Fiscal printers with AS400

Hi.
Has anybody ever been working with AS400 and fiscal printers.
I was wondering how to transmit any data to this printers.

Regards, Tomasz
0
tomeks (85)

Hi Tomasz,

If you can tell me a model number of fiscal printer, I might be able to
help you.

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant

E-mail: ptykodi@tykodi.com

0
ptykodi (87)

AS400 to AS400 connection

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

AS400 and Dell Networked Printers ?
Hello, In the coming months I will be adding a number of network printers as AS400 printers. Most of them will be Dell. Right now I'm trying to connect a Dell 3100cn PCL6 color laserjet printer. The only document that I can find on the internet says to configure it as a *HPCOLORLJ if I remember right from work. I've also tried the *HP5000. Neither of these or several other tries has worked.I have not changed any settings on the laser printer because I wouldn't know what to change. The printer is on the network with a fixed IP and it is in DNS so I can see it on the domain. Iseries is on 5.3 When I try to print I get a couple of partial pages and several more with just 3 or 4 characters at the top. Nothing exotic, just letters and numbers. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida This is a configuration that I have used successfully with a number of dell 3100's. Just make sure you have your ip address and subnet mask right on the printer as well. CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/D4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHR...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

HP2600N Colour Printer
Hi all, I have set up fifty or sixty HP lasers on the AS400 and they all print quite happily. The models were HP2200/2300/4050/4100/4200/4300. I am now trying to set up my first colour laser, HP2600N, and it appears to print and disappears from the spool file on the AS400. At the laser the network light flashes, but I get no output. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone print successfully to the HP2600? This is the configuration that I am using is: - Device description . . . . . . . > HP2600TN Port number . . . . . . . . . . 9100 Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . *Y...

Printing to Nashua printers from iSeries AS400
Hi, I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage so far. Does anybody recognize this problem and is there a solution? Thanx Hi Willem Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 Emulation for matrix printers and HP4 for Laserboxes What type of printer is it? What are supported emulations How do you want to connect it to your as400? (LAN/IP, par on Workstation, par on PC, Twinax ) Daniel On 31 Jul 2003 04:18:32 -0700, willem@willemdeweerdt.com (Willem de Weerdt) wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to configurate device descriptions to >NASHUA D4xx-series printers but I didn't manage >so far. Does anybody recognize this problem >and is there a solution? > >Thanx Hi Daniel, I'm trying to configure the device as an ip-printer and I'm not sure at the moment if 9100 is the right port. Maybe some other parameters has to be reset, or something like that. First I tried to configure it like a HP-printer, without success. Well I think I tried everything possible. thanx Daniel <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message news:<0j6iivkdjb79p9gk2tmpmg044dnqcvdq5b@4ax.com>... > Hi Willem > > Don't know the Nashua Printers and didn t find on the web. > > Usually if I can't find the Printer in HPT lists I take Epson LW2550 > Emulation for matrix printe...

Sharp Printer Driver for the i5/AS400
I have a Sharp MX-7000N that does not seem to play well with our i5. I have tried using the various HP drivers in the CRTPRTDEV and none of them seem to work well. By work well I mean it works some of the time, but if the printer jams or runs low on toner the copier will not work on the i5 until the tech from Sharp comes out and clears the code from the printer. In the mean time we can still print from any Windows device, like Word, or Outlook. I am fed up with the Sharp technicians, because it is apparent they know nothing of the IBM i5. I have used the HP8000 driver with some success. We are on V5R4 if this helps. Thanks. May be this IBM document may help: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas154255e0ec5a3c13f862569c10075ddb4 It seems that your printer can amulate HP PCL5c/PCL6 hppcl5.pdt HPLJ4.PDT *HPCOLORLJ So yo use crtprtdev with those emulations in mid. Hope it helps "Danny" <djkindle32@yahoo.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:7c8e9b99-2dce-40cd-9255-3668aee0c09b@s9g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I have a Sharp MX-7000N that does not seem to play well with our i5. > I have tried using the various HP drivers in the CRTPRTDEV and none of > them seem to work well. By work well I mean it works some of the > time, but if the printer jams or runs low on toner the copier will not > work on the i5 until the tech from Sharp comes out and clears the code > from the printer. In the mean time we can still print from any &...

Printing from an AS400 to a Windows or Unix printer
Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer connections? If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some of the options? Thanks. Hi, Check out Brooks Internet Software, www.brooksnet.com for some very good yet reasonable LPR/LPD products supporting AS/400. Larry T. The Praetorian <mlutgen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get an as400 (v4r5) to use a printer connected to a > windows box sharing its printer or a unix box accepting network printer > connections? Yes. Remote output queues send out print jobs as lpr/lpd jobs. You need to have the AS/400 configured to send to the right lpd queue, and the remote system must accept lpd jobs from the AS/400. I gather that CRTDEVPRT is better than remote output queues, but haven't had a version of OS/400 that provided it to try. If the remote system is Windows XP Pro, you can load the "Print Services For Unix" package to give it a (weak) lpd server. This is likely to have a high suckage factor. I've used FreeBSD with very good results. > If so, are there any good docs or links that discuss some > of the options? Thanks. I've posted a few AS/400 remote output queue definitions here over the last few years. Do a groups.google.com search on my email address and "AS400". -- Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA ...

Canon iR1510-1670 printer on AS400
I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? Anne Anne wrote: > I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 > printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go > anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? > > Anne > How are you attempting to connect? Using a device description or a remote output queue Angus Angus wrote: > Anne wrote: > > I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 > > printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go > > anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? > > > > Anne > > > How are you attempting to connect? Using a device description or a > remote output queue > > Angus Remote outq Take a look at the writer job log. There should be messages in the job log indicating why the send attempts keep failing. Anne wrote: > Angus wrote: > >>Anne wrote: >> >>>I am trying to get a Canon iR1510-1670 printer working as an AS400 >>>printer. The spool file just sits at SND status and doesn't go >>>anywhere, doesn't generate an error message. Can anybody help me? >>> >>>Anne >>> >> >>How are you ...

What procedure for install a network printer on a AS400 ...
Hello, Thanks for advance P�cha ...

AS400 printer - HPLJ2600N
Hi, A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it was the customising object, and it worked fine. I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR in library QSYS but it didn't help. Please help! Thanks, Hazel wrighth@frenchconnection.com wrote: > Hi, > > A site in Poland has just replaced their old HP laserjet with an HP > Laserjet 2600N - since doing this, nothing will print, it just sits in > the OUTQ. I've stopped and started the writer, made sure the IP address > is correct, and even set up a new OUTQ for the printer. > > They're using a remote outq (not a print device). I've set up another > outq which uses the colour HP Laserjet 5500 in my office to see if it > was the customising object, and it worked fine. > > I've tried changing the workstation customising object to be QWPHPCOLOR > in library QSYS but it didn't help. > > Please help! > > Thanks, > > Hazel Even though this color laser printer is advertised as "network-ready", it is really a host-based printer that does not su...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

AS400 printing to PC-connected printer
I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what paper size I choose, whether it be in the hardware setting, the printer setup in Windows or in the "transform print data" selection, it seems to ignore paper size setting. This results in only the first line being lined up, and each line after is about 1.5 times further down than it should. When the job finishes, the printer form feeds about 2.5 more pages. The page I'm using is 8" long, which I set on the hardware and in the Windows printer setup. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. All my experience of this leads me to believe that windows knows better & that you need to tinker with windows - possibly until you are blue in the face Jonathan "Mike" <miket1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:27ef6386.0307141144.4054221a@posting.google.com... > I have an Epson LX-300+ connected to a PC. I've set up a printer > session using client access. The AS400 seems to ignore any of the > driver, font or page settings in Windows or on the hardware. > > I checked "Transform print data" and chose a comparable printer, and > that allows me to print in a legible font. But no martter what pap...

problems setting up printer as device on AS400
I am learning the as400 currently, so please have patience with me here. I have a user who has a LaserJet 6L connected to her PC via parallel connection. She has Client\Access Express installed on her PC for connection to the as400. She has as400 reports that currently go out to a networked printer\copier and wants these reports to print out on the laserjet 6L connected to her PC. I setup a session for her printer on her PC and took all the default values. I then hasdone of our AS400 programmers set her reports to go to the LaserJet 6L. Now when she prints the reports we do get a print out, but its weird. Lines, crossed lines and what appears to be drawings of intersections. Not aski characters or anything I have seen before. what should I be looking at to fix this problem? gary Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII on the iSeries" box and then use the drop down to select your printer model. *HP6 is probably what you want. Of course this is assuming you haven't tried this already. Thad Rizzi havent tried that yet, but I will now. thanks. gary "Thad Rizzi" <thad_rizzi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1106683687.438141.250260@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the > setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII > on ...

PC Document Printing On AS400 Twinax Printers
I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. Thanks You can try: In Operations Navigator, Open the system, go into Basic Operations, Printers, right click on the printer and create a share for the printer. Now add a network printer as \\TheAS400IpAddress\TheShareName on the PC. Jim "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote in message news:1116338029.678272.180930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the > as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > > Thanks > I did it once to see if it would work. I was able to print a Windows test page, but I didn't try anything else. Use Operations Navigator to share the printer, then add the printer driver on the desired PC. On 17 May 2005 06:53:49 -0700, "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote: >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the >as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > >Thanks ...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Web resources about - Fiscal printers with AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Amazon’s 11 best deals of the day: 3D printer, Roku Streaming Stick and more
The BGR Deals team has some terrific daily Amazon deals for you today, including one that you've been waiting to pull the trigger on: a 3D printer. ...

Here's how to trick a fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with nothing but a printer and some fancy ...
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...