how to transfer a graphic from PC to AS400

If I have a graphic on my PC, a jpg bmp or gif file, how
do I transfer it to the AS400 so that I can use it to
create a simple overlay file?

Is there a resource that can explain this process?  The only
book I have "Advanced Function Printing Utilities for AS400 User's
Guide" is useless.

Thanks.

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

ibm as400 scsi drives in PC ? -newbie question-
i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 server. i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive ( ie. formatting) are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? is it the drive microcode ? am i out of luck on these drives ? drive cage = type 6713 ibm FRU = 59H6611 drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) The low leve format of the drives is different (520 vs. 512 for PCs as I recall) You should be able to find a utility to reformat them. HTH, Charles In article <3fr4h0hqcq8dpeibqkmac7cv9ilm85oupt@4ax.com>, reply@here.org says... > i have aquired 5 ibm scsi drives and cages pulled from a retired AS400 > server. > > i was hoping i could use them in a raid configuration connected to a > generic PC with an adaptec 2940u2w . > > they are all recognized but throw up errors when writing to drive > ( ie. formatting) > > are these compatable with regular PC scsi ? > > is it the drive microcode ? > > am i out of luck on these drives ? > > drive cage = type 6713 > ibm FRU = 59H6611 > drive model number = DGHS-09U date code 01APR99 (all 5 same date) > thank you , i`ll look into that - drives seem to stop responding after adaptec bios format utility is attempted - led activity indicator goes off - no writing noise ibm/hitachi ...

WHAT RECORD SIZE SHOULD BE TO TRANSFER AFP RESOUSE in PC to AS400
Hello, I am transferring AFP resources from PC to AS400 through client Access Data Transfer utility. PC AFP-resource become valid on AS400 only if i give(in client Access utility) record length equilant to smallest power of 2 value that is greater then size of AFP resource(e.g. if AFP resource size is 383 bytes then record length should be 512 bytes that is 2 raise power 9). With this formula of record length when i transfer the AFP overlay resource, the AFP overlay resource is copied as a single record And this copied file through CRTOVL command creates AS400 AFP overlay successfully. This works fine as long as AFP resource size is less then 3KBytes, because maximum record size you can give is 32767 bytes. And if you have 110 KB AFP resource then you have to give record length 131072 bytes (2 raise to power 17). But as 131072 bytes is far greater then 32767 bytes so it doesn't accept it and resultantly i have to give some small record length. In small record length case file does copied but it is not copied as a single record and so CRTOVL command shows an error that file is not valid to create overlay. Please help me out as WHAT RECORD SIZE I SHOULD GIVE TO TRANSFER AFP RESOURCE FROM PC TO AS400, SO THAT THROUGH THAT I CAN TRANSFER AFP RESOURCE OF ANY LENGTH, AS A VALID AFP RESOURCE FILE. I am grateful in advance of yr kind help and concern in this regard. Help i get on this forum has always helped me alot in solving my AS400 problems. So Thank...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Transfering files form AS400 to PC in batch mode. (cwbcfg?)
I am running a series of VBA/VB scripts using excel to convert AS400 spool files to pretty looking PDF stuff when I am not here at work. The Visual Basic Script was written to loggin to the AS400 by using cwbcfg and then calling an intance of Client access file transfer from AS400 to PC. This would run on my PC at night via the task scheduler. I works like this: 1. Windows task scheduler invokes my VB script. 2. VB script launches a .bat file that sets permissions using the CWBCFG command 3. VB script opens presaved file transfer from AS400 to the PC via client access. 4. VB script opens excel 5. Excel has Vb scipt in it to manipulate the data and make it "pretty" 6. Excel prints the file in pdf. 7. VB scipt moves the pdf file to our intranet. 8. program is complete. Now for what ever reason the data file transfer is not happening. I have tried like mad to use different combinations of the cwbcfg command and settings to get this to work only to come up empty handed. Anybody have any idea on how to make this work again? Thanks! Chad use rfrompcb to retrieve the files, not cwbcfg. You could also put an ftp server on the pc (cerberus is free and very good) and have the as400 put the files down onto the pc chad.thomsen@gmail.com wrote: > I am running a series of VBA/VB scripts using excel to convert AS400 > spool files to pretty looking PDF stuff when I am not here at work. > The Visual Basic Script was written to loggin to the AS400 by using &g...

IBM AS400

Problem in: AFP Overlay transfer from PC to AS400, through Client Access.
Hello friends, I have problem in transfering AFP files from "Client Access Data Transfer to AS400 utility". When i copy AFP overlay from this utility it gives error that Record Length is small so padding would be done in file. After padding it copies the file onto AS400. On this copied file when i apply CRTOVL command of OS400 it gives me error: File is not valid for creating OVL. Following are the properties I set in "Client Access Data Transfer to AS400 utility", for transfer of AFP Overlay. Convertion type = No Conversion Create Object = Create new File and Member Record Length = 381 <Size of Overlay in bytes> Authority = ALL I want to know what is wrong, if i am not giving the record length valid then what would i have to give in Record Length option in case of AFP overlay. Or in simple words what would be the property settings in "Client Access Data Transfer to AS400 utility" for transfer of AFP overlay? I would be very grateful for yr urgent help in this regard. kind regards, Umer First we use FTP to upload Overlays to the 400. Also if your on V5RxM0 then I think the record length should be 32,766. Pre V5 I'm not sure what the record length would be. If I took a guess I would say 255 or 256. Hope this helps. Dan umer_ejaz@hotmail.com (Umer) wrote in message news:<f468322f.0312190404.429a6d22@posting.google.com>... > Hello friends, > I have problem ...

Problem regarding: AFP resource transfer from PC to AS400 through Client Access
Hi, What Maximum record length should i give in "Data Transfer to AS400 Utility of Client Access" to transfer AFP resources from PC to AS400? Thanks alot in advance for yr help in this regard. kind regards, Umer. ...

Whats the name of client Access Express's API who transfer files between PC- AS400
Hello friends, Thanks for helping me out in my NetServer problems. Now i have some queries regarding client Access Express's APIs. 1... I want to know the exact name of client Access Express API that does the file transfer from PC to AS400 and vice versa. I want to transfer programmingly AFP resources from PC to AS400 through client Access Express transfer routines. 2... Can Client Access Express Transfer routines also transfer AFP resources as, apprarently from client Access's transfer utility's UI, we can only transfer database files. As before, yr kind suggestions would be very helpful for a person like me who is new in AS400 world. Thanks in advance for yr concern and help. kind regards, Umer Umer, As far as quesion 1, you can use the SendFile/ReceiveFile APIs from CA Express. You can find the documentation for these routines in the Express Toolkit under Emulation/C++. The routines are defined in include file eclxfer.hpp. Don't know about question 2, though. HTH, Jonas Temple umer_ejaz@hotmail.com (Umer) wrote in message news:<f468322f.0310300256.d810dd8@posting.google.com>... > Hello friends, > Thanks for helping me out in my NetServer problems. Now i have > some queries regarding client Access Express's APIs. > 1... I want to know the exact name of client Access Express API that > does the file transfer from PC to AS400 and vice versa. I want to > transfer programmingly AFP resources from PC to AS400 throu...

PC FTP to AS400
My VB .net application used to work now it doesn't, nothing has changed with the application. I FTP long file names (or used to) to our AS400 but since last Wednesday I get this "Specified object name too long, limit is 10 characters: LINE20050219." message. The filename I was sending was LINE20050219_000000.txt so I'm not sure why LINE20050219. is in the error message. The commands being executed are as follows: open xx.xx.x.xxx userid pswd cd /home/celeb STOR line20050219_000000.txt I am (and have been) using an FTP .DLL that has an uploadfile procedure and the only parameter to pass is file name. The .dll issues the raw FTP commands hence the STOR command vs a put. Hopefully someone can shed some light on what may all of a sudden be wrong... thanks in advance for any help Jerry, look in your IFS at the security on your other LINE text files. What happens if you run this manually from the PC, same results?? JerryB wrote: > My VB .net application used to work now it doesn't, nothing has changed > with the application. I FTP long file names (or used to) to our AS400 > but since last Wednesday I get this "Specified object name too long, > limit is 10 characters: LINE20050219." message. > The filename I was sending was LINE20050219_000000.txt so I'm not sure > why LINE20050219. is in the error message. The commands being executed > are as follows: > > open xx.xx.x.xxx > userid > pswd > cd /home/cele...

as400 cannot ping PC
I have a simple network setup: one as400 at v5r1, a w2k PC and a linksys router that connects everyone to the internet. Everything is working, but I cannot ping the pc from the as400. I can client access from the PC to the as400 and the as400 tells me its ip address is 192.168.1.8. Which matches of course with what ipconfig displays on the PC. The as400 is 192.168.1.160. I can ping it from the pc. The as400 can ping the linksys router. Its ip addr is 192.168.1.1. There is no firewall running on the PC, the router or the as400. Why would the as400 not be able to ping the pc? thanks, Steve Richter Check the routing entries on the AS400. Go CFGTCP option 2. Esp note the *DFTROUTE srichter@autocoder.com (Steve Richter) wrote in message news:<7b73919b.0408180537.69b2c608@posting.google.com>... > I have a simple network setup: one as400 at v5r1, a w2k PC and a > linksys router that connects everyone to the internet. > > Everything is working, but I cannot ping the pc from the as400. > > I can client access from the PC to the as400 and the as400 tells me > its ip address is 192.168.1.8. Which matches of course with what > ipconfig displays on the PC. > > The as400 is 192.168.1.160. I can ping it from the pc. > > The as400 can ping the linksys router. Its ip addr is 192.168.1.1. > > There is no firewall running on the PC, the router or the as400. Why > would the as400 not be able to ping the pc? > &...

PC to AS400 Emulator
You can check this company: http://www.bosweb.com/ We use its emulator at work and its quite good. ...

Ftp from as400 to PC
Hello, I have packed value in a file in the AS400 and I need to send my file from as400 to PC and I need to send my file from pc to AS400 with FTP but I have a problem with packed caracteres please could you help Best regards Dave try to use "bin" it is - "Representation type is binary" after you sign on, type bin Gary it's not ok :( "Gary Segal" <segalgary@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1127411171.724353.279550@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > try to use "bin" it is - "Representation type is binary" > > after you sign on, type > bin > > Gary > Dave wrote: > Hello, > > I have packed value in a file in the AS400 and I need to send my file from > as400 to PC > and I need to send my file from pc to AS400 with FTP > but I have a problem with packed caracteres > > please could you help > > Best regards > > Dave Whether you get them to your PC in ASCII or EBCDIC, the PC won't know what to do with the packed fields. You probably should do a CPYTOIMPF on the AS400 side first and produce a comma delimted file with numeric fields 'converted' from packed to 'unpacked'. Scott Hello, just one question : what for do you need your file on PC ? is it to send it via email? to display it ? to copy it in another database on PC ? sometimes i need to transfer files from one system to another, then i use FTP to get a S...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

link table IBM AS400
Hi. Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. I dont't know the exact message). I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. Here an abstract txt BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........] [........] ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1; 936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1; 1890;CD-ROM drive 36X 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1; 1692;HD-SCSI 4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE 7200 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1; 1497;HD-SCSI 9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE [........] Thanks in advance M. "Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buo9eo$k39dq$1@ID-57790.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi. > Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian. > My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows). > > The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase".. > I dont't know the exact message). > I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results. > > If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems. > &...

Transfer files from S36 to AS400
I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the files accessible to client access using EDITNRD. What does EDITNRD do? From this group, I can see that it edits a NRD that tells how to copy files from the S36 side to the AS400 side. But it sounds like it just defines the mapping. And then another command nees to be run to copy the data file using the mapping. Using a COPYDATA command? So it sounds like one step is that I need to use EDITNRD to define two entries: one for each file. But is there another step to say to actually copy the files using the mappings? I should be able to tell what to put in the entries since they already have several entries set up. When I run client access file transfer from a PC, I see that only files defined through NRD are visible. So I see that I can't get access to all S 36 files automatically and must set up NRD to get to them. Thanks for any help. charliestrause@yahoo.com wrote: > I want to get two data files from within an advanced 36 to the AS400 > side so I can access the files using client access from a PC. > > A person has written RPG programs to write data (unpacked) into two > files. That person then told me that I could easily set up to get the > files accessible to client access u...

Transfering AS400 to new domain.
We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. Thanks. I think allot of it will depend upon how your participate on your network. Are people using DNS or host table files to get to you, are you using them for some specific purposes etc. Question_123 wrote: > We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done > this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you > can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote > printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. > > Thanks. We just did this 3 weeks ago. We had no major problems. Heres what we did: 1) Removed old tcp/ip route - added new 2) Removed old tcp/ip interface - added new 3) Modified tcp/ip host table entries ( we have some host table entries) 4) Changed tcp/ip domain information. (We had a minor problem here. After a call to IBM it was determined that our new domain name had to be "NewDomainName.local" instead of "NewDomainName" 5) Change the domain name in for the ISeries NetSvr properties. (This required tcp/ip to be stopped & restarted. JB "Question_123" <I_am_fitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5cedbf9d.0503281639.19c3e927@posting.google.com... > We are planing on movin...

PowerPC extensions for IBM AS400

Data Migration from AS400 to PC
Hi I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating the process of migrating data from AS to PC. Thanks Paulo Portugal On Mar 28, 6:17=A0pm, white hair <PauloTrigoMor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal What kind of database on the PC? For SQL you could use DTS. For Excel I like CVTPFXLS (3rd party shareware). There is also the OS command CPYTOIMPF. FROG does a good job of building CSV files. SQL queries can also be used. Try FTP. This is for flat files (may be indexed) If you don't bother to copy the files first to QS36F and name the member like the file name than you may use the program that I stored at http://www.prym.nl/getme Just enter IP of the AS/400 (could be anywhere) userid and password, the file to get (member name must equal file name) and destination. Than Start Let me know if you are going to use it. Cheers, Ace white hair wrote: > Hi > I have lots of files in AS400 I need to convert to PC. I use the > "manually" process of using client acess. Is there a way of automating > the process of migrating data from AS to PC. > Thanks > Paulo > Portugal "Ace" <no@spam.pls>...

AS400 disk controller in a PC...
Yes you read that right, has anyone tried this before? I have a 2741 disk controller that I've put in a Win98 PC. The system sees it as a SCSI Bus Controller (which it is) but can't find drivers for it. Has anyone tried this before and have see it working? Just being curious. I haven't tried this in a newer OS like XP yet. It may work fine there. BTW, I also have a 2838 network card in a PC and it works find. Windows found it as an AMD 10/100 card. I guess PCI is PCI weather it's PC or AS400. Probably doesn't work the opposite way though, I would imagine OS400 requires a particular chip set or something that prevents us from adding a $40 network card to an AS400. Thoughts...comments... Shane I think I see your problem: 2741 is a "golfball" printer terminal. You probably need to look for a printer driver. ;) Shane Penney wrote: > Yes you read that right, has anyone tried this before? I have a 2741 > disk controller that I've put in a Win98 PC. The system sees it as a > SCSI Bus Controller (which it is) but can't find drivers for it. Has > anyone tried this before and have see it working? Just being curious. > I haven't tried this in a newer OS like XP yet. It may work fine > there. > > BTW, I also have a 2838 network card in a PC and it works find. > Windows found it as an AMD 10/100 card. I guess PCI is PCI weather > it's PC or AS400. Probably doesn't work the opposite ...

CRLF FTP AS400 to PC
Hi, I need to FTP from AS400 PF to PC textfile (.txt). I already success to FTP the file, but at the end of the textfile there is an additional empty line. I need to omit this line. How to do it? Example: My PF in AS400 (lenght 100 Alphanumeric) MT10X Text.......... 000001 {1:F01PDSSIDJ1RST10058091516}{2:I103INDOIDJRXXXXN}{3:{113:0070}}{4: 000002 :20:140058091516 000003 :23B:CRED 000004 :23E:SDVA ...

Web resources about - how to transfer a graphic from PC to AS400 - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Talk:Asynchronous Transfer Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers , computing , and information ...

DeskConnect file transfer app updated with share extension, 3D Touch support, and more
DeskConnect is a file transfer app from the makers of Workflow. It allows you to easily share files between your iPhone, iPad and Mac. DeskConnect ...

Chelsea Transfer News: Axel Witsel, Domingos Quina, Mats Hummels, Latest Rumours - Bleacher Report
Chelsea have been put on high alert after Axel Witsel revealed his desire to leave Zenit St. Petersburg this summer, but the Blues are at risk ...

$500 million money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly laid off staff last year
International money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly cut around 30 staff in London and the US last July. Business Insider was tipped off ...

Here's how the Hyrule Warriors 3DS to Wii U transfer process works
... U edition of the game . It's been out in Japan since January, but now that I have a US copy of the game, I can confirm the details of the transfer ...

Mark Richt Gets It with Transfers-Sadly Most Coaches Do Not.
Are they Students or Employees? I have had numerous posts in this space concerning the ways that college athletes are essentially treated as ...

48% of Israeli Jews Back ‘Expulsion’ or ‘Transfer’ of Arabs, New Pew Survey Says
Nearly half of the Jews surveyed in a landmark Pew survey of Israelis want Arabs ‘expelled or transferred’ from the country. Authors of the groundbreaking ...

Officials say Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans
Officials say Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans

Officials Say Guantanamo Transfers Have Killed Americans
Americans have been killed by prisoners released from the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a senior Defense Department official told ...

‘Law & Order: SVU’: Fin Tutuola Reacts To Olivia Benson’s Transfer, Ice-T Says Situation ‘Rights Itself’ ...
... (Robert John Burke) ended up being investigated by Internal Affairs. Due to Olivia Benson’s personal link to Tucker, she ended up being transferred ...