How to create PC File Description File(.FDF) for Client Access file transfer utility?

Hello Friends,
      I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF)
that we  give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while
transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF
file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be
transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in
which i can get this.
    Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard.

kind regards,
Umer
0
umer_ejaz (25)

Assuming the file exists on the as400, use CA to download the file first
and select create FDF option. If not, download any file and select FDF and
look at its definition. I remember it being pretty basic, but I can't
recall the exact syntax.

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:25:14 -0800, Umer wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>       I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF)
> that we  give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while
> transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF
> file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be
> transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in
> which i can get this.
>     Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard.
>
> kind regards,
> Umer
0
Didjit
12/16/2003 11:59:06 AM
> "Umer" wrote:
> I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF)
> that we  give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while
> transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF
> file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be
> transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in
> which i can get this.

Umer,
I did a Google search on "IBM client access fdf layout" (without the
quotes):

Look Here:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0/837524e07eb86427862565c2007c9ef2?
OpenDocument&ExpandSection=1

If the above link is broken click this:
 http://makeashorterlink.com/?O24E154D6

And:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/QBKAKV02/3.4.1.1?SHELF=Q
BKAYC06&DT=19950907070616&CASE=

If the above link is broken click this:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O56E324D6

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935

Thanks alot Didgit and Steve for your great help it has cleared my
view about .FDF file.

kind regards,
Umer
0
umer_ejaz (25)
12/17/2003 11:50:52 AM
Save yourself a lot of trouble and create the file on the AS/400
first, add one record and let it create the fdf.  Play around with
changing it on the as400 until it matches your PC data.
0
bolingde (19)
12/17/2003 3:24:23 PM
based on ALex Nubla's  RTVDBSRC routines
we've made a  #RTVDBFDF  routine,
which can be used in conjuction with cpyfrmimpf

we've made a  "cpyfrmifs"-cmd as  frontend to cpyfrmimpf which uses the
#RTVDBFDF , if asked for
(FLDDFNFILE - FLDDFNMBR(*FILE)  parms).
-never understood why IBM didn't create such an option-.

the routine can be found in  http://www.abvv.be/code/en/fram099.htm -
IFS.ZIP

the flddfnfile needed in the cpyfrmimpf has nearly the same layout as the CA
fdf file,
but to make it not to simple, it has slight differences.

we prefer the cpyfrmimpf   (cpyfrmifs-home made cmd)
since it can be automated and incorporated in other procedures,
much easier than the CA transfer funciton

luc

"david boling" <bolingde@co.rowan.nc.us> wrote in message
> Sav
e yourself a lot of trouble and create the file on the AS/400
> first, add one record and let it create the fdf.  Play around with
> changing it on the as400 until it matches your PC data.

0
caura (11)

Whats the name of client Access Express's API who transfer files between PC- AS400
Hello friends, Thanks for helping me out in my NetServer problems. Now i have some queries regarding client Access Express's APIs. 1... I want to know the exact name of client Access Express API that does the file transfer from PC to AS400 and vice versa. I want to transfer programmingly AFP resources from PC to AS400 through client Access Express transfer routines. 2... Can Client Access Express Transfer routines also transfer AFP resources as, apprarently from client Access's transfer utility's UI, we can only transfer database files. As before, yr kind suggestions would be very helpful for a person like me who is new in AS400 world. Thanks in advance for yr concern and help. kind regards, Umer Umer, As far as quesion 1, you can use the SendFile/ReceiveFile APIs from CA Express. You can find the documentation for these routines in the Express Toolkit under Emulation/C++. The routines are defined in include file eclxfer.hpp. Don't know about question 2, though. HTH, Jonas Temple umer_ejaz@hotmail.com (Umer) wrote in message news:<f468322f.0310300256.d810dd8@posting.google.com>... > Hello friends, > Thanks for helping me out in my NetServer problems. Now i have > some queries regarding client Access Express's APIs. > 1... I want to know the exact name of client Access Express API that > does the file transfer from PC to AS400 and vice versa. I want to > transfer programmingly AFP resources from PC to AS400 throu...

file extention from file file location
Hi, I am new to perl (only working on this one problem) but I program in other languages. We have an upload script written in cgi. Can anyone tell me how to get the file extension from the variable $File1 (actual file location on uploader's computer) then find out if it is equal to "txt" Thanks in advance for not telling me to read the manual. Ron -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are NOT the originators of the articles and are NOT responsible for their content. HOW TO POST to co...

utility to creating a text file from a spool file
I need a utility or program that will allow me to download AS/400 spool files to a text file on a PC and still retain page layout. We create payroll check on the as/400 download those spool to text files and distribute those out our remote sites where they are printed on epson tractor feed printers. This process has worked great until now. I have been using a product call Surpass that has this capability, however, I just purchased a new iSeries and the company that wrote Surpass, The Tandem Group, must be out of business. Their software has my old As/400 serial and I'm unable to load it to the new machine. Does anyone have a way or a utility thast will do this. I know that I can create a text file from a sppol file but the page layout is lost in this process. I've tryed creating a PDF but that doesn't match the AS/400 page layout. I don't need a program that does much other than creating this file type. dws wrote: > I need a utility or program that will allow me to download AS/400 spool > files to a text file on a PC and still retain page layout. We create > payroll check on the as/400 download those spool to text files and > distribute those out our remote sites where they are printed on epson > tractor feed printers. This process has worked great until now. I have > been using a product call Surpass that has this capability, however, I > just purchased a new iSeries and the company that wrote Surpass, The &...

Iteration through File.file? misses entries for which File.file?(entry) == true
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby, so I'm most likely making an elementary mistake. However, searching Google didn't help me find my answer, and after mucking around with irb I still haven't figured it out. I wrote a method that was intended to take all of the files in a given directory and put them into an array. Here's the code I wrote: def getFiles(dir) pwdFiles = Array.new Dir.foreach(dir) do |entry| pwdFiles.push(entry) if File.file?(entry) == true end end This works fine when called on the working directory --- that is, getFile...

Send Spool file AS400 to Text PC file
I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. Thanks You need to use CPYSPLF to a database file and after CPYTOIMPF and after FTP - if you use iSeries Navigator (it's free) you just need to copy the spool file on your PC local drive enjoy it. "Fouad LFN" <Fouad.lfn@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: e0d92946.0503220924.5cc1ce23@posting.google.com... >I need to send a spool file from AS400 to text file in PC. > Thanks Run CPYSPLF to convert the spool file to a flat file. Then use CPYTOSTMF to save it in the IFS. If you save the file to a part of the IFS which has a share then the users will be able to see the file from Windows Network Places/Network Neighborhood. If you have Netserver set up correctly on the iSeries then you could specify the destination of the stream file to be a share on one of your Windows machines. See my article for more about this at: http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/nodeuk/ukarchive/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewarticle&CO_ContentID=18919 Glenn Hi, If you are looking for a more comprehesive commercial software solution, RPM Select from Brooks Internet Software (www.brooksnet.com) has a very good, easy to use, GUI based interface that could manage your spool files. Many of my customers use it in conjucntion with my Document processing, OctoTools software, to bring text and report info from the AS/400 to a PC for further processing. Thanks, Larry T. You could just use opsnav & drag the sp...

Include files in access file
Hi, In /etc/aliases it is possible to use include files. Does anyone know if this is possible with the /etc/mail/access file? Using the access file we only accept mail for certain users and reject the rest of the domain. Obviously maintaining a single user list would be preferable across the three MX servers we run. If I could break the access file into single include files for each domain then it would make things much more easy to manage. I did write a Perl script which concatenated include files into one access file and then SCP'ed this to other servers but this is not ideal as at...

File name from file description
Hi, I am new to this group. I had just one small question Is it possible to get the file name back from file descriptor. i.e. I have written a function to overload the libc write using LD_PRELOAD my_write(int fd, void *buf, size_t nbytes) In this function is it possible to find the filename from "fd". thanks amit poddar007@gmail.com writes: > Hi, > > I am new to this group. I had just one small question > > Is it possible to get the file name back from file descriptor. No. There is no such thing as "the filename". On some Unixes you can get a fil...

File name from file description
Hi, I am new to this group. I had just one small question Is it possible to get the file name back from file descriptor. i.e. I have written a function to overload the libc write using LD_PRELOAD my_write(int fd, void *buf, size_t nbytes) In this function is it possible to find the filename from "fd". thanks amit On 28 Mar 2006 11:45:02 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "poddar" <poddar007@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am new to this group. I had just one small question > >Is it possible to get the file name back from file descriptor. C doesn't have ...

How do I setup Executable Files for Remote Access via the labview application that created the exe file or web access???
I've become quite confused with all of the details about in the Web Publishing Tool.&nbsp; I've created the executable files and run-time installer&nbsp;on my laptop where the LV 8.2 Developer Suite is installed but the finished 'www' file&nbsp;contains a URL that points to my network server conection on the client side of the firewall.&nbsp;&nbsp;That doesn't&nbsp;make&nbsp;sense for it to be that way in the field.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm going to copy all of the executable files created from my project over to 11 other laptops in a lab 20 miles away, each with it's own static IP address.&nbsp; How will I be able to access them from my laptop at my desk if they have the&nbsp;URL that was copied by LV while my laptop was connected to the network is not accessible from the remote location?&nbsp; Access to that address is forbidden outside of the proxy server. &nbsp; My remote laptops are going to be running three&nbsp;vi files&nbsp;simultaneously from files with different names that I created from a copy of FTM1-Cntl1.vi.&nbsp; The files are&nbsp;named FTM-Cntl1.vi, FTM1-Cntl2_2.vi and FTM1-Cntl3_2.vi.&nbsp; This is an important feature that will make it possible for me to use each instance of the vi simultaneously.&nbsp; But here's where the confusion really increases - how should I be configuring the Tools:Options&nbsp;for each of the vi files before I create executable fil...

Create Files/ Upload Files
Hi Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and then upload some files to that newly created folder? But before we create the file check that an existing file does not already exist and then upload the files to the newly created directory. Thanks Baka On Jun 26, 7:49 am, abhm <bak...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and > then upload some files to that newly created folder? > > But before we create the file check that an existing file does not > already exist and then upload the files to the newly created > directory. > > Thanks > Baka To get started, look at the manual page for the file command. file mkdir, for example, creates a folder. file exists tests for the existence of a file. At 2007-06-26 10:49AM, "abhm" wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and > then upload some files to that newly created folder? > > But before we create the file check that an existing file does not > already exist and then upload the files to the newly created > directory. Here's an example of how to send a file upload *to* a URL: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl/Recipe/109363 To write a CGI script that receives an uploaded file, see: http://tcllib.sourceforge.net/doc/ncgi.html -- Glenn Jackman "You can only be young once. But you can always be imm...

write file + input file + write file
Hi, I want to write some latex command to a file (file1), input the file at the end of the document. These command shall write to another file (file2) and at a second run I use the file2. Whatever I have tried nothing works and I don't known why. The goal is to save a set of special commands and run them at the end of the document, because they use some values which are only available at the end! Can anybody please help me with that? Thanks in advance! I should be something like: \begin{document} \usepackage{style} \input{file2} %file exists from a previous run \end{document} style.sty: \newwrite\fileone \openout\fileone=file1.out \newwrite\filetwo \openout\filetwo=file2.out \newcommand{\writetofiletwo}[1]{% \write\filetwo{#1}% } \newcommand{\writetofileone}[1]{% \write\fileone{\writetofiletwo{some text}}% } \AtEndDocument{\closeout\fileone% \input{file1}% \closeout\filetwo% } Problem solved :-) \immediate\closeout before \input was required. greenux wrote: > Hi, > I want to write some latex command to a file (file1), input the file > at the end of the document. These command shall write to another file > (file2) and at a second run I use the file2. > Whatever I have tried nothing works and I don't known why. The goal is > to save a set of special commands and run them at the end of the > document, because they use some values which are only available at the > end! > Can anybody please help me with that? > Thanks in advance! &...

object files, header files, source files?
I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is linking?, why does a source file need an object file? etc. I have looked in The C programming Language, The C++ Programming Language, Accelerated C++, GNU make etc but they don't describe these basic subject. Any literature that covers these subjects? saneman wrote: > I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is > an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is > linking?, why does a s...

How many ways in Client Access Express to tranfer any file from PC to AS400
Hello friends, How many ways are there in Client Access Express through which we can tranfer ANY file from PC to AS400,through programming? Through this forum i understand one way through emulator's API(or emulator's Host Access library). But i come to know that this option requires an extra license to be purchased and does not include in standard Client Access Express Package. So is there any other way in Client Access Express through which i can transfer my files, from PC to AS400 and vise versa? Your help would be very important for me as i am stuck in it for last couple of days and i badly want it done. Thanks in advance for yr concern and help. kind regards, Umer Client access upload Ftp Copy file to ifs Rikkie "Umer" <umer_ejaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f468322f.0311122254.7cb349fd@posting.google.com... > Hello friends, > How many ways are there in Client Access Express through which we > can tranfer ANY file from PC to AS400,through programming? Through > this forum i understand one way through emulator's API(or emulator's > Host Access library). But i come to know that this option requires an > extra license to be purchased and does not include in standard Client > Access Express Package. > So is there any other way in Client Access Express through which > i can transfer my files, from PC to AS400 and vise versa? > Your help would be very important for me as i am s...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

What is self.file = file for?
Hello! I have trouble understanding something in this code snippet: class TextReader: """Print and number lines in a text file.""" def __init__(self, file): self.file = file . . . When would you do a thing like self.file = file ? I really don't find an answer on this. Please help me understand this. wxPythoner@gmail.com wrote: > Hello! > > I have trouble understanding something in this code snippet: > > class TextReader: > """Print and number lines in a text file.""&q...

How to find New File,Write file and close file?
Hi Anyone can show me how to find New File,Write File and close file in block diagram.The picture of file names are as show in pics. Thanks &nbsp; Nyan Lin File find.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/322096/1/File find.JPG Hi. The functions You're looking for are under "File I/O --&gt; Advanced File Functions" (At least the NEW File) The 2 others are in the "File I/O" menu on the functions palette. Good luck.Message Edited by BCL@Servodan on 05-08-2008 03:38 AM Hi I can't find&nbsp; my files at Advanced file functions that which u say.. I am using LabVIEW PDA Module Version 8.5.So is there any concern with version? &nbsp; Thanks for ur reply Best Regards NyanLin Dear <a href="mailto:BCL@Servo" target="_blank">BCL@Servo</a>, Please give a screenshot. &nbsp; Thanks, Mathan Hi again. My mistake. I was looking in my LabView7. In 8.5.1 the Icons have changed........ I cannot give a screenshot of the 8.5.1, as it is on&nbsp;another PC, but the function is called Open/Create/Replace File, Write text to file and Close file. They are in the "Programming --&gt; File I/O" palette. Sorry for the inconvienience. &nbsp; Here a screenshot in LV8.5 of what <a href="mailto:BCL@Servo" target="_blank">BCL@Servo</a> told. Right click anywhere on block diagram window, click on the Floppy symbol in programming menu named File I/O. there everyt...

File.renameTo(File)
Thanks, I'm running 1.5 version of java and I'm simply attempting to move a file from a source directory to a target directory. It seems the renameTo works fewer times than it does. I print the absolute path to ensure they're correct and they are. Someone mentioned there's a renameTo bug. Is there a workaround? I'm thinking of exec'ing a process and running a dos move. Thank again. Sly On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:38:18 -0400, ":-o" <fcrutch@save-net.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : > >It seems the renameTo works few...

Why not FILE instead of FILE*?
Why is the standard C type for file handles FILE* instead of FILE? AFAIK the type FILE is a pre-defined typedef for some other type anyway. So why not make it instead a typedef for a *pointer* to that type? For one thing, that would stop people trying to poke around at the insides of a FILE. For another, it could allow for cases where the "real" type behind FILE is not a pointer to anything. -- /-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ------------- Finland --------\ \-- http://www.helsinki.fi/~palaste --------------------- rules! --------/ "It sure is cool having money and c...

Random file in a file
I am trying to take a random file from a folder what can I do to get random to find a file but not numbers? On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:24:03 +0000, Baldvin Vigfússon wrote: > I am trying to take a random file from a folder what can I do to get > random to find a file but not numbers? You could get a list of files in the folder, generate a random integer between 1 and the number of files, then use that RN to index the file list. Bruce ...

Unifying files and no files.
Is there an idiom that folds the no-files case into the files-exist case so they can be handled with a single mechanism? $ bash --version GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (i486-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. $ ls $ chmod a-x * chmod: cannot access `*': No such file or directory $ I could do this $ chmod a-x * 2>/dev/null $ but that just hides the error; there are still two cases (the exit status tells the tale). I could do this $ chmod a-x * 2>/dev/null ; : $ but that's more hiding. This works $ files=$(find . -type f) $ [ -z "$files" ] || chmod a-x $files $ and is, I suppose, good documentation, but it's too much machinery. This problem is similar to handling zero-iteration loops in programs, but it's irratating that $ for i in * ; do chmod a-x $i ; done chmod: cannot access `*': No such file or directory $ doesn't work. Anything else? R. Clayton wrote: > Is there an idiom that folds the no-files case into the files-exist case so > they can be handled with a single mechanism? > > $ bash --version > GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (i486-pc-linux-gnu) > Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. > > $ ls > > $ chmod a-x * > chmod: cannot access `*': No such file or directory > > $ > > I could do this > > $ chmod a-x * 2>/dev/null > > $ > ...

creating exe file of a m file
can anybody tell me how can we create exe file of matlab file it's urgent Hi hemant, check the manual for the MATLAB Compiler (if you have). Regards, Stefan hemant_gupta_mnit@rediffmail.com wrote: > > > can anybody tell me how can we create exe file of matlab file it's > urgent > Afraid to say you need to spend lots of money and purchase the Matlab compiler. Once you have that installed follow the online help and examples, else come back here if you are having specific problems, I am sure the guru's will offer some help. Regards Dave Robinson Use the MATLAB Compiler: http://www.mathworks.com/products/compiler <hemant_gupta_mnit@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1117086072.812685.289580@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > can anybody tell me how can we create exe file of matlab file it's > urgent > ...

create RTF file from ASCII file
Hi SAS Users I have recently faced the problem: I had to create RTF file from ASCII file with the following specifications: 1. Landscape orientation 2. Left margin=1.1in 3. Right margin=0.5in 4. Top margin=1in 5. Bottom margin=0.5in 6. Font=SAS Monospace 7. Font size=8 8. Space between lines=exactly 7.6pt 9. Once RTF file is opened in MSWord it should look like MSWord document, but not MSWord table (with columns and rows) It seems like ODS RTF cannot accomplish exactly what I needed. However it is possible if RTF file is build "manually". Here is the code: file...

Cannot create a file when that file already exists
I built a dummy Win32 Smart Device application from the Visual Studio 2005 wizard and upon deploying the application to the real Pocket PC device connected with ActiveSync 4.0, I got the following error message in the output console: "Cannot create a file when that file already exists". I had this error even the first time I deployed the application; thus it is not a problem because of a file I am trying to deploy that already exists. I did the same test on the Pocket PC 2003 emulator and everything works fine. Do you know to which file the error message is referring to? ...

Web resources about - How to create PC File Description File(.FDF) for Client Access file transfer utility? - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Active Format Description - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In television technology, Active Format Description ( AFD ) is a standard set of codes that can be sent in the MPEG video stream or in the baseband ...

‘Impressum’ Added To Facebook Page Descriptions For Some Pages In Italy?
... are being prompted to add an “impressum” — or a legally mandated statement of the ownership and authorship of a document — to their page descriptions. ...

In the recent transition, the Scripting News feed lost its descriptions. Fixed. ;-)
In the latest transition on "Scripting News" a bug appeared that caused my feed to lose its descriptions on new posts. This has now been fixed. ...

META Description - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/archives/016691.html

Game of Thrones Theme on Tin Whistle (Notes in Description) - YouTube
The theme to Game of Thrones as played on a D tin whistle (transcribed from Eb). Enjoy Simple Notation: http://damihce726.blogspot.ie/2015/0 ...

'Jane, 28, athletic but sexy': A Hollywood producer tweets hilariously awful sexist descriptions of female ...
... hot." "JANE stands next to it (30's) dressed in a paramedic's uniform – blonde, fit, smokin' hot." And so reads one of the many opening descriptions ...

Suspect description released after deadly, random stabbing on Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia police have released a description of the man responsible for a random attack that left a 24-year-old man dead early Sunday on Rittenhouse ...

A Great Description of David Bowie
... the departed legend, felt it would take a book to properly contextualize the man, the artist. A few years ago, Morley offered this great description ...

'Work in progress', a description which fits both major parties at the moment
Both political parties are courting disaster, Liberals over the economy, Labor over reputational matters.

A male model has a blunt description of his beauty routine
Felix Gesnouin isn't your typical model. He has an off-the-wall Instagram account , and once told Details the best advice he's ever gotten is, ...