How do I get rid of the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client Access"?

Client Access seems to create the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client
Access" automatically.

If I move / delete the folder, it gets recreated following a Windows
restart.

If I change / delete the registry entry
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\Client Access
Express\CurrentVersion\(Default)", the entry gets reset and the folder
recreated following a Windows restart.

I am running:
  IBM iSeries Access for Windows
  Version 5
  Release 3
  Modification level 0
  Service level SI23492

Anyone know how to get rid of it for good?
Even being able to move it to somewhere else would be good.

Thanks.

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

andyrobertsonuk@gmail.com wrote:
> Client Access seems to create the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client
> Access" automatically.
>
> If I move / delete the folder, it gets recreated following a Windows
> restart.
>
> If I change / delete the registry entry
> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\Client Access
> Express\CurrentVersion\(Default)", the entry gets reset and the folder
> recreated following a Windows restart.
>
> I am running:
>   IBM iSeries Access for Windows
>   Version 5
>   Release 3
>   Modification level 0
>   Service level SI23492
>
> Anyone know how to get rid of it for good?
> Even being able to move it to somewhere else would be good.
>
> Thanks.

Maybe I would try "Control Panel/iSeries Access for Windows" properties
in the PC5250 tab, selecting something different from "Documents" in
"PC5250 file path" section.

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda
Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
> Maybe I would try "Control Panel/iSeries Access for Windows" properties
> in the PC5250 tab, selecting something different from "Documents" in
> "PC5250 file path" section.

Thanks for the tip, but that didn't seem to do the trick. I'm still
stuck with the folder.
Andy

Can I get "My Document", "Desktop" and "Favourite" folder dynamically?
In difference language of Windows, they have difference name, can I get them dynamically from java? Any API can do this? carfield@gmail.com wrote: > In difference language of Windows, they have difference name, can I get > them dynamically from java? Any API can do this? > I just now it from "My Documents". This is the System Property "user.home". Because i am using Linux with the "windowmaker" Desktop, I have no Idea, what the other two ("Desktop", and "Favourite") could mean. Probably theese two are MsWindows specific ?? Phil...

Non-IBM alternative to "IBM Access Connections" ?
I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic for use on any laptop with Windows XP. Does such an animal exist? -Rob XP should already be able to do this automatically. Go to the Network Connections folder. Select 'Advanced' from the menu bar, 'Advanced Settings'. The 'Adaptors and Bindings tab will show a connections window with the priority for the connections. The higher in the list, the higher the priority. I have my wired connections up top and my wireless connection below. Hopefully this is what you are looking for. Simon "Rob" <xxy@xxz.com> wrote in message news:jrvjv1h9246e9igb1rukdb30pll8fmec50@4ax.com... > I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) > that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless > connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I > know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it > for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic > for use on any laptop with Windows XP. > > Does such an animal exist? > > -Rob > I'm not sure if that stops your wir...

Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page
Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or opening existing ones using that page. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater <evancater@gmail.com> wrote: That page does not show up for me when I close my app using DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by Access. You may mean at startup time. If so, just...

IBM "PL/I for Windows" documentation
to: comp.lang.pl1 As a follow up to previous notes, if anyone in this group is interested in the current IBM documentation for "IBM PL/I for Windows", you can go to the page: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/pli/library/ Under the paragraph that states, "WebSphere Developer for zSeries and WebSphere Studio Enterprise Developer contain PL/I for Windows. The following PL/I for Windows documents are available:" you will find the links to the MOST recent documentation under: "WebSphere Developer for zSeries - Language Reference - Programming Guide...

Getting rid of "\end{document}"?
Hi, Is there anything i can place in the preamble before the "\begin{document}" which will make it so the compiler will automatically act as if there is an "\end{document}" at the bottom of the document? Is there any reason whatsoever why one would ever intentionally leave out "\end{document}"? It seems like an unnecessary extra thing which, while not hard itself, is easy to leave out if you're compiling frequently to look at your progress. At least on the compiler I have, this means getting stuck in some weird kind of infinite loop until you type "\end" repeatedly and it chokes on some sort of overflow error. Thanks a lot for helping out, Snis Pilbor "Snis Pilbor" <snispilbor@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there anything i can place in the preamble before the > "\begin{document}" which will make it so the compiler will > automatically act as if there is an "\end{document}" at the bottom of > the document? You can put it in the call of LaTeX: latex '\input{yourfile}\end{document}' In the preamble it is too late. Other files can follow, e.g.: latex '\input{preamble}\input{chap1}\input{chap2}\end{document}' > Is there any reason whatsoever why one would ever intentionally > leave out "\end{document}"? It seems like an unnecessary extra thing > which, while not hard itself, is easy to leave out if you're compilin...

"out" and "in out"

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

Why does "Linux Company" IBM support a "crime against humanity" ????
The answer is money. It's always about money for these "linux companies" like IBM and Google. <quote> Electronic Frontier Foundation February 5, 2015 | By Nadia Kayyali EFF Files Amicus Brief in Case That Seeks to Hold IBM Responsible for Facilitating Apartheid in South Africa This case isn't about general-purpose technology being cleverly misused by a malicious government. Rather, this case is about corporate collaboration in governmental human rights abuses, through the creation of a customized technology solution for the known and intended purpose of...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

why so difficult to get IBM BP quote on IBM i systems?
I am getting nowhere asking different business partners for quotes on the following IBM i edition Power systems: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/hardware/servers/js12/799860xi.html http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/520/configs/9407m151i.html From each BP I am dealing with I ask for the quote and get back something which is twice the price. Some provide detailed pricing, others say IBM does not allow details to be quoted. When I call IBM directly and ask questions like what is the difference between versions of the BCS chassis, I am told I have to ask the BP. Problem is t...

X31 "access IBM" button question
I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and installed it and got a Blue Screen error: "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer .... ***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) " I put the bios into debug mode and subsequent reboots it does the memory, device checkout and then goes to the boot which gives the above message. It says at the bottom, to interrupt normal startup, press the blue Access IBM button. However, when I press the button, it does not bring me back to the BIOS setup screen. No matter what I have tried (FN key with f1, f2, f3 etc), I have not been able to get back. At this point, I have 3 questions : 1. How do I get back to BIO setup? 2. Does the X31 expect something other than what Windows places in the MBR (to get past the blue screen message) 3. Is there any web references on the X31 I appreciate any help, thanks Lou Lou Lipnickey wrote: > I just bought an X31 off ebay am having a few config issues. It didn't > come with a disk. So, I put a clean copy of XP on a 2.5 drive and > installed it and got a Blue Screen error: > > "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent > damage to your computer .... > > ***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8973640,0xC0000034,0x0000000,0x0000000) " > > I put the bios into ...

Cannot get IBM 3275 HDD to go "Available"
Having a problem trying to get an IBM 3275 HDD go from defined to available. - Have updated firmware for adapter and system - Updated to 5.2.0.6 OS --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hdisk2 U787A.001.DPM1DTH-P1-T10-L3-L0 16 Bit LVD SCSI Disk Drive (146800 MB) Manufacturer................IBM H0 Machine Type and Model......HUS103014FL3800 FRU Number..................03N5267 ROS Level and ID............52505152 Serial Number...............00B32AC5 EC Level....................H17923D...

IBM announced newest release of product including "IBM COBOL for Windows"
This week, IBM announced the latest release of the *ONLY* product that they now sell that include a currently supported version of "IBM COBOL for Windows". See: http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/0/897/ENUS209-380/ENUS209-380.PDF It appears (but I haven't seen the details) that there are new installation options that will allow a user to better "tailor" which features of RDz they want installed. NOTE WELL: This does NOT mean that there are options for only BUYING those features that you want to use. If you are a shop that *only* wants COBOL (not PL/I...

"My Documents" Folder.
I want to write a FileLocator that is relative to "My Documents" folder. How do you locate "My Documents"? umur wrote: > I want to write a FileLocator that is relative to "My Documents" folder. > How do you locate "My Documents"? You could try the appended small package, which provides access to some of the pre-defined locations. Once loaded, use: ShellLibrary default getSpecialFolderPath: CSIDL_PERSONAL. -- chris =========== CU Windows Shell Extensions.pac =========== | package | package := Package name: 'CU W...

Cannot get BIOS setting change to "take" on IBM NetVista
Hello All: In the BIOS of an IBM NetVista running XP I am setting the floppy drive to 3.5-inch/1.44Mb, but the save doesn't "take". It keeps returning to 5.25-inch. Is there something/somewhere that can keep a BIOS setting change from taking? Thanks in advance, -Richard Vaughn "Richard Vaughn" <rvaughn9@verizon.net> wrote in message news:543tc.22226$yc4.19203@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > Hello All: > > In the BIOS of an IBM NetVista running XP I am setting > the floppy drive to 3.5-inch/1.44Mb, but the save doesn't "take&q...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

how to get rid of "today" "yesterday" etc bars in kmail 1.12.4?
Hi: I looked around in the setup of kmail, I googled but for the life of me I can't find any way to get rid of the superfluous and molesting bars which devide my message list into "today", "yesterday", "last week", "NAME OF MONTH". etc [rant] I am able to read the dates and sort against the dates column - yessir! I don't want such "Outlook-Mania for dummies". Oh wait! Maybe it's not for dummies - 'cause dummies aren't able to get rid of it. [rant] And yes, I would like to stay with kmail. Kind regards, Eike -- "T...

How can Client get "Client IP" ?
Hi, All : I wrote a simple server in Python, and I can get the client IP by following script: s = socket.socket( socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM ) s.bind( (HOST, PORT) ) s.listen(1) conn, addr = s.accept() clientIP = addr s.close() That's wonderful. However, I hope that my client can get his own IP "by himself". ( Not by server :Q ) So what can I do ? Is there a CONST I can use ? Thanks. --pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline For a socket object s, s.getsockname() "Return the socket's own address. This is usefu...

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

Gary Sokolich """"""

WHERE did Joseph Smith get the terms "Mormon" and "Moroni" and "Cumorah" from???
Nick thinks he is a historian, and has his own kooky Victor von Frankenstein interpretation of how The Mormons holy "book of mormon" came into being. He is the only one in the world who thinks that Joseph smith actually had gold plates that were smuggled to the americas where he then translated them giving a coded history of Europe. Mormons including their founding prophet think Joe's supposed gold plates, which he said an angel gave to him, detailed a history of american indians. No one other than mormons believe that nonsense, but nick has a theory that only he can be stupid...

Web resources about - How do I get rid of the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client Access"? - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc