How to print overlays in a spooled document on AS400

Hi,

I am trying to print an overlayed image in a spool file on AS400. The
way I am doing it is I configured IBM AFP 300 printer driver on my PC.
Then select the output type as overlay in the above printer properties.
After that I created an image(bitmap) on my PC saved it with .oly
extension,then I can see this image in AFP bench viewer.
After that  put this file in a folder created on IFS.
Then I followed the following steps CRTPF,CPYFRMPCD and CRTOVL  to
create an *OVL object on AS400.
I created a printer file and in the DDS  included a record format for
overlay and used the keyword OVL(*LIBL/overlayobjectname 6.3 4.3) and
tried to print this file.
Now in the AFP bench viewer I can see only the header and footer but no
overlay image!!!

If anybody can highlight the missing steps in the above process Please
let me know the correct one.

comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9219 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Did you compile the prtf with  DEVTYPE  *AFPDS  (not *SCS) option??
Steve