FTP between AS400 and windows server

Hello,

I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my
AS400 with an ftp command.
Is it possible and if yes which command should I enter on my AS400.

Best regards,
0
esaulodes (4)

If you have CA/400 loaded on the server I think you can use RUNRMTCMD to run
a job on the Windows server.

If you're open to a commercial solution, take a look at our iSeries Office
Integrator software.

You can run PC jobs, execute MS Word mail merges, launch web sites and more.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"The AS/400 and iSeries Report and Data Delivery Experts"
Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com

"zebute" <esaulodes@m6net.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my
> AS400 with an ftp command.
> Is it possible and if yes which command should I enter on my AS400.
>
> Best regards,

0
richard890 (194)
1/21/2004 2:14:38 PM
Hllo !

DO "toto.txt" with
open namesys or ip adress
user xxxx   >>> syntax of user and pass no sure see ftp documentation
pass xxxx
.......put ...get....

After you call in dos command : FTP toto.txt

Tomorrow i send one exemple

"zebute" <esaulodes@m6net.fr> a �crit dans le message de
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my
> AS400 with an ftp command.
> Is it possible and if yes which command should I enter on my AS400.
>
> Best regards,

Not quite what the original poster was asking for.

As I read it, he is using the 400 as an FTP client to a Windows FTP=20
server and wants to start a batch file on the Windows box using an FTP=20
command.

To the original poster, if you were going the other way you could make=20
use of the 'rcmd' FTP subcommand.  I don't know if Windows FTP server=20
supports it or not.  If it supports 'rcmd', then just use 'rcmd c:
\mybat.bat'.  If it supports a similar command, say 'exec' for example,=20
then you could do 'quote exec c:\mybat.bat' from the 400.

If the Windows FTP server doesn't support remote commands you have two=20
choices.
1) Install a different FTP server that does
2) Install a rexec server (one comes with Client Access, or download=20
one) and use the 400's RUNRMTCMD command outside of the FTP session.

HTH,
Charles

In article <bume9b$edv$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr>, jean-philippe-
ballat@wanadoo.fr says...
> Hllo !
>=20
> DO "toto.txt" with
> open namesys or ip adress
> user xxxx   >>> syntax of user and pass no sure see ftp documentation
> pass xxxx
> ......put ...get....
>=20
> After you call in dos command : FTP toto.txt
>=20
> Tomorrow i send one exemple
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "zebute" <esaulodes@m6net.fr> a =E9crit dans le message de
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to execute a bat file which is on my windows server from my
> > AS400 with an ftp command.
> > Is it possible and if yes which command should I enter on my AS400.
> >
> > Best regards,
>=20
>=20
>=20
0
cwilt1 (190)

FTP Problem from AS400 to Windows server 2003 IIS 6.0
Hello, we use to transfert files from AS400 to Windows server 2003 and it works fine with files size <= 1 meg. But sometimes we have to transfert files size between 10 to 20 megs. It works very well, it means it transfered the data but we never receive the confirmation from the remote host ( server window 2003 )here is the log : "Enter an FTP subcommand. put mebug mebugp (file size 1 meg) 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,129,113,249,19,142). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. 226 Transfer complete. 920808 bytes transferred in 4.904 seconds. Transfer rate 187.755 KB Enter an FTP subcommand. put mesoup mesoup(file size is 16meg) 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,129,113,249,19,143). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. No response from remote host; all connections closed." What we must do!!!! please Look at your CHGFTPA settings. Also, are these bat files your running or some kind of script, does it have delays in it maybe. ...

AS400 FTP to FTP Server Write problem
I have an FTP site on our W2K server (SP4) that I FTP files to from our AS400. To do this I need write authority, which is OK, but users accessing this site from a browser can upload/create anything on this folder. Is there a way in Internet Information Services, or the folder itself to stop users from writing to this folder yet still give me rights to write to it? Permissions on the folder, or on IIS doesn't seem to check the write privilages. Anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks. Hi Tryke, "Tryke" <tryke01@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:1106328866.765607.126990@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way in Internet Information Services, or the folder > itself to stop users from writing to this folder yet still give me > rights to write to it? Permissions on the folder, or on IIS doesn't > seem to check the write privilages. > Anyone know how I can accomplish this? It's simple... you can't. But a free alternative would be the FileZilla Server, where you can add users and set their permissions. You can download FileZilla Server from www.sourceforge.net Best Regards, Patrick Microsoft Certified Professional Sun Certified Java Programmer ...

Net::FTP problems getting files from Windows FTP server, but not Linux FTP Server.
I have a perl script (I didn't write) running on HP-UX that gets .zip files from a Linux ftp server. It downloads the files and unzips them. Every thing works fine. My problem is if I try to use the same script on the same HP-UX box but try to get the (same) files from a Windows ftp server. The files download fine, but when it tries to unzip them, I get the following: -------------- error [20040623064641.zip]: missing 273 bytes in zipfile (attempting to process anyway) error [20040623064641.zip]: attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile (please check that you have transferred o...

AS400 to AS400 connection

Printing AS400 to Windows Server 2003
I have presently a number of printers on my AS400 printing to shared printers on a Windows 2000 Server. This setup has been working fine for many years. I am installing a new print server and using Server 2003 on the new server. I cannot successfully get the files to spool form the 400 to Server 2003. I have the same shared names on my 2000 server as my 2003 server (all simple short names, no weird characters) and if I simply change the IP address back to the 2000 server, they print fine. The setup of the printers on the two servers is identical. The windows firewall is disabled so that is not an issue. TCP and the Print Spooler service are on the 2003 server and running/ configured. I am getting no errors on either the AS400 logs or the Windows Server logs. I contacted IBM and they confirmed that the AS400 setup was correct and they did a trace from the AS400 and they said the request to print is being rejected by the Windows Server and offered no help beyond that. Has anyone had any similar problems with 2003 server? If so, how did you solve? Thanks in advance for you help. il 05/10/2007 18.15, Scrive BobLindemannInCa@gmail.com 40391552: > I have presently a number of printers on my AS400 printing to shared > printers on a Windows 2000 Server. This setup has been working fine > for many years. I am installing a new print server and using Server > 2003 on the new server. I cannot successfully get the files to spool > form the 400 to Server 2003. ...

FTP from Unix to AS400 to EDI Server
I have been working on an FTP issue that is driving me nuts. And of course it is one that is out of the ordinary. A client sends us a file to the ISeries that is in a Data Stream which uses the IFS. I then send it down to our EDI server where they are supposed to edit it. (I just work here). They then send me the results which I forward back to the client. The problem is that when I send it binary, it adds low values to the end of the file which both Aetna and our EDI group can't handle. If I send it ASCII then I have a limit of 32,766 bytes. I've tried using the TRIM command with no effects. Ex: bin namefmt 1 put /qsys.lib/kwmlib.lib/testfile.file/testmbr.mbr testfile This example gives me the low values are spaces at the end. Any help would be appreciated. k_morland@hotmail.com (Ken) wrote in message news:<e314c67e.0312150901.2fb2371c@posting.google.com>... > I have been working on an FTP issue that is driving me nuts. And of > course it is one that is out of the ordinary. > > A client sends us a file to the ISeries that is in a Data Stream which > uses the IFS. I then send it down to our EDI server where they are > supposed to edit it. (I just work here). They then send me the > results which I forward back to the client. The problem is that when > I send it binary, it adds low values to the end of the file which both > Aetna and our EDI group can't handle. If I send it ASCII then I have > a limit of 32,7...

FTP from AS400 System to Windows System
How to get a Physical file as it is for populating into a excel file, without using i series (plugins, navigators)? On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:05:55 AM UTC-5, Muthukumar Kailasam wrote: > How to get a Physical file as it is for populating into a excel file, without using i series (plugins, navigators)? you can use ODBC to query then populate an excel spreadsheet. Make sure iSeries ODBC was installed on the client and it should be pretty straight forward. To keep users from messing up queries (which they will), use stored procedures or Query manager to run the query to an o...

AS400 Data Access from a Windows 2K web server
I need to create an order inquiry application that will run on our website. The application will need to join information from our AS400 with data from the SQL Server 2000 database we use for most of our web applications. This is our first application that will be accessing the AS400 to retrieve information, and the method used will be the basis for all future applications of this type. So, it is important that we use the best option available. Our website is hosted on Windows 2000 Servers using ASP pages written with VBScript and served using IIS. The only database we currently use on the website is a SQL Server 2000 database. We use COM+ objects written in VB to perform most database access although we do use ADODB connections directly in the ASP pages at times. From the research I have done so far, it appears the best method is to create stored procedures on the AS400 that will be used via an ADODB connection from the web pages or COM+ objects. I would appreciate any advice you may have. Hi Evan, You don't need stored procedures. You can run SQL against an AS/400 database almost the same as against an SQL Server 2000 database. The only restriction is that you have to install Client Access on the server. You even can run AS/400 commands if you like. If you need some samples let me know. Regards, Jan "Evan" <ebinri@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:7bb05a90.0407140342.4914dab5@posting.google.com... > I need to create an order inquiry app...

AS400 as SQL Server Linked server
Hi, I'm trying to set up DB2 on AS400 as a linked server on SQL Server. Everything works ok, but, when I try to run an UPDATE, it gives me an error (OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowsetChange::SetData returned 0x80004005). I've searched a lot on the internet, I've tried some solutions but without success. I'm using SQLServer 2000 and Client Access 5 release 1. Is there any solution or workaround ? Thanks in advance Massimo ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

IBM AS400

FTP to AS400
I have an old(ish) AS400 that i have installed at home on a LAN. i have (now) managed to connect it to the network, but am unable to transfer files to it via FTP. the FTP server is up and running on the 400, and will allow me to login, but no matter what FTP command i try and enter (on the pc FTP client), i always get the message: 501 unknown extension in database filename. this means, i can't effectively do anything (via) FTP with the box. i have a savf i desperately need to transfer to the box, but seem unable to do so. also, someone told me i should be able to get windows explorer to see the 400 as a network drive. how do i go about doing this? mt pc is running windows 200. does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be??? thanks. It would be helpful to know what command you are entering when doing the FTP and where it's failing. However from the error, it seems you have at least managed to logon through FTP so: First, create the SAVF on the AS/400. i.e. CRTSAVF mylib/mysavf QUOTE SITE NAMEFMT 0 CD mylib BIN PUT <savf name> mysavf The 1st line shouldn't be necessary if you type the CD bit in first. thanks.... tried that and now get the error:: 425 not able to open data connection. when i try and 'put' the savf. also if i don't type "quote site namefmt 0" first, then i can't even change the library! the full FTP is: ftp 192.168.1.99 ftp> login ***** ftp> password ***** ftp> cd myl...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 FTP, can you launch a bat file on W2K3 server
If so, how?? On Jan 26, 3:48 pm, "jacko" <jkings...@cityofnorthport.com> wrote: > If so, how?? STRPCO STRPCCMD PCCMD('C:\your directory\batch file name.bat') PAUSE(*NO) How does it now to which IP address and or server name to route to the C drive On Jan 26, 4:56 pm, "Falco" <cwhit...@hotmail.com> wrote: > On Jan 26, 3:48 pm, "jacko" <jkings...@cityofnorthport.com> wrote: > > > If so, how??STRPCO > > STRPCCMD PCCMD('C:\your directory\batch file name.bat') PAUSE(*NO) STRPCO implies that it is run from with an iSeries Access session on the specific server or workstation. If this is not possible you should either persue the RUNRMTCMD command (also needs iSeries Access loaded) or consider changing the way your app works so that you trigger the iSeries commands from within a program or script on your Windows Server. Either way you need to read up on iSeries Access (previously known as Client Access) One way you can do this from the Server is to FTP into the iSeries and in addition to any PUT or GET commands use QUOTE RCMD to run programs on the iseries eg put mpcfile.txt mylibfile.file quote RCMD call mylib/mypgm get myoutput.file mpcoutput.txt Is there a way to remotely run a script via FTP on a W2K3 box. On Jan 27, 7:01 am, "Brad" <smjbrads...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > STRPCO implies that it is run from with an iSeries Access session on > the specif...

AS400 in windows domain integration with another windows domain
Currently we acquired a company that has AS400 with Kerberos auth/ iSeries navigator in a Windows domain. We built a one way trust to their domain that allows us to access their resources. One of those resources is the AS400 but we are having trouble integrating the iSeries navigator work with another domain. Any suggestions? Advise? Thank you in advance! On Aug 18, 5:36=A0pm, tc <tchang73...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Currently we acquired a company that has AS400 with Kerberos auth/ > iSeries navigator in a Windows domain. We built a one way trust to > their domain that allows us to access their resources. One of those > resources is the AS400 but we are having trouble integrating the > iSeries navigator work with another domain. Any suggestions? Advise? > Thank you in advance! Maybe a port issue, is there a way to bypass the kerberos at all to verify?? ...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Web Servers and AS400
Just curious of the groups current thinking regarding running the Web Server layer (WebSphere, Apache,Tomcat, etc??) on the AS/400 versus a separate box. I am really looking at 2 boxes (possibly firewalled apart) here not an embedded Linux on 400 solution which I would still consider to be a single box solution. As an extension, I am also keen to see, in the 2 box scenario, how many people call Java service/apps on the AS/400 or host the Java layer on the second box and call the AS/400 solely for it's database storage. Of course, anyone running a separate IIS server (or other??) could respond to this second option as well as it really is a similar architectual configuration (i.e. utilising the AS/400 for database activities only). RJ. I've had no problem running it on the same box as other apps. The only time I see it pays to split it up is if you need the resousrces for web apps vs. other apps. Then data replication/access becomes the problem. DBDriver wrote: > Just curious of the groups current thinking regarding running the Web Server > layer (WebSphere, Apache,Tomcat, etc??) on the AS/400 versus a separate box. > > I am really looking at 2 boxes (possibly firewalled apart) here not an > embedded Linux on 400 solution which I would still consider to be a single > box solution. > > As an extension, I am also keen to see, in the 2 box scenario, how many > people call Java service/apps on the AS/400 or host the Java layer on ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Web resources about - FTP between AS400 and windows server - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Voters Say Clinton Trumps Donald When It Comes To Presidential Traits
Hillary Clinton will blow Donald Trump out of the water if the two respective presidential front-runners end up going head-to-head in November’s ...

Time Warner Condemns Georgia Religious Liberty Law
Time Warner is the latest media company to oppose a pending religious liberty bill in Georgia, saying that it “clearly violates the values and ...

4 phones that deserve iPhone SE-style remakes
The iPhone SE is really just an updated version of the iPhone 5 with superior hardware and added features... and there's nothing wrong with that! ...

‘The Lego Batman Movie’ Teaser Trailer: The Dark Knight Drops The Mic
We’re getting a first look at The Lego Batman Movie , Warner Bros’ spinoff of the The Lego Movie, in a teaser trailer dropped today by WB. Starting ...

Twitter Turns Microsoft’s ‘Tay’ Into a Racist, Sexist, Holocaust-Denying Bot in Less Than 24 Hours
Tay , the chat bot Microsoft unleashed Wednesday to learn how 18- to 24-year-old social media users expressed themselves , quickly became a racist, ...

FBI defends handling of Apple case after retreat
The FBI Thursday defended the handling of its legal battle with Apple over encryption following an abrupt retreat from its bid to force the tech ...

Demolition company says a Google Maps error led them to tear down the wrong house
Well, this sucks. A Texas-based demolition company is blaming Google Maps for providing the wrong address for the house it was supposed to tear ...

Australia: Mozambique debris "highly likely" from Flight 370
KMOV.com Australia: Mozambique debris "highly likely" from Flight 370 KMOV.com Australian officials say two pieces of debris recently discovered ...

Police: Man With Shotgun Fatally Shot by Officer in Memphis
Police say a man with a mental condition who pointed a shotgun at a police officer has been fatally shot by the officer

Justices Seem Split in Case on Birth Control Mandate
The Supreme Court’s four more liberal members seemed ready to let religious institutions shift the cost of coverage to insurers. A fifth vote ...