Business Intelligence project with AS400 iSeries

I am working on a business intelligence/data warehouse project with a
customer that utilizes two key data sources to run their operations.
This is a nonprofit organization.  The two systems are:
1)  Fundraising system - Windows based, Microsoft SQL Server database
2)  Membership & Program system - AS400 based, iSeries

The goal of the project is to pull together data from these two
sources in the Windows based, SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI)
tool.  The BI tool has natural hooks into the Windows-based
fundraising system...so getting data from the fundraising system to
the data warehouse is a cinch.

Getting the Membership & Program data from the AS400 is proving to be
more difficult.  We have 7-10 files that need to be brought into the
data warehouse from the AS400 on a nightly basis. Looks like we have 3
primary options:

1) "Pull" initiated from the PC using Client Access.  Trouble is I
have not found a good way to set this as a scheduled job.  Seems like
it has to be initiated by an end user...which means it will have to
run in the morning, during heavy processing time, and will always be
subject to the end user initiating.  For a daily process this is
scary.

2)  Automated FTP "Push" from AS400 to PC.  Have found some
information on this.  Looks complex.  My concern is the AS400 IT staff
may not have the werewithall to configure this.

3)  Third party tools.  Have seen a tool called Slipstream that looks
promising.  Does anyone know any other third party tools for the AS400
that can schedule automated "push" of AS400 files to the PC?  How
about native IBM tools?  Disadvantage is this adds to the cost of the
project and I am not sure if the customer has the most up to date
hardware config to support these tools.

4)  Ideally, we would set the Business Intelligence tool to initiate
the "pull" directly from the 400.  Would be great if we could just
pull the files directly from the iSeries and not have to stage it over
to the PC first.  Can this be done using ODBC or some kind of
Microsoft SQL driver?

If anyone has any experience setting up BI/data warehouse projects
with an iSeries...Business Objects, Informatica, MicroStrategy or
others it would be great to hear from you.  Or if you can give advice
on best practice for moving files from the 400 to the PC in an
automated way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Mark

Comments in-line

In article <f590bb47.0406150510.18d6fa06@posting.google.com>,
mark.fetner@blackbaud.com says...
> I am working on a business intelligence/data warehouse project with a
> customer that utilizes two key data sources to run their operations.
> This is a nonprofit organization.  The two systems are:
> 1)  Fundraising system - Windows based, Microsoft SQL Server database
> 2)  Membership & Program system - AS400 based, iSeries
>
> The goal of the project is to pull together data from these two
> sources in the Windows based, SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI)
> tool.  The BI tool has natural hooks into the Windows-based
> fundraising system...so getting data from the fundraising system to
> the data warehouse is a cinch.
>
> Getting the Membership & Program data from the AS400 is proving to be
> more difficult.  We have 7-10 files that need to be brought into the
> data warehouse from the AS400 on a nightly basis. Looks like we have 3
> primary options:
>
> 1) "Pull" initiated from the PC using Client Access.  Trouble is I
> have not found a good way to set this as a scheduled job.  Seems like
> it has to be initiated by an end user...which means it will have to
> run in the morning, during heavy processing time, and will always be
> subject to the end user initiating.  For a daily process this is
> scary.

You can certainly automate CA file transfers.  Catch is that sine a user
isn't logged in, you'll nee to log one into the 400 before the
transfers.  To do this, use the CWBLOGON command.  From the user manual:
CWBLOGON  system   /u  userid   /p  password

> 2)  Automated FTP "Push" from AS400 to PC.  Have found some
> information on this.  Looks complex.  My concern is the AS400 IT staff
> may not have the werewithall to configure this.

Dude, you need new AS400 staff.  All it takes is a couple of OVRDBF
commands in a CLP program.  Plenty of examples in the archives for this
group.  Also look at the mailing list archives:
http://www.midrange.com/archives.htm

Granted, it's a little more work for error checking/robustness.  There's
some shareware/freeware out there that wraps the FTP in program/command
shell that throws exceptions like any other OS/400 command.  I use the
SNDFTPF command that is part of the RPGIVTOOLS from iSeries Network:
http://www.iseriesnetwork.com.  Also, if you have packed data in the
file, you might run into problems.  But again, plenty of info in the
various archives.

> 3)  Third party tools.  Have seen a tool called Slipstream that looks
> promising.  Does anyone know any other third party tools for the AS400
> that can schedule automated "push" of AS400 files to the PC?  How
> about native IBM tools?  Disadvantage is this adds to the cost of the
> project and I am not sure if the customer has the most up to date
> hardware config to support these tools.

Don't have any experience with third-party tools.  IBM has some
replication tools, but there overkill for what you want and pricey.  I'd
think you could say they same about most third-party replication tools.

> 4)  Ideally, we would set the Business Intelligence tool to initiate
> the "pull" directly from the 400.  Would be great if we could just
> pull the files directly from the iSeries and not have to stage it over
> to the PC first.  Can this be done using ODBC or some kind of
> Microsoft SQL driver?

Sure, CA includes a OBDC and ADO driver you should be able to use.
That's the way I'd go.  Check the PCs OBDC admin to see if the driver is
installed.  If not, you'll need to run the CA selective setup to add it.
Then just add a System DSN for the connection and use it.

This is the way I'd recommend you go.

> If anyone has any experience setting up BI/data warehouse projects
> with an iSeries...Business Objects, Informatica, MicroStrategy or
> others it would be great to hear from you.  Or if you can give advice
> on best practice for moving files from the 400 to the PC in an
> automated way.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

All the above assumes you're on a "modern" version of the OS.  FTP,
OBDC, were added back in the early 90's (?)  say v3 of the OS.  If
you're on v5 or even v4 it shouldn't be a problem.

HTH,
Charles
0
cwilt1 (190)
6/15/2004 5:26:11 PM
Mark,

I may be able to help you with a solution to your problem.  I can
write a program on the PC to transfer data from the AS400 without user
intervention.  You can then set up the program to run at a specific
time via the Windows Task Scheduler.

If you're interested, contact me at jtemple at yhti.net.

Jonas

mark.fetner@blackbaud.com (Mark Fetner) wrote in message news:<f590bb47.0406150510.18d6fa06@posting.google.com>...
> I am working on a business intelligence/data warehouse project with a
> customer that utilizes two key data sources to run their operations.
> This is a nonprofit organization.  The two systems are:
> 1)  Fundraising system - Windows based, Microsoft SQL Server database
> 2)  Membership & Program system - AS400 based, iSeries
>
> The goal of the project is to pull together data from these two
> sources in the Windows based, SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI)
> tool.  The BI tool has natural hooks into the Windows-based
> fundraising system...so getting data from the fundraising system to
> the data warehouse is a cinch.
>
> Getting the Membership & Program data from the AS400 is proving to be
> more difficult.  We have 7-10 files that need to be brought into the
> data warehouse from the AS400 on a nightly basis. Looks like we have 3
> primary options:
>
> 1) "Pull" initiated from the PC using Client Access.  Trouble is I
> have not found a good way to set this as a scheduled job.  Seems like
> it has to be initiated by an end user...which means it will have to
> run in the morning, during heavy processing time, and will always be
> subject to the end user initiating.  For a daily process this is
> scary.
>
> 2)  Automated FTP "Push" from AS400 to PC.  Have found some
> information on this.  Looks complex.  My concern is the AS400 IT staff
> may not have the werewithall to configure this.
>
> 3)  Third party tools.  Have seen a tool called Slipstream that looks
> promising.  Does anyone know any other third party tools for the AS400
> that can schedule automated "push" of AS400 files to the PC?  How
> about native IBM tools?  Disadvantage is this adds to the cost of the
> project and I am not sure if the customer has the most up to date
> hardware config to support these tools.
>
> 4)  Ideally, we would set the Business Intelligence tool to initiate
> the "pull" directly from the 400.  Would be great if we could just
> pull the files directly from the iSeries and not have to stage it over
> to the PC first.  Can this be done using ODBC or some kind of
> Microsoft SQL driver?
>
> If anyone has any experience setting up BI/data warehouse projects
> with an iSeries...Business Objects, Informatica, MicroStrategy or
> others it would be great to hear from you.  Or if you can give advice
> on best practice for moving files from the 400 to the PC in an
> automated way.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
0
jtemple (209)
6/15/2004 8:20:23 PM
The right way to go about this, IMO, is to use the already available SQL
server platform and features to pull the AS/400 info into one database on
SQL server.  Your BI tool will then only need to query against SQL Server
which should be simpler.

To do this, you need to install the Client Access ODBC driver on the SQL
Server.  After this is done, you can use an available server feature to
auto-schedule "DTS Jobs" (Data Transformation Services) to automatically
extract data from the AS/400, massage the data as necessary and load /
update into SQL Server tables.  These are built-in tools, and your
subsequent administration should be easier using the management facilities
on SQL Server.

"Mark Fetner" <mark.fetner@blackbaud.com> wrote in message
> I am working on a business intelligence/data warehouse project with a
> customer that utilizes two key data sources to run their operations.
> This is a nonprofit organization.  The two systems are:
> 1)  Fundraising system - Windows based, Microsoft SQL Server database
> 2)  Membership & Program system - AS400 based, iSeries
>
> The goal of the project is to pull together data from these two
> sources in the Windows based, SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI)
> tool.  The BI tool has natural hooks into the Windows-based
> fundraising system...so getting data from the fundraising system to
> the data warehouse is a cinch.
>
> Getting the Membership & Program data from the AS400 is proving to be
> more difficult.  We have 7-10 files that need to be brought into the
> data warehouse from the AS400 on a nightly basis.

0
sriram.na (13)
6/16/2004 4:30:50 AM
Sriram, Jonas and Charles.  Thanks to all three of you for the
BI tool is the way to go.  We'll try and set that up with the customer
and fall back to CA if necessary.

Thx!

Mark

"Sriram" <Sriram.NA@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:<caoie1$cro$1@ns1.fe.internet.bosch.com>...
> The right way to go about this, IMO, is to use the already available SQL
> server platform and features to pull the AS/400 info into one database on
> SQL server.  Your BI tool will then only need to query against SQL Server
> which should be simpler.
>
> To do this, you need to install the Client Access ODBC driver on the SQL
> Server.  After this is done, you can use an available server feature to
> auto-schedule "DTS Jobs" (Data Transformation Services) to automatically
> extract data from the AS/400, massage the data as necessary and load /
> update into SQL Server tables.  These are built-in tools, and your
> subsequent administration should be easier using the management facilities
> on SQL Server.
>
> "Mark Fetner" <mark.fetner@blackbaud.com> wrote in message
> > I am working on a business intelligence/data warehouse project with a
> > customer that utilizes two key data sources to run their operations.
> > This is a nonprofit organization.  The two systems are:
> > 1)  Fundraising system - Windows based, Microsoft SQL Server database
> > 2)  Membership & Program system - AS400 based, iSeries
> >
> > The goal of the project is to pull together data from these two
> > sources in the Windows based, SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI)
> > tool.  The BI tool has natural hooks into the Windows-based
> > fundraising system...so getting data from the fundraising system to
> > the data warehouse is a cinch.
> >
> > Getting the Membership & Program data from the AS400 is proving to be
> > more difficult.  We have 7-10 files that need to be brought into the
> > data warehouse from the AS400 on a nightly basis.

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

Iseries/AS400
Hi, What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access, instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall, then importing the data to Excel. Any help will be greatly appreciated. James Mos.StaLL@gmail.com writes: > What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in > Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access, > instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall, > then importing the data to Excel. Any help will be greatly > appreciated. The iSeries software package for your PC contains an ODBC-driver which Access should be able to use to do a remote connection. I believe that currently it is called "IBM iSeries Access for Windows". -- Thorbj�rn Ravn Andersen And if you have that software already installed, then you can select whatever columns and rows directly from Excel [under Data tab, Trsnsfer from iSeries to generate a .dtf] without first copying into tables in Access; i.e. no reason to add yet another query/copy when the intent was to eliminate that type of activity in the first place. Regards, Chuck -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever. Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote: > Mos.StaLL@gmail.com writes: > >> What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in >> Microsoft Access? My hope is to query informa...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Tifflib on Iseries / As400
I'm trying to use tifflib to convert TIFFs to PDF. It works fine, but the resulting image is scaled down on the page about half size. Does any one help me ?? Hi, Most likely the pdf document created by the conversion process you have outlined will end up as a raster image (dot pattern) at a fixed resolution (dots per inch or dots per centimeter). If the printing process you executed was not able to match the resolution of the pdf document and the resolution active within the printer, a higher resolution active within the printer (more dots per inch or centimeter than what was used in the pdf document) will cause the document to shrink as you have described. HTH Best Regards, /Paul -- Paul Tykodi Principal Consultant TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC E-mail: ptykodi@tykodi.com On 11 Mar 2005 23:49:53 -0800, gio.cot@virgilio.it wrote: >I'm trying to use tifflib to convert TIFFs to PDF. It works fine, but >the resulting image is scaled down on the page about half size. > > >Does any one help me ?? ...

DSKUSE in iSeries AS400
Hi, im new here, and im new on the system, i would like to ask on how to enroll libraries and objects in DSKUSE. any ideas? thank you.. ...

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the Unix, VAX/VMS and DOS, AS/400 is such = easy to be used to create application system. but now, Java on iSeries = is nightmare. Compare with Unix, Linux and Window platfrom. Websphere on = AS/400 has very low performance, It's very difficult to be install, Very = bad SQL/JDBC performance, to build application is as difficult as unix = and other open system, even more. Much expensive than unix, linux and = windows..... so Why user choose iSeries???? almost all my customer = complain as I said above everyday... Honestly If I was ordered to build = a web base application, I'd rather use Linux, but not OS/400! OS/400 can = not give me almost none benefit for Web Application! also AS/400 is not = a very good DB server too. Just wish I could install Linux and AIX on AS/400 box without the OS/400 = primary partition soon. And hope IBM sell the new box as cheaper as = pSeries (RS/6000).=...

PL/1 on the AS400 and iSeries
Can someone help? I want to take some mainframe PL/I code, port the code to iSeries,do a little re-engineering then compile and run it. Reuse of legacy software - great ! I know IBM no longer offer full support for PL/I on AS400/iSeries, however, I assume I can still get the compiler and associated software to allow me to do this exercise ? All answers gratefully accepted ! -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

ADO & the iseries AS400
Has anyone been able to get ADO working with IBM AS400? Yes, what OS version are you working with ? is you install client access the check the oledb drivers and voila example : METHOD ConnectToAs400() AS LONG PASCAL CLASS DB2file //p default connection to AS400 //s // try IF Empty(SELF:db2User) .and. Empty(SELF:db2Password) SELF:INloggen() ENDIF IF SELF:oConn == NULL_OBJECT // Set the default connection for better error reports SELF:oConn := AdoConnection{} SELF:oConn:ConnectionString := "Provider=ibmda400; Data Source=IPadress;Us...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

iSeries (AS400) IQ, and Exchange
I have a product on my iSeries box, IQ (Interactive Query) which can create PDF files of reports, and supposed to have the ability to e-mail them by relaying through our mail server, which is exchange. I can send those PDF files to any outside e-mail addresses (hotmail, gmail, etc) however if I send that same file to my internal address on our domain, the e-mail seems to just simply not get sent. The IQ support line says that since we can relay to a hotmail or gmail, the iSeries box is set up right. Question is, why is Exchange not sending the messages internally? Thx! Hmmmmm... I think I've seen this before, but I don't remember the exact cause. Try turning on SMTP journaling using CHGSMTPA JOURNAL(*YES) and then try sending a message to an internal address. You can then review the journal entries and possibly find a clue there. The system records various movements through Mail Server Framework and SMTP to a journal named QZMF, so you would use a command like: DSPJRN QZMF FROMTIME(031405 203000). I always enable SMTP journaling wherever I setup SMTP and just leave it on. The AS400 manages the journal receivers automatically, so unless you have an extremely high volume of SMTP traffic, it will be unobtrusive. One last thing that comes to mind is that the AS/400 may be resolving the local domain via the host table. Do a CFGTCP, option "10. Work with TCP/IP host table entries" and check if there is an entry with just your domain (no hostname). So if ...

Tcl/Tk on iSeries/AS400
I have spoken many AS400 users they want to modernisize their aplications without to install the GUI-part on the (fat) client. They wish to let the GUI part on the AS400 server and send the screen (GUI) to the client (like X-server). There is one solution in this art using Java on the AS400 server. Question: do you know somebody who is using Tcl/tk on this platform or do you mean it is a big job to transfer Tcl/Tk on this platform? Thanks -- Vaclav Snajdr The Wiki has AS400 info (under the title OS/400) at http://mini.net/tcl/9088 ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

AS400/iSeries jobs in Germany
I am looking for short-term as400/iSeries poistions in the north of Germany. Does anyone know good german jobsites specialised in ICT jobs? (website in german language is not a problem) Thanks in advance! ...

is AS400/iSeries going to die in Canada?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C42434.3851F0D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nobody wants to use Websphere, Linux, DB2 SQL/PL, Java, HATS, Webfacing, = Portal ... or other advanced technology on iSeries. looks AS/400 or = iSeries is going to die soon in Canada. how about it in United Status? = Why users refuse to used new technology? If you are using AIX, do you = still want to used COBOL? if not, why AS400 users are alway thinking = about RPG, RPG and RPG? RPG is over. iSeries is over too. IBM should = stop to support RPG in new OS/400 and force user to change to Java, = whatever on OS/400, AIX or Linux for iSeries. do you agree? IBM! stop to support RPG please. the old application just let it be, = Now, it's the time for revolution! We need a integrated Java application = server as same as RPG, DB2 on OS/400. =20 ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C42434.3851F0D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1252"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nobody...

Iseries/AS400 access to external databases
We have most of our data on Iseries and have that data accessible to external clients via ODBC, service programs, etc. However in some cases we have external data that is being used and maintained either in Microsoft Access Databases, MS-SQL servers, (I guess Oracle and MySQL might be other sources but not in our case). Is there any way to set up the Iseries so that it can treat that (external windows database) data as though it were local, in the same way that an external client can treat the AS400/Iseries data as though it were local. I have not seen the description or setup information for such a connection. It is sort of the opposite of what we normally need to do, but such an ability could prove very useful to us. Maybe I am missing something obvious. dwise wrote: > We have most of our data on Iseries and have that data accessible to > external clients via ODBC, service programs, etc. > > However in some cases we have external data that is being used and > maintained either in Microsoft Access Databases, MS-SQL servers, (I > guess Oracle and MySQL might be other sources but not in our case). > > Is there any way to set up the Iseries so that it can treat that > (external windows database) data as though it were local, in the same > way that an external client can treat the AS400/Iseries data as though > it were local. It is the responsibility of the database vendor to supply drivers for access. So, IBM supplies drivers for you...

Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400
Hi, I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage so far. Does anybody recognize this problem and is there a solution? Thanx Hi Willem Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations How do you want to connect it to your as400? (LAN/IP, par on Workstation, par on PC, Twinax ) Daniel On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de Weerdt) wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem >and is there a solution? > >Thanx Hi Daniel, I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port. Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer, without success. Well I think I tried everything possible. thanx Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>... > Hi Willem > > Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. > > Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 > Emulation for matrix printe...

AS400 iSeries Access ODBC Driver
I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - SQL system error". Can someone help me on this issue? Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver", version > 10.00.03.00, file CWBODBC.DLL to establish a connection to the AS400. > Then with the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I got the error > "ERROR [HY000] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0901 - > SQL system error". > > Can someone help me on this issue? > If the connection is successful, you may want to look at the job log on the server (iSeries), which often will contain more detailed information in the form of messages, if the failure is on the server. The server job will have a name of the form nnnnnn/QUSER/QZDASOINIT. On a 5250 ("green screen") command line after connecting from the client, try this to find the job: wrkactjob job(qzda*) Use option 5 (Work with), then option 10 (Display job log), then F10 (Display detailed messages). -- Karl Hanson Jean wrote: > I am working with VB.NET version 8 and AS400 (V5R3). > I used the ODBC client "iSeries Access ODBC Driver&...

Job
We are currently seeking an as/400 iseries developer a to work for a multi-billion dollar company in Minneapolis, MN. Skills Required: AS400 iSeries Development Experience RPG * SQL Server CL Programming Extras: Hawkeye, IFS, Native Paging, DB Management Concepts (triggers and contraints) or MQ experience a plus. B.S in Computer Science or MIS or other IT related For more info or if you would like to apply for this position please send your resume in confidence to jobs@executivetrackers.com or call (818)206-3474. Positions available: - AS/400 RPG Developer (MN) ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Web resources about - Business Intelligence project with AS400 iSeries - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Intelligence has been defined in many different ways such as in terms of one's capacity for logic , abstract thought , understanding , self-awareness ...

Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Intelligence has been defined in many different ways such as in terms of one's capacity for logic , abstract thought , understanding , self-awareness ...

President Donald Trump a bigger risk than Brexit, Economist Intelligence Unit says
A Donald Trump presidency is one of the top 10 risks facing the world, a leading research group says.

Think intelligence is fixed? You’re more likely to overestimate your own
There are at least two distinct ways to think about intelligence. Some people believe that intelligence is a fixed characteristic, something ...

Microsoft just launched an artificial intelligence bot for teens that has 'no chill'
... will chat all day. But users won't be speaking to a person, they'll be talking to "Tay," Microsoft's new bot that's powered by artificial intelligence. ...

Europe's intelligence woes revealed
Europe must improve the regional sharing of intelligence to successfully combat the rise of homegrown militants, policy experts told CNBC.

IDG Contributor Network: Big Four accounting firms delve into artificial intelligence
Interesting news last week from two of the Big Four global audit and accounting firms and a glimpse into the future of professional services. ...

CSO Threat Intelligence Survival Guide
... in security defenses, build the necessary processes to respond to attacks, and mitigate the risks of a breach they need to get threat intelligence ...

Dwayne Johnson And Kevin Hart's 'Central Intelligence' Could Be One Of 2016's Top Original Hits
Video This morning sees yet another high-profile trailer drop, this one presumably timed to mostly play in front of prints for Batman v Superman: ...

The Top 6 Questions To Succeed at Artificial Intelligence
You can't turn anywhere without bumping into artificial intelligence, machine learning, or cognitive computing jumping out at you. Our cars brake ...