Finding the Creation Dates of User Profiles

Hello:

Due to Sarbanes Oxley I need to produce a report of
what User profiles were created on my as/400 in 2004.

Can anyone tell me how to do this.. I can't find a
creation date when I do WRKUSRPRF. I can't find a
"canned" report that tells me.. there must be a way..
Thank you in advance for your help!!

0
cfahey (2)
12/16/2004 8:21:37 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9166 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

cfahey@cshore.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Due to Sarbanes Oxley I need to produce a report of
> what User profiles were created on my as/400 in 2004.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this.. I can't find a
> creation date when I do WRKUSRPRF. I can't find a
> "canned" report that tells me.. there must be a way..
> Thank you in advance for your help!!

I'd do a DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*USRPRF) DETAIL(*SERVICE)
OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(LIBRARY/USERS) to a file and then run a query
on the creation date.

Hope it helps,

Thad Rizzi

0
thad_rizzi (231)

Creation date of User Profiles
I need to determine what is the best and easiest way to determine the date a user profile was created. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Shuaib Shuaib said the following on 05.10.2004 16:39: > I need to determine what is the best and easiest way to determine the > date a user profile was created. Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks! > > Shuaib wrkobj *all/user *USRPRF and then 8 in front of it. You will have creation date/time. -- Dejan Rodiger - PGP ID 0xAC8722DC Delete wirus from e-mail address ...

find creation date of file
By using the dir function the "last change" date of a file is available in Matlab. However if I was interested in finding the "creation date" of the same file, how should/could I do that. perhaps this J-Script could be helpful? Though I am not so good at implementing Java in Matlab so someone maybe could help me turn this into Matlab: function ShowFileInfo(filespec) { var fso, f, s; fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"); f = fso.GetFile(filespec); s = "Created: " + f.DateCreated; return(s); } found at: http...

AS400 profile/user authentication
Hi, I'm a rather low level AS400 admin (it was thrust into my lap without prior knowledge of the system) and need some quick help. I'm running V5R1 p270 system I was working within the system and went to CFGTCP and then changed domain values - it was a stand alone system before i went into here. Thinking i'd be smart and add our domain in there with DNS entries...i put in the domain values. Since then, i can't access any of the folder when i UNC to the folders from my workstation - (Windows 2000 or XP). It says I don't have permission any more. ALl the profiles were/are on the AS400 and authenticate on the as400. I do not have them tied into our NT domain, so i know whats going on, but i can't seem to undo the domain authentication. I can still log into the AS400 via Client access, but since i don't have the same accounts on our NT domain, it gives me this permission denied error. How can i revert back to having the AS400 authenticate locally and not against the remote windows NT domain. Again, I have already gone back into CFGTCP and restored those values to all be *none. Thanks in advance Eric ...

Set expiration date for user profile
We would like to set an expiration date for user profiles. i.e. create a new user profile and specify that as ot 12/1/06 the profile becomes disabled. I don't see any parameters on the user profile to do this and I've been kicking around a couple of ideas on how to get this accomplished but all seem to require manual maintenance to control. Anyone done this or have an idea on how to do it? TIA RK crossroads wrote: > We would like to set an expiration date for user profiles. i.e. create > a new user profile and specify that as ot 12/1/06 the profile becomes > disabled. I don't see any parameters on the user profile to do this > and I've been kicking around a couple of ideas on how to get this > accomplished but all seem to require manual maintenance to control. > Anyone done this or have an idea on how to do it? > > TIA > RK Check out the CHGEXPSCDE command. jsev99@yahoo.co.nz wrote: > crossroads wrote: >> We would like to set an expiration date for user profiles. i.e. >> create a new user profile and specify that as ot 12/1/06 the profile >> becomes disabled. I don't see any parameters on the user profile to >> do this and I've been kicking around a couple of ideas on how to get >> this accomplished but all seem to require manual maintenance to >> control. Anyone done this or have an idea on how to do it? >> >> TIA >> RK > > > Check out the CHGEXPSCD...

Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week
Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week please advise! Matt wrote: > Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week > > please advise! Initialise a struct tm like this: struct tm tmt = {0}; Populate the fields you know. You will need, at a minimum, the day, month, and year. Months are 0-11, and you will need to subtract 1900 from the year. Pass to mktime(). That will give you a time_t. Pass its address to localtime(), giving you a pointer to a struct tm. Read that struct tm's tm_wday field, where 0 means Sund...

Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week
Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week please advise! Matt wrote: > Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week > > please advise! if date is an integer corresponding to time in a linear elapsed way then my_linear_time find_beginning_of_week( my_linear_time t ) { return ( t + day_of_week_offset ) % time_elapsed_in_week; } Matt wrote: > > Given a date, how to find the beginning date and ending date of that week > Figure out what day of the week it is (read about the header <time.h>). From there i...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #4
Quoting Paul H Christidis <pchristidis@csc.com>: > If at your site you happen to have a policy that each user is also > provided with a home group of their own, then you could deduce their > creation date indirectly by looking at the creation date of their > corresponding group. The other indirect method would require having > access to the system log files for the entire year and parsing out the > "newuser" commands. > > Regards > Paul Christidis > > I need a list of all the users that were created this year. How can I get > t...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #6
At 11:47 AM 7/15/2005 -0700, Vance, Jeff H (Cupertino) wrote: >Looks like it might be time to do some script writing :) And who is better qualified.... ;-) * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Date of creation of an MPE user #3
User names and other related information are kept in the HPUID.pub.sys file -- no longer stored in the formal directory as of POSIX. I don't believe the HPUID file keeps track of individual user creation dates. Sorry, Jeff Vance, vCSy=20 > -----Original Message----- .... > >:LISTFILE /ACCOUNT,3 > >:LISTFILE /ACCOUNT/GROUP,3 > > > >Reveals the answers I needed. >=20 > This applies to ACCOUNTs and GROUPs. Theoretically, the same=20 > reasoning could be used for USERs, but I have no idea how. >=20 > So, if you can find a way to (...

Q: Howto replicate AS400 User Profiles
Hi All, We have two physical machines here and user profiles currently replcate from one to the other using NoMax data mirroring software. However we've now added a number of LPARs to both machines, and need to replicate all user profiles to these too. Using NoMax is not an option as the licence cost would be too high. I had figured on just saving and restoring them but that doesn't seem to work with *USRPRF objects. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, JohnO PS: V5R4 On Apr 11, 3:26 pm, "JohnO" <johno1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > We have two physical machines here and user profiles currently > replcate from one to the other using NoMax data mirroring software. > However we've now added a number of LPARs to both machines, and need > to replicate all user profiles to these too. Using NoMax is not an > option as the licence cost would be too high. I had figured on just > saving and restoring them but that doesn't seem to work with *USRPRF > objects. > > Any suggestions? > > Thanks in advance, > JohnO > > PS: V5R4 I see there's a Send User option in iSeries Operations Navigator. Does this correspond to an AS400 Command or program? "JohnO" <johno1234@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176262013.721611.165560@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... | Hi All, | | We have two physical machines here and user profiles currently | replcate from one to the other using NoMax data mi...

Doing a Find on a Range of Dates in a Date field?

Finding is a given date is a month end date??
Can anybody tell me how to find if a particular date I fetch from the DB is a month end or not?? rsujatha@gmail.com wrote: > Can anybody tell me how to find if a particular date I fetch from the > DB is a month end or not?? > You could add 1000*60*60*24 milliseconds to the date (see java.util.GregorianCalendar) and check whether the month value has changed after that. Jeroen <rsujatha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146910470.202814.34390@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Can anybody tell me how to find if a particular date I fetch from the > DB is a month end ...

find files between date x and date y
I need to search for all files accessed between Midnight and 12:30AM within a set of directories and list the information in an ls -l format. How can I do something like that? I know how to find file newer than X or older than Y, but I can't get both these commands to work together and produce some meaningful output. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! A. alistair wrote: > I need to search for all files accessed between Midnight and 12:30AM > within a set of directories and list the information in an ls -l > format. > > How can I do something like that? I know how to find...

How To Find All Weeks First date and Last date?
Hi, I want to find All no of week in any month. And first and last date of that week. Assume Month is Jan 2011 date in Y-m-d 1st week -> Start date=2011-01-01 End date=2011-01-01 2nd week -> Start date=2011-01-02 End date=2011-01-08 3rd week -> Start date=2011-01-09 End date=2011-01-15 4th week -> Start date=2011-01-16 End date=2011-01-22 5th week -> Start date=2011-01-23 End date=2011-01-29 6th week -> Start date=2011-01-30 End date=2011-01-31 On 09-06-2011 14:25, Amit Pawar wrote: > Hi, > > I want to find All no of week in any month. > And first and last date of that week. > > Assume Month is Jan 2011 > > date in Y-m-d > 1st week -> Start date=2011-01-01 End date=2011-01-01 > 2nd week -> Start date=2011-01-02 End date=2011-01-08 > 3rd week -> Start date=2011-01-09 End date=2011-01-15 > 4th week -> Start date=2011-01-16 End date=2011-01-22 > 5th week -> Start date=2011-01-23 End date=2011-01-29 > 6th week -> Start date=2011-01-30 End date=2011-01-31 $d=mktime (0,0,0,1,1,2011); for ($i=0; $i<35; $i++) { $x=$d+($i*24*3600); if (date("w",$x)==0) { print date("W d-m", $x).date(" d-m\n", $x+(6*24*3600)); } } You need to change this in order to get it to work ;) -- Luuk On 6/9/2011 8:25 AM, Amit Pawar wrote: > Hi, > > I want to find All no of week in any month. > And first and last date of that week. > > Assume Month is Jan ...

Icons in "All Users" profile do not appear for all users
Hello, fellow techs. I have a problem with which I hope you can assist. I have created a laptop iamge with Windows 2000 Professional and placed a folder and a shortcut on the "All Users" desktop. Upon logging in as a new user, these icons are not available to all. This is, obviously, a source of frustration. I have tried moving them, then replacing them, to no avail. Any suggestions? Patrick Burnett Howard Rice, et al. ...

find start and end dates from group of consecutive dates
Can anyone help with writing a query to find retrieve the start and end dates from a group of dates. For example a record in the table the data will have John MN 1/1/2009 John MN 1/2/2009 John MN 1/3/2009 John MN 1/4/2009 John MN 1/5/2009 John MN 1/6/2009 John CA 1/7/2009 John CA 1/8/2009 John CA 1/9/2009 John CA 1/10/2009 John CA 1/11/2009 Dave WA 2/2/2009 Dave WA 2/3/2009 Dave WA 2/4/2009 Dave WA 2/5/2009 Dave WA 2/6/2009 and I would like to get John MN StartDate 1/1/2009 EndDate 1/6/2009 John CA StartDate 1/7/2009 EndDate 1/11/2009 Dave WA StartDate 2/2/2009 EndDate 2/6/2009 RCGUA wrote: > Can anyone help with writing a query to find retrieve the start and > end dates from a group of dates. For example a record in the table > the data will have > John MN 1/1/2009 > John MN 1/2/2009 > John MN 1/3/2009 > John MN 1/4/2009 > John MN 1/5/2009 > John MN 1/6/2009 > John CA 1/7/2009 > John CA 1/8/2009 > John CA 1/9/2009 > John CA 1/10/2009 > John CA 1/11/2009 > Dave WA 2/2/2009 > Dave WA 2/3/2009 > Dave WA 2/4/2009 > Dave WA 2/5/2009 > Dave WA 2/6/2009 > and I would like to get > John MN StartDate 1/1/2009...

Find Dates
I have hundreds of datasets. I need to find the DATE columns in each dataset. Some datasets have dozens of DATE columns. And the dates are in different formats, some are character and some are numeric. The datasets do not have labels. And some DATE columns do not have format associated with them. The Names of the DATE columns are also pretty random. This makes, making use of sashelp.vcolumns redundant. Without having to open each dataset and look through it, is there any way I could retrieve the date columns programmatically, (probabaly by making use of the actual values). Thank...

How to find date codes (dynamic dates) inside WordPerfect document ?
Hello. Does anyone know how to find via a program date codes (dynamic dates) as a code ([Date]), which means the date will automatically (dynamically) change in the future to the then-current date inside WordPerfect document. I have used code like SearchString('[Date]'); try SearchNext(1); except ; end; but it does not work. Thanks and best regards Alex. ...

cannot find profiles
Hi, I am using yahoo messenger. However I cannot find my profile in C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles I also see that file ypager.log in C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger which gets updated after chatting is not getting updated recently. Is it possible it is going elsewhere? How can I find out? Thank you for help. ...

find.find
import fnmatch, os def find(pattern, startdir=os.curdir): matches = [] os.path.walk(startdir, findvisitor, (matches, pattern)) matches.sort() return matches def findvisitor((matches, pattern), thisdir, nameshere): # for name in nameshere: if fnmatch.fnmatch(name, pattern): fullpath = os.path.join(thisdir, name) matches.append(fullpath) can someone explain why (matches, pattern) is doing in this two funct? thanks In <eo15uq$hna$1@ss408.t-com.hr>, Gigs_ wrote: > import fnmatch, os > > def find(pattern, startdir=os...

user profile
I have my own user profile settting in ~mydir/.bash_profile , but when I connect to the database , there is a global setting will overwrite my own setting , can I prohibit any global setting will overwrite my profile setting even I connect to the database ? thx mia456789@yahoo.com.hk wrote: > I have my own user profile settting in ~mydir/.bash_profile , but > when I connect to the database , there is a global setting will > overwrite my own setting , can I prohibit any global setting will > overwrite my profile setting even I connect to the database ? thx No. Maybe the databas...

User Profiles
I am working with a archive utility which allows me to archive my spool files. I recently ran an archive of some spool files and tried to restore them. During the restore I noticed that certain spool files that belonged to a certain user profile that has special authority to only a couple of libraries did not get restored. My question to you is does that profile need to have special authority to have the spool files restored. The user profile that I used to restore the profiles has QSECOFR authority. Do I need to change the ownership of the spool file to get it to restore correctly? Does anybody have any information to help me out? I know that in IBM's new V5R4 version they need special procedures to be run prior to the restore of spool files.... do I need to do the same? Thanks. Have you considered contact the manufacturer of your archive utility. "Questions" <AriTsopelas@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140710885.377123.266130@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am working with a archive utility which allows me to archive my spool > files. I recently ran an archive of some spool files and tried to > restore them. During the restore I noticed that certain spool files > that belonged to a certain user profile that has special authority to > only a couple of libraries did not get restored. My question to you is > does that profile need to have special authority to have the spool > files restored. The user profile that I used to r...

User Profile
Hi Does anyone know of a way I can override the system values for a user profile? I have one generic profile for extracting data into excel using ODBC, but sometimes the profile on the AS400 gets locked out (user error) which causes chaos for the many users. What I'd like to do is set this profile to never disable if there are too many login attempts (ie >3) Can anyone advise? Thanks Bob Clone the user profile so that is not shared and has idenical authorities. Make the initial menu *SIGNOFF so it cannot be used for interactive sessions. Use the clone name for ODBC work. Don't tell anyone the clone name! Lie awake wondering what havoc users of the shared user profile name are wreaking! ;-) also Bob ....forgot, optionally, set up a series of job schedule entries to execute a CLP to re-enable the shared profile! Or trigger it off the message generated to QSYSOPR at disable time. ....or use an ODBC exit program that validates the profile without requiring a 'real' password (kind of like the anonymous user for FTP)... -- Best regards, Ren� H. Hartman www.hac-maarssen.nl <boblepp@aci.on.ca> schreef in bericht news:1128953853.781598.118400@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > ...forgot, optionally, set up a series of job schedule entries to > execute a CLP to re-enable the shared profile! Or trigger it off the > message generated to QSYSOPR at disable time. > I don't believe there is anyway to override this for a singl...

Web resources about - Finding the Creation Dates of User Profiles - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Creation science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Creation science proponents often refer to the theory of evolution as " Darwinism " or as "Darwinian evolution". The overwhelming consensus ...

Huge demand for Bakery on O’Connell creation cronut cone - AdelaideNow Search Search
... cone. ADELAIDE is going nuts over a new food sensation known as the cronut cone. North Adelaide’s Bakery on O’Connell is home to the creation ...

Samsung Announces the Gear 360: Consumer VR Content Creation
... Rather than the extreme setups that we see with some of the current players in this space, Samsung is focusing on bringing VR content creation ...

Manage your audio creations with SoundCloud Pulse
... Skype Qik will head into the sunset late next month . Image credit: SoundCloud Blog SoundCloud Pulse: for creators Manage your audio creations ...

Creation of mini-organs follows mini-brains; teeny Frankensteins unlikely
(credit: Tyler Irving/Boyang Zhang/Kevin Soobrian ) To go along with mini thinking brain balls grown in lab, researchers have built functional, ...

"When judges are not interpreting, they’re creating, and to understand judicial creation one must understand ...
Writes Judge Richard A. Posner in a WaPo column titled "The Supreme Court is a political court. Republicans’ actions are proof." Priors are ...

What recession? Job creation jumps in February
Despite the strong headline number, the closely watched average hourly wages actually declined for the month.

Officials announce creation of Dubai endowment consultancy
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Officials speaking on behalf of Dubai's ruler have announced a new endowment center in his name.

Adobe rolls out new enterprise app creation service
Adobe has merged two of its app development services into one, in an attempt to help businesses easily build professional-looking apps, without ...

Check out the creation of the Steve Wozniak wax sculpture
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is well on his way to becoming a life-sized action figure. Not really, but we’re nerds, and that’s how we prefer ...