Documentation tool for AS400, help

Hi !
CabledSoft have developed a documentation tool (DSP400i) for any AS/400
(iSeries). It show the ERP system in many useful ways, when you look for
errors, or upgrading the system.
This software is developed in Sweden.

Is there anyone, who have English (or other big languages) as first
language and work with AS/400, and like to write ?

Then please visit www.cabledsoft.com , and contact us.

Maybe we can do something together in the future.

Best Regards
//Micke
0
micke6970 (2)
11/22/2004 8:56:08 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Documentation tool for AS400, help with translation
Hi ! CabledSoft have developed a documentation tool (DSP400i) for any AS/400 (iSeries). It show the ERP system in many useful ways, when you look for errors, or upgrading the system. This software is developed in Sweden. Is there anyone, who: - Have English (or French, Deutsch, Spanish...) as first language. - Work with AS/400. - Like to write. Then please visit www.cabledsoft.com , and contact us. Maybe we can do something together in the future. Best Regards //Micke ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Help-Help documentation
I put a block on a new window and then "Misc-->Help"and then clicking on the block no documentation appears. Only the cross becomes an arrow. Any help? Mike wrote: > > I put a block on a new window and then "Misc-->Help"and then > clicking on the block no documentation appears. > Only the cross becomes an arrow. > Any help? Some blocks don't have any help but most do. Is the help working otherwise (in Scilab)? Ramine ramine nikoukhah wrote: >Mike wrote: > > >>I put a block on a new window and then "Misc-->Help"and then >>clicking on the block no documentation appears. >>Only the cross becomes an arrow. >>Any help? >> >> > >Some blocks don't have any help but most do. >Is the help working otherwise (in Scilab)? > >Ramine > > > > Please provide step-by-step instructions to check it out. ramine nikoukhah wrote: > Mike wrote: > >>I put a block on a new window and then "Misc-->Help"and then >>clicking on the block no documentation appears. >>Only the cross becomes an arrow. >>Any help? > > > Some blocks don't have any help but most do. > Is the help working otherwise (in Scilab)? > > Ramine The following error message appears on the terninal window: /usr/lib/scilab-2.7/tcl/browsehelpexe:error while loading s...

Definitions AS400 to mainframe. Help!
Looking for some answers to Defining an as400 to a mainframe running NCP/PEP on a 3745. It's been awhile. We get the following errors when trying to bring up the AS400: IST680I CONNECTION REQUEST DENIED - ID = S10B1A9C PU GEN NOT SUPPORTED IST1394I CPNAME = APPN.S10B1A9C STATION ID = 020005605400 IST081I LINE NAME = J000T039, LINE GROUP = TRNLG21 , MAJNOD = PEP029 Definition on the mainframe side is: H29W881 VBUILD TYPE=SWNET,MAXGRP=2,MAXNO=12 P29W881 PU ADDR=03, REQ'D, BUT NOT USED X IDBLK=056, AS/400 REQUIRED X IDNUM=B1A9C, AS/400 PU SERIAL NUMBER X DISCNT=NO, X MAXOUT=1, X MAXPATH=1, X MAXDATA=265, X VPACING=0, X PUTYPE=2, X DLOGMOD=SNX32702 FOUND IN SYS1.ISTINCLM * D29W881 PATH DIALNO=02044000129B1A9C, SA=29 AS/400 S/N=10600VM X GRPNM=TRNLG1 Any help appreciated. email is a good one. -- SweetAndyLicious >>>email: sweetandylicious@eml.cc Does IST680I mean that the "automatic generation" at the dialed system is disallowe...

File managaement tool for AS400
All, just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool which can let us work without a DDS. To be specific, are anyone aware of any tool which is similar to FILEAID?. Also, i am aware that fileaid can be installed for DB2, but, can we install the same thing directly in AS400? ...

PDF Document printing from the AS400
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. Take a look at CVTSPLSTMF http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/CoolNew.htm "Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> schreef in bericht news:IGbSc.40853$V96.32907@cyclops.nntpserver.com... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print > on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. > > Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document > printing/serving from the AS400? > > These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in > various colors of ink and on various types of paper. I...

AS400 Remote Access help
I need a little help... The boss just gave me a 9406-170 with V5R2 (after a major upgrade). I have it at home, wired into a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. I can connect to the 400 from anywhere in the house, trouble is, I need remote access while traveling. Can someone point in me the direction to get this 400 to see the internet? I am on Verizon DSL. I have an IP address that changes about 3-4 weeks. Thanks Ken Pate wrote: > I need a little help... > > The boss just gave me a 9406-170 with V5R2 (after a major upgrade). > > I have it at home, wired into a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. > > I can connect to the 400 from anywhere in the house, trouble is, I need > remote access while traveling. > > Can someone point in me the direction to get this 400 to see the internet? > > I am on Verizon DSL. I have an IP address that changes about 3-4 weeks. > > Thanks > > Set-up your router to open and forward port 23 (and maybe others if you want full iSeries Access for Windows functionality) to the internal(private) IP address you've given the 400. You may also want to check if your router supports the dyndns or similar service that will allow you to use a dns name to connect to the 400 from anywhere on the Internet regardless of how often your IP address changes. Angus Thanks Angus, That took all of 2 minutes & I can see the AS400 outside of my LAN!!!! Data Transfer...does that run off port 23 as ...

as400 data modelling tool
hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? ERwin has some support for AS/400 (ie, System i), but they don't support all the latest features. You might consider Rational Data Architect v7, I believe you can download a free trial from their website. ibcarolek wrote: > hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly > have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data > modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the > column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. > Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for > friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are > tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the > picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? > -- Kent Milligan ISV Enablement - System i kmill@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) GO HAWKEYES!! >>> ibm.com/iseries/db2 (opinions stated are no...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

need as400 SMTP help
I had SMTP working but every time that I start it now I get 4 or 5 pairs of jobs of type PJ in a running status going off almost immediately that gradually use more and more of the processor until they are over 90% and I have to stop SMTP. This is without trying to send any emails, and after an IPL it still happens. I have to stop SMTP because the whole system bogs down. Now I can't even start SMTP because it only takes a few minutes until the processor is up to 95% or so. I wrote down the name of the 2 jobs but I left the paper at work. Does anyone know how I can clear SMTP of whatever it is trying to do? Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida Hey Joe in Florida, You might give this a try... http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/70edb20ef13bb59c86256634005e9f20?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,SMTP,reset I've used this in the past when SMTP gets hosed. Not sure if it's relevant to your OS level, though. I found this on IBM's knowledgebase. HTH, Jonas Darth wrote: > I had SMTP working but every time that I start it now I get 4 or 5 pairs of > jobs of type PJ in a running status going off almost immediately that > gradually use more and more of the processor until they are over 90% and I > have to stop SMTP. This is without trying to send any emails, and after an > IPL it still happens. I have to stop SMTP because the whole system bogs > down. Now I can't even start SMTP because it only takes...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

File managaement tool for AS400 #2
All, just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool which can let us work without a DDS. To be specific, are anyone aware of any tool which is similar to FILEAID?. Also, i am aware that fileaid can be installed for DB2, but, can we install the same thing directly in AS400? >just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool >which can let us work without a DDS. iSeries Navigator from iSeries Access can do that. (if you're using Windows) -- Bob Comer On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:17:36 -0800 (PST), cowboy007 <Sai.Bhagavatula@gmail.com> wrote: >All, > >just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool >which can let us work without a DDS. > >To be specific, are anyone aware of any tool which is similar to >FILEAID?. > >Also, i am aware that fileaid can be installed for DB2, but, can we >install the same thing directly in AS400? ...

PDF Document printing from the AS400 #2
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. You could try using FOP. But you need to look @ java on the iseries and XSLT. This is a low cost solution for what you need, and it is free, just your time. Thomas, have a look at our software "i4Win". It enables you to do this job and close your project within minutes. Regards Andreas Goering http://www.goering.de / www.goering.us (for north America) ============================================================== Thomas Hauber <thauber@printgrc.com> wrote in message news:<nysSc.80693$V96.558@cyclops.nntpserver.com>... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department wan...

How to edit data in a document which is in an as400 printqueue
Is there a possibility to change things in a document when it is located in an as400 printqueue When possible how can i do this. and what kind of code is in the queue (ascii or ebcidic) can anyone help ?? Thank in advance a newbie Redrum Redrum wrote: > > Is there a possibility to change things in a document when it is > located in an as400 printqueue > When possible how can i do this. and what kind of code is in the queue > (ascii or ebcidic) > can anyone help ?? If you mean a spooled file there's no way to change it, unless copying the spooled file (with CPYSPLF or QSP* APIs) apply the desired changes and print back to a new spooled file. -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker Copy to pf ,edit it ,Print it~ ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

HELP: accessing AS400 data in Oracle
I'm trying to access data from AS400 using gateway. e.g. SELECT * FROM LIB.FILE2@AS400 It works for some tables only. All tables are from the same library and have all privilages granted to Oracle. I just guess that it does not work for the tables that were added on the AS400 recently but I'm not sure. I've never used gateway before. The error I'm getting is the following: ORA-0942:tableor view does not exist ORA-02063:preceding line from AS400 Of course I checked AS400. The table exists. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Andrzej Urbanowicz <andrzeju@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105023866.601325.23650@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to access data from AS400 using gateway. > e.g. SELECT * FROM LIB.FILE2@AS400 > It works for some tables only. All tables are from the same library and > have all privilages granted to Oracle. I just guess that it does not > work for the tables that were added on the AS400 recently but I'm not > sure. I've never used gateway before. > > The error I'm getting is the following: > ORA-0942:tableor view does not exist > ORA-02063:preceding line from AS400 > > Of course I checked AS400. The table exists. > Any help is greatly appreciated. > Thanks > Andrzej Urbanowicz > Are the table names case sensitive ? Just an idea, I don't know AS400 ... Matthias Hoys wrote: > <andrzeju@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:110502...

Help
Hello, I need some help.I'm developing a solution for a customer, who as a AS400 system. I have developed a Web solution but kno they want to have me to interact with the AS400. They have absolut now programming experience - I have a lot but not on a AS400. The solutoon I'm after is to call the programon the AS400 and maybe send keybvoard input to the AS400 in order to put data to the AS400. In regard to receiving data I have an Ide to type in the command and then parse the screnn returned to me into the web. However looking into the 5250 protocol I can see that it is not an easy job. How can I solve this problem ? The customer has a very small budget but really need the functionallity. Cheers Henrik PC5250 supports an API, I think it's called ENHLLAPI. Check out the help on the app, and possibly in Informatino Center. If you're using a different emulator, such as Rumba, you'll have to check their documentation, but I believe they also support similar function. Anyway, the API basically lets your application 'read' the screen, and poke keystrokes. "heboth" <henrik_thystrup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:56ea9eda.0411051339.1ab3f3e9@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need some help.I'm developing a solution for a customer, who as a > AS400 system. I have developed a Web solution but kno they want to > have me to interact with the AS400. They have absolut now programming > experience - I have a lo...

Web resources about - Documentation tool for AS400, help - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

GNU Free Documentation License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The GNU Free Documentation License ( GNU FDL or simply GFDL ) is a copyleft license for free documentation, designed by the Free Software Foundation ...

Facebook Tweaks Documentation For Developers
Facebook continued its focus on developers with its release Thursday of improved documentation for FQL and the software-development kits for ...

Making Our Documentation Better
Over the past several months, our engineering team has been working on improving the quality of our documentation. Today, we are excited to announce ...

Facebook shares new documentation for local currency pricing, sets migration for Q3
Facebook today provided updates regarding its transition from Credits to local currency pricing. The company offered new documentation for game ...

Emergent Documentation: One way that Agile is very different from Waterfall.
(from a 2012 email) One of the questions I always get around the use of Agile is, how do you do the documentation? Many people are very uncomfortable ...

BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store on ...
Get BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Documentation in Software Development
There is currently a trend to produce “just enough” documentation in software development. We should however not forgot that what we might estimate ...

The Documentation Dilemma
Back when 37signals was consulting, we gradually weaned ourselves off of documentation. It’s normal practice in the design world to produce lots ...

Apple publishes OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 Core Technologies Overview documentation
A new developer document posted to Apple’s website today details the technologies that power OS X Mavericks. The 36-page document includes information ...

Facebook Releases ThreatExchange API Documentation
... information about malware and other security threats, and the social network announced Friday that the application-programming-interface documentation ...