Connecting .net project with db2 in AS400 server

can any one give the solution for this problem
WE developed a .net project in windows platform which have db2 as
database.
And Our client is having the database in AS400 server, so when we
uploaded the system to windows server in client's side and try to
connect with db2 in AS400,its displaying an error.
Can any one give answers for this
1)It will work fine, If we install the client instance of db2 in
windows server.
2)or we can connect the database directly to the AS400 server.

hope anyone can help me to solve this

Thanking you
Shyam

yeskay wrote:
> can any one give the solution for this problem
> WE developed a .net project in windows platform which have db2 as
> database.
> And Our client is having the database in AS400 server, so when we
> uploaded the system to windows server in client's side and try to
> connect with db2 in AS400,its displaying an error.
> Can any one give answers for this
> 1)It will work fine, If we install the client instance of db2 in
> windows server.
> 2)or we can connect the database directly to the AS400 server.

I have been working on migration from RPG to J2EE with the same DB2/400
database. Firstable, you have to take into consideration that RDBMS
working on AS400 is not DB2 UDB, but DB2/400 aka DB2 UDB for iSeries.
Ie. for J2EE there is JT400 JDBC driver which is suitable to connecting
with DB2/400.

What data provider are you using? There "IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries .NET"
[1] which is dedicated for DB2/400 and, I think, differs from .net
provider for "standard" DB2 UDB server. Try using this if you are not.

If you have any other questions or need professional consultation - feel
free to post.

[1] http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/dotnet/

Regards,
--
mgl
0

AS400 to AS400 connection

? connect to db2 as400 server
i'm new to database connectivity through java. can u help/guide me how to connect to db2 as400 server(os 400) from client windows/linux terminal through jdbc . i'v downloaded the jdbc db2 driver from i-net . tell me the specification regarding where to place the drivers,classes,libraries etc. Do i need to edit or create the database.properties file thanks - progpro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, you need another driver, you'll find it at http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/toolbox/downloads.htm its an pure java driver and runs on any java system. The driver class is com.ibm.access.AS400JDBCDriver the url you need is jdbc:as400://HostName/DefaultSchema Dieter Bender progprob wrote: > > i'm new to database connectivity through java. > > can u help/guide me how to connect to db2 as400 server(os 400) from a > client windows/linux terminal through jdbc . > > i'v downloaded the jdbc db2 driver from i-net . > > tell me the specification regarding where to place the > drivers,classes,libraries etc. > > Do i need to edit or create the database.properties file > > thanks. > > > > -- > progprob > --------------------------------------------------------------------...

connection error from .net to as400 db2 database
I am getting the following error while trying to connect to a DB2 database on the as400.It worked fine at first then I started getting this err message. Non-NULL controlling IUnknown was specified, and either the requested interface was not IUnknown, or the provider does not support COM aggregation. Dim cndb As New OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Password=SADW;User ID=pg3000001;Data Source=as9625g;Protection Level=None;Transport Product=Client Access;SSL=DEFAULT;Force Translate=65535;Default Collection=PG3000001;Convert Date Time To Char=TRUE;") ...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

How to connect WHow to connect WINCE to AS400 DB2 ?
I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection to an local Access Database or the local file system. I tried ViaDB from Odessey Software (a trial version for one connection) but no succsess. I have looked for several solutions in C++, VB and Java but nothing seems capable to get an easy connection to a database connected wireless. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks. -- "Warum haben wir eigentlich nie Zeit, eine Sache richtig zu machen, aber immer Zeit, sie noch mal zu machen?" 'Systemdenken und Softwarequalit�t', Gerald Weinberg I tried to do this 2 years ago --- the only information I was able to ascertain was that you could write your own data provider or have one written for you. There were also several kludges we were entertaining in order to do this -- one involved Citrix server I believe. Ultimately, the project was killed. It seems like the same issues still exist today. If you find a data provider that works with CE I'd be interested in learning about it. Good Luck Jim K "Frank Barfs" <wegmachen.barfs@vsb-soft.de> wrote in message news:f7qjsc.hic.ln@ID-226326.user.uni-berlin.de... > I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 > Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). > ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection t...

Problem connecting AS400/DB2 with SSIS
Hi, I am trying to connect a MS SSIS package to an AS400/DB2 database, and I experience problem when I hit the "Create Package" button in the "Data Link properties window". I have understood that the packages need to be created, before I can run any SQL on the DB2 base via SSIS(?). Here are the steps that I have done before the problem arise: 1. In MS Visual Studios, I created a new project of type "Integration Services". 2. On the "Control Flow tab" I add a "Data Flow task". 3. In the "Connection Manager Pane" I right click and choose "New OLE DB Connection.." 4. In the "Configure OLE DB Connection Manager window" I hit the new button. 5. In the "Connection Manager window" in the provider drop down list I choose "Native OLE DB\Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2" 6. For "server or file name" I enter a descriptive name. 7. I hit the "Data Links.. button" to enter advanced properties for the connection. 8. In the "Network drop down" I choose "TCP/IP connection". 9. For user name and password I enter the "Admin user" on the DB2 server, to make sure I have no Authentication problem. 10. For Initial Catalog I enter the name that is displayed when invoking the "WRKRDBDIRE command" from the console to the OS/400 system. 11. For "Package Collection" and "Default schema" I enter the top level schema on the se...

Reliabilty of DB2 Connect / ODBC / AS400
Hello, I'm wondering if any of you have experience accessing data from an AS400 via DB2 connect / ODBC on an Intel box? I'm writing a PHP app to access data on the AS400. I've cataloged the AS400 database on my Linux intel box running DB2 Enterprise 8.1 & DB2 Connect. In addition to that, I've installed the iSeriesODBC package from IBM. What I'm finding is that like 60% of the time my PHP script returns errors, most often something like "database 'foo' was not found" on the server. However, if I refresh the page the script executes &a...

Db2 connect on linux for AS400 Access
Hi, I have an AS400 820 (V5R1). Some month ago, I installed a Linux Server with DB2 connect (v7.2) Personal Edition for testing the Linux Platform. With this installation, I could set up an intranet with PHP and use DB2 connect for retrieve data from AS400 with SQL request. This structure is very interesting but I have really poor performances. I would to know if somebody have any experience about this ? I wonder if I will have better performances if I use the Entreprise Edition. Is there any set up on AS400 to do for improve performances. ? Thanks for your help, Pascal Sorry for my bad english. Sounds like you need to do some SQL Performance tuning - you can follow the links for online DB2 UDB education at the following web site: www.iseries.ibm.com/db2/db2educ_m.htm -- Kent Milligan, DB2 & BI team PartnerWorld for Developers, iSeries kmill@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) GO HAWKEYES!! >>> www.iseries.ibm.com/db2 (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer) ...

Securely Connect AS400 to Unix Web Server
Good morning, We are building a new website and need to securely send/receive data to/from Unix web server. I do not know anything about Unix/Linix boxes and the guy whom I am working with does not know anything about AS400/iSeries. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are running on: 9406-820 V5R2 Thank you in advance. Gary Hi Gary, A bit more detail might be required here, but really you've got loads of options. If you need to access the database on the AS/400 from UNIX, I'd say JDBC or something similar for your language of choice on UNIX would be fine, would need no extra software on the AS/400. If you need to access actual files on the AS/400, then automating FTP could be a decent idea, again, would not require any software on the AS/400. If you need to run any programs on the AS/400, to generate data before sending it over to the UNIX box, then I think maybe a REST service, or RPC call might be nice, this would require some work on the AS/400 though. Without knowing exactly what you need though, it's difficult to suggest a great solution. Cheers Garry On Aug 25, 1:33=A0pm, SegalRea...@gmail.com wrote: > Good morning, > > We are building a new website and need to securely send/receive data > to/from Unix web server. =A0I do not know anything about Unix/Linix > boxes and the guy whom I am working with does not know anything about > AS400/iSeries. > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. > > We are runn...

Running Jboss on Iseries (AS400) connecting to DB2
Hi All. We are considering to run an application using Jboss on an AS400 Iseries connecting to DB2. Is there anyone that have any experience, good or bad. There will be lots of I/O, and large amount of data, so I was wondering how this would perform. My boss says he has seen af perfomance test, that should i was the best environment to run Jboss and DB2 in, but I can't find it. Any help will be recieved with gratitued. SAS My experience is with WebSphere rather than JBoss, but if you set up your environment (i.e. JDBC driver, statement cache size, memory pool, etc.) and application (i.e. database indexing etc.) properly, I don't see any reason why you would have performance problems. On 14 Mar., 16:28, "walker.l2" <walker...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: > My experience is with WebSphere rather than JBoss, but if you set up > your environment (i.e. JDBC driver, statement cache size, memory pool, > etc.) and application (i.e. database indexing etc.) properly, I don't > see any reason why you would have performance problems. Thanks, I will try to gather som more experience from around il 16/03/2007 10.45, Scrive sasmussen 40730192: > On 14 Mar., 16:28, "walker.l2" <walker...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: >> My experience is with WebSphere rather than JBoss, but if you set up >> your environment (i.e. JDBC driver, statement cache size, memory pool, >> etc.) and application (i.e. database indexing etc.) pr...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

Connectting to as400 from DB2 ESE running on Windows XP
Hi, I'd like someone to help me please... I have installed DB2 ESE and DB2 Connect in Windows XP and I want to connect to an AS400 server to create and manipulate databases in there. I tried to connect to through the configuration asisstant and the control center but it always gives me an error: that it cannot connect to the system. I don't know how else to connect, please I need some help. Thanks! CMCC Goto ibm.com/redbooks and take a look at the book titled: Advanced Functions and Administration on DB2 UDB for iSeries CMCC wrote: > Hi, I'd like someone to ...

Help with JDBC and SQL Connecting to AS400 ISERIES and DB2
I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is? I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ? Can anyone offer me some guidence? I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc. Thanks Shadow LightSquire@gmail.com wrote: > I have found Sql Squirrel on Sourceforge, and have been trying to get > it to work, I downloaded JTOPEN 5.3 and added the jt400 jar files to > the IBM DB2 App Driver and IBM DB2 Net driver. The problem I have being > new to this is how to I tell this software what my as400 is? > > I see where i nthe Db2 App driver wants the url jdbc:db2:<dbname>, or > the Net Driver with jdbc:db2://<server>:<6789>/<db-name ? > > Can anyone offer me some guidence? > > I just started in a small shop with almost no tools and I am trying to > get them to adopt Websphere, as well and some other useful tools of > which this looks great but I am not that experienced with jdbc. > > Thanks > Shadow I...

IBM AS400

AS400 connection AGAIN....

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 connection again...
Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. Is there a way? Thanks. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:38:21 GMT, "Matthew Wells" <MWells@FirstByte.net> wrote: I like this site for connection strings: http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81 (formerly able-consulting.com) -Tom. >Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 >table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: > >currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString >currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink > >I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING >ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. > > >Is there a way? > >Thanks. > >Matthew Wells >MWells@FirstByte.net > > > ...

Web resources about - Connecting .net project with db2 in AS400 server - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Open Compute Project Focusing On Connecting Networking Hardware
The Open Compute Project , a Facebook-started consortium aimed at making data storage more efficient, announced Wednesday that it is now working ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

DLD15 - Connecting the Dots on IoT: Intelligence of Things (Michael Mendenhall, David Kirkpatrick) ...
In this fireside chat, we’ll be discussing how putting a new kind of intuition into the things we interact with isn’t just about making the devices ...