Exporting AS400 to OO-Calc or MS-Excel

Hi all,

I have also asked the question in the programming group. There seems to
be little activity there.

My question is:
Can someone point me to an easy way to export an AS400 Database to an
external file such as OO-Calc or MS-Excel (CVS). I come from MS and
Linux, and have very little experinece with AS400. I have an AS400
operator who can get to the tables etc. He does not know how to export
and access the AS400 from outside over TCP/IP, other than working with
the Access Client of IBM. How can I get the MS-Like NT server running
on the AS400, and how can I get ftp to run? How do I export the file
and how can I share the MS-Like files/directories?

Linux users wrote a great number of How-To's to get things done on it,
and publish it on the Linux Documentation Project website
(http://www.tldp.org/). Is there something similar for the AS400?

Any help greatly appreciated.

:-)
LandSr

0
LandSr (7)
8/16/2006 6:50:01 AM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9166 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Errata:
> Can someone point me to an easy way to export an AS400 Database to an
> external file such as OO-Calc or MS-Excel (CVS).

Not CVS but CSV-Export

:-/
LandSr

0
LandSr (7)
8/16/2006 7:03:36 AM
Great, I can get on with ftp! Half way there.

The AS400 admin said that the right place for the export 'file' is in
Library QGPL (I gather in my world a Library is like a directory).

With "get QQRYOUT.QQRYOUT" I retrieved:

"Retrieving member QQRYOUT in file QQRYOUT in library QGPL "

as a binary file.

I can't make sense of the contents, but if I can now get a CSV file
exported by the AS400, I'm there.

Q: How do I create a CSV of the database?

:-)
LandSr

0
LandSr (7)
You can use the Data Transfer from ISeries and in this dialog box give
the file name as follows.

Libname/Filename(fileName)
 and in the bottom half select foutput device as File and click on
Detalis Button and from there select the File type as BIFF7(MS Excel 7)
and click ok
now on main box select the location and clcik ok
u will have ur data in the form of Excel.

Thanks,
Saurabh

sonu wrote:
> Hi,
> You can use the Data Transfer from ISeries and in this dialog box give
> the file name as follows.
>
> Libname/Filename(fileName)
>  and in the bottom half select foutput device as File and click on
> Detalis Button and from there select the File type as BIFF7(MS Excel 7)
> and click ok
> now on main box select the location and clcik ok
> u will have ur data in the form of Excel.

Hi Sonu,

Thanx for the info.

I can get all the files by ftp. My problem is just to create a csv/txt
(comma delimited) file with a query or something in the AS400.

I believe you refer to the Client Access transfer option of Data
Transfer. We have a problem with the language codes between a German
user QCCSID and the French Database.  The OS is a French (Swiss), the
client is French and the Database is in German (Swiss). The Client
Access cannot convert the language specific characters for some reason.

We want to just dump/copy the database into a text file and copy it by
ftp. Is there a way in the AS400 to do that, and be sure it is in an
Excel fromat?

:-)
LandSr

0
LandSr (7)
8/16/2006 8:54:37 AM
LandSr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have also asked the question in the programming group. There seems to
> be little activity there.
>
> My question is:
> Can someone point me to an easy way to export an AS400 Database to an
> external file such as OO-Calc or MS-Excel (CVS). I come from MS and
> Linux, and have very little experinece with AS400. I have an AS400
> operator who can get to the tables etc. He does not know how to export
> and access the AS400 from outside over TCP/IP, other than working with
> the Access Client of IBM. How can I get the MS-Like NT server running
> on the AS400, and how can I get ftp to run? How do I export the file
> and how can I share the MS-Like files/directories?
>
> Linux users wrote a great number of How-To's to get things done on it,
> and publish it on the Linux Documentation Project website
> (http://www.tldp.org/). Is there something similar for the AS400?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> :-)
> LandSr

You will most likely want to use CPYTOIMPF to generate a csv file. Try
generating a work directory in the ifs with mkdir '/home/xxx' where xxx
is your userid then chgprf HOMEDIR('/home/xxx') to set it for future
use. then you can cd to the directory.
Extract your data to csv into this dir using STMFCODPAG(*acsii) or
similar otherwise you end up with ebcdic which your pc will not like
much. Then you will have to make your 1st ftp command cd / , followed
by cd ~ to get to the directory created above.

HTH
Jonathan

Have a look at the command on the following website.
Works great for me to upload db2 files to excel.
Has some nice features in it. Very easy to use.

http://www.rpgiv.org/csv.htm

SanderP

LandSr wrote:
> Great, I can get on with ftp! Half way there.
>
> The AS400 admin said that the right place for the export 'file' is in
> Library QGPL (I gather in my world a Library is like a directory).
>
> With "get QQRYOUT.QQRYOUT" I retrieved:
>
> "Retrieving member QQRYOUT in file QQRYOUT in library QGPL "
>
> as a binary file.
>
> I can't make sense of the contents, but if I can now get a CSV file
> exported by the AS400, I'm there.
>
> Q: How do I create a CSV of the database?
>
> :-)
> LandSr

If you're wanting to do this on a one-time basis then you could try my
freeware program FROG (http://www.yhti.net/~jktemple).  With FROG you
can download an AS/400 database file to CSV, HTML, text and XML.  If
you're looking to do this unattended then FROG may not be the solution.

HTH,

Jonas

0
jtemple (209)
8/16/2006 12:24:37 PM
Use Jonathan's suggestion CPYTOIMPF

Note that if NetServer is running on the iSeries, you can setup a
Windows share on the IFS and just copy (or open) from these.

Another option is to send the file directly to a Windows network share
using QNTC file system.

Here's a sample I have been using

 CPYTOIMPF  FROMFILE(*LIBL/CUSTPRFIP) TOSTMF(&CSVFILE)
              MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
              RCDDLM(*CRLF)

where *LIBL could be QGPL in your case, and &CSVFILE is a variable - in
my case intialized as

                /QNTC/floserver1/IP/IPOnTime.csv

(windows server "floserver1", windows share "IP" )

"LandSr" <LandSr@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
1155714874.142389.32140@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...
> Great, I can get on with ftp! Half way there.
>
> The AS400 admin said that the right place for the export 'file' is in
> Library QGPL (I gather in my world a Library is like a directory).
>
> With "get QQRYOUT.QQRYOUT" I retrieved:
>
> "Retrieving member QQRYOUT in file QQRYOUT in library QGPL "
>
> as a binary file.
>
> I can't make sense of the contents, but if I can now get a CSV file
> exported by the AS400, I'm there.
>
> Q: How do I create a CSV of the database?
>
> :-)
> LandSr

Command CPYTOIMPF, no ?
You give the database, the delimiter ("), the separator (,), and your result
is a csv file on AS400.
You only have to transfer it to Excel.

Jean-Claude

AS400 to AS400 connection

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Excel>MS Query>AS400
Setup: Windows XP, Excel 2003, OS400 v5r2 I am trying to connect to the as400 using MS Excel & MSQuery but keep getting the following error when I try to connect. SQL0204 - systables in qsys2 type *file not found I was able to do this on another AS400 in the past (don't recall OS400 version). I have Client Access installed so I think I have the approporiate ODBC drivers already installed. I read somewhere that the problem might be a missing or outdated jt400.jar file. If this is the case, where do I get it & how/where do I install it? Can anyone suggest possible solutions to this problem? Thanks, Jim The jt400.jar is the AS/400 Java Toolbox. If you are trying to connect using JDBC, this could be the culprit. You can find find the jar on the IBM website. If you are trying to connect another way (ODBC for eample), then this Jar probably isn't relevant. Are you sure you have authority to see the qsys2 library and systables file? walker, Thanks for the reply. I am not explicitly trying to access qsys2. I am guessing MS Query is trying to access this library/file to return a list of tables for me to query. I tried changing my user type to SECOFR and I got the same results. I am not sure why it is looking at qsys2 since my default library is qgpl. Thanks, Jim It's looking in qsys because it thinks you are looking for a table called systables (which is in the qsys2 library). Are you saying you are trying to get the AS/400 to list all of the ta...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

From AS400 to Excel
Hi all We have a number of spreadsheets that access data in other spreadsheets, that were created by an AS400 data transfer. When this was done via BOS it all worked well. Having just changed the transfer to Client Access it now transpires that the spreadsheets have to be opened and saved in a later format before they can be accessed. We have tried all of the Excel formats available in CA and the problem occurs with all of them. If we change the transfer to QDLS, will this create an XLS file extension that can be accessed by an Excel 2000 or 2003 spreadsheet without having to open and save the data download? Cheers Neil ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Exporting to MS Excel
I would like to export a result of query to Excel sheet. Mayby somebody from you know how to do this? Thanks Wojciech Wasikiewicz In article <btg7hq$40s$1@korweta.task.gda.pl>, "wojtekW" <wojtekwa@op.pl> writes: >I would like to export a result of query to Excel sheet. Mayby somebody >from you know how to do this? > >Thanks >Wojciech Wasikiewicz If the query can simply go into Excel "as is" with no special formatting then you can use DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet. Otherwise, you will need to use automation to "push" the data into Excel. -- Jon www.applecore99.com - Access Tips and Tricks In Access 97 and XP you can use the File --> Export command. In 97 it says something like Save As/Export. It opens the common dialog, you navigate to the place you want the Excel file, name it, and click Export. If you want to keep the query formatting (column widths and such) make sure the Save Formatting box is checked before you export. jsand42737@aol.com (JSand42737) wrote in message news:<20040107011519.01893.00002470@mb-m22.aol.com>... > In article <btg7hq$40s$1@korweta.task.gda.pl>, "wojtekW" <wojtekwa@op.pl> > writes: > > >I would like to export a result of query to Excel sheet. Mayby somebody > >from you know how to do this? > > > >Thanks > >Wojciech Wasikiewicz > > If the query can simply go into Excel "as is" with no special...

Export to Excel in MS Access
Hi, I have one form in access application which shows various fields from the database. The fields are like No of PCs a client has,No of employees,revenue etc. Need of the user is to filter the data on the form and export the results. I am using a Qury as the base for this form.Can I do it easily or i need to write the code to do this. Secondly can I provide a separate interface to allow user to Query and extract the data. Say, PC between <SomeRange> AND/ OR Revenue Between <Some Range> whatever result comes will be exported to the Excel file. Please tell me if you have any solution. Thanks in Advance. Rohit -- Posted using the http://www.dbforumz.com interface, at author's request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards Topic URL: http://www.dbforumz.com/General-Discussions-Export-Excel-MS-Access-ftopict241673.html Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.dbforumz.com/eform.php?p=840002 If you can utilize a query to create the data you want, then you can do a simple trick of exporting the data within Access to Excel with very little code. DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "Name Of Query", acFormatXLS This can be assigned to a button and you have your results. This works great if the query is based off the actual form. Enjoy! ...

AS400 vs MS application
I love this forum! Check it about 2 or 3 times a week for about 5 years now. I try to help were I can, but you all have helped me more than I could contribute. I have a client that is considering us (me and my father) to revamp their software. The design (how it should work) is pretty descent but the applications (how it does work) is very poor. But the main absticle we see in the proposal is that a few of store managers (about 2 of 6 stores) have a crude knowledge of pc's and want to run their stores on pc's (MS). My father and I have been helping small/miro businesses on IBM systems (S/36, S/38 and AS/400 or iseries) since 1980. My request is to any of you that can help me with the facts to present to them why the AS/400 will benifit them more than a pc (MS) based system. I know it will, but can not come up with the exact wording or examples to persuade them to make the right decision. Can you all help me. Thank you in advance. Chad White "Falco" <cwhitein@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1122350465.226650.20830@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I love this forum! Check it about 2 or 3 times a week for about 5 years > now. I try to help were I can, but you all have helped me more than I > could contribute. I have a client that is considering us (me and my > father) to revamp their software. The design (how it should work) is > pretty descent but the applications (how it does work) is very poor. > > But the main ...

how to create excel file on AS400 ?
Hello, I know how to create a CSV file on AS400, transfer it on pc, and open it with Excel. But there is no formatting, no formula... Is it possible to create a file on AS400 with my data, add it to a formatted file (on AS400), so that the new file would be an Excel file (xls), usable in Windows ? Thanks Jean-Claude On 16 Mar., 13:54, "Jean-Claude" <repondreenfo...@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > Hello, > > I know how to create a CSV file on AS400, transfer it on pc, and open it > with Excel. > But there is no formatting, no formula... > > Is it possible to create a file on AS400 with my data, add it to a formatted > file (on AS400), so that the new file would be an Excel file (xls), usable > in Windows ? > > Thanks > Jean-Claude Hi Jean-Claude. I work at Intermate where we sell InterExcel400. Take a look at www.interexcel400.com It can use predefined excel spreadsheets - e.g. with predefined formulas and chart definitions. You can even chose different fonts, borders, alignments and so on directly in the product without the use of a predefined excel template. You can download it and try it out yourself or ask for a demo. /Kim Egekjaer Go to www.systeminetwork.com Search for "create .xls file" You will find numerous commercial products as well as articles on do-it-yourself code. Denny On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:54:23 +0100, "Jean-Claude" <repondreenforum@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hello, > >...

Exporting data to MS Excel
How to export data to xls file using PHP? Is it possible to edit a look of document (like cell size, borders etc.) ? Please help. On 20 Jun, 12:13, Dawid Pustulka <DPustu...@gmail.com> wrote: > How to export data to xls file using PHP? Is it possible to edit a > look of document (like cell size, borders etc.) ? Please help. http://www.koders.com/php/fid2163EF6648BF0A5A9D58837899B249F420EF45A5.aspx?s=mary has a simple class to create a workbook in Excel97 format. phpclasses.org has some others. Alternatively a tab delimited file with a .XLS sufix will load fine into Excel. To do cell size and borders you will need to create something in Excel's xml format: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140066(office.10).aspx On Jun 20, 7:50 am, Captain Paralytic <paul_laut...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On 20 Jun, 12:13, Dawid Pustulka <DPustu...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > How to export data to xls file using PHP? Is it possible to edit a > > look of document (like cell size, borders etc.) ? Please help. > > To do cell size and borders you will need to create something in > Excel's xml format: > > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140066(office.10).aspx I find the XML method to be the easiest. But you don't have to bother trying to learn the proper nodes and structure. Just make an excel worksheet and fill it with fake data to make it look the way you want, then Save As as XML and open the resulting doc...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

MS Access to AS400 problem..
Hello, I'm still trying to get this to work. I'm using Access tabledefs to connect to AS400. I need to refresh the existing links to different AS400 machines (same tablenames). I need a DSN-less ODBC connection (not ADO OLE DB) to AS400 from Access. My function is somehting like this: Public function ConnectMe() as string dim db as dao.database dim sConnect as string set db = currentdb sConnect = "ODBC;Driver={Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit)};System=MyAS400;Uid=MyID;PWD=MyPassowrd" db.tabledefs("table1").connect = sConnect db.tabledefs("table1").RefreshLink End Function When I execute this I get the error: Reserved error (-7778); there is no message for this error. Any suggestions??? Thank you. Matthew Wells MWells@FirstByte.net You will need to drop and recreate the tabledefs. Don't forget to set the SourceTableName. See my comments in the thread http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_frm/thread/68ca9f128c3dd5c9/7955f783e029651c?q=zlatko&rnum=20#7955f783e029651c Bill E. Hollywood, FL ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Uploading Excel sheet on As400
What is the procedure to upload an excel sheet to As400? "Rushabh" <r4rushabh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e0dcbda4.0404140240.5ba00292@posting.google.com... > What is the procedure to upload an excel sheet to As400? I always use FTP - I think its perfectly simple to use & I get any error messages in plain English. -- Jonathan Bailey. If you have PC where Client Access is installed, there should be an icon in Excel toolbar "Transfer Data to Iseries". That's the easiest way. r4rushabh@hotmail.com (Rushabh) wrote in message news:<e0dcbda4.0404140240.5ba00292@posting.google.com>... > What is the procedure to upload an excel sheet to As400? Open Excel and choose icon "Transfer data to Iseries" r4rushabh@hotmail.com (Rushabh) wrote in message news:<e0dcbda4.0404140240.5ba00292@posting.google.com>... > What is the procedure to upload an excel sheet to As400? ...

(IBM throws out MS Office) IBM wirft MS Office raus
http://www.handelsblatt.com/unternehmen/it-medien/ibm-wirft-ms-office-raus;2455530 via translate.google.com: > 11.09.2009, 09:29 Clock > Lotus Symphony > IBM throws out MS Office > Axel Postinett > > IBM exacerbated the struggle for office jobs of the future and goes to the Microsoft competitors: The employees of the U.S. computer company must upgrade to the in-house office solution. The propagandists of free software are hoping for a signal. > IBM throws Microsoft Office from the computers of employees - and that exacerbated his anti-Microsoft course. Source: CaepseleLupe > > IBM throws Microsoft Office from the computers of employees - and that exacerbated his anti-Microsoft course. Source: Caepsele > > DUSSELDORF. IBM has asked its 360 000 employees worldwide to move from the Office Microsoft Office on the in-house software Lotus Symphony. So far, the IBM employees with the Mircosoft program package worked, even though its customers often IBM Lotus Symphony is recommended. > 11.09.2009, 09:29 Uhr > Lotus Symphony > IBM wirft MS Office raus > von Axel Postinett > > IBM versch�rft den Kampf um die B�roarbeitspl�tze der Zukunft und geht dabei den Konkurrenten Microsoft an: Die Mitarbeiter des US-Computerkonzerns m�ssen auf die hauseigene B�rol�sung umsteigen. Die Propagandisten von freier Software hoffen auf eine Signalwirkung. > IBM schmei�t Microsoft Office von den Rechnern der Mitarbeiter - und versch�ft damit ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Automatic transfer AS400 -> Excel
Hello I am trying to transfer data from an AS400 system to a Excel sheet, Now this is done manually by cliking the add-in from Client Access named CWBTFXLA.XLL This works but the data has to be formatted afterwards, I want to make the transfer automatic via VBA en then run some code on it. The formating code works but i can't get the automatic transfer to work. Mind you, I'am a noob on the AS400 and do not have access to the command prompt Pse help Add a module to your project in the Visual Basic Editor Add a reference to ado to your project on the vb editor (tools - references - microsoft activex data objects) Add a sub procedure to to your module called Auto_Open Forget using the client access add in - usa vba code to get the data here is a sample Public Sub Auto_Open() Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "Select * from mylib.myfile" Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset ' xxx = your as/400 ip address rst.open strSQL, "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;" Range("A2").CopyFromRecordset rst End Sub this is for office 200 and higher whenever the workbook is opened, this Auto_Open procedure will run this will fill the worksheet starting in cell A2 with the data You will have to add column headers. "Warzel" <warzel@toegang.voor.iedereen.nedeland> wrote in message news:41ebeda1$0$6221$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hello > > I am trying to transfer data from an AS40...

AS400 & MS SQL Server
Hi, Does any one have experience setting up some sort of Linked Server connection between an AS400 and SQL Server? I would like each to be able to read and write to the others file. Is the Client Access ODBC my only option here? I have heard the new iSeries offers some new methods of connecting to the SQL Server, has anyone tried these? Thanks for reading and maybe replying. Paul. Hi Paul, one easy and stable option would be java and jdbc, you can access every database from as400 as client with an appropiate type 4 driver. Dieter Paul wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one have experience setting up some sort of Linked Server > connection between an AS400 and SQL Server? I would like each to be able > to read and write to the others file. > > Is the Client Access ODBC my only option here? I have heard the new > iSeries offers some new methods of connecting to the SQL Server, has > anyone tried these? > > Thanks for reading and maybe replying. > > Paul. Paul, StarQuest has some specifics tools to access DB2 and to replicate data to/from SQL Server: www.starquest.com Hope this helps! Bob "Paul" <whateveremail@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<V23Pb.182443$ts4.164114@pd7tw3no>... > Hi, > > Does any one have experience setting up some sort of Linked Server > connection between an AS400 and SQL Server? I would like each to be able to > read and write to the others file. > > Is the...

Error transferring from Excel CSV into AS400...
I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've just received this error: --------------------------------------------- Incorrect decimal point in the record. Record number: 1 Error range (in Bytes): Start: 7 End: 17 PC Field Name: MPPD --------------------------------------------- There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer and the contents include this: --------------------------------------------- PCFDF PCFT 1 PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings PCFL MPGRP 2 6 PCFL MPPD 2 10/2 --------------------------------------------- The actual data for record 1 looks like this: 38101,1630.72 (Account Number, Amount) Any suggestions? Thanks, Lance "News" <news@news.com> wrote in message news:<0%oEb.1441$VI1.237@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>... > I'm trying to import two columns of data (acct > number, payment info) from a CSV file into the AS400. I've > just received this error: > > --------------------------------------------- > Incorrect decimal point in the record. > > Record number: 1 > Error range (in Bytes): > Start: 7 > End: 17 > PC Field Name: MPPD > --------------------------------------------- > There is an FDF file that is associated with the transfer > and the contents include this: > > --------------------------------------------- > PCFDF > PCFT 1 > PCFO 7,6,10,7,* Option Settings > PCFL ...

Web resources about - Exporting AS400 to OO-Calc or MS-Excel - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Gas Exporting Countries Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum ( GECF ) is an intergovernmental organization of 11 of the world's leading natural gas producers made up of ...

Facebook Updates Comments Box Plugin With Comment Exporting and Larger News Feed Stories
Facebook today released several updates to the newest version of its Comments Box social plugin for third party websites that will increase the ...

The Price of Oil book review: Paints a gloomy picture for prices, companies and exporting countries
In Roberto Aguilera and Marian Radetzki's new book, The Price of Oil, the two economists are optimistic about the expansion of global oil production ...

Lower dollar a boon for Canberra's wine exporting king
It may mean more expensive holidays for some, but one ACT registered company has enjoyed a profitable time thanks to the sharp fall in the Australian ...

Irish plant shut for exporting horsemeat

New online freight marketplace Cargohound aims to be the Uber of exporting
Cargo Hound wants to revolutionise the way goods are shipped from Australia.

Exporting the desperate; out of sight ... and mind
The boats have stopped, the point's been made, so why continue to treat those already ''here'' with such unconscionable cruelty?

Meat market: Andrew Forrest sees fortune in exporting beef to China
China is so desperate for good beef that Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest will be taking sample parcels of steak in his luggage on his next ...

Exporting carbon and hypocrisy: our big growth industry
Never mind our modest cuts to local emissions, new research shows Australia is heading into a carbon export boom.

Montreal men accused of illegally exporting railway equipment to Iran
Two Montreal men are charged with illegally exporting American-made railway equipment to Iran, violating Canada's Export and Import Permit Act ...