CWBC01049 The iseries server application is not started.

I have a client the is using ODBC to import/export shipping
information from the UPS Worldship.  This has work for them for years,
until recently we had to replace their AS400.  They went from a 170
V4R5 to another 170 V5R1.  Only the user libraries were restored
during the replacement everything else like the profiles and devices
had to be manually configured.

So after everything was set up on the replacement we tested the import/
export on the UPS and it still worked with no problem, except every
once in awhile the export (UPS --> AS400) pops up the error "CWBC01049
The iseries server application is not started." and that shipment
information does not reach the AS400.

There is no specific day or time when this happens.  Sometimes it will
not happen for a week or two and sometimes it will happen a few times
a day a few times a week.

Has anyone ever had this problem or tell me where to begin to look.
I've tried looking through jobs logs but can not seem to find what is
causing the connection issue.

Thanks
0
cwhitein (100)
9/24/2010 2:41:01 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On Sep 24, 10:41=A0am, Falco <cwhit...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a client the is using ODBC to import/export shipping
> information from the UPS Worldship. =A0This has work for them for years,
> until recently we had to replace their AS400. =A0They went from a 170
> V4R5 to another 170 V5R1. =A0Only the user libraries were restored
> during the replacement everything else like the profiles and devices
> had to be manually configured.
>
> So after everything was set up on the replacement we tested the import/
> export on the UPS and it still worked with no problem, except every
> once in awhile the export (UPS --> AS400) pops up the error "CWBC01049
> The iseries server application is not started." and that shipment
> information does not reach the AS400.
>
> There is no specific day or time when this happens. =A0Sometimes it will
> not happen for a week or two and sometimes it will happen a few times
> a day a few times a week.
>
> Has anyone ever had this problem or tell me where to begin to look.
> I've tried looking through jobs logs but can not seem to find what is
> causing the connection issue.
>
> Thanks

In dos type cwbping and then system name, I would like at your host
servers.
On Sep 24, 1:32=A0pm, iseriesflorida <iseriesflor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 10:41=A0am, Falco <cwhit...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a client the is using ODBC to import/export shipping
> > information from the UPS Worldship. =A0This has work for them for years=
,
> > until recently we had to replace their AS400. =A0They went from a 170
> > V4R5 to another 170 V5R1. =A0Only the user libraries were restored
> > during the replacement everything else like the profiles and devices
> > had to be manually configured.
>
> > So after everything was set up on the replacement we tested the import/
> > export on the UPS and it still worked with no problem, except every
> > once in awhile the export (UPS --> AS400) pops up the error "CWBC01049
> > The iseries server application is not started." and that shipment
> > information does not reach the AS400.
>
> > There is no specific day or time when this happens. =A0Sometimes it wil=
> > not happen for a week or two and sometimes it will happen a few times
> > a day a few times a week.
>
> > Has anyone ever had this problem or tell me where to begin to look.
> > I've tried looking through jobs logs but can not seem to find what is
> > causing the connection issue.
>
> > Thanks
>
> In dos type cwbping and then system name, I would like at your host
> servers.- Hide quoted text -

Here is this as well.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=3Dnas1903479a42b18d13d86256f0=
500447ab5

CWBCO1049
I have an application using an ASP.NET front end to pull data from an AS400. I get CWBCO1049 - The iSeries server application is not started on a sporatic basis. I have a log and it will show the error occured at 12:04am and then on my attempt in the morning it will be fine. I would have a better handle if it was a consistent reproduceable error. Any pointers? Are you ending HOST SEVERS or any IP servers. Sounds like a backup window where something is being ran then restarted or maybe something happening in your production cycle window. ...

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Start a process as soon as Application Server starts
I have a process which is packaged in a JAR file and what it does is collect some statistics on the server and email it as soon as the Application Server (Tomcat/WebSphere...etc) starts automatically? Can this be achieved? Thanks. nkunapa wrote: > I have a process which is packaged in a JAR file and what it does is > collect some statistics on the server and email it as soon as the > Application Server (Tomcat/WebSphere...etc) starts automatically? Can > this be achieved? > > Thanks. Yes, you can. First, create a servlet and reference your process in the servlet's i...

Auction: PC Server 500 System/390 old IBM Server, 1.99p start NR
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290141153990 Starting bid �1.99 End time: 27-Jul-07 20:00:00 BST (5 days 23 hours) Pick up only - see item description for details Item location: Appleby-in-Westmorland, United Kingdom A fully loaded machine. Seller also says : I will also be selling my IBM PS/2 collection soon, so you could make yourself a whole IBM network and continue where IBM failed to take over the world! No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster an...

SN#12923 "Deploying Java[TM] Web Start Applications on the JBoss Application Server"
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 75 Issue 2 2004-05-10 Article 12923 from section "Java Technology" Includes the Automatic Update of the Client's Graphical User Interface A recent article at developer.com focuses on "Deploying Java[TM] Web Start Applications on the JBoss Application Server." Authors Olexiy and Alexander Prokhorenko describe the deployment process and the following automatic update of the client's graphical user interface (GUI) with the assistance of Java Web Start technology in a Windows...

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the U...

cannot start application server 8 ?
installed the Sun Java System Application Server 8 recently. I run the "asadmin start-domain --verbose domain1" command to try to start it, however, it didn't happen. i'm using windows 2k server SP$. thank's! -- AbdelHalim MIMOUNI so no one has seen this problem before? -- AbdelHalim MIMOUNI "Abdelhalim MIMOUNI" <mimow1@sympatico.ca> a �crit dans le message de news:A0GBe.13232$qg1.1064446@news20.bellglobal.com... > installed the Sun Java System Application Server 8 recently. I run the > "asadmin start-domain --verbose doma...

CWBCO1049-The iSeries Application is not started
Hi ALL., While defining the OleDB Connection I Got this message : Test Connection Failed because of an error initilizing provider (When i try to view the catalogs) CWBCO1049-The iSeries Application is not started The Following Steps where performed: 1.STRHOSTSVR SERVER(*ALL) 2.Grant Select on all catalog,ODBC,ISO Views to public 3.Adding SYSIBM lib to the user global user library list 4. Stop/Start QUSRWRK 5. Using two connection string : Provider=IBMDASQL.DataSource.1;Password=XXXXX;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=XXXXX;Data Source=XXXXX Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Persist Securit...

Running java client/server application in JBoss (Application Server)
Hi, Can anyone help me how to run an client/server java application in a application server like JBoss? (sorry, I don't know what is the correct term for this) The scenario: I have to connect to an ISO8583 server, and the server require me to send login, echo periodically, in other words, the session is maintained (let's call it ISOThread). I would like to have something like message-driven bean, that will receive a request, and send to this ISOThread to process the request. I can not figure it out, where should this ISOThread live ? in which container ? Better explanation: 1. A Clien...

mvBase Server application & Pervasive SQL application on Same Server
I have a project to put two different applications, in two different databases, onto a single server. I am seeking input from anyone who has attempted a similar project. One application is in mvBase 1.3.02, while the other is in Pervasive SQL. In a secondary situation, we'll have one application in mvBase 1.3.02, and another in SQL Server. Both, or all of these databases seem to grab as much free memory as they can, and not relinquish said memory back to the system resources pool. I will be closely monitoring the system wide parameters and the individual parameters of ...

IBM Servers, HP Servers and Sun Enterprise Servers
Eolparts a.k.a. your favorite "Sun Spot" on the internet offers you only the best services on the widest selection of brand name remanufactured computer hardware. Save up to 80% off the original list price of all Sun Products and Parts! eolparts is a premier global supplier of Sun workstations, Sun Servers and Internet infrastructure hardware. We provide our customers with the highest quality refurbished products paired with an unmatched host of professional services. Our world- class customer service is pivotal in the way we do business by putting our clients=92 needs first; we foc...

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1 L System. Our DB Server had IP of "100.101.102.103" and our Tomcat Application Server (IP of 200.201.202.203) used to talk to above DB onn Port 1521. The syste
I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1 L System. Our DB Server had IP of "100.101.102.103" and our Tomcat Application Server (IP of 200.201.202.203) used to talk to above DB onn Port 1521. The system was working great for 6 months or so. Then we changed our Netwok Locations of these Boxes and now both of them have different IP. DB IP: 1.2.3.4 App IP: 50.51.52.53 (Note above IP are hypothetically for example) But now when I run my DB and LSNRCTL, I am surprised that it is still listeneing on my old IP: --------------------------------------------------------------...

How to read a file when the application server starts
Hi, I need to be able to read a file when I start the application server. Can some please help me. I would example some examples. Regards Simon Google on java startup classes In your web.xml file, you can specify to load a servlet on statup: <servlet> <servlet-name>action</servlet-name> <servlet-class> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet </servlet-class> <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> </servlet> Put your code for reading the file in the init() method of that servlet. ...

IBM WebSphere Application Server Enterprise
https://query.lotus.com/passport/eorder/Express?P0=E1&part_number=D5ALBLL,D5AL3LL&catalog_url=http://www.ibm.com/software/info/ecatalog/html/&country=FIN This product costs over 30 thousand Euros. Does anyone know where I could download it for free? -- /-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ------------- Finland --------\ \-- http://www.helsinki.fi/~palaste --------------------- rules! --------/ "'So called' means: 'There is a long explanation for this, but I have no time to explain it here.'" - JIPsoft Joona I Palaste wrote: > ...

How to start Oracle Application Server on Linux
How oracle application server is started on linux. I installed the application server 10.0.2 on windows and linux. In windows the services can be started through opmnctl but in linux i could find any of such. Can any1 tell me how to start it ? arfan.ameer@gmail.com wrote: > How oracle application server is started on linux. I installed the > application server 10.0.2 on windows and linux. In windows the > services can be started through opmnctl but in linux i could find any > of such. AFAIK version 10.0.2 does not exist. In version 9.0.4 opmnctl it's under $ORACLE_HOME/opm...

Server applications won`t start
Hi folks, it`s me again... Problem: Everytime I try to start a server application (Apache, Overnet, ...) it immediatly quits WITHOUT any error messages.... any ideas? Greetings, Manuel Manuel Treitinger <treitinger@aon.at> writes: > Problem: Everytime I try to start a server application (Apache, > Overnet, ...) it immediatly quits WITHOUT any error messages.... any ideas? How do you start them? I don't know about Overnet, but Apache is typically started with a command that spins it off into a different process and then returns. Without any messages. Are you s...

Server-Side Applications Via Web Start?
*** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com *** Hello, I'm running a Java-based application (jedit.jar, v4.1final, specifically) using Web Start. I can get the application to run from my webpage on a linux-based server and manipulate files on a PeeCee at school. Okay, fine. What I would *like* to do is start the application from my page as before, but have it "running" on my linux server. In other words, I'd like the client PeeCee to essentially act as an X-terminal and just display the application while the actual application, its plugins and settings and t...

Application Server for 11g applications
Hi to all, i want to use Oracle JDeveloper 11g for a web application and i don't know how to deploy without an application server of the same version (oralce has released only Application Server 10g)... anyone can help me thank you, -- vannyn In message <14439b9f-1d67-44d2-bf9e-fe8b77afdfb4@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, vannyn <ascoltalatuasete@gmail.com> writes >Hi to all, > >i want to use Oracle JDeveloper 11g for a web application and i don't >know how to deploy without an application server of the same version >(oralce has released ...

Start an application from another application
I need to start an application from another application and I need to do it in GNU C. I have done it in Borland C with a Spawnl but that doesn't wotk in GNU C. I have tried "execv(&fname, NULL)" which correctly starts the program but doesn't return before the program quits. What I need it to start an applications and then just move on and forget about it. How do I do that in GNU C? Thanks, Jens. <j.munk@<remove this>maccor.com> writes: > I need to start an application from another application and I need to do it > in GNU C. I have do...

Application Server (Http server)
Hello, i have just installed oracle application server (only the web server) in my computer. i have two links in "Start->All programs->Oracle - webserver" : --- Launch Console --- Oracle Application Server Control the "Launch Console" is working ,its openning my http://hostname:80 but my "Oracle Application Server Control" IS NOT WORKING . why? i have not done any setting? how does it support to work ? My configurations : windows server 2003 oracle 10g 10.2.0.0 Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.1 Thank you noumian wrote: > Hello, i ...

Start writing applications
If I want to start learning how to program OSX applications - very small windowed applications but also background programs, where do I then start= As far as I understand the programming language is XCode? Where do I find good beginner guides for that? Thanks In article <4a03479d$0$90271$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, "Kurt" <sdfsdfhj321sdfjhg@gmail> wrote: > If I want to start learning how to program OSX applications - very small > windowed applications but also background programs, where do I then start= > > As far as I understand the programming language is XCode? > Where do I find good beginner guides for that? > > Thanks XCode is the free IDE that Apple makes available for developers to use. You should find the developer tools available for separate installation on your Mac's install DVD, and you can get updated versions of XCode and other tools at Apple's developer web site. There are multiple languages supported with or without XCode, but the one Apple promotes is the Objective-C language. You can find books on developing in Obj-C, and perhaps other respondents will offer advice. -- Steve W. Jackson Montgomery, Alabama In article <stevewjackson-B87024.15520707052009@news.individual.net>"Steve W. Jackson" <stevewjackson@knology.net> wrote: > In article <4a03479d$0$90271$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, > "Kurt" <sdfsdfhj3...

Starting gdm/x server without any application?
Hello all, is it possible to start the x server over gdm without any specific application? Actual situation: after booting/auto logon -> the .xsession file is executed. In this file i start xeyes and the x server is closes itself after i've closed xeyes. <.xsession file> xeyes </.xsession file> Now i want to start without any application (no entrys in .xsession file), but the xserver closes after one or two seconds. Is it possible to start the server without entrys...

Starting J2EE 1.4 Application Server (Linux)
Hi, When I launch the "J2EE 1.4 Application Server" in Linux, I receive this error: Error: Cannot connect to X11 server ':0.0'. Check that the DISPLAY environment variable is correctly set or try rerunning this application with the following usage: 'j2eesdk-1_4-dr-linux-eval-app' -console When I launch $> j2eesdk-1_4-dr-linux-eval-app -console then I get this error: Error: Cannot find the required Motif binaries. Check that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable includes the directories that contain the Motif binaries this are my variable setting : DI...

sun application server 8 crashes after its start immediately
Hello. I 've practised EJB writting and started them using sun application server. Unfortunetaly since some time I am unable to start the server. I obtained the debug log as follows: [#|2004-05-14T14:52:18.953+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver-pe8.0|javax.enterprise ..system.tools.admin|_ThreadID=10;|core.tmp_folder_deletion_failed|#] [#|2004-05-14T14:52:18.953+0200|SEVERE|sun-appserver-pe8.0|javax.enterprise. system.core|_ThreadID=10;|Server stopped due to Server startup failure.|#] [#|2004-05-14T14:52:18.953+0200|INFO|sun-appserver-pe8.0|javax.enterprise.sy stem.core|_ThreadID=11;|sending n...

Web resources about - CWBC01049 The iseries server application is not started. - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Patent application shows how Apple Watch could measure ambient sound to adjust volume of iPhone alerts ...
iPhones could in future automatically sound louder or quieter notification alerts depending on the level of background noise. A patent application ...

Stugan Games Accelerator Opens Applications for 2016
Games accelerator Stugan has opened its application process for its 2016 summer program. The program will accept 20 aspiring game developers, ...

eHosting DataFort to provide next generation data centre services with its Cisco Application-Centric ...
Al-Bawaba eHosting DataFort to provide next generation data centre services with its Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure ... Al-Bawaba ...

Remote application server streamlines Windows desktop delivery
... that they need is therefore a challenging task. Cross platform solutions specialist Parallels is launching a new version of its Remote Application ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa route that allows 200
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

Toshiba Launches 40V N-ch Low ON-resistance Power MOSFET for Automotive Applications
Toshiba launched a 40V N-ch power MOSFET, &quot;TKR74F04PB,&quot; for automobile applications, including DC-DC converters, high capacity motor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 25% YoY
From the MBA: Rates Drop, Refi Applications Surge in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications increased 9.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications drop 2.6%
Mortgage rates fell last week, but so did record amounts of snow across much of the East Coast. Here's the connection.

Bjarke Ingels impressed by graduate's video job application
BIG founder Bjarke Ingels says he is "honestly impressed" by young job applicant Étienne Duval, whose covering letter is an animated rap that ...