Data Migration from AS400 to PC

Hi
I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the
"manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating
the process of migrating data from AS to PC.
Thanks
Paulo
Portugal

On Mar 28, 6:17=A0pm, white hair <PauloTrigoMor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the
> "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating
> the process of migrating data from AS to PC.
> Thanks
> Paulo
> Portugal

What kind of database on the PC?
For SQL you could use DTS.  For Excel I like CVTPFXLS (3rd party
shareware).  There is also the OS command CPYTOIMPF.  FROG does a good
job of building CSV files.  SQL queries can also be used.
0
graybeard (174)
3/29/2008 2:16:59 AM
Try FTP.

This is for flat files (may be indexed)
If you don't bother to copy the files first to QS36F
and name the member like the file name
than you may use the program that I stored
at http://www.prym.nl/getme
Just enter IP of the AS/400 (could be anywhere)
userid and password, the file to get (member name
must equal file name) and destination. Than Start

Let me know if you are going to use it.
Cheers,
Ace

white hair wrote:
> Hi
> I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the
> "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating
> the process of migrating data from AS to PC.
> Thanks
> Paulo
> Portugal

0
no1043 (243)
3/29/2008 3:22:03 PM
"Ace" <no@spam.pls> wrote in message
> Try FTP.
>
> This is for flat files (may be indexed)
> If you don't bother to copy the files first to QS36F
> and name the member like the file name
> than you may use the program that I stored
> at http://www.prym.nl/getme
> Just enter IP of the AS/400 (could be anywhere)
> userid and password, the file to get (member name
> must equal file name) and destination. Than Start
>
> Let me know if you are going to use it.
> Cheers,
> Ace
>

> white hair wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the
>> "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating
>> the process of migrating data from AS to PC.
>> Thanks
>> Paulo
>> Portugal

Hi Paulo, I tried your program and it worked fine.  The character fields
translate perfectly, but not the numeric (floating-point) fields.  Can these
be converted in the PC environment?
Colin
South Africa

Colin wrote:
> "Ace" <no@spam.pls> wrote in message
>> Try FTP.
>>
>> This is for flat files (may be indexed)
>> If you don't bother to copy the files first to QS36F
>> and name the member like the file name
>> than you may use the program that I stored
>> at http://www.prym.nl/getme
>> Just enter IP of the AS/400 (could be anywhere)
>> userid and password, the file to get (member name
>> must equal file name) and destination. Than Start
>>
>> Let me know if you are going to use it.
>> Cheers,
>> Ace
>>

>> white hair wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the
>>> "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of
>>> automating the process of migrating data from AS to PC.
>>> Thanks
>>> Paulo
>>> Portugal
>
> Hi Paulo, I tried your program and it worked fine.  The character
> fields translate perfectly, but not the numeric (floating-point)
> fields.  Can these be converted in the PC environment?
> Colin
> South Africa

I'm sorry, I don't know. I cannot let this program change. It is just like
that.

Ace

0
no1043 (243)
4/2/2008 3:06:14 PM
On Mar 29, 4:22=A0pm, "Ace" <n...@spam.pls> wrote:
> Try FTP.
>
> This is for flat files (may be indexed)
> If you don't bother to copy the files first to QS36F
> and name the member like the file name
> than you may use the program that I stored
> athttp://www.prym.nl/getme
> Just enter IP of the AS/400 (could be anywhere)
> userid and password, the file to get (member name
> must equal file name) and destination. Than Start
>
> Let me know if you are going to use it.
> Cheers,
> Ace
>

> white hair wrote:
> > Hi
> > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the
> > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating
> > the process of migrating data from AS to PC.
> > Thanks
> > Paulo
> > Portugal- Hide quoted text -

Hi
Thanks for your tip.
I use FTP now. But I have a problem, I can't upload or download EXCEL
files.
Can you help?
Paulo

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to find a utility to reformat them. HTH, Charles In article <3fr4h0hqcq8dpeibqkmac7cv9ilm85oupt@4ax.com>, reply@here.org says... > i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 > server. > > i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a > generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . > > they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive > ( ie. formatting) > > are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? > > is it the drive microcode ? > > am i out of luck on these drives ? > > drive cage = type 6713 > ibm FRU = 59H6611 > drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) > thank you , i`ll look into that - drives seem to stop responding after adaptec bios format utility is attempted - led activity indicator goes off - no writing noise ibm/hitachi ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

IBM AS400

Web data to AS400
Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming and then some. What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? Thanking any suggestions, I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group. "Chad White" <chadwhite12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3a886508-1295-4ca1-bffb-b62576d2f863@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown > software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to > get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to > do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, > but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but > no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well > and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming > and then some. > > What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? > > Thanking any suggestions, > > I do thank all the pros for taking time to ...

Archiving AS400 data
I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we keep the AS400 plugged (unplugged) for the next seven years?....etc. Is the data DB2/UDB? What sort of data tools do you you have on your new platform? You could extract the data to another platform. However, to make any sense out of it would require programming. If your company has been audited on a regular basis, the audit reports should suffice for the seven years. The working papers are used to support the audited financials not live data. Dick J (AZ) Larry wrote: > I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we > no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do > need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven > years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified > BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to > archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by > a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we > keep...

as400 cannot ping PC
I have a simple network setup: one as400 at v5r1, a w2k PC and a linksys router that connects everyone to the internet. Everything is working, but I cannot ping the pc from the as400. I can client access from the PC to the as400 and the as400 tells me its ip address is 192.168.1.8. Which matches of course with what ipconfig displays on the PC. The as400 is 192.168.1.160. I can ping it from the pc. The as400 can ping the linksys router. Its ip addr is 192.168.1.1. There is no firewall running on the PC, the router or the as400. Why would the as400 not be able to ping the pc? thanks, Steve Richter Check the routing entries on the AS400. Go CFGTCP option 2. Esp note the *DFTROUTE srichter@autocoder.com (Steve Richter) wrote in message news:<7b73919b.0408180537.69b2c608@posting.google.com>... > I have a simple network setup: one as400 at v5r1, a w2k PC and a > linksys router that connects everyone to the internet. > > Everything is working, but I cannot ping the pc from the as400. > > I can client access from the PC to the as400 and the as400 tells me > its ip address is 192.168.1.8. Which matches of course with what > ipconfig displays on the PC. > > The as400 is 192.168.1.160. I can ping it from the pc. > > The as400 can ping the linksys router. Its ip addr is 192.168.1.1. > > There is no firewall running on the PC, the router or the as400. Why > would the as400 not be able to ping the pc? > &...

PC FTP to AS400
My VB .net application used to work now it doesn't, nothing has changed with the application. I FTP long file names (or used to) to our AS400 but since last Wednesday I get this "Specified object name too long, limit is 10 characters: LINE20050219." message. The filename I was sending was LINE20050219_000000.txt so I'm not sure why LINE20050219. is in the error message. The commands being executed are as follows: open xx.xx.x.xxx userid pswd cd /home/celeb STOR line20050219_000000.txt I am (and have been) using an FTP .DLL that has an uploadfile procedure and the only parameter to pass is file name. The .dll issues the raw FTP commands hence the STOR command vs a put. Hopefully someone can shed some light on what may all of a sudden be wrong... thanks in advance for any help Jerry, look in your IFS at the security on your other LINE text files. What happens if you run this manually from the PC, same results?? JerryB wrote: > My VB .net application used to work now it doesn't, nothing has changed > with the application. I FTP long file names (or used to) to our AS400 > but since last Wednesday I get this "Specified object name too long, > limit is 10 characters: LINE20050219." message. > The filename I was sending was LINE20050219_000000.txt so I'm not sure > why LINE20050219. is in the error message. The commands being executed > are as follows: > > open xx.xx.x.xxx > userid > pswd > cd /home/cele...

Ftp from as400 to PC
Hello, I have packed value in a file in the AS400 and I need to send my file from as400 to PC and I need to send my file from pc to AS400 with FTP but I have a problem with packed caracteres please could you help Best regards Dave try to use "bin" it is - "Representation type is binary" after you sign on, type bin Gary it's not ok :( "Gary Segal" <segalgary@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1127411171.724353.279550@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > try to use "bin" it is - "Representation type is binary" > > after you sign on, type > bin > > Gary > Dave wrote: > Hello, > > I have packed value in a file in the AS400 and I need to send my file from > as400 to PC > and I need to send my file from pc to AS400 with FTP > but I have a problem with packed caracteres > > please could you help > > Best regards > > Dave Whether you get them to your PC in ASCII or EBCDIC, the PC won't know what to do with the packed fields. You probably should do a CPYTOIMPF on the AS400 side first and produce a comma delimted file with numeric fields 'converted' from packed to 'unpacked'. Scott Hello, just one question : what for do you need your file on PC ? is it to send it via email? to display it ? to copy it in another database on PC ? sometimes i need to transfer files from one system to another, then i use FTP to get a S...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

as400 data modelling tool
hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? ERwin has some support for AS/400 (ie, System i), but they don't support all the latest features. You might consider Rational Data Architect v7, I believe you can download a free trial from their website. ibcarolek wrote: > hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly > have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data > modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the > column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. > Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for > friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are > tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the > picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? > -- Kent Milligan ISV Enablement - System i kmill@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) GO HAWKEYES!! >>> ibm.com/iseries/db2 (opinions stated are no...

AS400 disk controller in a PC...
Yes you read that right, has anyone tried this before? I have a 2741 disk controller that I've put in a Win98 PC. The system sees it as a SCSI Bus Controller (which it is) but can't find drivers for it. Has anyone tried this before and have see it working? Just being curious. I haven't tried this in a newer OS like XP yet. It may work fine there. BTW, I also have a 2838 network card in a PC and it works find. Windows found it as an AMD 10/100 card. I guess PCI is PCI weather it's PC or AS400. Probably doesn't work the opposite way though, I would imagine OS400 requires a particular chip set or something that prevents us from adding a $40 network card to an AS400. Thoughts...comments... Shane I think I see your problem: 2741 is a "golfball" printer terminal. You probably need to look for a printer driver. ;) Shane Penney wrote: > Yes you read that right, has anyone tried this before? I have a 2741 > disk controller that I've put in a Win98 PC. The system sees it as a > SCSI Bus Controller (which it is) but can't find drivers for it. Has > anyone tried this before and have see it working? Just being curious. > I haven't tried this in a newer OS like XP yet. It may work fine > there. > > BTW, I also have a 2838 network card in a PC and it works find. > Windows found it as an AMD 10/100 card. I guess PCI is PCI weather > it's PC or AS400. Probably doesn't work the opposite ...

browser access to as400 data
how do I secure browser access to as400 data? Should the user be logging onto the website which provides access to data on the as400? No doubt, but what should the user name and password be? If the user logs on with an as400 user name and password, how do you prevent the password from being transmitted thru the web, from the browser to the web server? The web server in this case is a windows xp PC with IIS installed. The usage has, to date, been limited to users behind the firewall. Now there is a need for users in another location to access this internal web server. thanks, If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should be no issues with visible passwords. Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your situation. On Sep 22, 11:28=A0am, "walker.l2" <walker...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: > If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should > be no issues with visible passwords. > > Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or > as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- > On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same > credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your > situa...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

CRLF FTP AS400 to PC
Hi, I need to FTP from AS400 PF to PC textfile (.txt). I already success to FTP the file, but at the end of the textfile there is an additional empty line. I need to omit this line. How to do it? Example: My PF in AS400 (lenght 100 Alphanumeric) MT10X Text.......... 000001 {1:F01PDSSIDJ1RST10058091516}{2:I103INDOIDJRXXXXN}{3:{113:0070}}{4: 000002 :20:140058091516 000003 :23B:CRED 000004 :23E:SDVA ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Data Migration
Data migration involves converting data from one format to another system o= r newer format. However, more than 80% of data migration projects fail to a= chieve desired success, run late or over budget. This could heavily put you= r enterprise application deployment at risk and negatively affect your busi= ness operations.=20 It may seem that migrating data is a straightforward task, but data migrati= on is a critical and complicated process. Therefore, to make data migration= project successful, it is important for you to identify the potential risk= s and activities in advance. On...

How to edit data in a document which is in an as400 printqueue
Is there a possibility to change things in a document when it is located in an as400 printqueue When possible how can i do this. and what kind of code is in the queue (ascii or ebcidic) can anyone help ?? Thank in advance a newbie Redrum Redrum wrote: > > Is there a possibility to change things in a document when it is > located in an as400 printqueue > When possible how can i do this. and what kind of code is in the queue > (ascii or ebcidic) > can anyone help ?? If you mean a spooled file there's no way to change it, unless copying the spooled file (with CPYSPLF or QSP* APIs) apply the desired changes and print back to a new spooled file. -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker Copy to pf ,edit it ,Print it~ ...

Help
Hello, I need some help.I'm developing a solution for a customer, who as a AS400 system. I have developed a Web solution but kno they want to have me to interact with the AS400. They have absolut now programming experience - I have a lot but not on a AS400. The solutoon I'm after is to call the programon the AS400 and maybe send keybvoard input to the AS400 in order to put data to the AS400. In regard to receiving data I have an Ide to type in the command and then parse the screnn returned to me into the web. However looking into the 5250 protocol I can see that it is not an easy job. How can I solve this problem ? The customer has a very small budget but really need the functionallity. Cheers Henrik PC5250 supports an API, I think it's called ENHLLAPI. Check out the help on the app, and possibly in Informatino Center. If you're using a different emulator, such as Rumba, you'll have to check their documentation, but I believe they also support similar function. Anyway, the API basically lets your application 'read' the screen, and poke keystrokes. "heboth" <henrik_thystrup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:56ea9eda.0411051339.1ab3f3e9@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need some help.I'm developing a solution for a customer, who as a > AS400 system. I have developed a Web solution but kno they want to > have me to interact with the AS400. They have absolut now programming > experience - I have a lo...

AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese
Hi, I am trying to transfer a file with simplified Chinese characters using the AS400 Data Transfer Utility. I am using Win2000 (chinese (PRC) as the locale), V5R3 Service Pack SI17742. I have set the emulator's host code page to 1388 (Simplified Chinese). When I downloaded the file, I saw strange characters. Then, I changed the user profile to CCSID = 935 and successfully download the file to view the simplified chinese characters. However, I then tried to enter Equation and it prompts an error. Is there anyway to work around this problem? Thanks a lot! ...

DTS -- SQL Server Data to AS400
Hi, I'm trying to dug this issue since couple of days but couldn't find any solution. I have SQL server 2000 SP 3 and Host Integration Server 2000 SP 1 running. I'm able to download data from AS400/DB2(V5R2M0) into SQL server, using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 in DTS. But when I tried to upload the same table (downloaded from AS400 into Sql server) back to AS400, I got the following error. HResult of 0x8004206a(-2147213206) returned Unexpected error occurred. An error result was returned without error message. Anyone knows any thing about plese help me with this issue. I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance Noor ...

Web resources about - Data Migration from AS400 to PC - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Greece scrambles to implement migration deal
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Government officials in Greece signaled Saturday that implementation of a migration agreement between the European Union ...

What to expect from Windows 10 migrations
Process changes spurred by Windows 10 servicing model will test IT more than tech-related migration issues.

Storks stop migration to eat trash
Storks are forgoing their annual migration in favor of spending their winters picking through the landfills of Europe.

The Latest: EU issues harsh audit of past migration spending
BRUSSELS (AP) — The Latest on European efforts to respond to massive migration (all times local):

Storks Ditch Migration for Year-Round Landfill Life
The baby-deliverers of folklore overwinter in Spain and Portugal, opting for a stable junk food diet over the annual trip to Africa.

Webscale Networks Offers Magento Users Free Cloud Migration
... (a popular e-commerce Web platform) customers signing up for a Webscale Pro contract prior to April 30, 2016 will be eligible for free migration ...

Storks Give Up Migration to Eat ‘Junk Food’
European white storks have forsaken their yearly journey in favor of eating garbage.

Migration Crisis Looms in Background of Brussels Terror Attacks
A massive migration wave has made it all but impossible for countries to monitor who comes and goes in many European countries.

What to expect from Windows 10 migrations
Enterprise adoption of Windows 10 is moving at a faster clip than previous operating-system updates as companies shrink the typical time frame ...