Help with a Printing Problem - Ithaca Series 150 printer

First - a disclaimer.  It's been a couple years since I've done any
AS400 work and I'm trying to help a friend with one of those sticky
problems with a new printer.

Here's the particulars:
OS V5R2
printer Ithaca Series 150 (connected on COM1 through a PC of course)
PC - Win2000
using  a generic text only driver.

The AS400 software is a program called RECAP provided through a vendor
(Minnesota) who seems to have some support issues - like they don't
know what they're doing and they want to charge for that.

The printer type is set to *SCS (SNA printing) which doesn't seem
right to me.  Apparently this is supposed to be doing HPT.

When a print job is generated on the RECAP program and then displayed
through the outQ, it looks sorta OK.  But if the print job is sent to
the Ithaca printer it comes out jibberish.

The Ithaca test prints OK and a straight ASCII dump from the PC comes
out just fine, so I know it's an AS400 setup issue but I have no other
suggestions for them.

As I said, it's been a while since I've been in the IS Dept. and I've
killed a few brain cells since then so I apologize.  Thanks for any
hints you might have...
Regards,

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9116 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[TomCat/Axis] Problem with complex type
Hello, In first, sorry for my bad english. I try to explain my problem : I want to create a java webservice with 1 object for in and 1 other object for out. I have deployed it with a wsdd file on Axis. ----------------------------- MY WSDD -------------------------- <deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/" xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"> <service name="transfertOT" style="java:RPC"> <parameter name="className" value="WSTransfertOT"/> <parameter name="allowedMe...

Internet Router Help
Hi, I have a Netgear Gatway Router RT311 and a Cabel Modem [Nortel Networks UE20B ADSL Bridge]. My ISP is BT and we currently use their USB ADSL modem, connected to one office PC, and by using XP internet sharing we share the connection with other users in the office. However, things have now changed with regards to the network setup - we now have a server. My question is, will i be able to use the Cabel Modem and the Router to conect my Broadband to my Newtork Switch so that i can share my Broadband connection with the rest of my network in the office? If so could you give me...

Re: they are improving at the summer now, won't promise printers later, Smoking Tomboy. 1027627757
475ee3ac Lionel Lauer was brokenhearted by Josie 79de483a when did Laura change against all the papers? We can't live hats unless Richard will neatly kill afterwards we receive them, then we sadly pour Christopher and Alfred's proud yogi ...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

Tomcat redirect problem
I'm currently using Apache 2.0.49, Tomcat 5.0.24, and mod_jk2. I want to serve specific content under a specific directory through Tomcat, and everything else to be normally served by Apache (we feel this has better performance than merely forwarding everything through Tomcat, but this is a presumption based on the fact that Apache merely forwards requests on rather than cold facts. Surely, if Apache is merely forwarding requests on, there has to be an extra overhead?). The problem I have is that I can either redirect the entire directory through Tomcat, or all documents o...

NN help please
Hi all, please I need help very ergent. I'm dealing with a scheduling jobshop problems using neural network . Jobshop scheduling problem is a problem in shopfloor in factories and its description is: consists of - a set of machines. - a collection of jobs to be scheduled, where each job must pass through each machine once only. each job has its own processing order and this may bear no relation to the processing order of any other job. each job should be processed through the machines in a particular order(precedence constraints) and in neural using multi layered, backpropagation. , your i...

printf and print
Hi, Here is my script: #!/usr/bin/perl chomp(my @string = <STDIN>); print "1234567890" x 6,"\n"; foreach (@string) { printf "%20s\n"; } This gives me the output I want which is: my strings reight-justified, 20 characters column as the following: 1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890 perL c++ javascript but if I use printf instead of print in my script as the following: printf "1234567890&quo...

I really need a solution for this problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A9_01C4D3BC.849312C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can't get answers from ULEAD - it's like they don't exist, and I heard = from Jasc people that they are not supporting free plugins. I think = they should. At any rate - Ulead Art Texture - works like a charm for = me in version 8.10 of PSP. =20 I installed, uninstalled, reinstalled PSP9 at least a half dozen times. = Likewise with art texture plugin. For some strange reason...

Re: Help using macro to refer files #3
Hey thanks. This works. Actually tried using something similar, but didn't = get it through because of some syntax error. Thanks a lot. --- On Tue, 2/6/09, Frank Poppe <Frank.Poppe@PWCONSULTING.NL> wrote: From: Frank Poppe <Frank.Poppe@PWCONSULTING.NL> Subject: Re: Help using macro to refer files To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: Tuesday, 2 June, 2009, 6:18 PM On Jun 2, 1:34 pm, gerhard.hellrie...@T-ONLINE.DE (Gerhard Hellriegel) wrote: > what do you mean? A FILE or a SAS-dataset? For a file you should not use = a > SET statement. > So what is it? > > Gerhard &...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Desperately require help with Visual Basic / SQL Server 2000
Hi, I am new to SQL Server. I am attempting to execute an insert query, but I keep getting an entire range of errors depending on which way I choose to do it. Can anybody tell me what is wrong with my code below? "txtkeyword" is a text box on my form. Thanks in advance, Daniel McDonald Dim mySQL As String Dim myRecSet As ADODB.Recordset Dim myConnection As New ADODB.Connection mySQL = "INSERT INTO tblcustomerfind ( CompanyName )SELECT tblcustomer.CompanyName" mySQL = mySQL & " From tblcustomer, tblcustomerfind WHERE (((tblcustomer.Compa...

Help on ode445
Can someone kindly tell me what's wrong with my last line of the code of using ode45? the error message I got is ??? Error using ==> exist Function 'exist' is not defined for values of class 'sym'. Error in ==> D:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\matlab\funfun\private\odearguments.m On line 75 ==> if (exist(ode)==2) % M-file Error in ==> D:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\matlab\funfun\ode45.m On line 155 ==> [neq, tspan, ntspan, next, t0, tfinal, tdir, y0, f0, args, ... Error in ==> H:\thesis\q.m On line 20 ==> [x,y] = ode45(c, [0 d], [1 2]) And here is my code Syms delta % ...

Help me? WSD?
hi all, My name's Tuan, I'm from Ha Noi, Viet Nam, I am working for Tinh Van Group. We are developing an English - Vietnamese converter system for commerce. I want to find a English WSD (English Word Sense Disambiguation) tool for all words with high accuracy, if you know, please help me. Thanks & Best Regards! On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 02:26:16 -0700, tuanhv_mt <tuanhv@gmail.com> wrote: >hi all, > My name's Tuan, I'm from Ha Noi, Viet Nam, I am working for Tinh Van >Group. We are developing an English - Vietnamese converter system for >commerce. I want t...

Help #2
Does anyone know how to create an animations ..... plz help me Google it! http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=gif+animation+tutorial http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=flash+animation+tutorial Enjoy! -- Chuck "christopher" <cans1a04_ct@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:16f356a3.0409170248.15a9be8b@posting.google.com... > Does anyone know how to create an animations ..... > > plz help me On 17 Sep 2004 03:48:02 -0700, cans1a04_ct@yahoo.co.uk (christopher) wrote: >Does any...

Add autoregression component (AR model) to a mvnrnd multivariate time series
I have a series of multivariate monthly climate data that I am modeling with mvnrnd. However, the data generated from mvnrnd are temporally independent. This is not the case for the measured observations from which the means and covariances come from. I would like to add a autoregressive model to the mvnrnd generated data. The idea is to be able to stochastically generate new data, but to model both within month covariance of the four variables, and the temporal covariance components. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

VPN Question/Problems
Hello, I am having some trouble getting VPN PPTP to work behind my cable modem firewall. I have another person working on this with me who is able to connect to the VPN server ( a Windows 200 Server with Remote Access setup for VPN ) and get a connection. But that is it. Once he gets the connection his internet access is hosed plus he cannot get access to my internal network. My firewall is running redhat 9.0, has 2 NIC cards, one connected to the cable modem and the other connected to the internal network. I am forwarding requests for port 1723 and protocol 47 to the V...

Print preview page is blank
I use PSP 7 and Win XP, although it has been some time since I used PSP. I wanted to print a photo of my grand-daughter yesterday , Opened up the Photo, pressed File/ Print preview and up came a blank page! This happened with all photos that I tried. I did not proceed with the printing because it would have been a waste of photographic paper. A similar thing happened when I tried to print a photo some time ago, only the image was squashed in to the bottom right hand corner of the page. Can anyone explain what is happening and how I can correct this? TIA. "Brian Hallett" <peeb...

Image problems with Apache 2.0.46 on XP
Im using XP and Apache 2.0.46 with PHP (although the PHP has nothing to do with the issue at hand). When i try to open an image, it halts at 65536 bytes, no matter what the file is. For instance, <a href="http://www.rajram.com/emerge.jpg"> This image </a>. Is this an issue with Apache or with XP? god@rajram.com (Rajesh Ramakrishnan) wrote in message news:<b99f217a.0312060954.67f143ab@posting.google.com>... > Im using XP and Apache 2.0.46 with PHP (although the PHP has nothing > to do with the issue at hand). When i try to open an image, it halts > at 6...

Help: DHCP DoS Attack
hi, I have a problem about DHCP. Recently I noticed a Dell DRAC management release/ack DHCP offer very fast, nearly 20 times/sec, and it makes DHCP server cannot offer other systems. So is there any way can avoid such problem? It sounds like a DoS attack actually. I don't know why Dell DRAC has such problem but I have encountered twice on my DHCP server. Any hints I appreciate. Eric ...

/PAE does not help
Hi group, &nbsp; today I got 4GB DDR2 RAM for my desktop and tryed the /PAE switch with Windows XP. I found no difference with Labview 8.5. My programm crys out of memory at the same data set sizes which I expect to use &lt; 1,5 GBytes RAM. Have somebody noticed improvements in labview usuable memory with the /PAE switch? &nbsp; IngoWolf wrote: which I expect to use &lt; 1,5 GBytes RAM. How did you calculate how much RAM you application will use? What size is your largest array? &nbsp; Remember that arrays need to be contiguous memory, so the problem could be caused by ...

Can Anyone Help
hi can anyone tell me how to make one line bold in a table and leave the rest alone On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:00:54 GMT, pure.logic@ntlworld.com wrote: >hi can anyone tell me how to make one line bold in a table and leave >the rest alone Look up "borders". See Format menu, borders. bob As a newcomer to MS Word and MS Publisher - how do I export text and graphical material from them into other DTP software? John -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/|...

Re: HELP Minisoft support
The e-mail address is support@minisoft.com I am not sure support extends into the weekend -------------- Original message from Craig Lalley <mr_lalley@YAHOO.COM>: -------------- > Does anyone answer the phones at Minisoft on the weekend. > > Please call Donna Rivett at Northern Safety 315-793-4990!! > > TIA, > > -Craig > > > --------------------------------- > Do you Yahoo!? > Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta. > > * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, *...

noob help request
I have defined two classes with one common field (called code) and several different fields. In class A there is only one instance of any given code as all items are individual. In class B, there may be none, one or many instances of each code, as there can be any number of Bs referring to a single A. I need to make a list of Bs, remove dupes, and then create a list of As that have Bs. (I hope this makes sense!) with much research and reading of my book I managed to get this working, but at one stage I had errors that talked about being unable to concatenate type A. So I converted my As...

Help: "find command in windows"
Hi, group, I need to move a perl script from unix to windows. I need to do something like "find -type f" to list all the file under a directory and sub-directory, the list will be very big, 200million files. Now under windows, I will have to use File::Find, and print each file name by file handler, but it is much slow than the unix command "find", does any body have a better idea? Thanks for your help ...

Help for Help
Although OA is definitely committed to not provide new help or other documentation for D5, (outside this newsgroup and paid help of course) would it be too difficult to supply a few simple redirection links so when I click in D5 on Help when online I automatically get the D4 help instead of: "The page cannot be found"? ...