C-port 2 as400

Greetings to all!

I need to evaluate the feasibility and efforts to port a
TCP/IP server-software to as400.
The server executes various programs, system and application, and
transmits the output of those programs to the clients.

I designed the SW for Unix and wrote it in C.
Currently this SW runs on Unix SVR4, UnixWare, SunSolaris and Linux, 32
and 64 bit Intel-machines.

I'm looking for appropriate documentation like
- AS400 network programming in C
- AS400 interprogramm communication in C
etc. etc.

Any pointers, hints and comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading
Wolf
0
ng-wg (145)

"Wolf Grossi" <ng-wg@magro-soft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings to all!
>
> I need to evaluate the feasibility and efforts to port a
> TCP/IP server-software to as400.
> The server executes various programs, system and application, and
> transmits the output of those programs to the clients.
>
> I designed the SW for Unix and wrote it in C.
> Currently this SW runs on Unix SVR4, UnixWare, SunSolaris and Linux,
> 32 and 64 bit Intel-machines.
>
> I'm looking for appropriate documentation like
> - AS400 network programming in C
> - AS400 interprogramm communication in C
> etc. etc.
>
> Any pointers, hints and comments are very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks for reading
> Wolf

Have you considered reading the manuals that are easily located on line

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm

0
scott1328 (345)
6/18/2005 1:59:18 PM

> Have you considered reading the manuals that are easily located on line
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm

Thanks Tim!
The link is apparently what I' was looking for.

Wolf
0
ng-wg (145)

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

C/C++ on as400 best tutorials
Hi, I'm looking for information on how to access database record files, and modify them using either SQl or raw access on the AS/400, however, I've found myself rather baffled by the lack of documentation, and google doesn't seem to help (me) much... anyone has info on this? Thanks in advance! fel wrote: > Hi, I'm looking for information on how to access database record > files, and modify them using either SQl or raw access on the AS/400, > however, I've found myself rather baffled by the lack of > documentation, and google doesn't seem to help (me) much... > > anyone has info on this? > Although not tutorials, these links may(?) help: Embedded SQL Programming http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/rzajp/rzajpkickoff.htm CLI API http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/cli/rzadpkickoff.htm C and C++ PDF docs (may want to download) http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/rzahg/rzahgcandcplus.htm (see ILE Concepts, ILE C/C++ Programmer's Guide) Porting Central https://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/porting/iseries/overview/portingtopics.html -- Karl Hanson fel wrote: > Hi, I'm looking for information on how to access database record > files, and modify them using either SQl or raw access on the AS/400, > however, I've found myself rather baffled by the lack of > documentation, and google doesn...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

2 C || ~ 2 C
Is there any aspect in language C, that you would change if you were to design that language today? I think it's a mature language and it doesn't need any refinement. What do you think? What about C99 contra C89? Is C language constantly evolving language? Where would you put the limit for the improvements for the language C? If it ain't broke, why fix it? Sorry for my broken English, I'm still learning. klaushuotari@gmail.com wrote, On 20/03/07 23:16: > Is there any aspect in language C, that you would change if you were > to design that language today? Yes. Several. ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX #2
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Python 2.3.2 on AIX5.1 with IBM C compiler
Has anyone successfully compiled Python in this configuration? I am trying to convince our Unix people to use Python, but they have been put off by the apparent difficulty to compile the previous version on their AIX machines. They are tempted to use Perl, just because it comes pre-compiled on their machines. I am not a Aix system engineer, but a happy Python programmer and I have offered them my help. My only try at compiling Python was on SUSE 8.2, and I have had absolutely no problems... I'd appreciate if somebody could point me to known issues regarding this. -PU In article <f0...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

as400 driver #2
Hi. Does the com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver driver that is part of JTOpen (http://jt400.sourceforge.net) works with db2 udb version 7 that is installed on windows 2000? I' m trying to access db2 from java aplication like this: Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"); Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400://hostname","user","password"); Statement statement = connection.createStatement(); ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("select * from tablename"); , and I get this ja...

P4 FSB a b c 2.8c 2.8b 2.4b 2.4c e.t.c. what does it mean? + list of p4 temps?
P4 FSB A B C 2.8c 2.8b 2.4b 2.4c e.t.c. what does it mean? as in, what does a b and c indicate? is it the case that for northwood core. b <-- 533 FSB c <-- 800 FSB the rest isn't so clear to me. Is there a reasonable list? I use the wikipedia microprocessor list (for p4) . But, it doesn't include the letters. is there another? Even when I type the model of a processor , like SL6PF in, it doesn't give me whether it's "b" or "c". And with that, is there a list of p4s and corresponding processor temperatures? thanks q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > P4 FSB A B C 2.8c 2.8b 2.4b 2.4c e.t.c. what does it mean? > > as in, what does a b and c indicate? > > is it the case that for northwood core. > b <-- 533 FSB > c <-- 800 FSB > > the rest isn't so clear to me. Is there a reasonable list? > > I use the wikipedia microprocessor list (for p4) . But, it doesn't > include the letters. is there another? > Even when I type the model of a processor , like SL6PF in, it doesn't > give me whether it's "b" or "c". > > > And with that, is there a list of p4s and corresponding processor > temperatures? > > thanks > Original Pentium 4 was Willamette (180nm). These were P4-1300 to P4-2000 and they all had 400MHz busses. They shrank the design to the next process (130nm) and called it Northwood. Northwood shipped P4-1600 ...

c++ to c #2
Hi, I have to convert a C++ program, not very complicated, to C. What is the best automatic approach appart from LLVL and Comeau ? Do you really know some more ? :) In article <ba6f271f-d73e-42c9-b530-279e34d6203c@s36g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>, Horacius ReX <horacius.rex@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have to convert a C++ program, not very complicated, to C. What is >the best automatic approach appart from LLVL and Comeau ? Do you >really know some more ? :) Hire a C programmer. It will make everyone's life easier if the C programmer you hire also understands ...

C++ or C# #2
Given the choice, for new development projects do people go for C#, or maybe something totally different? What is your personal choice? al.cpwn@gmail.com wrote: > Given the choice, for new development projects do people go for C#, or > maybe something totally different? What is your personal choice? > If you intend to stick with Windows development then C#, but if you may want to port your code to another OS then C++. If speed is not essential then Java is even better, being supported on lots of platforms with little or no code changes being required for it to work. Personally, I'm a C++ geek, so that's what I tend to use, even though variations in compiler support for the ANSII standard can cause problems. JB On 24 Mar 2006 05:07:44 -0800, al.cpwn@gmail.com wrote: >Given the choice, for new development projects do people go for C#, or >maybe something totally different? What is your personal choice? > Its more a question of platforms and libraries than languages. If you *must* be platform independent then C++ or even Java seems to be the only alternative. If you program only for Windows then you can use the .NET framework whisch is of great advantage. Whether you then use C++/CLI, C# or VB.NET is a matter of taste, although I prefer C#. I was a great supporter of C++ and used it for more than 20 years in nearly all of my projects. Although it is a mightier and better language than C# I do most of my work in C# today. After adapti...

Porting from C to C++
Hi all, I'm one of those wiz kids who knows a bit about all the main programming languages (C, C++, Java, PHP, Python, etc...) but none of them super good. I'm actually working as a software developer now, and am working with PHP, skills are much improved, and I'm going to school and learning Java, and doing C++ out of a bunch of books, mostly "Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours" which seems to be helping a lot. I've hopped on a few open source projects so that I can get exposure with the language and learn the problem solving by actually doing it. One of the firs...

C or C++ #2
if I need to write C++, I will be forced to learn C automatically? Since I saw many C++ code need to call C library also. Most program use a combination of C++ code and calling C functions. Then writting C++, I cannot avoid learning C right? * Carmen Sei: > if I need to write C++, I will be forced to learn C automatically? > > Since I saw many C++ code need to call C library also. > > Most program use a combination of C++ code and calling C functions. > > Then writting C++, I cannot avoid learning C right? You will learn some aspects of C. You will not learn C. C++ is a different language, and valid C code is seldom valid C++ code except where it's written to the common subset (e.g. in header files meant to work with both languages). For guidance about learning C++, see the FAQ. Cheers, & hth., - Alf On Apr 9, 12:31 pm, Carmen Sei <fatwallet...@yahoo.com> wrote: > if I need to write C++, I will be forced to learn C automatically? False > Since I saw many C++ code need to call C library also. If a C++ library calls a C function under the covers, it does not mean you need to know C. If _you_ call a C function than you might, but if a "C++ library" _forces_ you to call a C function, it is not a "C++ library" > Most program use a combination of C++ code and calling C functions. Really? how many years have you spent reading g the source code of every library in existence? Maybe you could say th...

RE: [Stackless] Stackless ported to 2.2.3 #2 #2
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C36B3B.C85D5C30 Content-Type: text/plain That did the trick. Thanks. Heng Sun Chao System Solution Testing Cognos Inc. 738-1338 x 5051 -----Original Message----- From: Christian Tismer [mailto:tismer@tismer.com] Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 2:26 PM To: Chao, Heng Sun Cc: Pythonistas; Stackless@tismer.com Subject: Re: [Stackless] Stackless ported to 2.2.3 Chao, Heng Sun wrote: > I did so. The help works fine. However, I remember there was some > variable I had to set to make the recursion work for 100000. Right now, > recursion dies at before 1000 depth. sys.setrecursionlimit is a standard Python function. ciao - chris -- Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:tismer@tismer.com> Mission Impossible 5oftware : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's Johannes-Niemeyer-Weg 9a : *Starship* http://starship.python.net/ 14109 Berlin : PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/ work +49 30 89 09 53 34 home +49 30 802 86 56 pager +49 173 24 18 776 PGP 0x57F3BF04 9064 F4E1 D754 C2FF 1619 305B C09C 5A3B 57F3 BF04 whom do you want to sponsor today? http://www.stackless.com/ Join us at Cognos' biggest event of the year Enterprise 2003, The Cognos Business Forum. Taking place in over 25 cities around the world, it's an opportunity for Busine...

SAS/C INTEROPERABLE WITH IBM C/C++
SAS/C INTEROPERABLE WITH IBM C/C++, WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES, DOES SAS/C PRODUCE SAME TYPE PERL EXTENSIONS AND INTEROPERATE WITH C MODULES THAT RESULT FROM COMPILATIONS USING LE ? IF I AM RUNNING IBM C, CAN I EASLY CONVERT TO SAS/C ? "kk" <kevin.walcott@mail.va.gov> writes: > SAS/C INTEROPERABLE WITH IBM C/C++, WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES, DOES > SAS/C PRODUCE SAME TYPE PERL EXTENSIONS AND INTEROPERATE WITH C MODULES > THAT RESULT FROM COMPILATIONS USING LE ? > IF I AM RUNNING IBM C, CAN I EASLY CONVERT TO SAS/C ? YOUR QUESTION IS OUTSIDE THE DOMAIN OF COMP.LANG.C,...

AS400 V4R4 with C-compiler
I am looking for an opportunity to compile C-code under V4R4. Thanks for every answer. -- Vaclav Snajdr V4R4 is no longer supported by IBM. Neither is V5R1. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com Tel: (952) 898-3038 Fax: (952) 898-1781 Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT "Vaclav Snajdr" <snajdr.vaclav@t-online.de> wrote in message news:eqkk82$ja3$03$1@news.t-online.com... >I am looking for an opportunity to compile C-code > under V4R4. > > Thanks for every answer. > > -- > Vaclav Snajdr > Or do you mean that it is possible to install the XYZ.SAVF from > V5R2 on a V4R4. No it's not possible. If you are on release V5R2, you can only down compile your sources to release V4R5 and install your software on an iSeries with Release V4R5. If you have access to a machine with release V5R1 or V4R5, you can install your environment there and down compile to release V4R4. In this way you can create a savefile stored for release V4R4, but this is the only way. Birgitta A company interested in our software (what is compiled with V5R2) wish to install on its V4R4. It is the reason we look for somebody with this version to recompile. Or do you mean that it is possible to install the XYZ.SAVF from V5R2 on a V4R4. Richard Schoen wrote: > V4R4 is no longer supported by IBM. Neither is V5R1. > > Regards, >...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

AS400 ODBC Port Number
Hi all, One of my application access AS400 data using ODBC, so l would like to know if there is any fix port opened by AS400 for ODBC (like telnet using port 23)? What's the port number? Thank you! Best Regrads, Yong Boon, Lim Dont see ODBC specifically listed, but here is a link to Client Access port usage: http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/acc12fda96496e4b8625668f007ab75f?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,firewall Paul Sullivan "Yong Boon, Lim" <y0ngb00n@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cp0uqs$e45$1@news5.jaring.my... > Hi all, > > One of my application access AS400 data using ODBC, so l would like to > know > if there is any fix port opened by > AS400 for ODBC (like telnet using port 23)? What's the port number? > > > > Thank you! > > Best Regrads, > Yong Boon, Lim > > 8471 ...

AS400 and SafeNet(Kisco) #2
Hi guys Is somebody uses such configuration????? Regards Skorek ...

AS400/ KRONOS/ CONTRACT #2
THOMAS GUGGER INDEPENDENT RECRUITER tgugger@sbcglobal.net 419-537-9447 AS400/ KRONOS/ CONTRACT/ 3 MONTHS We have a three month contract for an AS400 programmer with solid experience with KRONOS. This contract is in Kitchener, Canada, approximately 60 miles S.W. from Toronto. The contract requires a US Citizen, Canadian Citizen, or one currently living in Canada. This is a great place to spend the summer. We need a person with a good personality, trainer as well as setup, config and Customer RPG reporting. Ceridian or Lawson is a plus. This work is for a major Corporation. If you are interested and qualified please answer the five questions below. Email answers WITH a resume to tgugger@sbcglobal.net. 1.. AS400 experience --------------------yrs 2.. KRONOS experience ----------------yrs 3.. Ceridian or Lawson experience -----yrs 4.. Citizenship Status --------------------- 5.. Availability ---------------------------- -- TOM GUGGER INDEPENDENT RECRUITER tgugger@sbcglobal.net 419-537-9447 OFFICE 419-250-8853 CELL Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SP...

Web resources about - C-port 2 as400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Courtney Avila @ courtney_avila ...

Pragyan Acharya
Jump to Navigation AU EDITION - Monday, June 29, 2015 As of 5:52 AM AEST Subscribe AU Edition Australia Edition China Edition India Edition Italy ...

Nanigans Adds Two SVPs
... also worked with Hadapt (acquired by Teradata), Viridity Software (acquired by Schneider Electric), Revivio (acquired by Symantec ) and C-Port ...

WSJ: Samsung Galaxy S7 to have pressure-sensitive display, microSD slot
MicroSD card will reportedly return to the Galaxy S7 but not the Galaxy S7 Edge.

Big Problem Persists With The New Apple MacBook
... products. The word is out that the Apple MacBook has a problem. Engadget reports that the latest MacBook is equipped with just one USB C-port. ...

FIRST SUPPLEMENTAL AND AMENDED COMPLAINT against Robert Abbey, Minerals Management Service, Kenneth Lee ...
FIRST SUPPLEMENTAL AND AMENDED COMPLAINT against Robert Abbey, Minerals Management Service, Kenneth Lee Salazar and United States Department ...

Ashish Yadav, Author at MobiPicker
CLOSE Home Smartphones News Android News Reviews Mobile Phones Compare Phone Sign in / Join LOG IN REGISTER Welcome! Log into your account Forgot ...

Nantero-Board of Directors
Greg Schmergel Nantero's President and CEO (Chairman). OB Bilous, Lead Director OB Bilous was named Chairman of the International SEMATECH ...

Backed by $48M, startup Plexxi unveils SDN wares
SDN startup Plexxi this week unveiled its products, which attempt to re-engineer data center networks for new applications and cloud traffic ...

Management Team - Plexxi
Management Team From founder to finance, manufacturing to marketing, Plexxi’s management team has a rich history with networking and systems. ...