Does somebody have the tutorials of using "db2 connect" as connection server?

I'm trying to find out some tutorials of using "db2 connect" as an
connection server.
Wanna to use this to save the tcp/ip connections and have a block read
ability.
it's great if  u share me with the example of c#  :)

0
wildfish (26)

wildfish <wildfish@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to find out some tutorials of using "db2 connect" as an
> connection server.
> Wanna to use this to save the tcp/ip connections and have a block read
> ability.
> it's great if  u share me with the example of c#  :)

You could start digging from :

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0402cho
ng2/index.html

(sorry for the URL truncation)

it's the fifth article of a lengthy series, and I keep them all handy
for my db2 installs.

Googling the title should give you the other articles.

best regards,

    Davide Grandi
--
Ing. Davide Grandi
davide.grandi@mclink.it

network: "Connection Failed", no "Connect As..."
hello, i have two macs and a windows 2000 server. both macs can see the win box in the Finder's SHARED section. one mac can connect to it, using the saved Administrator credentials. the other mac (new one), cannot -- it just says "Connection Failed" each time i click it. i click "Connect As...", but it never shows me the login prompt. i have rebooted. any ideas whats up? thanks, sm ...

How do you make an ODBC connection not use the "Use Trusted Connection"?
I have an Access front end that uses an ODBC connection to a SQL Server database. Every time i come into my Access front end and try to execute a query, it fails and the prompts me with a SQL Server Login . The dialog has the server name, a checkbox for "Use Trusted Connection", a login ID and password. of course if the checkbox is checked, the login ID and password are greyed out. It defaults to the checkbox being checked. I can't for the life of me find out where to change it so the checkbox is always unchecked by default and it uses a specific login ID and password each time. any help is appreciated. thanks... -fd Obviously, the ODBC Data Source is created with Windows security (Trusted Connection). That means user's (youor) user account is used in the Access application to connect to SQL Server. If your windows account does not have required permission to access said SQL Server database, then you get the prompt. If you cannot change the DSN, then you need to have your windows account given needed access to the SQL Server database; or you can change the DSN to use SQL Server security and enter SQL Server login username/password there, so that any application using that DSN will not need username/password to log into SQL Server database (of course you need to make sure data is correctly secured). "forest demon" <mete.hanap@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2d54bf95-a6f9-4001-9468-aabb217699b4@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com......

Difference between "Connection accepts" and "Connection requests"
Hello, In output from netstat (e.g. "netstat -p tcp -a | grep -i conn"), I see lines like: 2755505 connection requests 340186 connection accepts 3086161 connections established (including accepts) 3428998 connections closed (including 2379842 drops) 0 connections with ECN capability 785 embryonic connections dropped 119647 Connections dropped due to bad ACKs What's the difference between the connection-lines? Specifically: What's the difference between "connection requests" and "connection accepts&quo...

"connect'" returns before server "accept"s
It seems even in a blocking socket world, "connect" can return immediately if the server has been set to "listen" but has not called "accept" yet. This is mentioned on the HPUX11 connect manpage, and I've seen the behaviour on Sun even though the manpage doesnt mention it. Is there a way to get "connect" to really block until accept() is called? If this is not possible, perhaps there is a more specific solution for my actual problem: (1) A connection was established between client (connect) and server (bind + listen + accept). After communication, a...

Error: "Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server"
Hi NG I have just installed CounterStrike on SuSE 9.0 When i try to run the program i get following error: // linux:/home/xx/.wine/fake_windows/Sierra/Counter-Strike # wine cstrike.exe Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified x11drv: Can't open display: :0.0 // Can u please help me Thanks SjeM <sm@ask.me> writes: > linux:/home/xx/.wine/fake_windows/Sierra/Counter-Strike # wine cstrike.exe > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server > Xlib: No protocol specified Can you run other X program...

When to use "." and when to use "!"
I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains it properly. I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 about VB and so on. It's telling me about how to refer to a specific database and has the example:- Dim dbMyDb As DAO.Database Set dbMyDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) but, but, but, but - what do those dots (periods, full stops, call them what you will) mean? (OK, it appears to be the same usage as C/C++/Java when referring to class/structure members, but I wish it would tell me that somewhere) Why are there dots used in referring to object members in this case but when referring to controls on forms (for example) one uses "!". Surely there must be somewhere that helps one understand this basic syntax. -- Chris Green Generally, a dot exposes properties and methods and a bang (!) exposes members of a collection. So forms!frmMyForm.Visible refers to the visible property of frmMyForm, which is a member of the forms collection. What makes this harder (or easier, depending on your perspective) to grasp, is that Access has gotten more and more forgiving about using the "wrong" notation. usenet@isbd.co.uk wrote in news:44316bba.0@entanet: > I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains > it properly. > > I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 > about VB and so on....

I AM FRUSTRETED WITH "imapd[31356]: cannot connect to saslauthd server: Connection refused" ERROR
hello experts i have spended last whole week to diging out solution for this situation is like this i am configuring cyrus sasl and imap 2.1.15 i am authenticating through openldap-2.1.22 for users in imap ok now i start runing my Ldap / imap / saslauthd -a ldap now my user get tested with testsaslauthd testsaslauthd -u valmik -p valmik localhost i got saslauthd[1551] :rel_accept_lock : released accept lock saslauthd[1549] :get_accept_lock : acquired accept lock saslauthd[1551] :do_auth : auth success: [user=valmik] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=ldap] saslauthd[1551] :do_requ...

10.2 "connect to server" won't stay connected
Using go->connect to server seems to work on occasion, not sure if my server is moody, but I can connect sometimes. Regardless, if my 10.2 G4 goes to sleep, my server connection is gone and I have to reconnect. Can this connection remain permanent? Does this seem to be a server issue and not a Mac issue? thanks, anthony In article <f0a79190.0402271255.4a2dd4e6@posting.google.com>, ajc1961@yahoo.com (anthony) wrote: > Using go->connect to server seems to work on occasion, not sure if my > server is moody, but I can connect sometimes. Regardless, if my 10.2 > G4 goes...

Non-IBM alternative to "IBM Access Connections" ?
I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic for use on any laptop with Windows XP. Does such an animal exist? -Rob XP should already be able to do this automatically. Go to the Network Connections folder. Select 'Advanced' from the menu bar, 'Advanced Settings'. The 'Adaptors and Bindings tab will show a connections window with the priority for the connections. The higher in the list, the higher the priority. I have my wired connections up top and my wireless connection below. Hopefully this is what you are looking for. Simon "Rob" <xxy@xxz.com> wrote in message news:jrvjv1h9246e9igb1rukdb30pll8fmec50@4ax.com... > I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) > that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless > connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I > know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it > for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic > for use on any laptop with Windows XP. > > Does such an animal exist? > > -Rob > I'm not sure if that stops your wir...

Connecting "signed" to "std_logic_vector" ports.
Hi, As I understand it, good practice dictates that in a synthesis-targeted setting, components should use ports of type std_logic or std_logic_vector only. Certainly Xilinx's IP generation tools provide components with this philosophy. My design is well-suited to the use of signed types from IEEE.Numeric_Std. From my investigations I believe that the correct way to connect signed signals to std_logic_vector ports is by converting the types in the component instantiation port map. E.g., where x and y are compatibly- sized signed signals: U1: somedevice port ma...

"stateful tracking" and "connection tracking"
Hi community, It's not clear to me the difference between "stateful tracking" and "connection tracking", the first one is said to be proper of OpenBSD PF/IPF, the second one of Gnu/Linux IPTables. Many people say IPTables offers better performance and PF/IPF offers an easier syntax, but what about proper "stateful inspection"? I do know that a personal experience is the best answer, but I'd like to know yours. Thanks a lot in advance Dario wrote: > Hi community, > It's not clear to me the difference between "stateful tracking&...

"Could not connect to ADAMS server"
I am running co-simulations with Matlab/Simulink and ADAMS and am having problems. For some reason, I have started getting the following error about 90% of the time when running simulations: Error reported by S-function 'adams_plant' in 'climber_main_model/adams_sub/ADAMS Plant/S-Function': Could not connect to ADAMS server I can't figure out what the problem is, as I can open up ADAMS by itself with no trouble. I am able to connect to the licencing server too, because our license expires soon and a command window pop up and informs me of such (I wouldn't get t...

"A connection with the server could not be established"
I have a jornada 720 and a sharp gx10 im trying to surf the web. I can get a connection to the web using a dial up isp but cant surf any web pages, i just get this pop up message "A connection with the server could not be established" Anyone no how to get around this problem? Josh wrote: > I have a jornada 720 and a sharp gx10 im trying to surf the web. > > I can get a connection to the web using a dial up isp but cant surf > any web pages, i just get this pop up message "A connection with the > server could not be established" > > Anyone no how to get around this problem? In Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Connections Tab/Select: Never Dial a Connection. Any other setting can terminate the current connection. Q "Quaoar" <Quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message news:tqydnZRtn9irheyiU-KYgw@comcast.com... > Josh wrote: > > I have a jornada 720 and a sharp gx10 im trying to surf the web. > > > > I can get a connection to the web using a dial up isp but cant surf > > any web pages, i just get this pop up message "A connection with the > > server could not be established" > > > > Anyone no how to get around this problem? > > In Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Connections Tab/Select: > Never Dial a Connection. Any other setting can terminate the current > connection. > > Q > > In Internet Explorer/View/Internet Optio...

"A connection with the server could not be established"
I have a jornada 720 and a sharp gx10 im trying to surf the web. I can get a connection to the web using a dial up isp but cant surf any web pages, i just get this pop up message "A connection with the server could not be established" Anyone no how to get around this problem? ...

any https connection gets "connection refused"
This problem just started this morning. Friday there was no issue but no anytime the connection goes from http to https I get a connection refused, this includes any IM client so it is not just a certain browser. how can I pin this down or find the cause? May be you have no open ports for https. Try other client or other browser. I like Mozilla Firefox or Fast Browser Pro. Download it this -> http://aonid.biz/internet/browsers/7977-3/ It seems to be only this one computer but almost all apps have trouble when logging on to a secure site. MSN IM, Yahoo IM, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail et...

OS X 10.6.2 / Eudora 6.2.4
Hi, I have never done this before and I am just about desperate to get eudora functioning again. I have used eudora for @15 years and it suits my needs perfectly. Although I have had issues in the past something occurred in mid-November which I have not been able to resolve and, in the process, messed up some settings. No one that I know knows how to correct this so I am hoping one of you might. So, around mid-November I suddenly was not able to send an e-mail using eudora. One of the error messages I keep getting is "Server not responding. 706". Another is "...

Is "connect to server" still readonly?
Sorry if you've already seen this. If I had cross-posted the first time (and you had a smart news reader) you would have been spared... Is there a fundamental reason why "connect to server" ('Go' Finder menu) must be read-only? It appears that this is just another example of Jaguar's unfinished business. Has Apple bothered to finish the job in Panther or Tiger and incorporate a 'upload' function? Yes, I know there are many CLI (ncftp) and special purpose (Fink Commander) tools, but a general purpose 'ftp volume' on the desktop is just so cle...

Using DSL for a "simple" connection
I have done a bit of reading on connecting using a DSL connection. I have a couple of customers that DO NOT have a ethernet lan but do have ethernet adapters on their machines. The cheapest solution is a web connection through a DSL line but I have never done one. Most of these customers agree to a DSL line if they don't have to spend much else. Can somebody explain to me the most basic setup and why or why not I need VPN. The VPN has a good bit of setup while Iseries Access appears to be fairly straight forward. Can I use the DSL router/modem and go straight to the 400 with no other hardware ? DSL can be that easy to hook up and gain acces to their iSeries (400). You can 1) dial diect to the 400 or 2) connect the dsl modem to a router to their internal LAN. Then port forward or use VPN to the LAN then connect to the iSeries. You say they do not have eithernet LAN how do THEY connect internally to their iSeries? You can contact be via e-mail for more info/questions. Bill bwragg<NOSPAM>@cogeco.net "Pat Barber" <mboceanside@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:zljLg.24882$mY1.21366@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >I have done a bit of reading on connecting using a > DSL connection. > > I have a couple of customers that DO NOT have a ethernet > lan but do have ethernet adapters on their machines. > > The cheapest solution is a web connection through a DSL > line but I have never done one. Most of these cu...

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By chance I created a small program as follows: =========== s : string := "CAT"; procedure modify ( s1 : out string ) is begin s1(2) := 'U'; end modify; ... put ( modify(s) ); =========== now I get as a result "CUT", and i dont understand why i get this result. Doesnt the "out" specify that its initial value isnt passed in via the parameter? But it seems to be passed in the above. In fact the "out" is acting like an "in out". I am a little confused. Could someone shed some light on this? Many thanks! zork "zork" <zork@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4104d5de@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi i found the following explaination: > > In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are > effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. > Ada "in out&q...

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

"lantronix Xport" VS "digi connect ME" and FTP
Hi, I have a doubt about FTP in XPort or Digi Connect ME: can i make FTP from my "circuit" to another WEB site in internet? best regards stefano I think that for the XPort you would need to get the software developers kit and add ftp to the firmware. It seems that the firmware is developed using the Borland environment but I didn't find an SDK specific to the XPort. Peter "stefano" <stefano.banfigasliniVIVALOSPAM@tin.it> wrote in message news:na3bb.129250$R32.3933933@news2.tin.it... > Hi, > I have a doubt about FTP in XPort or Digi Connect ME: can i mak...

Changing "N" to "G" to Have Older Adapter Connect
I have a USB "G" adapter that i want to use on my network with an "N" router. how do I change the router so the adapter will connect? Thanks AlleyCat <alley@aohell.com> writes: >I have a USB "G" adapter that i want to use on my network with an "N" >router. how do I change the router so the adapter will connect? Thanks It should be automatic unless somebody has gone out of their way to prevent it. First, they could be talking only 5GHz, in which case, you'll need to enable a 2.4GHz radio. Otherwise, they could specify that only 54Mbps speeds are allowed on the Dot11Radiox interfaces with the 'speed' command. Undo the speed command to default it back. ...

Web resources about - Does somebody have the tutorials of using "db2 connect" as connection server? - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc