Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network

Good afternoon.

I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not
find any clear answers.

We are running low on space on our 9406 - 820 (V5r2)

Currently, our uses are running a lot of CPYTOPCD programs, but from
now on we want to save all pc files(".TXT", ".CSV") located on IFS; on
our Windows 2003 Data Server.

My Questions are:

1. What is the best way to do it. (commands or tools)
2. Should I use CPYTOIMPF/CPYTOSTMF. what is the difference between
them (so far I could not make them to work. below are my examples:)

 ===> CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LIBA/TEXTFILE *FIRST) TOSTMF('//SERVER_PDC/
AS400DATA/
RNWFILW.CSV') MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
No records copied from file TEXTFILE in LIBA. --------- CPC2957

 ===> CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/Qsys.Lib/goebel.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/
TEXTFILE.Mbr') TOSTM
F('/GOEBEL_PDC/AS400DATA/RNWFILW.CSV') STMFOPT(*REPLACE)
STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
Object not copied.  Object is
        /Qsys.Lib/LIBA.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/TEXTFILE.Mbr. ---------------
CPFA097

3. I know that we can use FTP, but we are copying to Data server and
it is not configured to be FTP server. Do I have to start ftp
services? Is a big deal to set it up?

Thank you all in advanced.
Gary

0
segalgary1 (34)

On May 6, 9:01=A0am, Gary Segal <segalg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon.
>
> I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not
> find any clear answers.
>
> We are running low on space on our 9406 - 820 (V5r2)
>
> Currently, our uses are running a lot of CPYTOPCD programs, but from
> now on we want to save all pc files(".TXT", ".CSV") located on IFS; on
> our Windows 2003 Data Server.
>
> My Questions are:
>
> 1. What is the best way to do it. (commands or tools)
> 2. Should I use CPYTOIMPF/CPYTOSTMF. what is the difference between
> them (so far I could not make them to work. below are my examples:)
>
> =A0=3D=3D=3D> CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LIBA/TEXTFILE *FIRST) TOSTMF('//SERVER_PD=
C/
> AS400DATA/
> RNWFILW.CSV') MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
> No records copied from file TEXTFILE in LIBA. --------- CPC2957
>
> =A0=3D=3D=3D> CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/Qsys.Lib/goebel.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/
> TEXTFILE.Mbr') TOSTM
> F('/GOEBEL_PDC/AS400DATA/RNWFILW.CSV') STMFOPT(*REPLACE)
> STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
> Object not copied. =A0Object is
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 /Qsys.Lib/LIBA.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/TEXTFILE.Mbr. -----------=
----
> CPFA097
>
> 3. I know that we can use FTP, but we are copying to Data server and
> it is not configured to be FTP server. Do I have to start ftp
> services? Is a big deal to set it up?
>
> Thank you all in advanced.
> Gary

I was able to do something like this using QNTC.  If configured
correctly you should be able to see servers and PC's on your network
and route to them.  For instance /QNTC/Server/Shared_Folder/
file.txt.

Thad Rizzi
0
thad_rizzi (231)
5/6/2008 5:08:42 PM
Thad Rizzi wrote:
> On May 6, 9:01 am, Gary Segal <segalg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good afternoon.
>>
>> I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not
>> find any clear answers.
>>
>> We are running low on space on our 9406 - 820 (V5r2)
>>
>> Currently, our uses are running a lot of CPYTOPCD programs, but from
>> now on we want to save all pc files(".TXT", ".CSV") located on IFS; on
>> our Windows 2003 Data Server.
>>
>> My Questions are:
>>
>> 1. What is the best way to do it. (commands or tools)
>> 2. Should I use CPYTOIMPF/CPYTOSTMF. what is the difference between
>> them (so far I could not make them to work. below are my examples:)
>>
>>  ===> CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LIBA/TEXTFILE *FIRST) TOSTMF('//SERVER_PDC/
>> AS400DATA/
>> RNWFILW.CSV') MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
>> No records copied from file TEXTFILE in LIBA. --------- CPC2957
>>
>>  ===> CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/Qsys.Lib/goebel.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/
>> TEXTFILE.Mbr') TOSTM
>> F('/GOEBEL_PDC/AS400DATA/RNWFILW.CSV') STMFOPT(*REPLACE)
>> STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
>> Object not copied.  Object is
>>         /Qsys.Lib/LIBA.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/TEXTFILE.Mbr. ---------------
>> CPFA097
>>
>> 3. I know that we can use FTP, but we are copying to Data server and
>> it is not configured to be FTP server. Do I have to start ftp
>> services? Is a big deal to set it up?
>>
>> Thank you all in advanced.
>> Gary
>
> I was able to do something like this using QNTC.  If configured
> correctly you should be able to see servers and PC's on your network
> and route to them.  For instance /QNTC/Server/Shared_Folder/
> file.txt.

I've used QNTC, too.  One caveat:  the AS/400 (iSeries / i5 / System i)
profile and password must match those on the Windows server, including case.
0
jonball (677)
5/6/2008 5:27:26 PM
il 06/05/2008 19.27, Scrive Jonathan Ball 40467520:
> Thad Rizzi wrote:
[...]
>> I was able to do something like this using QNTC.  If configured
>> correctly you should be able to see servers and PC's on your network
>> and route to them.  For instance /QNTC/Server/Shared_Folder/
>> file.txt.
>
> I've used QNTC, too.  One caveat:  the AS/400 (iSeries / i5 / System i)
> profile and password must match those on the Windows server, including
> case.
.... or grant permissions on Shared_Folder to GUEST windows account or
GUESTS windows account-group, that must be enabled (default is not).

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda

AS400 to AS400 connection

Copy Spool File to Another AS400
Is it possible to ftp a spool file to another AS400 so we can print it on one of its printers. if so how...thanks Pat Bradley V. Stone wrote: > If the printers are on your WAN, you should be able to create an IP > printer off each 400 so you can print from either 400 to the one > printer. (Other ways of doing this too, you weren't too specific > about your connections). > > You can also use SNDNETSPLF to send the spooled file to the other > machine. > > > On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:05:10 GMT, "kerleyp(you_must_remove_this)" > <"kerle...

Problem on Copying the files to As400 IFS
Hi Every one, I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a folder under Root directory. Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system as one of network drive. I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am getting error as "Path not found" . Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") If objFSOFN.DriveExists(DriveLetter) Then objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive DriveLetter, True, True End If objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, Path, False, Username, Password objFSOFN.CopyFile txtFiletobeupload, strcopya Set objFSOFN = Nothing Set objNetwork = Nothing Could you please advice what to do the next thing? Thanks. Does the error or anything show the path you're using? Maybe spit out some debug statements that show the completed built path on the iSeries and the PC. Vandy wrote: > Hi Every one, > > I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a > folder under Root directory. > > Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system > as one of network drive. > I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am > getting error as "Path not found" . > > Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") > Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScrip...

Copy spooled file from AS400 using VB
I need to create a VB application that retrieves spooled files from AS400 and copy them to my PC. How do you do it with Client Access Express and VB? Do you have any sample codes? Thanks. Hello Mike, You can use FTP is you want to write all the logic yourself to copy the spool file with CPYSPLF and then download the results. If you're open to commercial options, take a look at our WinSpool/400 Report Download Software. WinSpool/400 can be used as an interactive download tool or you can use the ActiveX API to automate your own download processing. Client Access IS NOT required to use WinSpool/400. If you have questions, please contact me directly, otherwise you can request a FREE demo CD or download from our web site for a 30 day trial. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 and iSeries Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com "mike kim" <msxkim@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4aceb850.0408301138.74e727bb@posting.google.com... > I need to create a VB application that retrieves spooled files from > AS400 and copy them to my PC. How do you do it with Client Access > Express and VB? Do you have any sample codes? Thanks. Or you can look at Evergreens report downloader - there was a book written by Chris Peters that details how this is done in VB. the product is here http://www.kdpsoftware.co.uk/egrd as a 30 day trial or buy the book and build ...

Problem copying web download file to AS400 with CPYFRMIMPF.
First off I have created CSV files on PC (IFS Share) and and copied them to AS400 flat file with CPYFRMIMPF many times before with out incendent. However when I download the data (a CSV file) from the internet then try to do the same CPYFRMIMPF it does not work (it streams the data into the first record of my flat file) . I have found that if I open the CSV file make a change (add in a blank space) and save it, then do the CPYFRMIMPF it works correctly. Seems like it does not take into consideration the record delimiter untill I open it and save it, seems very strange to me. Anyways Im on 4R5, and if you have a solution or suggestion it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fitz. "Question_123" <I_am_fitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5cedbf9d.0409131025.7623594f@posting.google.com... > First off I have created CSV files on PC (IFS Share) and and copied > them to AS400 flat file with CPYFRMIMPF many times before with out > incendent. However when I download the data (a CSV file) from the > internet then try to do the same CPYFRMIMPF it does not work (it > streams the data into the first record of my flat file) . I have > found that if I open the CSV file make a change (add in a blank space) > and save it, then do the CPYFRMIMPF it works correctly. Seems like it > does not take into consideration the record delimiter untill I open it > and save it, seems very strange to me. Anyways Im on 4R5, and if you > have a solutio...

from AS400 program copy files on NT server (from dir. to dir.)
Hello, From a badge program running on AS400 I need, under certain conditions, to copy files on an NT server from one directory to another. Anybody has an idea how to do this??? Thanks in advance Henri Henri Strous racontait dans comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc: > Hello, Hello > > From a badge program running on AS400 I need, under certain > conditions, to copy files on an NT server from one directory to > another. > > Anybody has an idea how to do this??? > Take a look at the /QNTC file system. Just create a directory in this filesystem whose name is IP resolved in your network and use the CPY command. You will probably have to use same user profile and password on the AS400 and the NT server. > Thanks in advance > > Henri > > > -- Cordialement/Best regards Marc Rauzier ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Send Spool file AS400 to Text PC file
I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. Thanks You need to use CPYSPLF to a database file and after CPYTOIMPF and after FTP - if you use iSeries Navigator (it's free) you just need to copy the spool file on your PC local drive enjoy it. "Fouad LFN" <Fouad.lfn@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: e0d92946.0503220924.5cc1ce23@posting.google.com... >I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. > Thanks Run CPYSPLF to convert the spool file to a flat file. Then use CPYTOSTMF to save it in the IFS. If you save the file to a part of the IFS which has a share then the users will be able to see the file from Windows Network Places/Network Neighborhood. If you have Netserver set up correctly on the iSeries then you could specify the destination of the stream file to be a share on one of your Windows machines. See my article for more about this at: http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/nodeuk/ukarchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&CO_ContentID=18919 Glenn Hi, If you are looking for a more comprehesive commercial software solution, RPM Select from Brooks Internet Software (www.brooksnet.com) has a very good, easy to use, GUI based interface that could manage your spool files. Many of my customers use it in conjucntion with my Document processing, OctoTools software, to bring text and report info from the AS/400 to a PC for further processing. Thanks, Larry T. You could just use opsnav & drag the sp...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

Help. Old AS400 file, (collection of files and folders), but unsure of the format
Ok, AS400 experts. I had a mystery on my hands I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. I have an old file (1999), which is suppose to be a collection of files and or folders. There is no extension on the file. I've tried adding the popular extensions like, zip, tar, tar.gz, gz, but all fail to open the file. Was there a builtin utility that would turn a folder and or files into a single file? It may or may not have compression. Like I said, I'm not sure since there's no extension. Also, I am a complete noob to AS400. Never touched one, don't have access to on...

Copying files over the network
Hi All, I have 3 computers. 2 are running Windows 2000 and 1 is running XP Pro. I have severla files that are in Korean character set. I can see these files on my 2000 boxes just fine. I am running a software called NJSTAR to convert the display in Windows Explorer. In fact, I can map a network drive between the two 2000 computers and see the Korean character set just fine also. The situation is different for the XP box. If I map a network drive to my 2000 box, I cannot see the Korean fonts. Yet if I FTP the file from my 2000 box to my XP box, NJSTAR converts the character...

Copying file over network.
Hi, I would like to open a connection to a web server over port 80 from a computer behind firewall and copy some files over web server. What is the best possible method to do this? I was thinking to write a java class as Servlet that will keep looking for a socket connection and client at the computer behind firewall opens a connection to this servlet and copies all the files to this computer. I don't know if this is going to work or I will need to use RMI. I am not sure is RMI works over port 80 or a different port is required here. Can web services address this issue? Is there any thir...

AS400 Network Connection
When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the connection backup. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies. "Coder" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:UeAWb.1437$_66.226@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com... > When I rebooted a switch today, an AS400 running 4R5, I believe, (I don't > administer the box in question) connected to it lost its Ethernet network > connection (twinax console was still connected). A reboot brought the > connection backup. > > Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If the Ethernet cable is > unplugged then plugged back in the connection dies. Is there a configuration setting that makes this stop? No. iSeries NICs are very, very anal about being connected to something. What I do is set up a reply-list entry to deal with it (WRKRPYLE). Just have it answer 'R' whenever the message shows up. But even with this, it will eventually quit retrying and vary-off the device. Also, you said reboot, I hope you didn't mean IPL the entire system, just varying off/on the line description (or if it is stuck in RCYPND status, just '7 resume recovery' will do) and restarting TCP/IP will get it going again. George Kinney wrote: > > ...

AS400 file redirect
Hi all, quick question. Is it possible on an as/400 to create a new library and then create a database in that library that is actually linked to another library through a redirect of some kind. The new db would almost be acting as middleware. Thanks, Ken Ken wrote: > Hi all, > > quick question. Is it possible on an as/400 to create a new library and > then create a database in that library that is actually linked to another > library through a redirect of some kind. The new db would almost be acting > as middleware. > > Thanks, > Ken > > > What problem are you trying to solve? Assuming you mean a physical file (database table) when you say database, and you are attempting to redirect LIBRARY1/FILE1 to LIBRARY2/FILE2, A logical file would fit your description, but I am confused as to why you would want to do this. Carl. Thanks for the response. The issue is with the UPS (United Parcel Service) software which provides ODBC connectivity. Sadly it trys to read every description of every data file in the given library. This takes literally 10+ minutes. The idea was to create a second library with a table in it that only has the necessary fields from the customer database. The other issue is that one of the field names has a "#" in it, and the UPS software doesn't like this at all. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ken "Carl" <cag_ng@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:NOkDd.7854$yV...

networking about the AS400 application
Hi, I am rather new for AS400 application. I have a remote office which is using the site-to-site VPN like the following topology: [A ( AS400 Server )] ---------IPLC Line-------- [B]-------Site-to-Site VPN----[C] >From B pinging to A, time = 244ms, time = 60 >From C pinging to A, time = 296ms TTL=60 >From site B & site C both are using iSeries access to the AS400 Server. We found that workstations in Site C hangs in connecting to the AS400 server while workstations in Site B has no any problem at all. Does anybody knows the problem ? the network latency time or the VPN connection ? Thanks so much for your kindly help Most likely your VPN isn't allowing the need ports. In addition to telnet (25) there are additional ports needed by iSeries Access in the 84xx range. >From the PC, with VPN connected, try running CWBPING to your iseries. It will tell you where its failing. Also, you may want to reivew the information at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp ...

AS400 on home network
Hi, I have just picked up an AS400 running at v5r2 for working at home. I have a very simple network with a couple of PCs and printers and a "cheap" router. The As400 has a network card that was working in its previous location. I cannot seem to get it working on the new network. Is there a straightforward checklist available so I can see that the parameters are set up correctly? Is there a way of testing the network card to know if it is still working correctly? Any ideas most welcome as I am getting rather stuck with this. regards stony StoneySoft wrote: > Hi, > > I have just picked up an AS400 running at v5r2 for working at home. > > I have a very simple network with a couple of PCs and printers and a > "cheap" router. > The As400 has a network card that was working in its previous > location. > > I cannot seem to get it working on the new network. > > Is there a straightforward checklist available so I can see that the > parameters are set up correctly? > Is there a way of testing the network card to know if it is still > working correctly? Connect the AS400 with UTP to the cheap router Use a 5250 (twinax) terminal Type 'endtcp *immed' Type "go cfgtcp" and choose 1. Is the IP-address of the AS400 correct ? If not remove the old one and enter the correct one. Type 'strtcp' without the quotes Ping yourself like "ping '192.168.1.1'" If this works you could ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Transfer files from S36 to AS400
I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the files accessible to client access using EDITNRD. What does EDITNRD do? From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side. But it sounds like it just defines the mapping. And then another command nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping. Using a COPYDATA command? So it sounds like one step is that I need to use EDITNRD to define two entries: one for each file. But is there another step to say to actually copy the files using the mappings? I should be able to tell what to put in the entries since they already have several entries set up. When I run client access file transfer from a PC, I see that only files defined through NRD are visible. So I see that I can't get access to all S 36 files automatically and must set up NRD to get to them. Thanks for any help. charliestrause@yahoo.com wrote: > I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 > side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. > > A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two > files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the > files accessible to client access u...

Download file from SAP to AS400
Hi Everyone, I have doubt can we download file from SAP to AS400 using FTP? Thanx in advance. sudeep.173@gmail.com schreef: > Hi Everyone, > I have doubt can we download file from SAP to AS400 using FTP? > > Thanx in advance. > Why would you doubt that? -- Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards, Ren� H. Hartman www.hac-maarssen.nl Can you pls suggest me how i can download file from SAP to AS400? Thanks. Sudeep Ren=E9 H. Hartman wrote: > sudeep.173@gmail.com schreef: > > Hi Everyone, > > I have doubt can we download file from SAP to AS400 using FTP? > > > > Thanx in advance. > > > Why would you doubt that? > > -- > Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards, >=20 > Ren=E9 H. Hartman > www.hac-maarssen.nl ftp from iSeries...or to iSeries. <sudeep.173@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163436280.829326.253800@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... Can you pls suggest me how i can download file from SAP to AS400? Thanks. Sudeep Ren� H. Hartman wrote: > sudeep.173@gmail.com schreef: > > Hi Everyone, > > I have doubt can we download file from SAP to AS400 using FTP? > > > > Thanx in advance. > > > Why would you doubt that? > > -- > Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards, > > Ren� H. Hartman > www.hac-maarssen.nl sudeep.173@gmail.com wrote: > Can you pls suggest me how i can download file from SAP to AS400? > > Thanks. > Sudeep > Ren� H. Hartm...

how to create excel file on AS400 ?
Hello, I know how to create a CSV file on AS400, transfer it on pc, and open it with Excel. But there is no formatting, no formula... Is it possible to create a file on AS400 with my data, add it to a formatted file (on AS400), so that the new file would be an Excel file (xls), usable in Windows ? Thanks Jean-Claude On 16 Mar., 13:54, "Jean-Claude" <repondreenfo...@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > Hello, > > I know how to create a CSV file on AS400, transfer it on pc, and open it > with Excel. > But there is no formatting, no formula... > > Is it possible to create a file on AS400 with my data, add it to a formatted > file (on AS400), so that the new file would be an Excel file (xls), usable > in Windows ? > > Thanks > Jean-Claude Hi Jean-Claude. I work at Intermate where we sell InterExcel400. Take a look at www.interexcel400.com It can use predefined excel spreadsheets - e.g. with predefined formulas and chart definitions. You can even chose different fonts, borders, alignments and so on directly in the product without the use of a predefined excel template. You can download it and try it out yourself or ask for a demo. /Kim Egekjaer Go to www.systeminetwork.com Search for "create .xls file" You will find numerous commercial products as well as articles on do-it-yourself code. Denny On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:54:23 +0100, "Jean-Claude" <repondreenforum@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hello, > >...

file copy thru network
Having finally managed to get clean installs of eCS 1.2 Refresh on both my PC and on a Parallels Virtual Machine running on a Mac Pro, and after getting some major help setting up the networking between these two, I copied whole directories from the PC to the VM. The idea is to transfer OS/2 files and operations entirely to the VM. To my dismay, I discovered that the copy operations were unreliable. Being new at networking, I don't know whether I was doing something wrong or whether my expectations were unrealistic. Here's what I did: - From the client VM I logged on and ...

Web resources about - Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

The Hint News Network
The Hint News Network Menu Headlines Economy Health About Us Contact Us &#10005 Headlines Seattle Man to ordered to return $7.75 Million from ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

The D'oh-cial Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The story starts with Mr. Burns' lawyer accusing Lisa of destroying the city. Lisa tells everyone about the day she and her family went to the ...

Why Telstra's network problems could cause long-term damage
Australian phone and internet providers suffer daily network problems and outages. But Telstra falls the hardest when customers see behind the ...

Networks Send Correspondents to Brussels in Wake of Terror Attacks
The broadcast and cable networks broke in early and have devoted the morning to extensive breaking news coverage of the terror attacks in Brussels. ...

Verizon’s fiber network will expand—after three-state sale to Frontier
(credit: Verizon) Verizon is set to complete a sale of its wireline phone, Internet, and TV networks in California, Florida, and Texas to Frontier ...

Mike Gundy: Texas network a 'failure,' elimination key to Big 12 stability
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy did not hold back about the strain the Texas-centric Longhorn Network is putting on the Big 12 conference.

IDG Contributor Network: Ad hoc logging with logger
If you write as many scripts as I do to monitor services and check the status of various processes that run on your servers, you might like knowing ...

Is The Longhorn Network Killing The Big 12?
Five years into the grand experiment, and the Longhorn Network is kind of a disaster. It’s losing money hand-over-fist: reportedly $48 million ...

‘American Crime’ Was Network TV’s Best Drama, But ABC Will Only Let You Stream Half Of It
It’s great to be one of the best seasons of television this year; not so great if viewers can’t watch your episodes.