How many ways in Client Access Express to tranfer any file from PC to AS400

Hello friends,
     How many ways are there in Client Access Express through which we
can tranfer ANY file from PC to AS400,through programming? Through
this forum i understand one way through emulator's API(or emulator's
Host Access library). But i come to know that this option requires an
extra license to be purchased and does not include in standard Client
Access Express Package.
     So is there any other way in Client Access Express through which
i can transfer my files, from PC to AS400 and vise versa?
     Your help would be very important for me as i am stuck in it for
last couple of days and i badly want it done. Thanks in advance for yr
concern and help.

kind regards,
Umer
0
umer_ejaz (25)

Client access upload
Ftp
Copy file to ifs

Rikkie

"Umer" <umer_ejaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello friends,
>      How many ways are there in Client Access Express through which we
> can tranfer ANY file from PC to AS400,through programming? Through
> this forum i understand one way through emulator's API(or emulator's
> Host Access library). But i come to know that this option requires an
> extra license to be purchased and does not include in standard Client
> Access Express Package.
>      So is there any other way in Client Access Express through which
> i can transfer my files, from PC to AS400 and vise versa?
>      Your help would be very important for me as i am stuck in it for
> last couple of days and i badly want it done. Thanks in advance for yr
> concern and help.
>
> kind regards,
> Umer

Thanku Rikkie,
   I know FTP, netserver but i want details of Client Access Upload.
How can i use Client Access Upload through programming, for
transfering of files?
Thanks for yr time and help

Kind regards,
Umer

"Rikkie" <everslegers@web.de> wrote in message news:<3fb3db4a$0$13526$ba620e4c@reader1.news.skynet.be>...
> Client access upload
> Ftp
> Copy file to ifs
>
> Rikkie

0
umer_ejaz (25)
11/14/2003 5:58:07 AM
Umer,

Where did you get the information that HACL is a seperate part of CA
Express?  I understood that the APIs were available and did not
require a seperate license.

I might be able to help if I know excatly what you're wanting to do.

Jonas Temple

umer_ejaz@hotmail.com (Umer) wrote in message news:<f468322f.0311122254.7cb349fd@posting.google.com>...
> Hello friends,
>      How many ways are there in Client Access Express through which we
> can tranfer ANY file from PC to AS400,through programming? Through
> this forum i understand one way through emulator's API(or emulator's
> Host Access library). But i come to know that this option requires an
> extra license to be purchased and does not include in standard Client
> Access Express Package.
>      So is there any other way in Client Access Express through which
> i can transfer my files, from PC to AS400 and vise versa?
>      Your help would be very important for me as i am stuck in it for
> last couple of days and i badly want it done. Thanks in advance for yr
> concern and help.
>
> kind regards,
> Umer
0
jtemple (209)
11/14/2003 2:31:18 PM
With ibm client access you have a gui to create a transfer file. This is a
sort of "script" that describes how and where a file from the pc must be
copied to the as400.
You can run this script with the gui or put it  in a bat file to execute.
This bat file can be run from the pc, the as400 could run this file on the
pc, the bat file can
be scheduled.

> Thanku Rikkie,
>    I know FTP, netserver but i want details of Client Access Upload.
> How can i use Client Access Upload through programming, for
> transfering of files?
> Thanks for yr time and help
>
> Kind regards,
> Umer
>

> "Rikkie" <everslegers@web.de> wrote in message
> > Client access upload
> > Ftp
> > Copy file to ifs
> >
> > Rikkie

Jonas,
    I used ECLXfer->SendFile(...) method (of emulator's
   Host Access library) to transfer file, with following parameters.
Xfer->SendFile("c:\\Test.txt", "Test txt b","(ASCII PROGRESS LRECL
1024)");

But when I execute this method after creating a valid emulator
connection, this method tries to execute following command on
emulator's console

APVAFILE PUT TEST TXT B (ASCII LRECL 1024)

but this command fails and returns an error that
"Command APVAFILE in Library *LIBL Not Found"

On searching IBM site for this error i found following error
description(check the following link)

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/515a7ef1f8deef8c8625680b00020380/0b8ea402e52f5176862565c2007ccda1?OpenDocument

 From this description i concluded that file transfer through emulator
would require a seperate license. However, one thing that the error
desribed on this page has CPD0030 before it however the error i get
doesn't have CPD0030 before it. But rest of the error string is same.
May be i am reading the wrong error description?
    If you want to know as general what i want to do then that is i
want to transfer AFP files from PC to AS/400 and vice versa, from
client Access Express, through programming. Through any API or
anything that won't matter, but it should be a standard part of client
Access Express and my application should be able to easily deal with
it.
      I can give you more information regarding this if you want it in
finding the problem.
    Thanks Jonas i would be very grateful if you help me out through
this as i am badly stuck in it.

kind regards,
Umer

jtemple@yhti.net (Jonas Temple) wrote in message news:<cb2c1f5c.0311140631.382f5455@posting.google.com>...
> Umer,
>
> Where did you get the information that HACL is a seperate part of CA
> Express?  I understood that the APIs were available and did not
> require a seperate license.
>
> I might be able to help if I know excatly what you're wanting to do.
>
> Jonas Temple

0
umer_ejaz (25)
11/17/2003 5:39:31 AM
Rikkie,
   Thanks this is another option that i didn't know. Now I am trying
this option also lets hope it'll work. But is there anyway i can get
the details of this script in which file transfer request is created
so that i can create it on my own according to my requirements,
without initiating the file transfer UI?
thanks for yr help
kind regards,
Umer

"Rikkie" <everslegers@web.de> wrote in message news:<3fb52dc4$0$10330$ba620e4c@reader0.news.skynet.be>...
> With ibm client access you have a gui to create a transfer file. This is a
> sort of "script" that describes how and where a file from the pc must be
> copied to the as400.
> You can run this script with the gui or put it  in a bat file to execute.
> This bat file can be run from the pc, the as400 could run this file on the
> pc, the bat file can
> be scheduled.
>
> Rikkie
0
umer_ejaz (25)
11/17/2003 9:54:52 AM
The script is just a text file you can look at and change as long you are
playing by the rules.Just open the file with notepad.

> Rikkie,
>    Thanks this is another option that i didn't know. Now I am trying
> this option also lets hope it'll work. But is there anyway i can get
> the details of this script in which file transfer request is created
> so that i can create it on my own according to my requirements,
> without initiating the file transfer UI?
> thanks for yr help
> kind regards,
> Umer
>

> "Rikkie" <everslegers@web.de> wrote in message
> > With ibm client access you have a gui to create a transfer file. This is
> > sort of "script" that describes how and where a file from the pc must be
> > copied to the as400.
> > You can run this script with the gui or put it  in a bat file to
execute.
> > This bat file can be run from the pc, the as400 could run this file on
the
> > pc, the bat file can
> > be scheduled.
> >
> > Rikkie

Umer,

Dang.  You're right.

You should be able to use the hllapi() function with HA_SEND_FILE to
do the same thing.  This routine can be found in ehlapi32.h in the CA
Express Toolkit.  I've never tried this function but have used other
ehlapi functions.  Let me check at home to see if I have something
close to working.

Jonas

umer_ejaz@hotmail.com (Umer) wrote in message news:<f468322f.0311162139.3b4652b9@posting.google.com>...
> Jonas,
>     I used ECLXfer->SendFile(...) method (of emulator's
>    Host Access library) to transfer file, with following parameters.
> Xfer->SendFile("c:\\Test.txt", "Test txt b","(ASCII PROGRESS LRECL
> 1024)");
>
> But when I execute this method after creating a valid emulator
> connection, this method tries to execute following command on
> emulator's console
>
> APVAFILE PUT TEST TXT B (ASCII LRECL 1024)
>
> but this command fails and returns an error that
> "Command APVAFILE in Library *LIBL Not Found"
>
> On searching IBM site for this error i found following error
> description(check the following link)
>
> http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/515a7ef1f8deef8c8625680b00020380/0b8ea402e52f5176862565c2007ccda1?OpenDocument
>
>  From this description i concluded that file transfer through emulator
> would require a seperate license. However, one thing that the error
> desribed on this page has CPD0030 before it however the error i get
> doesn't have CPD0030 before it. But rest of the error string is same.
> May be i am reading the wrong error description?
>     If you want to know as general what i want to do then that is i
> want to transfer AFP files from PC to AS/400 and vice versa, from
> client Access Express, through programming. Through any API or
> anything that won't matter, but it should be a standard part of client
> Access Express and my application should be able to easily deal with
> it.
>       I can give you more information regarding this if you want it in
> finding the problem.
>     Thanks Jonas i would be very grateful if you help me out through
> this as i am badly stuck in it.
>
> kind regards,
> Umer
>

> jtemple@yhti.net (Jonas Temple) wrote in message news:<cb2c1f5c.0311140631.382f5455@posting.google.com>...
> > Umer,
> >
> > Where did you get the information that HACL is a seperate part of CA
> > Express?  I understood that the APIs were available and did not
> > require a seperate license.
> >
> > I might be able to help if I know excatly what you're wanting to do.
> >
> > Jonas Temple

0
jtemple (209)

Whats the name of client Access Express's API who transfer files between PC- AS400
Hello friends, Thanks for helping me out in my NetServer problems. Now i have some queries regarding client Access Express's APIs. 1... I want to know the exact name of client Access Express API that does the file transfer from PC to AS400 and vice versa. I want to transfer programmingly AFP resources from PC to AS400 through client Access Express transfer routines. 2... Can Client Access Express Transfer routines also transfer AFP resources as, apprarently from client Access's transfer utility's UI, we can only transfer database files. As before, yr kind suggestions would be very helpful for a person like me who is new in AS400 world. Thanks in advance for yr concern and help. kind regards, Umer Umer, As far as quesion 1, you can use the SendFile/ReceiveFile APIs from CA Express. You can find the documentation for these routines in the Express Toolkit under Emulation/C++. The routines are defined in include file eclxfer.hpp. Don't know about question 2, though. HTH, Jonas Temple umer_ejaz@hotmail.com (Umer) wrote in message news:<f468322f.0310300256.d810dd8@posting.google.com>... > Hello friends, > Thanks for helping me out in my NetServer problems. Now i have > some queries regarding client Access Express's APIs. > 1... I want to know the exact name of client Access Express API that > does the file transfer from PC to AS400 and vice versa. I want to > transfer programmingly AFP resources from PC to AS400 throu...

Problem in: AFP Overlay transfer from PC to AS400, through Client Access.
Hello friends, I have problem in transfering AFP files from "Client Access Data Transfer to AS400 utility". When i copy AFP overlay from this utility it gives error that Record Length is small so padding would be done in file. After padding it copies the file onto AS400. On this copied file when i apply CRTOVL command of OS400 it gives me error: File is not valid for creating OVL. Following are the properties I set in "Client Access Data Transfer to AS400 utility", for transfer of AFP Overlay. Convertion type = No Conversion Create Object = Create new File and Member Record Length = 381 <Size of Overlay in bytes> Authority = ALL I want to know what is wrong, if i am not giving the record length valid then what would i have to give in Record Length option in case of AFP overlay. Or in simple words what would be the property settings in "Client Access Data Transfer to AS400 utility" for transfer of AFP overlay? I would be very grateful for yr urgent help in this regard. kind regards, Umer First we use FTP to upload Overlays to the 400. Also if your on V5RxM0 then I think the record length should be 32,766. Pre V5 I'm not sure what the record length would be. If I took a guess I would say 255 or 256. Hope this helps. Dan umer_ejaz@hotmail.com (Umer) wrote in message news:<f468322f.0312190404.429a6d22@posting.google.com>... > Hello friends, > I have problem ...

Problem regarding: AFP resource transfer from PC to AS400 through Client Access
Hi, What Maximum record length should i give in "Data Transfer to AS400 Utility of Client Access" to transfer AFP resources from PC to AS400? Thanks alot in advance for yr help in this regard. kind regards, Umer. ...

How to create PC File Description File(.FDF) for Client Access file transfer utility?
Hello Friends, I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in which i can get this. Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard. kind regards, Umer Assuming the file exists on the as400, use CA to download the file first and select create FDF option. If not, download any file and select FDF and look at its definition. I remember it being pretty basic, but I can't recall the exact syntax. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:25:14 -0800, Umer wrote: > Hello Friends, > I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) > that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while > transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF > file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be > transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in > which i can get this. > Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard. > > kind regards, > Umer > "Umer" wrote: > I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) > that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while > transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF > f...

Send Spool file AS400 to Text PC file
I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. Thanks You need to use CPYSPLF to a database file and after CPYTOIMPF and after FTP - if you use iSeries Navigator (it's free) you just need to copy the spool file on your PC local drive enjoy it. "Fouad LFN" <Fouad.lfn@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: e0d92946.0503220924.5cc1ce23@posting.google.com... >I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. > Thanks Run CPYSPLF to convert the spool file to a flat file. Then use CPYTOSTMF to save it in the IFS. If you save the file to a part of the IFS which has a share then the users will be able to see the file from Windows Network Places/Network Neighborhood. If you have Netserver set up correctly on the iSeries then you could specify the destination of the stream file to be a share on one of your Windows machines. See my article for more about this at: http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/nodeuk/ukarchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&CO_ContentID=18919 Glenn Hi, If you are looking for a more comprehesive commercial software solution, RPM Select from Brooks Internet Software (www.brooksnet.com) has a very good, easy to use, GUI based interface that could manage your spool files. Many of my customers use it in conjucntion with my Document processing, OctoTools software, to bring text and report info from the AS/400 to a PC for further processing. Thanks, Larry T. You could just use opsnav & drag the sp...

AS400 client access
Newbie, I have an as400 software I think is version 3 r 2. What I need is to be able to either put a nic ( ethernet ) in it or use windows xp pro to access the devices. Windows 98 are on the clients now and they are connected via twin ax cabling. I know. ANyways is it possible the model is 9402. Second can I put these twinax cards into new machine and run a windows xp client access software ??? THanks Put a nic in it and use v5r1 client access express to access. If you just need terminal/printer emulation it works fine. I have used CAE v4r4 through to V5R1 on old 400 boxes with no problem. Of course try it out before you jump too far. Good Luck Bill "Ryan" <burnabyryan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vr5gca2pskb029@corp.supernews.com... > Newbie, > > I have an as400 software I think is version 3 r 2. What I need is to be able > to either put a nic ( ethernet ) in it or > use windows xp pro to access the devices. Windows 98 are on the clients now > and they are connected via twin ax cabling. I know. ANyways is it possible > the model is 9402. > > Second can I put these twinax cards into new machine and run a windows xp > client access software ??? > > THanks > > I think you must at least be at v3r7 to get tcp/ip to work. Rikkie "Bill cogeco.net>" <bwragg@<nospam> wrote in message news:jjCsb.48$ge.20540@read2.cgocable.net... > Put a nic in it and use v5r1 client access express t...

AS400 to AS400 connection

Client Access / AS400 Date Issue
I am trying to extract data from our AS400 based upon the current system date. I want to extract all records that are >= system date - 90 days and do not have a clue as to the correct syntax to use. Our date format is 1060225. E.P. wrote: > I am trying to extract data from our AS400 based upon the current > system date. I want to extract all records that are >= system date - > 90 days and do not have a clue as to the correct syntax to use. Our > date format is 1060225. What language are you trying to use? If RPGLE, this is pretty easy. Say your date field in your table is The_Date; then you could code: c if The_Date >= %dec(%date() - %days(90)) c exsr Extract_SR c endif Alternatively, you could code: c if %diff(%date():%date(The_Date:*cymd):*d) <= 90 c exsr Extract_SR c endif COBOL has something similar to the built-in functions called intrinsic functions; naturally, it's a lot wordier. If you're using SQL, the code isn't so straightforward. You're going to have to convert your date field value to a standard date format, and SQL doesn't have the same convenient built-in functions to do this. For an interactive application, you might write a user-defined function that converts your cyymmdd value into an *ISO date value; if it's batch, and you're processing a large number of records, you probably want to avoid this, be...

SQL 2000, AS400 and Client Access
Anyone Anyone , please shed some light. We have upgraded our existing NT4, SQL 7 MIS server to a W2K, SQL 2K server On this I have install all the latests service packs for all applications. I am running Client Access v4r5 SP67276(latest). I have setup all users, permissions, logins, links, dsn's, etc. as per the old server. However, when I run a openquery in query analyser it pulls one line and the following error message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Ex...

SQL 2000, AS400 and Client Access
Anyone Anyone , please shed some light. We have upgraded our existing NT4, SQL 7 MIS server to a W2K, SQL 2K server On this I have install all the latests service packs for all applications. I am running Client Access v4r5 SP67276(latest). I have setup all users, permissions, logins, links, dsn's, etc. as per the old server. However, when I run a openquery in query analyser it pulls one line and the following error message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)]Driver not capable.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowset::GetNextRows returned 0x80004005: ]. I have changed the record blocking and other properties including a manual connection string in the linked server in sql. Nothing seems to work I am at a lose right now and would appriciate any input that I can try to resolve the problem as right now it's all not working. Does anyone know if this version of Client Access we using is infact capable of this on the new system? This is one product where we have lost v5 cd's for and would need to source them if there is a know issue with the current version Many Thanks! I just ran into the same problem. You will have to install the latest Client Access, with the latest service packs. You say that you have lost the CDs for Client Access... you should still be able to get the software from the IF...

[...]

Win2000 Server can access client but client cannot access server files.
Hi We're running 2000 Server feeding 4 PC's and two Macs. Last week I found one PC can no longer access files on the server whereas the server can access any files on that PC. I suppose it's a good sign that it is at least working in one direction. I just need to get it back to working both ways. Though I am very competent with stand alone PCs I'm not very experienced with networks. I'd very grateful of any suggestions regarding settings I should check that would re-connect the link of this PC to the server. If there are any web sites you can recommend for network ne...

Win2000 Server can access client but client cannot access server files.
Hi We're running 2000 Server feeding 4 PC's and two Macs. Last week I found one PC can no longer access files on the server whereas the server can access any files on that PC. I suppose it's a good sign that it is at least working in one direction. I just need to get it back to working both ways. Though I am very competent with stand alone PCs I'm not very experienced with networks. I'd very grateful of any suggestions regarding settings I should check that would re-connect the link of this PC to the server. If there are any web sites you can recommend for network ne...

FTP ANSI-formatted file from PC to AS400
I get a file from a German partner four times a year, it's a PC-file, when I load it into Excel it looks nice using the Windows (ANSI) selection. I need it transferred to the AS400. I cannot use Client Access, since the file contains TAB-characters. THe AS400 is set up with Danish language, QCCSID=3D65535, QCHRID Character ID is 697 and Code Page is 277. I got the advice some years ago, to use FTP and give the command "quote type c 819" before putting, and that works, except that =FC (lower case U umlaut) becomes ~, which does not look nice. I have tried the following alternatives to CCSID 819, but with no succes: 858, 273, 367, 870, 923, 850, 1250, 1004. Any suggestions? Would it ease things to load it via QDLS? I do that with some files I get from Danish partners... Any help is most appreciated! //Mikael Kristiansen "MiK" <mikael.kristiansen@gmail.com> writes: > I got the advice some years ago, to use FTP and give the command > "quote type c 819" before putting, and that works, except that � > (lower case U umlaut) becomes ~, which does not look nice. Can you access the AS/400 as shared network drive? I.e. the \\as400\somewhere syntax from windows? If so, you may be able to just copy it? -- Thorbj�rn Ravn Andersen il 13/03/2007 18.47, Scrive MiK 40740912: > I got the advice some years ago, to use FTP and give the command > "quote type c 819" before putting, and that works, except that � >...

AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open
Hello All, I am having an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. When one of the users here tries to double click his emulator session it does not open. I will open the task manager and notice that a process for PCSWS.EXE is running but the emulator will not open. I assumed this meant that there was a corrupt Client Access Install so I attempted to reinstall the software. Then Setup.exe runs in the Process tray but will not open. I am sure this is releated to Client Access becuase I can install/reinstall any other program on the machine just not Client Access. I am also in a bind because I cannot just format the machine and start over due to how critical this machine is. I should also mention that this machine has worked fine for years it just started doing this yesterday. Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks for your time and cooperation. > I am having an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. =A0When one of the > users here tries to double click his emulator session it does not > open. =A0I will open the task manager and notice that a process for > PCSWS.EXE is running but the emulator will not open. =A0I assumed this What version of OS/400 and/or client access are you running? Chris drew.dunkel wrote: > <<SNIP>> I assumed this meant that there was a corrupt Client Access > Install so I attempted to reinstall the software. Then Setup.exe > runs in the Process tray but will not open. I am sure this is > releate...

CCSID problem on AS400 file download to PC
Hi I have a problem downloading a file from AS400 to PC where the file contains German language umlaut characters. The file is on an AS400 with a system language id of DEU German and a System CCSID of 65535. The file has been compiled with a CCSID of 273 - German. Within the file, the characters with umlauts have hex codes that match the expected values for code page 273. On a UK PC, I can use Client Access to download the file using the EBCDIC to ANSI conversion method and get a csv file with the correct German characters. I can also use the VB application that my colleagues are using to get the same results. My colleagues in Germany are using the Client Access express Active-X objects to download the file. The code specifies that EBCDIC to Ansi conversion is used on the download request. However, they lose the German characters. It appears from the characters that they see, that the EBCDIC to ASCII conversion used is treating the file as if it was coded as a UK file 037 and converting directly to ASCII from there. They can also use the Client Access download gui to manually get a correct copy of the file. Does anybody have any experience of using the Client Access download request active-x components in a multilanguage environment that can shed any light on what might be happening or where to go to get additional information ? Thanks, Mary > Does anybody have any experience of using the Client Access download request > active-x components in a multilanguage e...

MS Access
I have a PC in the office still running Win98 with IBM Client Access 4.5. It has no problem updating a file that lives on the AS/400 and is linked in an Microsoft Access db. The MS Access db resides on a server and is shared by several users. User 2 is running Win2k and iSeries Access 5.3 and loads the shared database. User 2 can open the linked file but cannot update it. I guess I'm User 3... also running Win2k & iAccess 5.3 and unable to update the file. Anyone got some ideas as to what might be going on? I've check the ODBC data source everything seems correct. -- Mike LaFountain seespotrun@thedoghousemail.com "We're here on board the U.S.S. Enterprise, where we've replaced the usual dilithium crystals with new Folgers crystals. Let's see what happens..." Hi, check the Commit-Settings in the ODBC Data Source. It should be (*NONE) Sascha "Dadoo" <seespotrun@thedoghousemail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns94EFDA7B716Amlafountintergate@216.148.227.77... > > I have a PC in the office still running Win98 with IBM Client Access > 4.5. It has no problem updating a file that lives on the AS/400 and > is linked in an Microsoft Access db. The MS Access db resides on a > server and is shared by several users. User 2 is running Win2k and > iSeries Access 5.3 and loads the shared database. User 2 can open the > linked file but cannot update it. I guess I'm User 3... also running > Win2k...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Re:AS400 Client Access Emulator Wont Open
I once had the same problem. In my case there was a problem with the windows logon script (Active Directory). The script tried to make a drive mapping to a share the user did not have proper rights to. Is there a process in the taskmanager called net.exe? If so: kill it. If the session opens check the users logon script. DIAH >Hello All, > >I am having an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. When one of the >users here tries to double click his emulator session it does not >open. I will open the task manager and notice that a process for >PCSWS.EXE is running but the emulator will not open. I assumed this >meant that there was a corrupt Client Access Install so I attempted to >reinstall the software. Then Setup.exe runs in the Process tray but >will not open. I am sure this is releated to Client Access becuase I >can install/reinstall any other program on the machine just not Client >Access. I am also in a bind because I cannot just format the machine >and start over due to how critical this machine is. > >I should also mention that this machine has worked fine for years it >just started doing this yesterday. > >Any help or information would be appreciated. > >Thanks for your time and cooperation. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- One more suggestion: After you re-install, ...

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to find a utility to reformat them. HTH, Charles In article <3fr4h0hqcq8dpeibqkmac7cv9ilm85oupt@4ax.com>, reply@here.org says... > i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 > server. > > i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a > generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . > > they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive > ( ie. formatting) > > are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? > > is it the drive microcode ? > > am i out of luck on these drives ? > > drive cage = type 6713 > ibm FRU = 59H6611 > drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) > thank you , i`ll look into that - drives seem to stop responding after adaptec bios format utility is attempted - led activity indicator goes off - no writing noise ibm/hitachi ...

Transfering files form AS400 to PC in batch mode. (cwbcfg?)
I am running a series of VBA/VB scripts using excel to convert AS400 spool files to pretty looking PDF stuff when I am not here at work. The Visual Basic Script was written to loggin to the AS400 by using cwbcfg and then calling an intance of Client access file transfer from AS400 to PC. This would run on my PC at night via the task scheduler. I works like this: 1. Windows task scheduler invokes my VB script. 2. VB script launches a .bat file that sets permissions using the CWBCFG command 3. VB script opens presaved file transfer from AS400 to the PC via client access. 4. VB script opens excel 5. Excel has Vb scipt in it to manipulate the data and make it "pretty" 6. Excel prints the file in pdf. 7. VB scipt moves the pdf file to our intranet. 8. program is complete. Now for what ever reason the data file transfer is not happening. I have tried like mad to use different combinations of the cwbcfg command and settings to get this to work only to come up empty handed. Anybody have any idea on how to make this work again? Thanks! Chad use rfrompcb to retrieve the files, not cwbcfg. You could also put an ftp server on the pc (cerberus is free and very good) and have the as400 put the files down onto the pc chad.thomsen@gmail.com wrote: > I am running a series of VBA/VB scripts using excel to convert AS400 > spool files to pretty looking PDF stuff when I am not here at work. > The Visual Basic Script was written to loggin to the AS400 by using &g...

Integration of AS400 Client Access Emulation into Frame of Web Page
Hi, Is it possible to integrate AS400 client access emulation into one frame of web page? I know it is possible to show the content of the emulation on a web page but that has been converted into a HTML format (I supposed). What I want is that the original screen is to appear within one of the frame of the page so that all the existing keying function on the emulation still remains. Please advise. Thanks & regards. ...

IBM AS400

Web resources about - How many ways in Client Access Express to tranfer any file from PC to AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express
Congratulations, you're now registered! Let us know what news and updates you want to hear about and we'll send them straight to your inbox. ...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

Outlook Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac OS 9 ,, Windows 3.x , Windows NT 3.51 , Windows 95 , Windows NT 4.0 Outlook Express is an email and news client that is included with Internet ...

City slicker Malcolm Turnbull hitches a ride on the urban express
Malcolm Turnbull wants his cities policy to be a trademark of his prime ministership.

City slicker Malcolm Turnbull hitches a ride on the urban express
Malcolm Turnbull wants his cities policy to be a trademark of his prime ministership.

Brussels Airport Explosions: City's people express themselves on the streets
In Place de la Bourse, the heart of cobbled ancient Brussels on the site of a former butter market, young people of the city chalked their thoughts. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: AirPort Express (refurb) $49, iTunes $10 movie sale, Adobe CC subscription $8 ...
... on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Buy a refurbished Apple AirPort Express ...

UnitedHealth Takes on CVS, Express Scripts With Drugs Deal
UnitedHealth Group Inc.’s OptumRx unit struck an agreement to ease customers’ access to drugs through Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc.’s drugstores, ...