declare global temporary table with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver

Hello.

V5R2

I try to create global temporary table in my Windows java application:
((java.sql.Connection) conn).createStatement().execute("declare global
temportary table test (c1 integer)");

With COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver it works, but
with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver I get such SQLException:
--start--
java.sql.SQLException: [PWS9801] Function rejected by user exit
program IMBEPSQL in QUSRSYS. Cause . . . . . :   User exit program
IMBEPSQL in library QUSRSYS  called for the function and returned an
indication that the function should not be done. Recovery  . . . :
Determine why the user exit program rejected the function, correct the
problem, and run the function again.
--end---
((SQLException) ex).getErrorCode() = -101
((SQLException) ex).getSQLState() = "HY001"

Is it possible to declare tables with this driver?

Sincerely,
Mark B
0
4.spam (55)

Constant com.ibm.as400.access.Job.MESSAGE_REPLY_WAITING Example..
Constant com.ibm.as400.access.Job.MESSAGE_REPLY_WAITING Example.. Hello, Does anyone have an example on using the MESSAGE_REPLY_WAITING constant? I know how to print it out byut that is not usefull.. Here is an example of find BATCH jobs... JobList jobList = new JobList (system); jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_JOB_TYPE, Job.JOB_TYPE_BATCH) -------------- Another thing.. jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_ACTIVE_JOB_STATUS, <You can use any of the ACTIVE_JOB_STATUS_* constants> I just can not find an example of how to use.. MESSAGE_REPLY_WAITING T...

com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionHandle.getMetaData(AS400JDBCConnectionHandle.java:330)
Hi, I am running a web app on WAS 5.0 on Linux connecting to iSeries V5R2 for DB2 access using the tool box driver. Most of the time this works fine but occasionally I get the stuff listed below. When this happens the app just crashes out. Its weird because this happens on pages that where running fine 5 minutes ago. It appears like my connections are going stale but my app thinks they are fine. There is no firewall between the two boxes so I cant blame it on the firewall killing the connection. Has anyone seen this before or am I totally off on the wrong track. Any help would be most appreciated. BTW It does not seem to happen when running on WAS 5.0 on the iseries but then its on the same machine and the drivers local. Mutley. [03.08.21 14:14:10:162 BST] 6bcc1e57 WebGroup X Servlet Error: : java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnectionHandle.getMetaData(AS400JDBCConnecti onHandle.java:330) at com.ibm.ejs.cm.pool.ConnectO.getMetaData(ConnectO.java:2121) at com.ibm.ejs.cm.proxy.ConnectionProxy.getMetaData(ConnectionProxy.java:572) at com.ibm.db.db.base.DatabaseConnection.getConnectionMetaData(DatabaseConnecti on.java(Compiled Code)) at com.ibm.db.db.base.DatabaseConnection.disconnect(DatabaseConnection.java) at com.ibm.db.db.DatabaseConnection.disconnect(DatabaseConnection.java) at com.ibm.db.beans.DBSelect.close(DBSelect.java) at com.ibm.db.beans.DBSelect.close(DBSelect.java) at com.kdpsoftware.landmark.LogIn.LogInQuery.close(LogInQ...

Constant com.ibm.as400.access.jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_JOB_QUEUE
I am using the following code to try and return a list of jobs that sre running in QBATCH5 --- QSYSObjectPathName path = new QSYSObjectPathName("QGPL","QBATCH1","JOBQ"); jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_PRIMARY_JOB_STATUS_ACTIVE, Boolean.TRUE); jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_PRIMARY_JOB_STATUS_OUTQ , Boolean.FALSE); jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(JobList.SELECTION_JOB_QUEUE, path.getPath()); For some reason it brings back a list of my Active jobs that show up in WRKACTJOB... Shouldn't jobList.addJobSelectionCriteria(Jo...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be st...

IBM AS400

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi. What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on V5R1) ? Regards, Tom tom wrote: > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? Probably FTP. "tom" <tomeks@comp.pl> wrote in message news:c8c9u5$fb4$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi. > What`s the rocommended method of copyting data beetween two AS400 (both on > V5R1) ? > > Regards, > Tom > > It depends how often you are doing the copying & how much there is. If you want say one record but every 3 seconds then you...

AS400 to AS400 connection
Hi All I am creating a database trigger to write details real time from tables on one AS400 to another over our WAN. Is there such a concept as ODBC connections on the AS400 to perform this task and if so can anyone explain how I would configure such a connection. There will be a process on the receiving AS400 waiting to process the data as soon as it is received. All provious data transfer between AS400's in our organisation have been using SAVF and FTP but this is a differnet issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered Iain Iain racontait dans comp.databases....

Filemaker + ibm as400 Help!!
Good Morning Somebody know how the program "Filemaker" could be connected with ibm "as400". may be with ODBC? Please try to help me !!! Thank you in advance Regards Mauriv63 mauriv63@tin.it Maurizio Verdi wrote: > > Good Morning > Somebody know how the program "Filemaker" could be connected with ibm > "as400". may be with ODBC? You have got to be kidding... Actually, having a look at the iSeries (which are the latest as400s) it may be possible. But... OK, the as400 would need to have the Linux option running and then you can try and ...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Re: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs.
Superboer said: > > well i do not know which idiot came up with SOA > (Service-Oriented Architecture) > > in dutch soa is short for sexual overdraagbare aandoening... > > sex disease..... > > they offer their customers a soa??? > > WOEHA.. Yep, via a poxy server. :o) -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien ` dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche did i mention i like nulls? heck, i even go so far as to say that all columns in a table except the primary key could/should be nullable. this...

IBM PS/2 : ftp.pc.ibm.com is closing down (or is it?)
Hi all, Browsing along I stumbled on this ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special Watch for the warning Then look at the filedate Let's see what happens tomorrow . . . . -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special/cdtfiles/ Looks to be stuff on 65xx series here. JWR wrote: > Hi all, > > Browsing along I stumbled on this > > ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/specia...

Non-IBM alternative to "IBM Access Connections" ?
I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic for use on any laptop with Windows XP. Does such an animal exist? -Rob XP should already be able to do this automatically. Go to the Network Connections folder. Select 'Advanced' from the menu bar, 'Advanced Settings'. The &...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs.
Martin Fuerderer wrote: > Hi everyone, > > one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > > > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ > ^^^^ > |||| > please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead > quote it like this: > > http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ > > The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, > to which an original HTTP request without...

DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE problem
A bit longwinded; apologies in advance. My client has two large iSeries machines, both at V5R2 (they may be logical partitions of the same physical machine; I'm not sure.) The DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE statement in SQL behaves a little differently on the two machines, causing me problems. I am issuing the statement in the Run SQL Scripts window of the navigator; *SQL naming is in effect (this matters.) On the development machine, the table created is owned by the group profile to which my user profile belongs; there is no *GROUP authority generated, and *PUBLIC authority ...

Error while declaring a global temporary table
Hi, I have very little knowledge about creating Procedures/functions in DB2. When i tried to create the test function like CREATE FUNCTION GET_TEST (P_TEST_ID INTEGER, P_SEL_OR_SORT INTEGER, P_TEST VARCHAR(2) ) RETURNS VARCHAR(1000) SPECIFIC GET_RULE LANGUAGE SQL NOT DETERMINISTIC READS SQL DATA STATIC DISPATCH CALLED ON NULL INPUT EXTERNAL ACTION INHERIT SPECIAL REGISTERS BEGIN ATOMIC DECLARE v_TEST VARCHAR(4000); DECLARE v_TEST_Select VARCHAR(4000); DECLARE v_TEST_Sort VARCHAR(1000); DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE TEMP_TEST ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS4...

Re: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #2

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #5
Hi, there doesn't seem to be an e-mail address. But the bespoke web-page at http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ has a link for feedback: look for "Feedback" in the left navigation area on the page ... Regards, Martin -- owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 14.12.2005 22:15:52: > ok Martin... give us the e-mails of those guys, we have a few things to tell > them :)) sending to informix-list sending to informix-list ...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #3
ok Martin... give us the e-mails of those guys, we have a few things to tell them :)) > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org > [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Martin Fuerderer > Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:35 > To: doubleecho@your.com > Cc: informix-list@iiug.org; owner-informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. > http://www-306.ibm.com/) > > > ... Rather, you should > > mention to the IBM web server people that they need to fix > their web > ...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #4
Hi, there doesn't seem to be an e-mail address. But the bespoke web-page at http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ has a link for feedback: look for "Feedback" in the left navigation area on the page ... Regards, Martin -- owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 14.12.2005 22:15:52: > ok Martin... give us the e-mails of those guys, we have a few things to tell > them :)) sending to informix-list "Martin Fuerderer" <MARTINFU@de.ibm.com> wrote in message news:dnseuo$fa5$1@news.xmission.com... > > Hi, > ...

error on server ibm.software.vasmalltalk at news.software.ibm.com
400 Permission denied writing SMstore file -- throttling Configuration: Account: news.software.ibm.com Server: news.software.ibm.com Protocol: NNTP Port: 119 Secure(SSL): 0 Error Number: 400 Code: 800ccca0 "James Foster" <news@JGFoster.net> wrote in message news:Qcqdna69Jcvu0VbYnZ2dnUVZ_tGsnZ2d@totallyobjects.com... > 400 Permission denied writing SMstore file -- throttling > > Configuration: > Account: news.software.ibm.com > Server: news.software.ibm.com It appears that the entire IBM newserver is having problems (not just that one newsgroup). That seems to happen periodically. You can always post to our VA Smalltalk forum if you have a v7.x issue... http://www.instantiations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12 -Eric Clayberg Sr. Vice President of Product Development Instantiations, Inc. mailto:clayberg@instantiations.com http://www.instantiations.com/vast ...

Web resources about - declare global temporary table with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc