CRTBNDRPG and *PCML (PGMINFO)

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate a PCML file. But when i compile the  RPG Source
file (wich i get no errors), the rpg compiler doesn't seem to generate
the PCML file (wich i specified to go to '/tmp' dir in IFS, by
specifying the 'INFOSTMF' keyword), worst i don't even get an error.

Please Help. What am i doing wrong.
I'm using iSeries V5r2.

thanks,
Lu�s Marques

Did you specify INOSTMF('/tmp') or did you specify
INFOSTMF('/tmp/aFileName.pcml')?

If the first thing is true, then have a look at the root directory and look for
a file called 'tmp'.

On our box (German) everything goes fine with the .pcml files, except for that
the .pcml files contains invalid characters for comment lines. I already
reported that defect to IBM support. They are working on it.

Thomas Raddatz

"Lu?s Marques" <luis.marques@i2s.pt> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to generate a PCML file. But when i compile the  RPG Source
> file (wich i get no errors), the rpg compiler doesn't seem to generate
> the PCML file (wich i specified to go to '/tmp' dir in IFS, by
> specifying the 'INFOSTMF' keyword), worst i don't even get an error.
>
> Please Help. What am i doing wrong.
> I'm using iSeries V5r2.
>
> thanks,
> Lu�s Marques

IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection

Build a MISC IBM-compatible system?
The last time I looked at MISC processors, Jeff was sticking them in mouses and having a tough time convincing vendors of the potential. Why not just take it a step further, and enter the home/business computer market? Use the cheaper process to manufacture a chip with a few dozen of the same MISC die on them, create an on-chip "emulator" that will provide the same instruction set as an AMD Athlon XP or Intel Pentium 4, and plug this into a normal motherboard. Sure you still have to deal with the bloat of the motherboard, operating system and software - but it is a step in the rig...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice
While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or a subsidiary window. Opening a full screen VDOS, Win-3.1 or OS/2 window cured the bug. Mensys in *.nl agreed this was weird but said they'd heard of it before: IBM made a cods-up of the newer MOUSE.SYS and broke the support for serial mice; it seems too many people have gone over to PS/2 mice and their testing has gone lame. (IBM keep control of the source code, one learns, so only an idiot could blame this on the eCS folks.) The best fix Mensys can offer, lacking a rush of code-fixing keenness by IBM, is to see something gets done for the next installer refresh, to install the appropriate version of MOUSE.SYS. The fix in my case was to copy the MOUSE.SYS from CD:\ECS\BOOT to OS:\OS2\BOOT then reboot. All is happy now. I must say eCS, at version 1.2, is starting to leave Warp 4.52 in the dust with its general improvements. (Many are non-obvious.) And the new installer continues to be a great help. -- Andrew Stephenson Andrew Stephenson schrieb: > > While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd > problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine > except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or > a subsidiary window. Opening a full screen VDOS, Win-3.1 or OS/2 > window cured the bug. > ...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to find a utility to reformat them. HTH, Charles In article <3fr4h0hqcq8dpeibqkmac7cv9ilm85oupt@4ax.com>, reply@here.org says... > i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 > server. > > i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a > generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . > > they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive > ( ie. formatting) > > are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? > > is it the drive microcode ? > > am i out of luck on these drives ? > > drive cage = type 6713 > ibm FRU = 59H6611 > drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) > thank you , i`ll look into that - drives seem to stop responding after adaptec bios format utility is attempted - led activity indicator goes off - no writing noise ibm/hitachi ...

Microsoft uses IBM AS400's for development.
Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work space. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on > a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that > it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be > rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse > the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most > people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work > space. MS developers are using Win 2k3 and Win 2k8 servers as development machines too and not PC(s), with VMware. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: Plonk "Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda" <fadlullah.jonnalagadda@gmail.com> wrote in message news:60deb8d3-5599-48d8-8667-6734e37a756b@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. ...

SYS 3175 in new IBM WEB BROWSER in Messenger ..
First trap in released new IBM WEB BROWSER in messenger. Messenger reports need to renew message base in the MOZ server for the Preferences. Asks for permission to download 500 headers max. Tell it OK, then: 06-29-2003 14:39:32 SYS3175 PID 055e TID 0001 Slot 0093 D:\OS2WEB\OS2WEB.EXE c0000005 15a4a79b P1=00000001 P2=00000000 P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX EAX=00000000 EBX=00000000 ECX=0013f8fc EDX=11781a18 ESI=0013f9e0 EDI=0eef2a40 DS=0053 DSACC=f0f3 DSLIM=ffffffff ES=0053 ESACC=f0f3 ESLIM=ffffffff FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030 GS=0000 GSACC=**** GSLIM=******** CS:EIP=005b:15a4a79b CSACC=f0df CSLIM=ffffffff SS:ESP=0053:0013f8dc SSACC=f0f3 SSLIM=ffffffff EBP=0013f90c FLG=00212246 MSGDB.DLL 0001:0000a79b I have PDUMP short file if wanted .. -- --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;) Mike Luther ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Auction: IBM AS400 Model 9402/F04 Midrange Computer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-AS400-Model-9402-F04-Midrange-Computer_W0QQitemZ280034992240QQihZ018QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Oct-11-06 06:48:09 PDT Item location: Schaumburg, IL, United States What could be done with this unit? It is in Schaumburg, and I'll be passing through on Saturday. Louis Ohland wrote: > What could be done with this unit? It is in Schaumburg, and I'll be > passing through on Saturday. Overall, I'd say "not much". The 9402-F04 is one of the older AS/400 models, and I always considered OS/400 a pain to use and administer. The tape drive is nothing special, the "best" use for this machine would be as a replacement for a failing unit or as a parts donor. At $100 starting bid, I'd say that you should put your money into something else, there are much better models to pick from if you want a "personal AS/400". Rick Ekblaw ...

Auction: 41G3985, SYS BRD, 70-20 SHORT for IBM
>http://cgi.ebay.com/41G3985-SYS-BRD-70-20-SHORT-for-IBM_W0QQitemZ160040431333QQihZ006QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Oct-20-06 10:21:00 PDT ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, but I am kind of desperate. I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido Guido Spadotto wrote: > Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, > but I am kind of desperate. > > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > > I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access > this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc > connections. > > Thank you for your help and patience, Hi Guido, I've used DB2 Connect to connect to an AS400 via PHP on a Linux machine. I haven't tried it on my Mac, but it's conceivable that it could be installed on OS X via the terminal. Might be worth a look. Other than that... maybe Rumba (from NetManage) running in Virtual PC? -- David Hennessy http://david.maidix.com/ I wish I could help you, but I am--alas--not a Mac expert. I do like the combination of the innovation of a MAC with the only single level store, truly object oriented OS ever made commercially viable. Have a look at this produ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

IBM Infoprin 1130 stampe as400 (msg x OBELIX)
Ciao a chiunque legga!!! Allora io ho un cliente con un sistema AS400 e una stampante IBM infoprint 1130 munita di cassetto aggiuntivo. Ora come devo configurare le 2 sessioni client access in modo da avere: PRTA=>stampa su cassetto normale PRTB=>stampa su cassetto aggiuntivo utilizzando cmq la stessa stampante? Grazie per l'interessamento!!!! "davidino" <tomomot@katamail.com> wrote in message news:48e87dd8.0404160539.770f2afa@posting.google.com... > Ciao a chiunque legga!!! > > Allora io ho un cliente con un sistema AS400 e una stampante IBM > infoprint 1130 munita di cassetto aggiuntivo. > Ora come devo configurare le 2 sessioni client access in modo da > avere: PRTA=>stampa su cassetto normale > PRTB=>stampa su cassetto aggiuntivo > > utilizzando cmq la stessa stampante? > > Grazie per l'interessamento!!!! Try something we can read. Might help..... Knibbel ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, first of all I have to apologize for the crosspost, but I am kind of desperate. I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Auction: IBM 6157-002 TAPE DRIVE FOR RS6000 and AS400 BACKUP
http://search.ebay.com/190099027288 End time: Apr-08-07 18:49:16 PDT ...

[X-Post] ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX #2
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Web resources about - CRTBNDRPG and *PCML (PGMINFO) - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc