How to print lines and boxes in a spooled document on AS400

I am trying to print pagsegments and overlays in a spool file on
AS400.The spoolfile needs to be formatted and vertical ,horizontal
lines as well as boxes are reuired to be inserted in the splf.The
operating system version I am using is V5R1. I have seen LINE(1.3 2.6
0.2 *VRT *NARROW) and BOX keywords but they are not working in the DDS
on my version.As I can't see these keywords in the help of Printer file
keywords.
I can do the above task by drawing overlays but It would be least
effort consuming if keywords work.
I would appreciate if anybody throws some light on it.

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

raghu wrote:
> I am trying to print pagsegments and overlays in a spool file on
> AS400.The spoolfile needs to be formatted and vertical ,horizontal
> lines as well as boxes are reuired to be inserted in the splf.The
> operating system version I am using is V5R1. I have seen LINE(1.3 2.6
> 0.2 *VRT *NARROW) and BOX keywords but they are not working in the DDS
> on my version.As I can't see these keywords in the help of Printer file
> keywords.
> I can do the above task by drawing overlays but It would be least
> effort consuming if keywords work.
> I would appreciate if anybody throws some light on it.
As far as I know LINE and BOX keywords were available at V2R3M0 and
maybe even before. To succesfully use AFP keywords you must create a
prtf with at least DEVTYPE(*AFPDS)

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda