How do set Journal size in AS400?

Dear all,

       How do set the Journal size in AS400?. I am a beginner in
AS400?
If anybody knows Pls share with me.

Veera

 > How to set journal size?
   It is more appropriately the 'Journal Receiver' size Threshold; a
size which specifies when [at what threshold] warnings of and actions,
should be made to establish a new receiver to be attached to the
journal.  The CRTJRNRCV command establishes that.  Either CRTJRN or
CHGJRN to attach a journal to that receiver.  Both of the latter
commands allow setting Size Options and Management features for the
receivers.

Regards, Chuck
employer
0
crpence (662)

AS400 to AS400 connection

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

As400 Journaling
Hi there I'm pretty new to AS400,I want to learn about journaling, how they work and how to set them up, also in the comming months we may be going high availability, linking into a second box offsite, can any of you share info on either of the above or let me know where I can find information on both. Keep up the good work. F Information is in the Backup and Recovery Guide, which is under the Systems Management path in the Information Center (go to http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com and follow links). May also be some information in the Database topics. "Finny" <finnyo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a0e34e70.0401270224.792779c4@posting.google.com... > Hi there > I'm pretty new to AS400,I want to learn about journaling, how they > work and how to set them up, also in the comming months we may be > going high availability, linking into a second box offsite, can any of > you share info on either of the above or let me know where I can find > information on both. > Keep up the good work. > F ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

How to use AS400 journaling?
Hi, I am using V5R4. Is there any way to see a table journal in the form of SQL that was actually run on it? Can I see that at some date and some time, someone did an UPDATE, or INSERT or DELETE? Can I see the full SQL query that was executed (sort of like what is saved with interactive SQL sessions, but for all users)? The output of DSPJRN is very criptic, I'm looking for something simpler. On Oct 9, 5:59 am, simun.se...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am using V5R4. Is there any way to see a table journal in the form > of SQL that was actually run on it? Can I see that at some date and > some time, someone did an UPDATE, or INSERT or DELETE? Can I see the > full SQL query that was executed (sort of like what is saved with > interactive SQL sessions, but for all users)? > > The output of DSPJRN is very criptic, I'm looking for something > simpler. You'll have to start a database monitor job to see this but there's no way to limit it to a particular table. You can limit it by job and I think user (this option is new to V5R4) or you can start one for the entire system but you'll need lots of free DASD to store all of the information it produces and it will slow the system down. Matt SQL is not the only way to delete or insert rows. The program name and job attributed to the action defines the where, the user defines the who, and of course the date/time defines the when; what the identified program does, defines the ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Setting date in SMTP on AS400
Hi, We're running a mailserver (for the time being) on a model 200 with v3r1m0. Since 29th Feb however all incoming mail has the wrong date, the dat of tomorrow that is. If I do a telnet session on port 25 smtp, i see the wrong date. How can I change that date??? The system date is correct ofcourse and an IPL didn't work either... thanks, Edwin Edwin H wrote: > Hi, > We're running a mailserver (for the time being) on a model 200 with v3r1m0. > Since 29th Feb however all incoming mail has the wrong date, the dat of > tomorrow that is. If I do a telnet session on port 25 smtp, i see the wrong > date. How can I change that date??? The system date is correct ofcourse and > an IPL didn't work either... > thanks, > Edwin Check your QUCTOFFSET value, and the C locale settings. -- Dan Hicks A bad conscience has a very good memory. ...

IBM AS400 certfication test papers
Aprax Consulting believes in developing professionals who believe in themselves and are equipped with the latest state of the art in their respective fields, professionals who are confident and can compete in the challenging world. The endeavor is to inculcate a desire for continuous improvement, a sense of healthy competition, and sensitivity towards ethical and moral values. Aprax consulting offers all types of certification test papers, dumps with 100% assurance of passing. 100% Money refunded if failed (except courier charges). All IBM certification including Mainframe certification, AS400 certification test papers available. IBM MAINFRAME DB2 certification IBM AS/400 RPGILE certification Contact: Aprax Consulting Ph(M): +91-9873500678 URL: www.apraxindia.com Email: hr@apraxindia.com Your 1st sentence is grammatically incorrect and doesn't make any sense. One question: Isn't your moral values endeavor compromised by selling dumps? ...

Changing AS400 TCP/IP Settings
Hi, I'm going to need to change our AS400 TCP/IP settings soon because we're getting a new DNS server. I'm trying to find out if there are any "gotchas" in the process. What I intend to do is: 1) ENDTCPSVR *ALL 2) Add host table entry for the new server 3) Add new default route (delete the old default route) 4) Change our domain information to specify new domain name and dns ip address 5)STRTCPSVR *ALL Am I missing anything? Thanks Jim Is your IP address of the 400 going to stay the same. Make sure you check command CHGTCPDMN. Jack Thanks for getting back so quickly. -CHGTCPDM is part of my check list - I'll be changing the domain name and the dns address. -I haven't checked with our network administrator, but I'm assuming (bad idea) that the as400 ip address will remain unchanged. If that's not the case, am I correct in assuming that I can "Work with TCP/IP Interfaces" and remove our current NETLIN *ELAN line description and then add a new lind with the correct IP information (also bearing in mind that this will also affect the host table entries) Jim <jack.kingsley@wamu.net> wrote in message news:1109780119.594970.164430@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is your IP address of the 400 going to stay the same. Make sure you > check command CHGTCPDMN. > JB wrote: > Jack > Thanks for getting back so quickly. > -CHGTCPDM is part of my check list - I'll be changing the dom...

problems setting up printer as device on AS400
I am learning the as400 currently, so please have patience with me here. I have a user who has a LaserJet 6L connected to her PC via parallel connection. She has Client\Access Express installed on her PC for connection to the as400. She has as400 reports that currently go out to a networked printer\copier and wants these reports to print out on the laserjet 6L connected to her PC. I setup a session for her printer on her PC and took all the default values. I then hasdone of our AS400 programmers set her reports to go to the LaserJet 6L. Now when she prints the reports we do get a print out, but its weird. Lines, crossed lines and what appears to be drawings of intersections. Not aski characters or anything I have seen before. what should I be looking at to fix this problem? gary Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII on the iSeries" box and then use the drop down to select your printer model. *HP6 is probably what you want. Of course this is assuming you haven't tried this already. Thad Rizzi havent tried that yet, but I will now. thanks. gary "Thad Rizzi" <thad_rizzi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1106683687.438141.250260@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Go communication/configure on the emulator screen and then click on the > setup button for the printer. Check the "Transform print data to ASCII > on ...

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

DB2 on AS400: Manipulate journaling via JDBC?
Hi forum, can anyone tell me wether it is possible to adjust the journaling via JDBC? I have created a database (library) via CREATE SCHEMA which creates a journal and journal receiver automatically, what is very nice (thank you Karl Hanson ;). But now I'm not sure if I should leave the journalling default settings or not. Since the application will run on customer AS400s and I don't know the hardware configuration (hard disk size) of those it would be handy to facilitate the manipulation of these settings. Is this possible via JDBC? Or do I have to call cl commands? O...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

ODBC drivers for IBM AS400 on Mac OsX
Hello, I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. I cannot usa jdbc because the program that needs to access this AS400 is FileMaker Pro 8, and it handles only odbc connections. Thank you for your help and patience, -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | Sorry for the multiple posts, Guido > I need to know if there exists an ODBC driver (commercial too) > for the IBM AS400 system (maybe DB2 is equivalent) that can > be easily installed on a *Mac Os X*. > A quick google search didn't show much in the way of DB2 ODBC drivers for Mac, but there's an odbc-to-jdbc bridge product that may be helpful: http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Kaj Julius wrote: > http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc/st/odbc-jdbc-bridge-st/ > (click the Mac symbol at the bottom of the page) Thank you Kaj, I will take a look. -- Guido | Experience is a strange teacher, | | it gives you the problem before the lesson | ...

Does IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux?
Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which distribution is available? Al Al Bogner wrote: > Does an IBM AS400e Type 9406 work with Linux? If so, which > distribution is available? The following shows the which models support Linux. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/pdfs/guide.pdf ...

WHAT RECORD SIZE SHOULD BE TO TRANSFER AFP RESOUSE in PC to AS400
Hello, I am transferring AFP resources from PC to AS400 through client Access Data Transfer utility. PC AFP-resource become valid on AS400 only if i give(in client Access utility) record length equilant to smallest power of 2 value that is greater then size of AFP resource(e.g. if AFP resource size is 383 bytes then record length should be 512 bytes that is 2 raise power 9). With this formula of record length when i transfer the AFP overlay resource, the AFP overlay resource is copied as a single record And this copied file through CRTOVL command creates AS400 AFP overlay successfully. This works fine as long as AFP resource size is less then 3KBytes, because maximum record size you can give is 32767 bytes. And if you have 110 KB AFP resource then you have to give record length 131072 bytes (2 raise to power 17). But as 131072 bytes is far greater then 32767 bytes so it doesn't accept it and resultantly i have to give some small record length. In small record length case file does copied but it is not copied as a single record and so CRTOVL command shows an error that file is not valid to create overlay. Please help me out as WHAT RECORD SIZE I SHOULD GIVE TO TRANSFER AFP RESOURCE FROM PC TO AS400, SO THAT THROUGH THAT I CAN TRANSFER AFP RESOURCE OF ANY LENGTH, AS A VALID AFP RESOURCE FILE. I am grateful in advance of yr kind help and concern in this regard. Help i get on this forum has always helped me alot in solving my AS400 problems. So Thank...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to find a utility to reformat them. HTH, Charles In article <3fr4h0hqcq8dpeibqkmac7cv9ilm85oupt@4ax.com>, reply@here.org says... > i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 > server. > > i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a > generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . > > they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive > ( ie. formatting) > > are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? > > is it the drive microcode ? > > am i out of luck on these drives ? > > drive cage = type 6713 > ibm FRU = 59H6611 > drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) > thank you , i`ll look into that - drives seem to stop responding after adaptec bios format utility is attempted - led activity indicator goes off - no writing noise ibm/hitachi ...

Microsoft uses IBM AS400's for development.
Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work space. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. This option is really a PC on > a card but offers significant advantages over a stand alone pc in that > it can support virtual sessions of Windows each of which can be > rebooted as required without bringing down the other seesions or worse > the rest of the machine. Microsoft is a huge IBM AS400 customer. Most > people assume developers are using PC's sitting next to their work > space. MS developers are using Win 2k3 and Win 2k8 servers as development machines too and not PC(s), with VMware. Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda wrote: Plonk "Fadl Ullah Jonnalagadda" <fadlullah.jonnalagadda@gmail.com> wrote in message news:60deb8d3-5599-48d8-8667-6734e37a756b@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > Not well known but Microsoft uses IBM AS400 machines with the Windows > server card option to develop programs. ...

step by step instructions setting up email as400 to exchange server
We are attempting to setup email on the as400 so reports from the 400 can be emailed to salesmen. We currently have an exchange 2000 server for our inhouse email running on windows 2000 server and are trying to get the two to communicate. Is there step by step instructions for doing this? "gary" <garym_jnospam@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:c20blp$1o841q$1@ID-130675.news.uni-berlin.de... > We are attempting to setup email on the as400 so reports from the 400 can be > emailed to salesmen. > We currently have an exchange 2000 server for our inhouse email running on > windows 2000 server and are trying to get the two to communicate. > > Is there step by step instructions for doing this? Hi Gary, Check out http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0cf528a492c9b4a88625680b0002037f/05065e3e8dd15454862565c2007caa52?OpenDocument or http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid3_gci818531,00.html (maybe you'll have to register) HTH -- Mercury Check out: http://www.bvstools.com/docs/mailtool/faq.html These are standard instructions that usually work and are easy to follow. Brad www.bvstools.com gary wrote: > We are attempting to setup email on the as400 so reports from the 400 can be > emailed to salesmen. > We currently have an exchange 2000 server for our inhouse email running on > windows 2000 server and are trying to get the two to communicate. > > Is there step by step instructions for doing this...

Web resources about - How do set Journal size in AS400? - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

American Trade Journal - Fianancial News
CLOSE Core Trends Market Trends Consumer Goods Energy & Solar Global Markets Europe Asia Federal Reserve Politics & Economics BRICS DOW Index ...

The Courier-Journal - Louisville and Southern Indiana news, sports, entertainment, business, real estate ...
Full coverage of news, sports, business and entertainment in the Louisville, Kentucky and Southern Indiana area from The Courier-Journal, Kentucky's ...

New Homepage - Daily Science Journal
CLOSE Home Humanities & Social Science Science & Research News Astronomy Geology & Earth About DSJ Staff Terms Of Use Privacy Policy Contact ...

Digital Journal: A Global Digital Media Network
Digital Journal is a digital media news network with thousands of Digital Journalists in 200 countries around the world. Join us!

Legal News Blog - Law Firm News - JD Journal
JD Journal provides Legal News & Law Firm News for Attorneys, Lawyers, Paralegals, Law Firm Staff and Other Legal Professionals.

RFID Journal - RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Technology News & Features
RFID Journal is your source for timely, objective news and information about RFID (radio frequency identification) and its many business applications ...

Daily Journal - Johnson County, Indiana's Online Daily Newspaper
The Daily Journal is dedicated to community service, to defense of individual rights and to providing those checks upon government which no constitution ...

Valley Journal - Local News for Polson, Pablo, Ronan, Charlo, St. Ignatius & Arlee, Montana
Valley Journal - Local News for Polson, Pablo, Ronan, Charlo, St. Ignatius & Arlee, Montana

The Sport Journal - Refereed Sports Journal, Published by the United States Sports Academy
Authors: Dr. Rob Hudson*(1), Dr. Brandon Spradley(1) (1)Faculty member of the United States Sports Academy *Corresponding Author: Rob Hudson ...

Leigh Journal - News, sport, education, business, leisure, in the Leigh area
Leigh Journal News, sport, business, leisure in your area