Finding the Creation Dates of User Profiles

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello:

Due to Sarbanes Oxley I need to produce a report of
what User profiles were created on my as/400 in 2004.

Can anyone tell me how to do this.. I can't find a
creation date when I do WRKUSRPRF. I can't find a
"canned" report that tells me.. there must be a way..
Thank you in advance for your help!!

0
Reply cfahey (2) 12/16/2004 8:21:37 PM

See related articles to this posting

cfahey@cshore.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Due to Sarbanes Oxley I need to produce a report of
> what User profiles were created on my as/400 in 2004.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this.. I can't find a
> creation date when I do WRKUSRPRF. I can't find a
> "canned" report that tells me.. there must be a way..
> Thank you in advance for your help!!

I'd do a DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*USRPRF) DETAIL(*SERVICE)
OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(LIBRARY/USERS) to a file and then run a query
on the creation date.

Hope it helps,

Thad Rizzi

0
Reply thad_rizzi (231) 12/16/2004 9:18:44 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9042 articles. 12 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Creation date of User Profiles
I need to determine what is the best and easiest way to determine the date a user profile was created. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Shuaib Shuaib said the following on 05.10.2004 16:39: > I need to determine what is the best and easiest way to determine the > date a user profile was created. Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks! > > Shuaib wrkobj *all/user *USRPRF and then 8 in front of it. You will have creation date/time. -- Dejan Rodiger - PGP ID 0xAC8722DC Delete wirus from e-mail address ...

find creation date of file
By using the dir function the "last change" date of a file is available in Matlab. However if I was interested in finding the "creation date" of the same file, how should/could I do that. perhaps this J-Script could be helpful? Though I am not so good at implementing Java in Matlab so someone maybe could help me turn this into Matlab: function ShowFileInfo(filespec) { var fso, f, s; fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"); f = fso.GetFile(filespec); s = "Created: " + f.DateCreated; return(s); } found at: http...

Date of creation of an MPE user
I need a list of all the users that were created this year. How can I get this list? * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * At 3:41 PM -0400 7/12/05, maneesh_jain@HOTMAIL.COM wrote: >I need a list of all the users that were created this year. How can I get >this list? At 10:21 AM -0600 2/25/05, Denys Beauchemin wrote: >Recently, I had to figure out when a certain account and some of its groups >had been created on my system. Over time, the files had been restored (wit...

Finding User Profile path
Hi, I am trying to query our domain to get a list of our users profile locations. I thought I might be able to use WMI, but I can't get it to work. I am using a Windows XP Pro workstation and Python 2.4 on a mixed environment of Debian Linux (with Samba) and Windows servers. We are in the process of moving the user profiles from an NT box to a Debian box, but due to the many different servers in the organization, it is a pain to keep track of which have been moved and which haven't. Thank you for any help. Mike kyosohma@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to query our...

Set expiration date for user profile
We would like to set an expiration date for user profiles. i.e. create a new user profile and specify that as ot 12/1/06 the profile becomes disabled. I don't see any parameters on the user profile to do this and I've been kicking around a couple of ideas on how to get this accomplished but all seem to require manual maintenance to control. Anyone done this or have an idea on how to do it? TIA RK crossroads wrote: > We would like to set an expiration date for user profiles. i.e. create > a new user profile and specify that as ot 12/1/06 the profile becomes > disabled. I d...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user
Maneesh Jain asks: > I need a list of all the users that were created this year. How can I get > this list? Local hospital birth records is the only way that I can think of. Once you have those records in hand, subtract nine months to get the actual date of creation of the user. Wirt Atmar * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * In message <159.54bbf1a4.3005865d@aol.com>, Wirt Atmar <WirtAtmar@aol.com> writes >Maneesh Jain asks: > >> I need a list...

user profiles up to date with localy installed programs
Hi. I�m using a Samba-TNG Server as PDC for my Windows 2K Clients. One client is used by 3 users. The users are only Domainusers with no local account on the Client and with a serverbased profile. My problem is: When a new programm is installed (without network install option, f.e. Winamp, WinRAR, Acrobat Reader) only the current user/profil (normally it is the local administrator) gets f.e. the startmenue entries to start these programs. So i have to edit the profiles of the other users manually to add the startmenue entries. I don�t think that this is the way it should be and wanted by t...

How do I find last login time and date for users?
I am working on a system that has been set up ages ago and I'm trying to figure out a way (if any) that I can clean up old, inactive user accounts. The problem is, that whoever set this up set it so all users use the same home folder... so checking home folder modification dates is not doable. last I found isn't really useful because I am unable to check for users that logged in say... 3 months ago. The basic aim here is to remove user accounts that have not logged in in 3 months or greater. With this current implementation, is there any way I can determine which users are inactive...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #5
Ha Ha. Love it. Great wit from Wirt! :-) I had the same issue come up some time ago so I wrote an app that will keep an audit trail (TurboIMAGE database) of jobs/sessions that execute the NEWUSER/NEWGROUP/NEWACCT/ALTUSER/ALTGROUP/ALTACCT commands via the app. I couldn't see any other way of getting this info. Console log records may give you the info you need but what happens when those log files are purged? The app provides all the date/time info when these commands were executed but if these commands are executed from the colon prompt outside of the app then the audit trail i...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #4
Quoting Paul H Christidis <pchristidis@csc.com>: > If at your site you happen to have a policy that each user is also > provided with a home group of their own, then you could deduce their > creation date indirectly by looking at the creation date of their > corresponding group. The other indirect method would require having > access to the system log files for the entire year and parsing out the > "newuser" commands. > > Regards > Paul Christidis > > I need a list of all the users that were created this year. How can I get > t...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #3
User names and other related information are kept in the HPUID.pub.sys file -- no longer stored in the formal directory as of POSIX. I don't believe the HPUID file keeps track of individual user creation dates. Sorry, Jeff Vance, vCSy=20 > -----Original Message----- .... > >:LISTFILE /ACCOUNT,3 > >:LISTFILE /ACCOUNT/GROUP,3 > > > >Reveals the answers I needed. >=20 > This applies to ACCOUNTs and GROUPs. Theoretically, the same=20 > reasoning could be used for USERs, but I have no idea how. >=20 > So, if you can find a way to (...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #2
In lieu of anything else, could you parse all your system log-files for the NEWUSER command? Sounds really time-consuming, but might work in a pinch if you have kept them for that long. -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of F. Alfredo Rego Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:23 PM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] Date of creation of an MPE user At 3:41 PM -0400 7/12/05, maneesh_jain@HOTMAIL.COM wrote: >I need a list of all the users that were created this year. How can I get >this list? ...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #8
The idea of a birth certificate is not too far off the mark. You're going to need a piece of paper authorizing access as of a certain date anyway. We generated a whole slew of access papers (with a common starting date and signatures) upon SOX implementation and have been adding to the file ever since. This includes a list of exceptions for super users like "MANAGER.SYS". You might as well fall back on that. There is no requirement that the user-creation-date be machine generated (at least not that I'm aware of.) If the user exists "on paper" but t...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #7
.... Dave wrote: > Which spawns another thought. I believe Jeff authored some=20 > scripted UDCs that help manage some of these commands when=20 > you are using user volume sets. Perhaps with some minor=20 > re-writing they can be made to log events. That is an excellent suggestion and would not be difficult to add. Where's a good place to put the log file? Not related to volume mgmt, but Greg also suggested a beneficial change to my ABORTJ script (on Jazz) where you could run it in "verify" mode and see which job/sessions are targeted to be aborted, but...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #6
At 11:47 AM 7/15/2005 -0700, Vance, Jeff H (Cupertino) wrote: >Looks like it might be time to do some script writing :) And who is better qualified.... ;-) * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

How to find the creation date of a chunk ? (not a dbspace, a chunk ?).
--0-504143858-1091557308=:68591 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hello all, Could some one tell me the fastest and easiest way to find the creation date of a chunk ? Creation date of a chunk ? (not a dbspace because I can get it from oncheck -pe |grep Created) Thank you. --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage! --0-504143858-1091557308=:68591 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii <DIV>Hello all,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Could some one tell me the fa...

user profiles up to date with localy installed programs
Hi. I�m using a Samba-TNG Server as PDC for my Windows 2K Clients. One client is used by 3 users. The users are only Domainusers with no local account on the Client and with a serverbased profile. My problem is: When a new programm is installed (without network install option, f.e. Winamp, WinRAR, Acrobat Reader) only the current user/profil (normally it is the local administrator) gets f.e. the startmenue entries to start these programs. So i have to edit the profiles of the other users manually to add the startmenue entries. I don�t think that this is the way it should be and wanted by t...

How to find the creation date of a chunk ? (not a dbspace, a chunk ?). #2
--0-2003821237-1092088394=:10165 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hello all, Could some one tell me the fastest and easiest way to find the creation date of a chunk ? Creation date of a chunk ? (not a dbspace because I can get it from oncheck -pe |grep Created) Thank you. --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage! __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com --0-2003821237-1092088394=:10...

RE: How to find the creation date of a chunk ? (not a dbspace, a chunk ?).
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C479FD.0A4705D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Mike Dont think there is a date in sysmaster for chunks - only for dbspaces and tables. If you have the Informix messages log, they are lised there when created. MW -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of Mike Smith Sent: Wednesday, 4 August 2004 6:22 a.m. To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: How to find the creatio...

extract dll | extract code for user creation, profiles and roles in oracle 8 database
hi, i need to extract user creation, profiles and roles from a oracle 8 database. does anyone have any SQL code which can help me achieve the same. i do not want to use th exp/imp process. thanks. vasant On 21.08.2011 10:15, vask wrote: > i need to extract user creation, profiles and roles from a oracle 8 > database. does anyone have any SQL code which can help me achieve the > same. i do not want to use th exp/imp process. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/overview/index.html http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18464_01/doc.30/e17472/...

Java Web Start app icons keep going in user profile not All Users profile
We are deploying a java web start application that has been programmed and delivered to us by an outside vendor onto several machines that are shared by different users. All of the users log onto our network and authenticate to a windows domain. We would like all of the icons and java items to be deployed into the All Users profile so that other people that use these PCs don't have to keep reinstalling the applications and the icons. We have changed some of the jnlp files and the temporary files section of the javaws preferences to point to the all users profile section and have told ...

Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week
Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week please advise! Matt wrote: > Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week > > please advise! Initialise a struct tm like this: struct tm tmt = {0}; Populate the fields you know. You will need, at a minimum, the day, month, and year. Months are 0-11, and you will need to subtract 1900 from the year. Pass to mktime(). That will give you a time_t. Pass its address to localtime(), giving you a pointer to a struct tm. Read that struct tm's tm_wday field, where 0 means Sund...

Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week
Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week please advise! Matt wrote: > Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week > > please advise! if date is an integer corresponding to time in a linear elapsed way then my_linear_time find_beginning_of_week( my_linear_time t ) { return ( t + day_of_week_offset ) % time_elapsed_in_week; } Matt wrote: > > Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week > Figure out what day of the week it is (read about the header <time.h>). From there i...

Doing a Find on a Range of Dates in a Date field?