Configuration Modem Problem

Hye,
We have a new as400, with 2 modems :
    - Internal
    - External

the external go well

but we can't configue a profil off RAS PPP on the internal, when we want to
see the properties of  the connexion ops nav says that no modem to do PPP is
installed

in the communication ressources we have :
    Cmb01                MFIO process
        Lin01
            Cmn01        Communication Port
            Cmn02        Port V.24
    Cmb03
        Lin03
            Cmn04          Ethernet
    Cmb04
        Lin02
            Cmn03        Token ring

i think it's here something wrong , but what ?

thanks for your help

0
Eric2638 (10)

Hi

Just load the latest Client Access Servicepack and you will see them.

 Good Luck
Marcel

"EB" <Eric@NOPUB.com> schreef in bericht
> Hye,
> We have a new as400, with 2 modems :
>     - Internal
>     - External
>
> the external go well
>
> but we can't configue a profil off RAS PPP on the internal, when we want
> see the properties of  the connexion ops nav says that no modem to do PPP
is
> installed
>
> in the communication ressources we have :
>     Cmb01                MFIO process
>         Lin01
>             Cmn01        Communication Port
>             Cmn02        Port V.24
>     Cmb03
>         Lin03
>             Cmn04          Ethernet
>     Cmb04
>         Lin02
>             Cmn03        Token ring
>
> i think it's here something wrong , but what ?
>

> thanks for your help

Problem configuring modem profile
Hi I've an Hamlet Skuba Pro 56k serial modem, and I need to configure it for auto answering, so... ATS0=2 enables the auto answering AT&W (or AT&W0) writes the new setting in the nvram profile The profile is written correctly (verified with AT&V), but it's not loaded when the modem starts; I always find the factory settings. If I force it with ATZ (or ATZ0) it's ok, but it lose modified profile when resetting. I cannot send an init string every time because the modem will not be connected to a PC, but to a router. I've tried the ATY0 command (not document...

modem to modem game problems
Trying to play Ghost Recon with two players I am in Massachusetts on a DSL and trying to play a person in Las vegas. No luck connecting so far. I am on a Mac them on a PC,. Both versions 1.4 Both of these games are new. They are putting my IP in the internet not LAN and doing join game.... I waited a few w/ no connections I did not have the game going I was at the screen were the ready button is waiting for their name to appear Both computers are set to port 2346 and no Firewalls are set up on either computers. I set the game up for 2 players Anyone hav...

Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice
While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or a subsidiary window. Opening a full screen VDOS, Win-3.1 or OS/2 window cured the bug. Mensys in *.nl agreed this was weird but said they'd heard of it before: IBM made a cods-up of the newer MOUSE.SYS and broke the support for serial mice; it seems too many people have gone over to PS/2 mice and their testing has gone lame. (IBM keep control of the source code, one learns, so only an idiot could blame this on the eCS folks.) The best fix Mensys can offer, lacking a rush of code-fixing keenness by IBM, is to see something gets done for the next installer refresh, to install the appropriate version of MOUSE.SYS. The fix in my case was to copy the MOUSE.SYS from CD:\ECS\BOOT to OS:\OS2\BOOT then reboot. All is happy now. I must say eCS, at version 1.2, is starting to leave Warp 4.52 in the dust with its general improvements. (Many are non-obvious.) And the new installer continues to be a great help. -- Andrew Stephenson Andrew Stephenson schrieb: > > While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd > problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine > except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or > a subsidiary window. Opening a full screen VDOS, Win-3.1 or OS/2 > window cured the bug. > ...

A modem problem about Intel 536ep Modem
from Intel ftp Intel536-460.tar [root@localhost Intel536-460]# make clean cd coredrv; make clean make[1]: Entering directory `/root/modem/Intel536-460/coredrv' rm -f *.o *~ core make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/modem/Intel536-460/coredrv' cd serialdrv; make clean make[1]: Entering directory `/root/modem/Intel536-460/serialdrv' rm -f *.o *~ core make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/modem/Intel536-460/serialdrv' rm -f *.o rm -f *.o [root@localhost Intel536-460]# make 536ep Module precompile check Current running kernel is: 2.4.20-8 /lib/modules... autoconf.h exis...

BIG PROBLEM : Configuration Boot Problem Stratix
hi, we've got some Stratix DSP development kit EP1S25 where at the power-on don't load the flash memory to the FPGA !!! We've seen that the EPLD MAX 7064 often fail the programmation of the FPGA... We've seen that the RESET of this EPLD is in the same time that the 3.3 V power-on... Did someone have this this problem yet... and how to boot at any time on power-on ? Perhaps it's be better if the RESET is after the 3.3V power-on ? We utilizes 3 board in a big system and we have this problem now of non programming at boot.. Thanks "Patrick" <patrick.melet...

problem with reload(sys) (doing reload on the sys module)
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information. **************************************************************** Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback interface. This connection is not visible on any external interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet. **************************************************************** IDLE 1.1.2 >&g...

Ethernet, USB-modem, Ethernet-modem and lotsa problems
This will be a pretty extensive post. Sorry, but I think you might want all details: My bro has a G4 AGP (Sawtooth), 350Mhz and Mac OS10.2.8. We have tried to connect to his new DSL provider with a D-Link DSL 300G. The connection is OK, since the ISP has pinged, and he gets responses from the modem. But there's no way in hell to make the machine to connect to the modem. In the preferences, everything is configured OK: PPPoE, correct username/password. Appletalk has been both on and off. We have tried connecting to the modem via a browser and address 198...something.0.1 (can't...

fs: modems, modems, modems
1 - GlobalVillage Teleport 56 Fax/Modem (A824) w/ AC - $15 1 - GlobalVillage Teleport Platinum 33.6 Fax/Modem (A812) w/AC - $10 1 - GlobalVillage AC adapter (P/N 43-1125) - $5 4 - GlobalVillage PowerPort Gold PC Card 14.4 Fax/Modem with dongle - $5 each 1 - GlobalVillage dongle - $5 1 - GlobalVillage GlobalFax v.2.5.7install floppies with printed manual - $5 Please add $5 for USPS Priority shipping, I can combine multiple items for cheaper shipping. Cash, money orders & personal checks accepted, item will ship next business day following receipt of payment. Sorry, no cred...

./configure problem
uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux ------------------------ from /var/log/boot.log OS Kernel: Linux version 2.4.18-14 (bhcompile@stripples.devel.redhat.com) (gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)) ------------------------- I am running RedHat 9.0 on my laptop Pentium II And I have the following problem when I try to install ruby 1.8.1. /configure checking build system type... Invalid configuration `i686-pc-linux-oldld': machine `i686-pc-linux' not recognized configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub i686-pc...

configuration problem
Hello, I am trying to learn pascal and I downloaded the IDEnvironment Dev-Pascal. When I start a new project and try to compile, I always get the message: Resource File. Icon file not found(please change it in Project Options). And I think that I have not done the configuration right. What do I need to do, so I can compile programs? Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you in advance... On 14 Sep 2004 11:58:19 -0700, evanthh@yahoo.com (evanthh) wrote: >Hello, >I am trying to learn pascal and I downloaded the IDEnvironment >Dev-Pascal. >When I start a new project and try to compile, I always get the >message: Resource File. Icon file not found(please change it in >Project Options). >And I think that I have not done the configuration right. >What do I need to do, so I can compile programs? >Can anyone give me some advice? >Thank you in advance... This is because you haven't specified a resource file. These files contain menus, accelerators, copyright information, icons, etc. They are tacked onto the end of every windows program. You *can* turn the feature off, but then you will have to hard code all your menus and such... not fun. To create a resource file you need a resource compiler. The best of these is GO-RC which can be obtained from http://www.jorgon.freeserve.co.uk/ (Second item on the list.) To use GO-RC you must create a text file with at least the application's icon in it. The GO-RC help file explains the format ...

configuration problem
Hi, my VHDL compiler gives the following error message: ** Error: TB_gray_counter.vhd(125): (vcom-1002) Generic 'size' in component 'gray_counter' does not exist in entity 'gray_counter'. ** Error: TB_gray_counter.vhd(125): (vcom-1002) Generic 'reset_active' in component 'gray_counter' does not exist in entity 'gray_counter'. I've no idea what he want - I'm helpless :( Maybe I'm blind? Attached the relevant code. Thanks Olaf -- vmap work design_library entity gray_counter is generic ( SIZE : Positive range 2 to...

Problem with configure
Hi, I'm new to building software on Macs. In fact, this question is about building on someone else's Mac, because I don't normally have access to one. I have a software package written in C and built with the standard GNU make utilities. It compiles and links on GNU/Linux. When I tried to compile the package on OS X after a ./configure, it won't go looking for include files in /sw/include. Is there something special I need to do within my makefiles to automagically force the compiler to look in /sw/include - and, looking ahead, to pick up libraries in /sw/lib? Thanks! C Chris Roat wrote: > I'm new to building software on Macs. In fact, this question is about > building on someone else's Mac, because I don't normally have access to > one. I have a software package written in C and built with the > standard GNU make utilities. It compiles and links on GNU/Linux. When > I tried to compile the package on OS X after a ./configure, it won't go > looking for include files in /sw/include. Is there something special I > need to do within my makefiles to automagically force the compiler to > look in /sw/include - and, looking ahead, to pick up libraries in > /sw/lib? > This is really a subject for one of the Mac coding groups (follow-up set) but the Gnu compiler that is on OS X has a pretty restrictive include and library path. Certainly /sw will not be there unless you deliberately set some environment va...

configure problems
hi all: My appologies for such a newbie questin, but, I'm not familiar with this topic enough.. Iv just upgraded my linux - acctually reinstalled on new system - version 9. Now, back in ver 7, I was simply able to run "configure" to setup new apps such as qpopper... now in ver 9, configure seems to be missing... i.e. $configure configure: command not found. is it hidding somewhere? any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks Richard Hello Morrison (<lycergic2003@hotmail.com>) wrote: > My appologies for such a newbie questin, but, I'm not familiar with > this topic enough.. Iv just upgraded my linux - acctually reinstalled > on new system - version 9. That version is actually quite old already. Is there still support for RH9? Maybe you want to switch to Fedora Core 2 or 3. > Now, back in ver 7, I was simply able to > run "configure" to setup new apps such as qpopper... > now in ver 9, configure seems to be missing... i.e. $configure > configure: command not found. > > is it hidding somewhere? any help would be greatly appriciated. configure is not a system program, it comes with the source code. You should be able to call it using ../configure (perhaps the current directory is not in the PATH). Maybe the source code does not have a configure script. Check the documentation, like the README and/or INSTALL files. best regards Andreas Janssen ...

Configuration Problems
Hi, I'm trying to perform SSH authentication using Kerberos but I am a beginner. The steps I followed are those in this guide: http://www.visolve.com/security/ssh_kerberos.php#Configuring_the_Kerberos_environment but I definitely made some wrong step and I can not understand where. My lab is composed of : server KDC realm.sso1.sociale.it 10.43.165.10 server SSH ldap2.sso1.sociale.it 10.43.165.36 client SSH my machine MacOSX 10.43.130.100 servers are both on the DNS. ############################################### On server KDC: cat /etc/krb5.conf [logging] default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmind.log [libdefaults] default_realm = REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT default_keytab_name = FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab dns_lookup_realm = false dns_lookup_kdc = false ticket_lifetime = 24h forwardable = yes [realms] REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT = { kdc = realm.sso1.sociale.it:88 admin_server = realm.sso1.sociale.it:749 default_domain = sso1.sociale.it } [domain_realm] realm.sso1.sociale.it = REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT [kdc] profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf [appdefaults] pam = { debug = false ticket_lifetime = 36000 renew_lifetime = 36000 forwardable = true krb4_convert = false } ------------------------------------------------------- kadmin: listprincs K/M@REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT admin/admin@REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT host/ldap2.sso1.sociale.it@REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT...

Modem problem
Hello! I'm having a problem with my modem using Win2000, latest SP. It connects nicely, and initially the speed is OK. I start downloading a big file. After a while though, the speed starts decreasing gradually until it's super slow - maybe 1 KB/s. When I open the Connection Status dialog, I can see that it's _sending_ data as crazy, but receiving almost nothing. Even though all I'm doing is downloading this file. Has anyone seen this? I don't know where to start looking: Driver problems, virus, bad phone line, modem settings... what?? Thanks, Micke ...

modem problem
i have a hp laptop running windows xp and have a problem with the internal modem when i go to device manager it reports that the modem is installed correctly - and when i test the modem it responds ok, but when i try to connect to the internet i get a no dial tone response i have tried different phone lines, different internet accounts and different phone cables but with the same response - i have also installed an external modem and this works fine with the different phone lines, internet accounts and phone cables is it possible that the socket where you plug in the phone cable is damaged which means that as far as the computer is concerned the modem is functioning ok? any help would be much appreciated andrew ...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

Modem configuration:
I have a Hayes Accura v.92 PCI modem that I purchased about a year and a half ago for my Tyan S2462, because an existing modem in my possession which I had tried to bring onto that motherboard (from an old FIC K6-2 box) kept hanging up. So I decided to spend a little money. And it works great on my Win 2000 system. I'm aware that a lot of people consider PCI modems to be a lost cause on Linux, though. ISA cards and external serial components appear to offer the least resistance to successfully getting a dial tone from the screen, at least for a 56K POTS connection. There are some who ...

IBM AS400

./configure problem
hi! I'm trying to compile karamba for a rh8.0, but ./configure gives this error: configure:21805: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation! For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log. Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support! I do have these lib in /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib. All paths are ok. What's going on? Why doesen't it find them? Thanx! On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:07:28 +0000, tudor wrote: > hi! > I'm trying to compile karamba for a rh8.0, but ./configure gives this error: > > configure:21805: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not found. Please > check your installation! > For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log. > Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support! > > I do have these lib in /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib. All paths are ok. > > What's going on? Why doesen't it find them? Perhaps because you did not specify --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt-3.1?? Try ./configure --help tudor wrote: > I'm trying to compile karamba for a rh8.0, but ./configure gives this > error: > > configure:21805: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not found. Please > check your installation! > For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log. > Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support! So did you look into the config.log ? Most likely you will find the cause o...

Modem Problem
For the last couple weeks I've been having trouble with my modem disconecting. When I'm connected its fine but It will only stay on for about 10 minuts then it will dissconect and it will keep saying "Dissonecting" until I restart my comp. Is there something wrong with my modem? What should I do about this problem? Thanks, Shaun. >For the last couple weeks I've been having trouble with my modem >disconnecting. When I'm connected its fine but It will only stay on for >about 10 minutes then it will disconnect and it will keep saying >"Disconnecting&qu...

Modem problem?
Hello, I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router running with an RCA cable modem. All was well for many months and all of a sudden there was no connectivity. I removed the power from both router and modem to re-sync them. The lights appear to be working as usual but still no connectivity. However, everything works perfectly when the modem is connected directly to the computer. Does anyone know what I might try to get the router working again? Thanks a lot, Bob Try a hard reset. Hold the reset button in for a minute or so, and it will reset to factory defaults. Plug everythin...

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.
Hi guys. I am trying to configure gcc. But getting the problem mentioned below. -desktop:~$ /home/nitin/gcc-4.2.4/configure loading cache ./config.cache checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether ln works... yes checking whether ln -s works... yes checking for gcc... gcc checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables. Although this problem has been posted by many users, I am yet to find its solution. What can be the way out ? The gcc is already installed , but its for native machines only. I have to install it as cross compiler for ARM. Do I need to remove the already installed native gcc ? Thanks. You must also install gcc for a build machine. With it you compile new version of gcc. You can not use cross compiler to build runnable executable on build machine (or may be you wont canadian cross http://www.airs.com/ian/configure/configure_6.html ?). Oleksandr Gavenko wrote: > You must also install gcc for a build machine. > With it you compile new version of gcc. > > You can not use cross compiler to build runnable executable > on build machine (or may be you wont canadian cross > http://www.airs.com/ian/configure/configur...

Web resources about - Configuration Modem Problem - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Configuration file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , configuration files , or config files configure the initial settings for some computer programs . They are used for user applications ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...

All configurations of Nexus 6p back in stock at Google Store
... variants. Considering the fact the Nexus 6p hasn’t been on the market very long just yet, we wouldn’t be surprised if some of these configurations ...

Apple Watch launches in India with 40 available configurations, Hermes edition left out
Apple Watch hit store shelves in India on Friday with 40 different size, model and strap combinations available to consumers starting at 30,900 ...