > You don't seem to be reading any of the responses you are getting. At the very least, you don't seem to be understanding them, or engaging with the authors. You are misbehaving on this list. Everyone else: I recommend that people stop responding. Satish seems unlikely to improve. -- Ned Batchelder, http://nedbatchelder.com ...

Auction: 41G3985, SYS BRD, 70-20 SHORT for IBM
>http://cgi.ebay.com/41G3985-SYS-BRD-70-20-SHORT-for-IBM_W0QQitemZ160040431333QQihZ006QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Oct-20-06 10:21:00 PDT ...

5 good reasons to prefer client-server or IBM AS400
Hello, there is somebody could help me to compare advantages and dis-advantages to buy and install an IT solution AS400 based against a Client-Server solution? Give me, please, 5 or more reasons to prefer AS400 instead a client-server solution. Many thanks in advance to all pma > Hello, > > there is somebody could help me to compare advantages and > dis-advantages to buy and install an IT solution AS400 based against > a Client-Server solution? > > Give me, please, 5 or more reasons to prefer AS400 instead a > client-server solution. > ...

Web resources about - awk - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

AWK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Brian Kernighan . The acronym is pronounced the same as the name of the bird, auk (which acts as an emblem of the language such as on The AWK ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: AWK - a-z of programming languages - Computerworld
Computer scientist and compiler expert Alfred V. Aho is a man at the forefront of computer science research. He has been involved in the development ...

Major Companies Hitting All-Time Highs! (AWK, AWR, BRK-B, UNP, HON, MMM, CELG, GOOG, CL, KMB, PG, CLX ...
Source: thewaltdisneycompany.comYou know it is a bull market when you see major household names hitting 52-week highs. Right now we have many ...

Awk Ward
Even the liberal Joe Scarborough cringes ( via ) at Romney’s ineptitude with crowds:

AWK:New York Stock Quote - American Water Works Co Inc - Bloomberg
Stock analysis for American Water Works Co Inc (AWK:New York) including stock price, stock chart, company news, key statistics, fundamentals ...

GNU Awk: This is Not Your Father's Awk
Awk's features have advanced considerably in the last decade such as the addition of a debugger and a profiler all without removing any of ...

What Is Awk? What Makes It A More Useful Utility Than Other Shell Utilities?
awk is a programming language optimized for text processing. It takes less code than sed or perl, where the input is field-based. bash and other ...

New York Fashion Weavz: Fashion's Night Awk
It is two nights ago—Wednesday, September 4, 2013—around 8:15 p.m. At this precise moment, you are enjoying yourself, conservatively, one thousand ...

利用 AWK 與 SORT 抓取欄位最大值
檔案中 第一欄為 Key, 第二欄為 Value, 要透過 Bash shell script 來計算列出 Key 與 最大值.

Zuck's So Awk On This Late Night Talk Show
Zuck's tour of the Red Menace just became zanier: after meeting with Russia's Prime Minister and giving him a t-shirt emblazoned with his Facebook... ...