How to print overlays in a spooled document on AS400

Hi,

I am trying to print an overlayed image in a spool file on AS400. The
way I am doing it is I configured IBM AFP 300 printer driver on my PC.
Then select the output type as overlay in the above printer properties.
After that I created an image(bitmap) on my PC saved it with .oly
extension,then I can see this image in AFP bench viewer.
After that  put this file in a folder created on IFS.
Then I followed the following steps CRTPF,CPYFRMPCD and CRTOVL  to
create an *OVL object on AS400.
I created a printer file and in the DDS  included a record format for
overlay and used the keyword OVL(*LIBL/overlayobjectname 6.3 4.3) and
tried to print this file.
Now in the AFP bench viewer I can see only the header and footer but no
overlay image!!!

If anybody can highlight the missing steps in the above process Please
let me know the correct one.

Did you compile the prtf with  DEVTYPE  *AFPDS  (not *SCS) option??
Steve

"raghu" <raghuonnet@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to print an overlayed image in a spool file on AS400. The
> way I am doing it is I configured IBM AFP 300 printer driver on my PC.
> Then select the output type as overlay in the above printer properties.
> After that I created an image(bitmap) on my PC saved it with .oly
> extension,then I can see this image in AFP bench viewer.
> After that  put this file in a folder created on IFS.
> Then I followed the following steps CRTPF,CPYFRMPCD and CRTOVL  to
> create an *OVL object on AS400.
> I created a printer file and in the DDS  included a record format for
> overlay and used the keyword OVL(*LIBL/overlayobjectname 6.3 4.3) and
> tried to print this file.
> Now in the AFP bench viewer I can see only the header and footer but no
> overlay image!!!
>
> If anybody can highlight the missing steps in the above process Please
> let me know the correct one.

How to print lines and boxes in a spooled document on AS400
I am trying to print pagsegments and overlays in a spool file on AS400.The spoolfile needs to be formatted and vertical ,horizontal lines as well as boxes are reuired to be inserted in the splf.The operating system version I am using is V5R1. I have seen LINE(1.3 2.6 0.2 *VRT *NARROW) and BOX keywords but they are not working in the DDS on my version.As I can't see these keywords in the help of Printer file keywords. I can do the above task by drawing overlays but It would be least effort consuming if keywords work. I would appreciate if anybody throws some light on it. raghu wrote: > I am trying to print pagsegments and overlays in a spool file on > AS400.The spoolfile needs to be formatted and vertical ,horizontal > lines as well as boxes are reuired to be inserted in the splf.The > operating system version I am using is V5R1. I have seen LINE(1.3 2.6 > 0.2 *VRT *NARROW) and BOX keywords but they are not working in the DDS > on my version.As I can't see these keywords in the help of Printer file > keywords. > I can do the above task by drawing overlays but It would be least > effort consuming if keywords work. > I would appreciate if anybody throws some light on it. As far as I know LINE and BOX keywords were available at V2R3M0 and maybe even before. To succesfully use AFP keywords you must create a prtf with at least DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a ...

PDF Document printing from the AS400
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. Take a look at CVTSPLSTMF http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/CoolNew.htm "Thomas Hauber" <thauber@printgrc.com> schreef in bericht news:IGbSc.40853$V96.32907@cyclops.nntpserver.com... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print > on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. > > Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document > printing/serving from the AS400? > > These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in > various colors of ink and on various types of paper. I...

AS400 to AS400 connection

PDF Document printing from the AS400 #2
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically print out in the correct color and on the correct paper. No user intervention required except to select the line item of the order they are working on. Thomas Hauber Senior Programmer/Analyst General Ribbon Corp. You could try using FOP. But you need to look @ java on the iseries and XSLT. This is a low cost solution for what you need, and it is free, just your time. Thomas, have a look at our software "i4Win". It enables you to do this job and close your project within minutes. Regards Andreas Goering http://www.goering.de / www.goering.us (for north America) ============================================================== Thomas Hauber <thauber@printgrc.com> wrote in message news:<nysSc.80693$V96.558@cyclops.nntpserver.com>... > We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our > product is sold in. Our production department wan...

PC Document Printing On AS400 Twinax Printers
I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. Thanks You can try: In Operations Navigator, Open the system, go into Basic Operations, Printers, right click on the printer and create a share for the printer. Now add a network printer as \\TheAS400IpAddress\TheShareName on the PC. Jim "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote in message news:1116338029.678272.180930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the > as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > > Thanks > I did it once to see if it would work. I was able to print a Windows test page, but I didn't try anything else. Use Operations Navigator to share the printer, then add the printer driver on the desired PC. On 17 May 2005 06:53:49 -0700, "BNEAL" <bryan@diversifiedcomputer.com> wrote: >I was wondering if anyone has setup and printed pc documents onto the >as400 printer. If so the setup they use to accomplish this task. > >Thanks ...

IBM AS400

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

AS400 Printing
Hello, I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into the right direction. Thanks, Shannon Go to Knowledge Base. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Search for "tray" or "drawer". Do some experimenting. Default drawer in a spoolfile is "1". In which tray does that end up? Change a spoolfile to Drawer 2, 3 or even 4 to see if it ends up in the other trays. If you find Spoolfile Drawer Values which fits your needs then all you have to do is change the printerfiles with formtype A4 to a specific Drawer and all the other printerfiles to another Drawer. Or you mean you want this function only on this HP 4200? Then we have to think some more... -- Bengt "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:Dd3xc.55036$Np3.2437225@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hello, > > I have an HP Laserjet 4200 printer with 3 trays, configured on my network. > How do I set it up so that any AS400 spool file with formtype A4 > automatically prints from the 3rd tray on the bottom and anything else with > formtype *ALL or *STD prints out of the 2nd tray? > > Maybe someone has experienced the same thing and could head me into th...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

as400 printing
Hi Guys: I just found this newsgroup. I'm an IT Manager at a firm with an AS400, just started the job. I'm not an AS400 guy. We have an AS400 running V5R3 (I believe). Our users connect to a vertical app. one of my users is using the IBM Client Access software to print a report to a local printer. the report is supposedly defined on the AS400 as a landscape report. However, when she prints it out to her local printer, the orientation is portrait. When the report is printed to a different printer, it comes out landscape. I've no idea where to begin on this. Can someone help me figure out how to make it print out landscape on her local printer? I went into her printer properties and set the printer default to landscape with no luck getting the report to print landscape. so there must be something that is injecting the printer control codes to tell the device to print portrait. i'm not sure if it's these PDT files i've heard about, or whether it's the print device setup in the AS400 itself. The end user says that a previous IT person used to be able to make a change at the client side to have it come out landscape. i'm not sure how. Help! Somebody please give me a clue! (yes, I don't have one!) :) You would need to check to see how the spooled file attributes are set on the i5/OS (AS400) side. The way to do this is to use WRKSPLFA (option 8 from WRKOUTQ, WRKSPLF or WRKJOB OPTION(*SPLF)) and scroll down through the attributes....

print pdf from as400
Hi I know this topic came up before but no clear answer has been provided yet. I am looking for something that can print out my pdf files created from a j2ee application directly on the as/400 printers. isn't it possible to use something like lpr <<name of pdf file>> ? thomas Hi Thomas, Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should find exactly what you need at thier site. Thanks, Larry T. Hi Larry I have checked the website but it requires the intervention of a windows pc. Do you have any alternatives? T "Larry T." <larry-nospamx@jbmsystems.com> wrote in message news:Fo3qc.49016$L8.35483@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > Hi Thomas, > > Please check out http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com (software from Brooks). > Most of my AS/400 users of OctoTools software, used for PDF creation, forms > design and document management, utilize Brook's RPM software . You should > find exactly what you need at thier site. > > Thanks, > > Larry T. HI, Sorry, all these solutions run on a windows pc or server. Most of our clients either have a windows pc or server or can get one pretty inexpensively. They usually like to run this type of utility and application on a machine that doesn't use their AS/400 resources (leave that for the ...

AS400 Printing queries
Hi, I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a way I can do this? Thanks in advance!! Shannon Set the number of columns to 80 in the "Select output type and output form" option, second screen Form size - Width. - Bob Comer "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > Shannon > > > > > > I forgot to mention that it only prints landscape on laser printers. It prints as it should on our wide impact printer. Shannon "Shannon" <stilley@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:NLfPb.68613$IF6.1663775@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > Hi, > > I am having trouble trying to figure out why when I print query spool files, > they only print landscape not portrait. There isn't anywhere in the query > definition that allows me to print landscape or portrait. Do you know of a > way I can do this? > > Thanks in advance!! > > ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

AS400 Printing Issue
I have setup a remote queue pointed at a Netgear PS101 which is connected to an Comapq LG15 Lineprinter. The printer prints as expected with a few quirks. At the very top of the page a string appears OUOp10 00h012v0s0b003T0B@30008C005C0p17.... and at the beginning of EVERY line +00216H. The LG printer can emulate several other printers, including the EPSON FX and the IBM Proprinter XL III I'm sure that it's a problem with emulation, but I cannot seem to get this working properly. The queue settings follow. Just looking for a push in the correct direction. Thanks. ~k --- chgoutq Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > P1REPLACE Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . > QUSRSYS Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Maximum spooled file size: Number of pages . . . . . . . *NONE Number, *SAME, *NONE Starting time . . . . . . . . Time Ending time . . . . . . . . . Time Order of files on queue . . . . *FIFO *SAME, *JOBNBR, *FIFO Remote system . . . . . . . . . *INTNETADR Character value, *SAME... Remote printer queue . . . . . . 'P1' Character value, *SAME... Writers to autostart . . . . . . 1 1-10, *SAME, *NONE Queue for writer messages . . . QSYSOPR Name, *SAME Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Connection type . . . . . . . . *IP *SAME, *SNA, *IP, *IPX... Destination type . . . . . . . . *OTHER *SAME, *OS400, *OS400V2... Host print transform ....

AS400 color print?
We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with HPT or any other product? (AFP product) On Apr 24, 7:09 am, "hmda" <kantat...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have as/400 v5r1 and iSeries v5r3. Is it possible to get color print with > HPT or any other product? (AFP product) I would like to know this also. ...

Documentation tool for AS400, help
Hi ! CabledSoft have developed a documentation tool (DSP400i) for any AS/400 (iSeries). It show the ERP system in many useful ways, when you look for errors, or upgrading the system. This software is developed in Sweden. Is there anyone, who have English (or other big languages) as first language and work with AS/400, and like to write ? Then please visit www.cabledsoft.com , and contact us. Maybe we can do something together in the future. Best Regards //Micke ...

Printing to as400 using cups
Hi all, Has anyone been able to print to an as/400 from linux using cups? If so, what format did you use for the name, location, and device uri? I'm using: name: nameofprinter location: //nameofas400 device: 'windows printer via SAMBA' device uri: smb://Workgroup/nameofas400/nameofprinteronas400 Problem is, this doesn't work and I think my "device uri" is wrong, but don't know what to change it to. Using the old linux box, I added this to my printcap and it worked (still does actually): nameofprinter:\ :sd=/var/spool/lpd/nameofprinter:\ :rm=amoroso3:\ :rp=QUSRSYS/nameofprinter:\ :lp=/dev/null:\ :sh: -- Julien Mills Amoroso's Baking Company Tel: (215) 471-4740 IS Dept email: julien@amorosobaking.com www.amorosobaking.com I'm not sure why you'd do this - almost everyone use tcp/ip attached printers with as400 now, so why wouldn't you just go directly to the printer itself? julien mills wrote: > Hi all, > > Has anyone been able to print to an as/400 from linux using > cups? > If so, what format did you use for the name, location, > and device uri? > > I'm using: > > name: nameofprinter > location: //nameofas400 > device: 'windows printer via SAMBA' > device uri: smb://Workgroup/nameofas400/nameofprinteronas400 &g...

question about printing reports from the as400
I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. Here is the problem: We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC and has a client access session associated with it. THe printer is shared off of one of the user's PCs, she is runing Client Access Express The other two users have windows 98 PCs running client access 95. The report is supposed to print out in landscape mode. it is 142 characters long. My understanding is anything over 96 defaults to landscape? Anyways, just recently the report started printing in portrait and we cannot get it back to printing in landscape mode. I have deleted the printer session and set it back up, and have deleted the client access sessions on the PCs and set them back up but it still doesnt print landscape. Yet there are other reports they send to this printer that DO print landscape. Plus on another PC one of our programmers printed the report we are having this problem with to a networked copier and it DID print in landscape. I am guessing there is a setting somewhere we are not looking at, but dont really know. Any help would be appreciated. gary gary wrote: > I am new to the AS400, always worked with Windows only. > > Here is the problem: > > We have some users that print a particular report from the 400. > The printer they normally print this report to is shared off a Windows XP PC > and has ...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Print 255 Colon on AS400
PARAMETERS on link below (STAMP) http://nuke.risorsesoftware.it/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=jkcP%2bYI4XCU%3d&tabid=82&mid=433 Pagesize 76x255 Lpi 09 OVRFLW 76 PAGRTT 90 FONT 290 Gothic TEXT Uniformly Spaced 27 Cpi Register on site www.risorsesoftware.it for more tips and programs open source Print on system type : 3812 Physical printer : HP Laserjet 1320tn This tip is valid for more other printers For problems contact me on www.risorsesoftware.it Bye The Cat ...

Printing with AS400 in different subnets
Hi all, I'm not a AS400 specialist, but inherited a system with a company buyout. We have Linux servers and workstations, plus some windows workstations. The AS400 is now installed and working happily in our network. It also prints as it should on a printer (IBM NP17) in the same subnet (10.9.8.0/255.255.255.0). We have a VPN on Linux basis between two office buildings. The other subnet (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0) where some users work in the stores also needs to print out from the AS400 to a printer (also an IBM NP17) in their subnet (office). Logged in with a client session in this other subnet that the AS400 is in (10.9.7.0/255.255.255.0), I can ping the printer from the AS400 with the command " ping '10.9.7.3' ". So the ping goes through the VPN and is returned by the printer to the AS400. When the AS400 prints, it moans that the printer is not switched on. I also added the printer name PRT02 to the host and routing table in the AS400. Why can I ping a printer but it won't print? When I use the same printer defined in the AS400 in its own subnet, it works. Just changing the same printer configuration to the other subnet does not work. We also copied the printer and queue definitions to another printer and queue PRT11 and just changed the IP addresses; to no avail. Why? All other windows systems can print on the printer. Are there some AS5400 peculiarities I should know of? Any ideas welcome. :-) LandSr Should be a plain routing issue. Ping is I...

Web resources about - How to print overlays in a spooled document on AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Los Angeles Historic Preservation Overlay Zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The city of Los Angeles, California has been hailed by historic preservation advocates for its pioneering Historic Preservation Overlay Zone ...

Kanvas: Video, Gifs, Stickers, Text, Draw & Overlays with Chat on the App Store on iTunes
Get Kanvas: Video, Gifs, Stickers, Text, Draw & Overlays with Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Google Map Maker Tutorial - GPS Overlays - YouTube
Map Maker tutorial explaining how to use GPS overlays! Director/Editor: Grant Yaffee Producer/Writer: Nels Mattson Voice Actress: Alison McKay ...

Last vestiges of East West Link gone with acquisition overlay scrapped
The final vestiges of the controversial East West Link have been scrapped.

Facebook continues to ‘borrow’ Snapchat features as it tests swipeable filters, stickers & text overlays ...
... swipeable filters, allowing you to instantly preview the effects the ability to paste Facebook stickers on top of photos the option to overlay ...

GumGum Brings Image-Overlay Ads to Time Inc. Sites
Time Inc. and GumGum, a digital marketing and ad-tech company that claims to have pioneered the concept of overlaying advertisements on images, ...

Xperia Overlay At It Again, Brings Lollipop To Old Sony Phones
If you've hung around this site a while, you may have seen us report on Xperia Overlay before. They specialize in porting newer software from ...

[I Know What You Did Last Tuesday] Blinq Overlays Your Contacts' Social Updates On Top Of Your Messaging ...
Oh my. This is creepy. And cool. Very cool. It has stalker-like potential and unequivocal convenience. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Imagine ...

Kanvas 2.0 Brings Images To Life With Support For Videos, GIFs And Animated Overlays
... uploading a photo from their phone or using one of the backgrounds provided in the app. They would then proceed to add text, stickers, overlays, ...

Google Maps SDK for iOS updated with support for polylines and ground overlays
Google on Thursday issued version 1.1 of its Google Maps SDK for iOS, giving developers access to new mapping tools including ground overlays, ...