Creation date of User Profiles

I need to determine what is the best and easiest way to determine the
date a user profile was created.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Shuaib
0
shuaibs (2)

Shuaib said the following on 05.10.2004 16:39:
> I need to determine what is the best and easiest way to determine the
> date a user profile was created.  Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks!
>
> Shuaib

wrkobj *all/user *USRPRF
and then 8 in front of it.

You will have creation date/time.

--
Dejan Rodiger - PGP ID 0xAC8722DC
Delete wirus from e-mail address

Finding the Creation Dates of User Profiles
Hello: Due to Sarbanes Oxley I need to produce a report of what User profiles were created on my as/400 in 2004. Can anyone tell me how to do this.. I can't find a creation date when I do WRKUSRPRF. I can't find a "canned" report that tells me.. there must be a way.. Thank you in advance for your help!! cfahey@cshore.com wrote: > Hello: > > Due to Sarbanes Oxley I need to produce a report of > what User profiles were created on my as/400 in 2004. > > Can anyone tell me how to do this.. I can't find a > creation date when I do WRKUSRPRF. I can't find a > "canned" report that tells me.. there must be a way.. > Thank you in advance for your help!! I'd do a DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*USRPRF) DETAIL(*SERVICE) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(LIBRARY/USERS) to a file and then run a query on the creation date. Hope it helps, Thad Rizzi ...

AS400 profile/user authentication
Hi, I'm a rather low level AS400 admin (it was thrust into my lap without prior knowledge of the system) and need some quick help. I'm running V5R1 p270 system I was working within the system and went to CFGTCP and then changed domain values - it was a stand alone system before i went into here. Thinking i'd be smart and add our domain in there with DNS entries...i put in the domain values. Since then, i can't access any of the folder when i UNC to the folders from my workstation - (Windows 2000 or XP). It says I don't have permission any more. ALl the profiles were/are on the AS400 and authenticate on the as400. I do not have them tied into our NT domain, so i know whats going on, but i can't seem to undo the domain authentication. I can still log into the AS400 via Client access, but since i don't have the same accounts on our NT domain, it gives me this permission denied error. How can i revert back to having the AS400 authenticate locally and not against the remote windows NT domain. Again, I have already gone back into CFGTCP and restored those values to all be *none. Thanks in advance Eric ...

Set expiration date for user profile
We would like to set an expiration date for user profiles. i.e. create a new user profile and specify that as ot 12/1/06 the profile becomes disabled. I don't see any parameters on the user profile to do this and I've been kicking around a couple of ideas on how to get this accomplished but all seem to require manual maintenance to control. Anyone done this or have an idea on how to do it? TIA RK crossroads wrote: > We would like to set an expiration date for user profiles. i.e. create > a new user profile and specify that as ot 12/1/06 the profile becomes > disabled. I don't see any parameters on the user profile to do this > and I've been kicking around a couple of ideas on how to get this > accomplished but all seem to require manual maintenance to control. > Anyone done this or have an idea on how to do it? > > TIA > RK Check out the CHGEXPSCDE command. jsev99@yahoo.co.nz wrote: > crossroads wrote: >> We would like to set an expiration date for user profiles. i.e. >> create a new user profile and specify that as ot 12/1/06 the profile >> becomes disabled. I don't see any parameters on the user profile to >> do this and I've been kicking around a couple of ideas on how to get >> this accomplished but all seem to require manual maintenance to >> control. Anyone done this or have an idea on how to do it? >> >> TIA >> RK > > > Check out the CHGEXPSCD...

Q: Howto replicate AS400 User Profiles
Hi All, We have two physical machines here and user profiles currently replcate from one to the other using NoMax data mirroring software. However we've now added a number of LPARs to both machines, and need to replicate all user profiles to these too. Using NoMax is not an option as the licence cost would be too high. I had figured on just saving and restoring them but that doesn't seem to work with *USRPRF objects. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, JohnO PS: V5R4 On Apr 11, 3:26 pm, "JohnO" <johno1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > We have two physical machines here and user profiles currently > replcate from one to the other using NoMax data mirroring software. > However we've now added a number of LPARs to both machines, and need > to replicate all user profiles to these too. Using NoMax is not an > option as the licence cost would be too high. I had figured on just > saving and restoring them but that doesn't seem to work with *USRPRF > objects. > > Any suggestions? > > Thanks in advance, > JohnO > > PS: V5R4 I see there's a Send User option in iSeries Operations Navigator. Does this correspond to an AS400 Command or program? "JohnO" <johno1234@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176262013.721611.165560@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... | Hi All, | | We have two physical machines here and user profiles currently | replcate from one to the other using NoMax data mi...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #6
At 11:47 AM 7/15/2005 -0700, Vance, Jeff H (Cupertino) wrote: >Looks like it might be time to do some script writing :) And who is better qualified.... ;-) * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #3
User names and other related information are kept in the HPUID.pub.sys file -- no longer stored in the formal directory as of POSIX. I don't believe the HPUID file keeps track of individual user creation dates. Sorry, Jeff Vance, vCSy=20 > -----Original Message----- .... > >:LISTFILE /ACCOUNT,3 > >:LISTFILE /ACCOUNT/GROUP,3 > > > >Reveals the answers I needed. >=20 > This applies to ACCOUNTs and GROUPs. Theoretically, the same=20 > reasoning could be used for USERs, but I have no idea how. >=20 > So, if you can find a way to (...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #4
Quoting Paul H Christidis <pchristidis@csc.com>: > If at your site you happen to have a policy that each user is also > provided with a home group of their own, then you could deduce their > creation date indirectly by looking at the creation date of their > corresponding group. The other indirect method would require having > access to the system log files for the entire year and parsing out the > "newuser" commands. > > Regards > Paul Christidis > > I need a list of all the users that were created this year. How can I get > t...

Icons in "All Users" profile do not appear for all users
Hello, fellow techs. I have a problem with which I hope you can assist. I have created a laptop iamge with Windows 2000 Professional and placed a folder and a shortcut on the "All Users" desktop. Upon logging in as a new user, these icons are not available to all. This is, obviously, a source of frustration. I have tried moving them, then replacing them, to no avail. Any suggestions? Patrick Burnett Howard Rice, et al. ...

user profile
I have my own user profile settting in ~mydir/.bash_profile , but when I connect to the database , there is a global setting will overwrite my own setting , can I prohibit any global setting will overwrite my profile setting even I connect to the database ? thx mia456789@yahoo.com.hk wrote: > I have my own user profile settting in ~mydir/.bash_profile , but > when I connect to the database , there is a global setting will > overwrite my own setting , can I prohibit any global setting will > overwrite my profile setting even I connect to the database ? thx No. Maybe the databas...

User Profiles
I am working with a archive utility which allows me to archive my spool files. I recently ran an archive of some spool files and tried to restore them. During the restore I noticed that certain spool files that belonged to a certain user profile that has special authority to only a couple of libraries did not get restored. My question to you is does that profile need to have special authority to have the spool files restored. The user profile that I used to restore the profiles has QSECOFR authority. Do I need to change the ownership of the spool file to get it to restore correctly? Does anybody have any information to help me out? I know that in IBM's new V5R4 version they need special procedures to be run prior to the restore of spool files.... do I need to do the same? Thanks. Have you considered contact the manufacturer of your archive utility. "Questions" <AriTsopelas@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140710885.377123.266130@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am working with a archive utility which allows me to archive my spool > files. I recently ran an archive of some spool files and tried to > restore them. During the restore I noticed that certain spool files > that belonged to a certain user profile that has special authority to > only a couple of libraries did not get restored. My question to you is > does that profile need to have special authority to have the spool > files restored. The user profile that I used to r...

User Profile
Hi Does anyone know of a way I can override the system values for a user profile? I have one generic profile for extracting data into excel using ODBC, but sometimes the profile on the AS400 gets locked out (user error) which causes chaos for the many users. What I'd like to do is set this profile to never disable if there are too many login attempts (ie >3) Can anyone advise? Thanks Bob Clone the user profile so that is not shared and has idenical authorities. Make the initial menu *SIGNOFF so it cannot be used for interactive sessions. Use the clone name for ODBC work. Don't tell anyone the clone name! Lie awake wondering what havoc users of the shared user profile name are wreaking! ;-) also Bob ....forgot, optionally, set up a series of job schedule entries to execute a CLP to re-enable the shared profile! Or trigger it off the message generated to QSYSOPR at disable time. ....or use an ODBC exit program that validates the profile without requiring a 'real' password (kind of like the anonymous user for FTP)... -- Best regards, Ren� H. Hartman www.hac-maarssen.nl <boblepp@aci.on.ca> schreef in bericht news:1128953853.781598.118400@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > ...forgot, optionally, set up a series of job schedule entries to > execute a CLP to re-enable the shared profile! Or trigger it off the > message generated to QSYSOPR at disable time. > I don't believe there is anyway to override this for a singl...

IBM AS400

Comparing Dates Time
Hi I am using the three controls, Calendar, datetext, timelist and creating a date after concatenating them and then comparing to the Current date/time. User enters the information and then this is done If Format(datetext & " " & timelist, "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm") < Format(Now, "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm") Then Msgbox "Earlier Date" Else Msgbox "Later Date" End If It was working fine till the dates were to be entered for 2007. So I am selecting a date in 2007, I get earlier date in the above expression. How can I fix that? Any ideas will...

How can I sort my queries by creation date or last modified date in Access 2007
My computer was recently upgraded to Access 2007. The one feature I can't seem to find in this newer version is how to view the creation date and last modified date for my queries. I want to sort by that field, but cannot figure out how to do this. Thanks. Coll wrote: > My computer was recently upgraded to Access 2007. The one feature I > can't seem to find in this newer version is how to view the creation > date and last modified date for my queries. I want to sort by that > field, but cannot figure out how to do this. Thanks. Try this code. See if gets you partway there. Sub q() Dim q As QueryDef For Each q In CurrentDb.QueryDefs If left(q.Name, 1) <> "~" Then Debug.Print q.Name & " created " & q.DateCreated & _ " modified " & q.LastUpdated End If Next End Sub You can write functions by modifying the above to pass the query name and return the dates if the query names are stored in a table a table. ...

AS400 user lists
My dept have just inherited an ancient as400 We are eventually going to be running Fiserv on a new Iseries server and becuase of this my collegues and I have been on the basic as400 ops course My main area of concern up until now has always been unix of varying flavours My question is one of those "oh my goodness RTFM" questions but anyway ......... How do I get a list of user accounts on the server , i have stumbled across it by accident before via menu but cannot for the life of me find it again. I need to find user accounts with admin priviliges as our "secadm" account is locked out Isn't that clever !! >From an O/400 command line type and enter: WRKUSRPRF *ALL racontait dans comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc: > How do I get a list of user accounts on the server , i have stumbled > across it by accident before via menu but cannot for the life of me > find it again. DSPUSRPRF command is for you. > > I need to find user accounts with admin priviliges as our "secadm" > account is locked out > Are you talking about the QSECOFR user profile ? If yes, its password can be reset to the default value with a manual IPL and the right option in the right menu (Work with DST menu, Work with system security and so on ...). But, of course, you need the password of the DST user profiles :-) Note that DST user profiles exist starting at V5R1. -- Cordialement/Best regards Marc Rauzier Or even wrksplf *ALL will give me a...

New AS400 user
Hi all, Hoping someone out there is willing to help! I am a longtime Unix/VMS/Win/Novell person that has always had an interest in AS400. I used to do a lot of integration stuff with AS400 (Netware/SAA, STUN, DLSW etc etc) but I've never gotten into AS400 from a operator/sysadmin perspective. They are something of a mystery. What I would like is someone to either point me at a resource or, better, explain to me in a AS400 for dummies fashion. There was a great book called "Unix for VMS users' or something similar that explained things in a parallel concept. I'm looking for a AS400 for Unix users person or resource. Things like disk structure, startup sequences, IPL, LIC, files/directories etc...simple stuff then I can go away and build on that myself. Anyway, my company has freed up a small AS400 for my own use. It's a 9402 model 200 and when I do a Normal IPL from B, it works fine. A Manual IPL takes me into DST, as one would expect. What I'd like to do is scratch the box and reinstall OS400 completely from scratch. I have a LIC tape with the correct serial number, I have tapes "OS400 V3.05", Softcopy Library and a CUM PTF tape. I am pretty sure the OS400 tape in intact since I was able to 'reinstall the OS' from the DST in IPL NB. I can only hope and assume the LIC tape is good. Obviously, the above reinstall does not address my requirements of scratching the machine and starting again. I learned that I need to IPL from D ...

GROUP BY creation date
I have a table structure which includes a UNIX timestamp (seconds since '1970-01-01 00:00:00' UTC) for the creation date. I would like to return a record count grouped by creation date using the time range from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 for each respective day. For example: Date, Count 24 October, 23 23 October, 12 22 October, 16 Can this one done in one query using only SQL? On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:11:53 -0700, Bosconian wrote: > I have a table structure which includes a UNIX timestamp (seconds since > '1970-01-01 00:00:00' UTC) for the creation date. > > I w...

Table creation date.
Hello, Which data dictionary view in Postgres gives the object creation date. Thanks Sameer sameer_deshpande@hotmail.com (Sameer Deshpande) wrote in news:fc9fc533.0407160643.339883c6@posting.google.com: > Hello, > > Which data dictionary view in Postgres gives the object creation date. > > Thanks > > Sameer > Wrong group. This is for Progress not Postgres ...

Creation of objects on AS400
Hi All, I have an issue of porting AFP fonts from PC to AS400. First problem is how to take an object (resources of AFP) from PC , move them to AS400 and then registering them as objects in the libraries. Second problem is how to register ported fonts, so AFP Toolbox will be able to use them. Thanks, Roman www.aadt.com ...

User Profile Maintenance
I need to disable about 300 user profiles that are no longer valid. Is there a quick way to set the *STATUS to disabled other then manually updating each one? ...maybe with an SQL update. Thanks much! -MBL- Spot wrote: > I need to disable about 300 user profiles that are no longer valid. Is > there a quick way to set the *STATUS to disabled other then manually > updating each one? ...maybe with an SQL update. > > Thanks much! > > -MBL- I assume your list of users is in a file so you could use a CL program with DCLF FILE & rcvf then chgusrprf &user status(*disabled) then loop back to read more records. Or you could use an sql cursor to read then & use the sql call statement: call QCMDEXEC ('chgusrprf ' || user ||' status(*disabled) ',000000003900000) where 39 is the length of the command including 10 for the user field. Jonathan Thanks Jonathan - That will work! Thanks Jonathan - That will work! ...

Date format from AS400
Hello, I have a database file on PC that comes from AS/400 and it has a date column in which there are really strange values I cannot convert to a real date format. The file is in binary format and if I view the file in any hex editor I can see the (distinct) values are (hex notation, 4 bytes): 10008E0F 1001D91F 10108E0F 1011D91F 1020C0CF 10BAD91F 10C46C0F 10C4BC1F 10CDBC1F B220BC1F B2266C0F B2268E0F B25B6C0F B261D91F B27BD91F B290D91F B29D6C0F So far I only discovered that these values has 'F' at the last nybble which means the value is a positive number. But how can I read these values on PC in any standard language like C, vb, pascal or anything other than COBOL in which I believe these values were created, so I can obtain a date from them ? It doesn't look like EBCDIC nor packed decimal. -- greets, Lolek What did you download this with? It looks like packed ebcdic to me LOLek wrote: > Hello, > > I have a database file on PC that comes from AS/400 and it has a date column > in which there are really strange values I cannot convert to a real date > format. > The file is in binary format and if I view the file in any hex editor I can > see the (distinct) values are (hex notation, 4 bytes): > > 10008E0F > 1001D91F > 10108E0F > 1011D91F > 1020C0CF > 10BAD91F > 10C46C0F > 10C4BC1F > 10CDBC1F > B220BC1F > B2266C0F > B2268E0F > B25B6C0F > B261D91F > B27BD91F > B290D91F > B29D6C0F >...

Index Creation Date
Does Microsoft SQL Server keep a record of an index creation date and last modified date in a system table somewhere? If the index is a primary key or unique constraint, then you can find the create data in sysobjects - see sysobjects in Books Online for the details. Otherwise, I don't think it's possible. MSSQL 2000 doesn't store the modified date for objects, although 2005 does. Simon hi you can check for crdate in sysobjects table just try linking sysindexes and sysobjects tables in master database. u might get the solution best Regards, Chandra http://groups.msn.com/SQLResource/ http://chanduas.blogspot.com/ --------------------------------------- *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

default user profile
We are having some odd errors on our XP machines, and I believe the problem may be related to a customized default user profile that we are using. We cusomized the default user profile by logging onto a fresh XP install, made the changes to the profile that we wanted, then used the profile manager to copy that profile to other XP boxes in our domain. However, when I did that, I stupidly overwrote the original default user profile, without backing it up on our XP machines, and thus can't get it back. I could install a new XP box, then log in as a user, change nothing, ...

Web resources about - Creation date of User Profiles - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Creation science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Creation science proponents often refer to the theory of evolution as " Darwinism " or as "Darwinian evolution". The overwhelming consensus ...

Huge demand for Bakery on O’Connell creation cronut cone - AdelaideNow Search Search
... cone. ADELAIDE is going nuts over a new food sensation known as the cronut cone. North Adelaide’s Bakery on O’Connell is home to the creation ...

Samsung Announces the Gear 360: Consumer VR Content Creation
... Rather than the extreme setups that we see with some of the current players in this space, Samsung is focusing on bringing VR content creation ...

Manage your audio creations with SoundCloud Pulse
... Skype Qik will head into the sunset late next month . Image credit: SoundCloud Blog SoundCloud Pulse: for creators Manage your audio creations ...

Creation of mini-organs follows mini-brains; teeny Frankensteins unlikely
(credit: Tyler Irving/Boyang Zhang/Kevin Soobrian ) To go along with mini thinking brain balls grown in lab, researchers have built functional, ...

"When judges are not interpreting, they’re creating, and to understand judicial creation one must understand ...
Writes Judge Richard A. Posner in a WaPo column titled "The Supreme Court is a political court. Republicans’ actions are proof." Priors are ...

What recession? Job creation jumps in February
Despite the strong headline number, the closely watched average hourly wages actually declined for the month.

Officials announce creation of Dubai endowment consultancy
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Officials speaking on behalf of Dubai's ruler have announced a new endowment center in his name.

Adobe rolls out new enterprise app creation service
Adobe has merged two of its app development services into one, in an attempt to help businesses easily build professional-looking apps, without ...

Check out the creation of the Steve Wozniak wax sculpture
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is well on his way to becoming a life-sized action figure. Not really, but we’re nerds, and that’s how we prefer ...