Cannot map a drive to QDLS anymore

Hi all,

There are a few users at my company that can't map a network drive in
Windows 2000 to QDLS anymore. I get the following error when I try the
NET USE command with their user ID:

C:\> net use z: \\10.1.1.1\qdls xxxx /user:bob
System error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied.

For one user, the problem went away when he changed his password. This
user has user class *SECOFR, and has all the other special authorities.
For the other users, who have user class *USER and special authority
*NONE, I have to assign the *ALLOBJ special authority to them for the
mapping to go through. After I remove the *ALLOBJ from them, the
problem returns.

There haven't been any changes to the AS/400 AFAIK, but since there a
few people with *ALLOBJ authority, I won't swear to it. The AS/400
Type-Model is 9406-825, and the OS is at v5r2m0.

I've searched extensively for a solution via Google, but I can't find
anything that's helpful. Has any of this ever occurred to you?

Best regards,

Miguel

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9173 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

What you may need to do is get into OpsNav, select Network, then Servers,
then TCP/IP and then right click on iSeries NetServer and select Disabled
UserID's, then select the userid in question and enable it. That's my first
idea on how to solve this problem.

0
mrkrabbs (10)
6/16/2005 6:00:13 PM
Hi MrKrabbs,

I already tried that: there were no disabled users. I also tried to
stop and start the NetServer, to no avail.

Regards,

Miguel

If they were disabled, changing the usrprf (like changing to and from
*ALLOBJ) would re-enable them. Check out the authority on the shared
directory using either OpsNav or GreenScreen. The fact that *ALLOBJ
cures it points to insufficient private or *PUBLIC rights on the actual
share..

--

<miguelvrolijk@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi MrKrabbs,
>
> I already tried that: there were no disabled users. I also tried to
> stop and start the NetServer, to no avail.
>
> Regards,
>
> Miguel

0
sorry4704 (378)
6/16/2005 7:44:03 PM
Hi Ren=E9,

This was a case of yours truly shooting himself in the foot. We have a
share called root, which maps to the root directory of the IFS. It had
public permissions, but some days ago I changed the permissions to
exclude everyone with the exception of some users, for security
reasons. Today I added the users who had the mapping problem, and now
they are able to map again. Duh!

Thank you and best regards,

Miguel

Map Drive in QDLS?
Hi, I need to map a network drive to a folder in the QDLS directory, however when I try to connect I get 'Access To Specified Share is Denied'. I have added the user to the access list, and given 'All' permissions! Can anyone help? I'm using CA v4r4 Cheers Ben Hi, The user needs to be defined in the system directory : WRKDIRE HTH -- Christian Gstalder "Ben Blackmore" <bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:4010db5f$0$23459$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > Hi, > > I need to map a network drive to a folder in the ...

Is there any module to map a network drive and remove a mapped network drive in perl
Is there any module to map a network drive and remove a mapped network drive in perl. I didn't get any in CPAN. Or is there any way to map and delete a network drive in perl. On Oct 22, 8:11 am, king <hara.acha...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any module to map a network drive and remove a mapped network > drive in perl. > > I didn't get any in CPAN. > > Or is there any way to map and delete a network drive in perl. Since you are talking about mapping a network drive, I am assuming you are on Windows. Using ActiveState? Take a look at the documentation for ...

Map a drive letter win98-As400
Hello, Does anyone know a solution to map a drive in windows 98 to an AS400-machine. It works with NET USE but the Novell server (no windows 2000) logon name and password has to be the same as the logon name and password on the AS400. I want to make mappings on a way that I can give in the username and password, just like NET USE and the switch USER. We still use Windows 98 on our clients so the switch USER is unavailable. Maybe there's another tool to make mappings? Like to hear from you. Thanks. ...

maps maps maps????
Argh!!!! What happened to transparency maps, reflection maps blah blah blah????? (I'm talking about viz renderer / autocad2004 adt). If you can't use transparency maps, then HTF do you create mesh objects (like a grill, railing, mesh with holes)? or even trees? Or 2D people? Billboard and stuff like that? Use the Cutout map under Special Effects. --- stefkeB --- "Henry" <abshhkc@bath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Xns942BB07D85A90abshhkcbathacuk@138.38.32.81... > Argh!!!! What happened to transparency maps, reflection maps blah blah > blah????...

The mapped network drive could not be connected to AS400 Folder
Hello. AS400/PC Networking We have a shared drive on our AS400. It was working for years without any problems. Drive: F Folder: \\SYSTEM01\QDLS\FGUS All of the sudden on Monday we started to get this massage(on all PC's that are trying to connect to any \\SYSTEM01\QDLS\..... folders: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error occurred: No more connections could be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as computer can accept." Based on my research on line this is a windows license issue. B...

Mapping a drive from win98 machine over frame relay to AS400.
Haveing issues with trying to map a drive to a AS400 based drive from a Windows 98 machine. The two are seperated by a 128k frame relay connection. I am pretty darn sure it is not a name resoution issues as I can ping both the IP address and the name of the server. Win2K is hosting my dns, and it is set up correctly. I have also put entries in the host and hosts.sam file on the windows 98 box. To make sure it was not the PC, I went to other win 98 machines at that location and experienced the same issue. The only thing I can figure is that it is a bandwidth issue? How can that be when I...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to fin...

Auction: IBM 6157-002 TAPE DRIVE FOR RS6000 and AS400 BACKUP
http://search.ebay.com/190099027288 End time: Apr-08-07 18:49:16 PDT ...

Walk in Drive in IBM Bangalore for AS400 Testers on 6 Jan 2011
Hi, Synova(End Client IBM) is looking for AS400 testers for Bangalore location. Note: 1) Those who can attend face to face interview with IBM on 6 Jan 2011 can submit their CV=92s 2) Those who appeared for IBM interview in the past 6 months will not be considered. Position: AS400 tester Date and time: 6th jan 2011 from 9.30 to 12.30 P.M Location: IBM , Bangalore Skills: AS400 Tester should have 3 + yrs of relevant experience. They should have Manuall testing, Basic Operations , knowledge of DB2 & SQL Candidate should able to do F2F on Thursday, should have excellent communication sk...

Drive mapping - Drive sharing
I'm new to networking and am trying to establish a P2P connection between my desktop and laptop using a cross-over cable. I read in these NG's about people " mapping " drives and setting up " drive sharing " . What is the difference between these two terms ? B.N. -- to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_" admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote: > I'm new to networking and am trying to establish a P2P connection > between my desktop and laptop using a cross-over cable. > > I read in these NG's about people " mapping " drives and setti...

Drive mapping - Drive sharing
I'm new to networking and am trying to establish a P2P connection between my desktop and laptop using a cross-over cable. I read in these NG's about people " mapping " drives and setting up " drive sharing " . What is the difference between these two terms ? B.N. -- to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_" admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote: > I'm new to networking and am trying to establish a P2P connection > between my desktop and laptop using a cross-over cable. > > I read in these NG's about people " mapping " drives and setti...

Hello all, I'm working on a program that needs to send a print job to a printer connected to an AS/400. I've tried using the SpooledFileOutputStream and I've also tried using one of the SCS Writer classes. Neither solution is working. With the SpooledFileOutputStream I am at least able to create my print file, but when my program ends, the file is still not being printed. This program does not run on the AS400, it runs on a PC and connects to the AS400 via the toolkit classes. I know this part works as I am able to use the toolkit to access Data Queues, Files and Data Areas witho...

Why is a local mapped drive much slower than the local drive itself
I've written some code with quite a lot of file access (open, put, get, close). I always tested my code on my local harddisk C: and it was quite fast. But yesterday I've tested my code with a mapped network drive Z: and the code is very slow (10 times slower, even if the mapped drive Z: is my local harddisk C:). I did a lot of testing and now I don't know what to do. Here is my test code: Option Explicit Private Type BINRecord MyValue As Integer MyString As String * 10 End Type Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim BINLoad_Save As BINRecord Dim Re...

A local mapped drive is much slower than the local drive itself
A bird in the hand... ...

Web resources about - Cannot map a drive to QDLS anymore - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

How Donald Trump Merely Reflects Our Potty-Mouth Culture
The coarser, meaner, keener political discourse of the 2016 primary season– embodied by Donald Trump’s frequent use of profanity on the campaign ...

Twitter’s Monthly Active User base shrunk in Q4
(credit: Shawn Campbell) Although Twitter posted revenue of $710.5 million (PDF) in the fourth quarter of 2015—a result that narrowly surpassed ...

Did the Supreme Court just undercut the Paris climate agreement?
When the Supreme Court put a temporary hold on the Clean Power Plan on Tuesday, it may have done more than just delay President Obama’s climate ...

Senate Approves Penalties for Aiding North Korean Nuclear Program
New York Times Senate Approves Penalties for Aiding North Korean Nuclear Program New York Times WASHINGTON — In an effort to derail North ...

Valentine’s Day 2016: Best Original And Last-Minute Gift Ideas For Your Wife Or Girlfriend
Valentine’s Day 2016 is nearly here, and men searching for a great original gift for the wife or girlfriend will have plenty of choices, from ...

'House of Cards' S4 trailer shows it has some intrigue left
While Netflix has already dropped a couple of teasers for the next season of its flagship series, the official House of Cards season four trailer ...

Justice Department Sues Ferguson For Changing It’s Mind On Police Reform
CNN reports, The U.S. Justice Department will sue the city of Ferguson, Missouri says Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Wednesday. The lawsuit ...

Congress vents economic anxiety at Yellen
"I feel like I’m at a ballroom dance on the deck of the Titanic," said Rep. Brad Sherman.

Kim Kardashian Look-Alike Sonia Ali Gets Selfie Requests- Check Out The Amazing Resemblance!
Kim Kardashian has another doppelganger out there and she’s getting photo requests from Keeping Up With The Kardashians fans. As US Weekly reports, ...

US regulator says Google car could be its own driver
The US agency in charge of highway safety thinks that the autonomous car built by Google-parent Alphabet could qualify as being its own driver. ...