Does anyone use IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries(.net provider)?

My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement
update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer
was not.
And my statement is
   update tablea set xxxx   where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where
xxx;
It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed.

And the SqlClient OracleClient support this;
the SqlClient is:
   update tablea set xxxx   where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where
xxx;

the oracleClient is :
  Begin  update tablea set xxxx   where xxx ; update tableb set xxx
where xxx;  End

0
wildfish (26)
8/13/2005 2:11:15 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

wildfish wrote:
> My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement
> update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer
> was not.
> And my statement is
>    update tablea set xxxx   where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where
> xxx;
> It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed.
>
> And the SqlClient OracleClient support this;
> the SqlClient is:
>    update tablea set xxxx   where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where
> xxx;
>
> the oracleClient is :
>   Begin  update tablea set xxxx   where xxx ; update tableb set xxx
> where xxx;  End

You do not need the ; to indicate the SQL continues on to the next line.
thanks a lot.I will try it on monday:)

0
wildfish (26)