Help with a Printing Problem - Ithaca Series 150 printer

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

First - a disclaimer.  It's been a couple years since I've done any
AS400 work and I'm trying to help a friend with one of those sticky
problems with a new printer.

Here's the particulars:
OS V5R2
printer Ithaca Series 150 (connected on COM1 through a PC of course)
PC - Win2000
using  a generic text only driver.

The AS400 software is a program called RECAP provided through a vendor
(Minnesota) who seems to have some support issues - like they don't
know what they're doing and they want to charge for that.

The printer type is set to *SCS (SNA printing) which doesn't seem
right to me.  Apparently this is supposed to be doing HPT.

When a print job is generated on the RECAP program and then displayed
through the outQ, it looks sorta OK.  But if the print job is sent to
the Ithaca printer it comes out jibberish.

The Ithaca test prints OK and a straight ASCII dump from the PC comes
out just fine, so I know it's an AS400 setup issue but I have no other
suggestions for them.

As I said, it's been a while since I've been in the IS Dept. and I've
killed a few brain cells since then so I apologize.  Thanks for any
hints you might have...
Regards,

0
Reply retiredUSN (3) 2/4/2004 10:20:23 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 8989 articles. 9 followers. Post

Help with Hp printer 5610 series problem.
I recently bought and hp printer all in one series. I inserted the disk and ran the installation program but even the welcome screen to the installation disk was in Spanish. I installed it anyway so that I can use the printer. I contacted hp support and they told me to go to start -control panel-regional and language options- and to make sure that under the Regional Options tab standard and formats were set to English United States and that location should also be in United States. I tried but it made no difference. They told me to contact the computer manufacture. I messed with this window...

Printing problem.. Is it my problem or the comercial printer?
Hello, I hope you guys can help me. I recently made an ad in adobe illustrator which has a greyscale image with an orange to transparent gradient on top made by creating an opacity mask. Well on the screen it looks fine and so I sent it to the comercial printer. However when the comercial printer gave us the proof it shows a sort of lighter hue band in the area where the orange gradient ends and meets with the grey image below. In other words, instead of the gradient blending smoothly with the grey image below (as it shows on screen!) there is like a lighter strip that just almost ends abroup...

HELP: Can printer switch box cause printers to print garbage?
Hey folks, I have a customer who has 2 printers connected to a Belkin Data switch box, which in turn is connected to his computer. Whenever he wants to print to printer A, he turns the knob on the switch box to A, then print. Same for printer B. Printer B seems to spit out garbage characters. Previously, he had an older printer(on B) doing the same thing on this switch box and i thought the issue was a bad printer. So i had him get a new printer, but this still occurs. I re-installed the printer driver also, but this still occurs. The other printer doesn't have this problem. I am ...

Help.. Problems with printers
hello there. i want to create a printer object at run time, set its paper size, and orientation and then after i have used it, it will be deleted. the problem is i do not know what to do. i tried dim prntr as printer but it was no use. i also tried changing the properties of the default printer (e.g. the size and the orientation) but when i open the data report, the settings were wtill those of the default printer. they were never altered. tnx i hope anyone might be of help Lilianne, Here's an example on how to use the Printer object. Dim prnt As Printer ...

Help Printer Problems
I ahve a HP 1300 all in one. Windows 98 doesn't list my printer though it except the canner. How could I get Add Printer to exzcept my 13300 all in one printer. Any UEL transfers. Thanks Tino PS I been searching all day. On 16 Jun 2005 20:19:08 -0700, teak@linuxmail.org wrote: >I ahve a HP 1300 all in one. Windows 98 doesn't list my printer though >it except the canner. How could I get Add Printer to exzcept my 13300 >all in one printer. >Any UEL transfers. As a start look into: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q128345/> There are other ...

HELP!!! Printing problems
Hi people, I just got my iMac and I am very satisfied but there is a problem. I have a program business card composer for making business cards and that program is made for OSX. I made my business cards and when I wanted to print them I realized that I do not have access to printer preferences. I have Aculaser 1900 by Epson. I would like to choose "thick paper" option otherwise the printer jams. Could somebody help me on how to get into printer options like I could do on a PC and use all the possibilities of the printer. Thanks a lot Mark * posted via http://www.my...

help; printing problem
Hi, When my application quits I need to print a list of results. I tried printing in the View's destructor. It gets called and generally works but the print dialog is not the front window so if you have lots of other stuff open you don't see it. Is there a way to bring it to the front or should I put my print code somewhere else - where? Any help appreciated, thanks Paul ...

Can somone help a Windows geek get a Mac to print to a USB printer on a print server???
I'm trying to help my sister and brother-in-law with their mixed marriage! They had a nice Windows home, pc's networked together and he decided he wanted to kill the home PC, get a MAC and have the two of them roam the house in cyber bliss. The problem is the printer - a HP PSC 2210 All-In-One. Since the desktop was PC was removed, I put in a D-Link DP-301U network USB print server. The Windows PC can print fine. The MacBook pro running OS X 10.4.11 can't. Despite the statements that MAS OS is supported all over the D-Link box, I can't get any support from D-Link. ...

Printer problem please help
I need to add a printer on AIX 4.3.3, it is a Generic Ascii network printer, with a device like /dev/prt1. It is an IBM 4232 printer, but no device driver, Can anybody help on this. Thanks Chris rkrishp@hotmail.com (Krishna) wrote in message news:<2bcd6fe2.0312170657.52590552@posting.google.com>... > I need to add a printer on AIX 4.3.3, it is a Generic Ascii network > printer, with a device like /dev/prt1. It is an IBM 4232 printer, but > no device driver, > > Can anybody help on this. > > Thanks > > Chris the 4224 and 4226 are on the install media and ...

Problem with printing on POS printer
Please help me, i can print only 20 lines to STAR SP212 POS printer on COM1, then i have error posting "error to write on device". I am using Clarion for DOS 3.0 and Windows 98 operating system. Thank you. "Josip Dvorski" <josip.dvorski@vz.htnet.hr> wrote in message news:<br7rtk$qko$1@ls219.htnet.hr>... > Please help me, i can print only 20 lines to STAR SP212 POS printer on COM1, > then i have error posting "error to write on device". > > I am using Clarion for DOS 3.0 and Windows 98 operating system. > > Thank you. perhaps t...