Cannot map a drive to QDLS anymore

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all,

There are a few users at my company that can't map a network drive in
Windows 2000 to QDLS anymore. I get the following error when I try the
NET USE command with their user ID:

C:\> net use z: \\10.1.1.1\qdls xxxx /user:bob
System error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied.

For one user, the problem went away when he changed his password. This
user has user class *SECOFR, and has all the other special authorities.
For the other users, who have user class *USER and special authority
*NONE, I have to assign the *ALLOBJ special authority to them for the
mapping to go through. After I remove the *ALLOBJ from them, the
problem returns.

There haven't been any changes to the AS/400 AFAIK, but since there a
few people with *ALLOBJ authority, I won't swear to it. The AS/400
Type-Model is 9406-825, and the OS is at v5r2m0.

I've searched extensively for a solution via Google, but I can't find
anything that's helpful. Has any of this ever occurred to you?

Best regards,

Miguel

0
Reply miguelvrolijk (3) 6/16/2005 5:44:49 PM

See related articles to this posting

What you may need to do is get into OpsNav, select Network, then Servers,
then TCP/IP and then right click on iSeries NetServer and select Disabled
UserID's, then select the userid in question and enable it. That's my first
idea on how to solve this problem.

0
Reply mrkrabbs (10) 6/16/2005 6:00:13 PM

Hi MrKrabbs,

I already tried that: there were no disabled users. I also tried to
stop and start the NetServer, to no avail.

Regards,

Miguel

0
Reply miguelvrolijk (3) 6/16/2005 6:35:48 PM

If they were disabled, changing the usrprf (like changing to and from
*ALLOBJ) would re-enable them. Check out the authority on the shared
directory using either OpsNav or GreenScreen. The fact that *ALLOBJ
cures it points to insufficient private or *PUBLIC rights on the actual
share..

--

<miguelvrolijk@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi MrKrabbs,
>
> I already tried that: there were no disabled users. I also tried to
> stop and start the NetServer, to no avail.
>
> Regards,
>
> Miguel

0
Reply sorry4704 (378) 6/16/2005 7:44:03 PM

Hi Ren=E9,

This was a case of yours truly shooting himself in the foot. We have a
share called root, which maps to the root directory of the IFS. It had
public permissions, but some days ago I changed the permissions to
exclude everyone with the exception of some users, for security
reasons. Today I added the users who had the mapping problem, and now
they are able to map again. Duh!

Thank you and best regards,

Miguel

0
Reply miguelvrolijk (3) 6/17/2005 12:44:40 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9050 articles. 12 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Map Drive in QDLS?
Hi, I need to map a network drive to a folder in the QDLS directory, however when I try to connect I get 'Access To Specified Share is Denied'. I have added the user to the access list, and given 'All' permissions! Can anyone help? I'm using CA v4r4 Cheers Ben Hi, The user needs to be defined in the system directory : WRKDIRE HTH -- Christian Gstalder "Ben Blackmore" <bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:4010db5f$0$23459$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > Hi, > > I need to map a network drive to a folder in the ...

Is there any module to map a network drive and remove a mapped network drive in perl
Is there any module to map a network drive and remove a mapped network drive in perl. I didn't get any in CPAN. Or is there any way to map and delete a network drive in perl. On Oct 22, 8:11 am, king <hara.acha...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any module to map a network drive and remove a mapped network > drive in perl. > > I didn't get any in CPAN. > > Or is there any way to map and delete a network drive in perl. Since you are talking about mapping a network drive, I am assuming you are on Windows. Using ActiveState? Take a look at the documentation for ...

Drive mapping - Drive sharing
I'm new to networking and am trying to establish a P2P connection between my desktop and laptop using a cross-over cable. I read in these NG's about people " mapping " drives and setting up " drive sharing " . What is the difference between these two terms ? B.N. -- to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_" admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote: > I'm new to networking and am trying to establish a P2P connection > between my desktop and laptop using a cross-over cable. > > I read in these NG's about people " mapping " drives and setti...

Drive mapping - Drive sharing
I'm new to networking and am trying to establish a P2P connection between my desktop and laptop using a cross-over cable. I read in these NG's about people " mapping " drives and setting up " drive sharing " . What is the difference between these two terms ? B.N. -- to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_" admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote: > I'm new to networking and am trying to establish a P2P connection > between my desktop and laptop using a cross-over cable. > > I read in these NG's about people " mapping " drives and setti...

A local mapped drive is much slower than the local drive itself
A bird in the hand... ...

Why is a local mapped drive much slower than the local drive itself
I've written some code with quite a lot of file access (open, put, get, close). I always tested my code on my local harddisk C: and it was quite fast. But yesterday I've tested my code with a mapped network drive Z: and the code is very slow (10 times slower, even if the mapped drive Z: is my local harddisk C:). I did a lot of testing and now I don't know what to do. Here is my test code: Option Explicit Private Type BINRecord MyValue As Integer MyString As String * 10 End Type Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim BINLoad_Save As BINRecord Dim Re...

Mapping Drives
Hi About mapping to network drives - I would think one should not map to anything below G: D; E: and F: may be available at the time you want to map something and then someone adds another harddrive and then a D Writer etc. Or I am the programmer on a site - I arrive there with my removable harddrive - put it in and reboot - my drive now becomes D: - but they had something mapped to D: nobody knows who did it and why or if the mapping is important. I am only a consultant and not their hardware expert - and he comes on to site even less than I do?? I am 75 kilometers away from the client - it ...

Mapping Drives
First of all here is my setup: Host: XP Pro (connects to internet + Firewall) Computer 1: XP Pro, (client to host) Computer 2 ME, (Client to host) Computer 3 NT4SP2 (Client to host) Computer 4 98SE (Client to host) All computers connect to the host via a 10/100 hub and all work perfectly. What I would like to know is if i map drives to and from the 4 client computers to each other but i dont map the host computer if some one does manage to get thru the firewall will they be able to access the other computers and will a virus be able to transfer itself around the network On Thu, 18 Dec...

Why is a local mapped drive much slower than the local drive itself #3
Thanks a lot for your repy. I guess I have to live with it :-( However, I'm still wondering that a network drive which points to a local drive is about 10 times slower than the local drive itself. Is this really normal? If I use the network drive instead of the local drive, the tool 'File Monitor' shows that the file 'C:\WINNT\CSC\00000001' quite often gets accessed. Is that normal? Stefan "Michael B. Johnson" <mjohnson@veribox.net> wrote in message news:j3odb1p1ir3l305t8usphsrugfm2djver4@4ax.com... > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:51:57 +0200, in comp.lang.b...

how to map a drive
Hi, Can anyone let me know that how to map the pd drive on as400 server. One of my team mate at offsite is not able to map the drive of PC on as400. Would be grateful to you for this. ...

Why is a local mapped drive much slower than the local drive itself #2
> > My guess is that the code reading/writing to the C: drive doesn't have to > go > through the network redirector like the Z: drive does. Even though the Z: > drive > is a local share, the redirector still has to mediate the requests, > because the ...

map a drive
Hi, I need to map a drive on as400.I heard that we can do it by net use command. Anyone have done mapping please help. Royyyyy You'll need to configure and start NetServer and then use it to configure file shares. You'll use Operations Navigator/iSeries Navigator (same thing but the name was changed). Expand the options for the system you want to add the share to and then click on "File Systems". In the bottom pane, you'll see a task called "Manage AS/400 NetServer shares" (this name may vary a little). This will pop-up a window that you use to configure Net...

Drive mapping
1. Is it possible to map to a floppy drive on a Netware Server box? 2. I'm having trouble getting a printer to work via a print queue with the printer attached to the parallel port of the server. I've run pserver.nlm (which I am informed loads nprinter as well). The printer works fine and is accessible from the network when attached to a W98 PC (after running nptw95.exe of course :)) Help appreciated -- RJ rij@melbpc.org.au 1. No. 2. You did not say which version of NetWare you were using, but if the printer is attached to the server, you must define the prin...

Mapping Drives
First of all here is my setup: Host: XP Pro (connects to internet + Firewall) Computer 1: XP Pro, (client to host) Computer 2 ME, (Client to host) Computer 3 NT4SP2 (Client to host) Computer 4 98SE (Client to host) All computers connect to the host via a 10/100 hub and all work perfectly. What I would like to know is if i map drives to and from the 4 client computers to each other but i dont map the host computer if some one does manage to get thru the firewall will they be able to access the other computers and will a virus be able to transfer itself around the network On Thu, 18 Dec...

Map Drive
My terminal having Windows98 CE from my terminal i want to map a drive which having OS windows2000 server and we are in same network group.But when i am going to map with that server it is deny me and massage is coming that the drive name is invalid where from oter computer it is mapped by same user name and password with same Driver name. In my terminal(win98 CE) i have a user name as same as server user name. Please send me solution of it Thanx Biswajit Barik I...

map drive
i have a small network, 5 pc's. when in word/excel i can navigate to network drives & directories, but if i try to map a network drive, it says 'general network error when trying to map drive' any ideas what this means? roy -- I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry. Visit my site www.roycollingwood.co.uk ...

How to map DLT Tape drive as drive letter (Tapedisk, DATMAN, DTA)?
Hi there, is there a possibility to map a DLT drive as a drive letter. Something like Arcada Tapedisk, DATMAN or Veritas Direct Tape Access. These products seem outdated and not available anymore. Is there any recent Software available? Thanks. Software companes have gone away from emulating disk drives with tapes. The performance is horrible, and you can't emulate a real disk, just something that resembles a WORM drive. Users tend to forget the limitations and support becomes a nightmare. To do it properly, you have to combine disk and tape and create a HSM, which is a di...

Re: Linux hard drive sequence (/hdx drive mappings) Question clarification
On 2005-07-06, CBFalconer <cbfalconer@yahoo.com> wrote: > > You may have only two primary partitions, and two extended ones. > Each extended one can contain 4 subsidiary partitions, for a total > of 10 partitions. Dos/windoze won't use this configuration. > > disk--->table-+-->pri-1 > +-->pri-2 > +-->ext-3-+->sub-5 > | +->sub-6 > | +->sub-7 > | +->sub-8 > | > +-->ex...

Mapped Network Drives, USB Hard drives and "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"
Someone might find the following useful... I've got two WinXP Pro PC on a 100base10 LAN and no server. Call them PC1 and PC2. I have "Mapped Network Drives" set up in both directions that have worked well for some time. Today I connected a new USB 2.0 External HD to PC1 and tried to set up a "Mapped Network Drive" on PC2 to allow access. I kept getting the error: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command". I searching for this in the Help and Support System but got no hits. Google found this thread "in another place&q...

question about mapped drives
what happens when you accidentally "clear out all windows mapped drives"? "citizen" <FlammesSombres@gmail.com> writes: >what happens when you accidentally "clear out all windows mapped >drives"? No idea what you are talking about. Perhaps a more detailed question would help. Using the Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta version, I was clearing out temporary files to free up disk space. However, I ended up clicking on a button that Microsoft termed "clears out all windows mapped drives." It also went on to describe the function as "not rec...

Drive Mapping over Inet
Hello, The problem i have is i need to be able to setup a File sharing mechanism between two Win'98 computers( or LANs ) over the internet with ability of mapping a share as a local drive. I assume i couldn't setup regular Windows File Sharing (SMB) for this purpose. Any ideas? Thank you, Andrey MuZZy wrote: > Hello, > > The problem i have is i need to be able to setup a File sharing > mechanism between two Win'98 computers( or LANs ) over the internet > with ability of mapping a share as a local drive. > I assume i couldn't setup regular Windows File S...

Drive mapping problem
I have two computers on a home network. One is a desktop running Win XP SP-1, the second is a laptop also running Win XP(SP-2). Within My Network Places both computers "see" each other. I have set up some shared files on each computer. I can use the desktop to map a folder on the laptop with no problems but I can't get it to work the other way. When I try to map one of the shared folders on my desktop to the laptop I get the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because of the following error occured: Not enough server storage is available to proce...

PCCMD and Mapped Drive
I run a CLP daily that creates a series of savf's and then FTP's them up to our network file server. The CLP then runs the STRPCCMD that calls a .bat file on the server that will zip up these savf's. The STRPCCMD is hard-coded in the CL as STRPCCMD PCCMD(H:\ZIPSAVF.bat) because I have the H: drive mapped on my PC workstation. Now there will be other people running this CL program and they may or may not have the network drive mapped, or have a diff drive letter. How can I code the STRPCCMD to run the ZIPSAVF.bat program without specifying a drive letter??? I can't use the RUNRM...

how to map a drive #2
Hi, Can anyone let me know that how to map the pc drive on as400 server. One of my team mate at offsite is not able to map the drive of PC on as400. Would be grateful to you for this. Also if possible please let me know how to map the folder on as400 server also. ...