Connecting with AS400 systemname??

Hello.

All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400.

In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the AS400.

If i put the Systemname  SXXXXXX i have a error "Cannot find the
system........"

I have many AS400, so i dont wont to search always, if i install CA in
a PC what are the IP address.

I wont do use AS400 Names LIKE  PROCUTION, FACTORING,SERVICE etc.

..

Its this possible?? And how??

thanks.

0
attiki01 (131)

marsias racontait dans comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc:

> Hello.

Hello

> All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400.
>
> In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the
> AS400.
>
> If i put the Systemname  SXXXXXX i have a error "Cannot find the
> system........"

It means that the IP stack of the PC cannot resolve the IP address of
the SXXXXXX name.

> I have many AS400, so i dont wont to search always, if i install
> CA in a PC what are the IP address.
>
> I wont do use AS400 Names LIKE  PROCUTION, FACTORING,SERVICE etc.
>
> .
>
> Its this possible?? And how??

You have to update the hosts file of your PC or use a DNS for name
resolution.

--
Cordialement/Best regards
Marc Rauzier
marsias wrote:
> Hello.
>
> All my clients(PCs) are with CA connected to AS400.
>
> In CA configuration are for systemname the IP address of the AS400.
>
> If i put the Systemname  SXXXXXX i have a error "Cannot find the
> system........"
>
> I have many AS400, so i dont wont to search always, if i install CA in
> a PC what are the IP address.
>
> I wont do use AS400 Names LIKE  PROCUTION, FACTORING,SERVICE etc.
>
> .
>
> Its this possible?? And how??

Yes it is. Much depends on your network configuration, if you have a
dns, wins or active directory that's main job is the name resolution,
you can put your names of choice in them configuration.
Usually configuring iSeries Netserver, setting the name too, will force
windows clients to resolve the ip address with that name, as Netserver
uses smb protocol to spread its netbios name on the network.

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

AS400 connection again...
Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. Is there a way? Thanks. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:38:21 GMT, "Matthew Wells" <MWells@FirstByte.net> wrote: I like this site for connection strings: http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81 (formerly able-consulting.com) -Tom. >Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 >table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? I want to use: > >currentdb.tabledefs(td).connect = sConnectionString >currentdb.tabledefs(td).RefreshLink > >I CAN ALREADY CREATE AN ADO CONNECTION. THE WEB SITES PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING >ONLY GIVE CONNECTION STRINGS NOT A STRING I CAN USE FOR A TABLEDEF. > > >Is there a way? > >Thanks. > >Matthew Wells >MWells@FirstByte.net > > > ...

AS400 connection AGAIN....

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

A Basic question on Connecting non-IBM FC Disk Subsystem to AS400
Hi, I'm exploring connecting a non-IBM AS400 disk subsystem to AS400, for example connecting an IBM FAStT Storage Subsystem to the AS400. Can this be done? If so what do I need to get this working? Is the config certified by IBM? Thank you. ...

How to connect WHow to connect WINCE to AS400 DB2 ?
I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection to an local Access Database or the local file system. I tried ViaDB from Odessey Software (a trial version for one connection) but no succsess. I have looked for several solutions in C++, VB and Java but nothing seems capable to get an easy connection to a database connected wireless. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks. -- "Warum haben wir eigentlich nie Zeit, eine Sache richtig zu machen, aber immer Zeit, sie noch mal zu machen?" 'Systemdenken und Softwarequalit�t', Gerald Weinberg I tried to do this 2 years ago --- the only information I was able to ascertain was that you could write your own data provider or have one written for you. There were also several kludges we were entertaining in order to do this -- one involved Citrix server I believe. Ultimately, the project was killed. It seems like the same issues still exist today. If you find a data provider that works with CE I'd be interested in learning about it. Good Luck Jim K "Frank Barfs" <wegmachen.barfs@vsb-soft.de> wrote in message news:f7qjsc.hic.ln@ID-226326.user.uni-berlin.de... > I'm looking for a solution to connect from a WinCE device to an AS400 > Database (or MySQL or whatever else other than MS SQL). > ADOCE for example is only supporting a connection t...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 Network Connection
When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the connection backup. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies. "Coder" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:UeAWb.1437$_66.226@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com... > When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't > administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network > connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the > connection backup. > > Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is > unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies. Is there a configuration setting that makes this stop? No. iSeries NICs are very, very anal about being connected to something. What I do is set up a reply-list entry to deal with it (WRKRPYLE). Just have it answer 'R' whenever the message shows up. But even with this, it will eventually quit retrying and vary-off the device. Also, you said reboot, I hope you didn't mean IPL the entire system, just varying off/on the line description (or if it is stuck in RCYPND status, just '7 resume recovery' will do) and restarting TCP/IP will get it going again. George Kinney wrote: > > ...

Connect to as400 through vpn
Hi all, This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as400. I am using mocha, that doesn't work. I tried telneting directly to the as400 from a command prompt, that doesn't work. I can telnet from a command prompt to other computers in the office, that's fine. Just not the as400s. Anyone else have something like this? Is there some issue with telnet or mocha through a vpn? Thanks, Julien Hi, Julien Mills schrieb: > Hi all, > > This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office > through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as400. > I am using mocha, that doesn't work. I tried telneting directly > to the as400 from a command prompt, that doesn't work. I can > telnet from a command prompt to other computers in the office, > that's fine. Just not the as400s. > > Anyone else have something like this? > > Is there some issue with telnet or mocha through a vpn? > > Thanks, > Julien that sounds to me as if the default gateway on as400 is'nt setup correctly. We are using Mochasoft over vpn without any problems. Kind regards Michael On Sep 23, 11:24=A0am, Michael Paris <michael.pa...@pv-koeln.de> wrote: > Hi, > > Julien Mills schrieb: > > > Hi all, > > > This is sort of a strange thing, when I connect to our office > > through the vpn (road warrior) I cannot access our as4...

AS400 modem connection
Help please, I have an AS400 running OS V4R1 and have the *LIN/*CTL/*DEV configured, with a modem connected to COMN2. I am trying to dial in to this from my laptop using a standard dial up connection (Windows XP) the laptop has client access loaded. The AS400 modem receives the call, but then I get the following messages. AS400 The exchange identifier (XID) is *NOID PC error the is 619 It would seem that I need a different form of dial up! First - upgrade to a supported release of OS/400 (i.e. at least v5r1). Second - is this leading to a Lotus Notes/Domino question? If n...

DominoNews: IBM Connect becomes IBM ConnectED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- DominoNews - IBM Collaboration Solutions (Lotus software) news IBM Notes and Domino since 2003 September 10, 2014 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- SPONSORS: Genius Project for Domino: Try it free! Project Management Software for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/geniusproject AttachZIP: Attachment compression, image optimization and archive tool for = IBM Notes Compress attachments to ZIP format and optimize images. Increase disk space= , network bandwidth and performance. Reduce mailbox / DB sizes. Single prod= uct offering. Notes template based installation. http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/attachzip ACL Dominator: ACL management and administration reporting security tool fo= r IBM Notes Report, manage, analyze, audit, export, update all Access Control Lists on = an IBM Domino server. Fix security holes, optimize servers, expand nested g= roups, prepare for message migrations. Report on ACLs, database properties,= mailbox preference properties, user activity, DAOS. http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/acldominator Print Merge Reporter: Mail merge, printing and reporting tool for IBM Notes Mail merge Excel, contacts, barcodes and Notes app data to email or printer= using Notes, iNotes, web. Generate charts and reports to Word, Excel, and = PDF fo...

DominoNews: IBM Connect becomes IBM ConnectED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- DominoNews - IBM Collaboration Solutions (Lotus software) news IBM Notes and Domino since 2003 September 10, 2014 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- SPONSORS: Genius Project for Domino: Try it free! Project Management Software for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/geniusproject AttachZIP: Attachment compression, image optimization and archive tool for = IBM Notes Compress attachments to ZIP forma...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

DominoNews: IBM Connect becomes IBM ConnectED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- DominoNews - IBM Collaboration Solutions (Lotus software) news IBM Notes and Domino since 2003 September 10, 2014 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- SPONSORS: Genius Project for Domino: Try it free! Project Management Software for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/geniusproject AttachZIP: Attachment compression, image optimization and archive tool for = IBM Notes Compress attachments to ZIP forma...

? connect to db2 as400 server
i'm new to database connectivity through java. can u help/guide me how to connect to db2 as400 server(os 400) from client windows/linux terminal through jdbc . i'v downloaded the jdbc db2 driver from i-net . tell me the specification regarding where to place the drivers,classes,libraries etc. Do i need to edit or create the database.properties file thanks - progpro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, you need another driver, you'll find it at http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/toolbox/downloads.htm its an pure java driver and runs on any java system. The driver class is com.ibm.access.AS400JDBCDriver the url you need is jdbc:as400://HostName/DefaultSchema Dieter Bender progprob wrote: > > i'm new to database connectivity through java. > > can u help/guide me how to connect to db2 as400 server(os 400) from a > client windows/linux terminal through jdbc . > > i'v downloaded the jdbc db2 driver from i-net . > > tell me the specification regarding where to place the > drivers,classes,libraries etc. > > Do i need to edit or create the database.properties file > > thanks. > > > > -- > progprob > --------------------------------------------------------------------...

AS400 Connection Lock Out Issue
Hi, I'm a newbie with the iSeries 250 AS400 v5 rl. So far everything has been working as it should, but here's the problem. 1) I can no longer ping the AS400. The link light on the hub and NIC all appear working, so it appears that TCP.IP is not loaded even though it should load on boot up 2) I cannot access the AS400 via 'AS/400 Operations console' as it states that the Service Tools User is disabled. I know that the Qsecofr account works, but again it won't let me in with this account. When I could connect via Client Access over TCP\IP, I was able to logon as Qsecofr. Can someone give me some pointers, workaround, back door etc to gain access to the AS400. My only other option is to rebuild and I have never done that before and how would I do it if I could not connect to/see it! Help! "AS400 Newbie" <m.reda@esbc.sharp-eu.com> wrote in message news:ca7294f6.0310090737.48c39ae1@posting.google.com... > 1) I can no longer ping the AS400. The link light on the hub and NIC > all appear working, so it appears that TCP.IP is not loaded even > though it should load on boot up Try issuing the STRTCP command. > 2) I cannot access the AS400 via 'AS/400 Operations console' as it > states that the Service Tools User is disabled. I know that the > Qsecofr account works, but again it won't let me in with this account. > When I could connect via Client Access over TCP/IP, I was able to > logon as Qsecofr. The...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

connect to AS400 using ADO...
Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? Thanks. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net Matthew Wells wrote: > Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link an AS400 > table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? > > Thanks. > > Matthew Wells > MWells@FirstByte.net Have a look at Carl Prothman's website. He has examples of ADO/.NET connections on his website http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=87#OLEDBProviderForAS400FromIBM Matthew Wells wrote: > Can someonne please tell me an ADO connection string to use to link > an AS400 table to Access WITHOUT using a DSN? > > Thanks. > > Matthew Wells > MWells@FirstByte.net I don't know about ADO specifically, but I have never been able to do any sort of connection to our AS400 (ISeries) without using a DSN. The problem I run into is that I can find no entry in the connect string for the "System" argument that works, and yet it also doesn't work if I leave that argument out. -- I don't check the Email account attached to this message. Send instead to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com I've been able to open an ADO connection without a DSN, but not refresh a table link. "Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Zkz5e.8887$c76.8335@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > Matthew Wells wrote: > > Can s...

MQ connection on AS400 and OS390
Message could be send to 390 from AS400 through a channel. However, message could not be send from 390 to AS400 through an other channel. Any idea?? ...

ADO Connection To AS400
Hi All Hope someone can help me here as I am losing the plot fast. I am attempting to import data from an AS400 table (The application is Mapics) into forms in a Lotus Notes application Below is the code that I use to connect to the AS400. However when I attempt to display any value from the record set I get a type mismatch error. If I change the connection to point to a table in a non-mapics library I am able to display the value with no problem. The user profile I am logging on with has the required authority. I have retrieved data using ADO and Delphi before so this should w...

Web resources about - Connecting with AS400 systemname?? - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Trunk Notes 2.6.2 – minor Lua change
Blog - Apps On The Move iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Productivity Search Main menu Skip to primary content Skip to secondary content Home Post ...

Take control of remote PCs with PAExec
... on remote PCs, and (if they’re console applications) redirect their output back to your own system. Enter a command like PAExec \\{SystemName} ...

PAExec 1.2.5 free download - Software reviews, downloads, news, free trials, freeware and full commercial ...
PAExec 1.2.5: Launch programs on remote Windows computers without needing to install anything first

Why Google Is Getting Into Entertainment: Your Data
... the home in one way or another, via Internet radio, from user's own stored archives or even simply relaying audio from a PC to a stereo systemnames ...