How to transfer large amount of data from Win/Sybase IQ to AS400 DB2 ?

Hi all,
we have implemented datawarehouse in Sybase IQ.
Nowadays we are preparing data interface (small datamart) for reporting
system implemented in Cobol/AS400 DB2.
We need to (on daily basis) transfer large amount of data (e.g. GBytes)
from Win/Sybase IQ environment to AS400/DB2
I thing, that solutions based on OLE DB / ODBC / JDBC will be useless
form the picture of performance.
What do you thing about possibility of generate CSV files, transfer via
FTP to AS400 and upload to DB2 ? Is it speedy enough? Is it good
choice? Advantages/disadvantages?

Is there another opportunity - I don't want to use third party
tools/middleware ?
Thanx for any advice.

0
psmilnak (1)

Take a look to IBM MTK Migration toolkit. It's free and it works very well.
Try Google with "IBM MTK"
Ciao
Steve

"p@li" <psmilnak@modom.sk> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi all,
> we have implemented datawarehouse in Sybase IQ.
> Nowadays we are preparing data interface (small datamart) for reporting
> system implemented in Cobol/AS400 DB2.
> We need to (on daily basis) transfer large amount of data (e.g. GBytes)
> from Win/Sybase IQ environment to AS400/DB2
> I thing, that solutions based on OLE DB / ODBC / JDBC will be useless
> form the picture of performance.
> What do you thing about possibility of generate CSV files, transfer via
> FTP to AS400 and upload to DB2 ? Is it speedy enough? Is it good
> choice? Advantages/disadvantages?
>
> Is there another opportunity - I don't want to use third party
> tools/middleware ?
> Thanx for any advice.

The DB2 MTK uses the CSV files & FTP approach...

--
Kent Milligan
ISV Enablement - System i

AS400 to AS400 data transfer

AS400 to AS400 data transfer #2
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if possible. We are using 2 model 820's with OS400 V5 R2 Thanks for any help offered Iain ...

AS400 to AS400 connection

transferring large amounts of data
I have several questions. I want to transfer a 1MB file between two machines using TCP sockets. Assume, for some strange reason, that I have all my 1MB stored in a byte array in memory (inefficient, I know) and want to transfer it over the socket. Will that work? Or will the receiver side give me trouble? Is it possible to use PIPEs to connect the File directly to the OutputStream? I know that the most sensible way would be neither of the above, but to probably read chunks at a while and transfer the whole thing in chunks. regards, Andersen The read() call on the receiving side can u...

AS400 Data Transfer into Simplified Chinese
Hi, I am trying to transfer a file with simplified Chinese characters using the AS400 Data Transfer Utility. I am using Win2000 (chinese (PRC) as the locale), V5R3 Service Pack SI17742. I have set the emulator's host code page to 1388 (Simplified Chinese). When I downloaded the file, I saw strange characters. Then, I changed the user profile to CCSID = 935 and successfully download the file to view the simplified chinese characters. However, I then tried to enter Equation and it prompts an error. Is there anyway to work around this problem? Thanks a lot! ...

Re: Transporting large amounts of data to IBM mainframes
On 10/13/05, West Addison <WA_SAS@yahoo.com> wrote: > We need to send clients using IBM mainframes (z/OS) large amounts of > data (e.g., dozens of gigabytes each--primarily EBCDIC text files but > potentially SAS data sets) from our Windows systems. Not having kept > current with the mainframe world, we are uncertain about the best way > of doing this. What media format or formats would you recommend as > being most suitable for this task? In general, this could well depend on the client and the client's system, hardware and preferred software. > What tape formats other than > 3490/3490E (we can write these, but their relatively small capacity > makes them cumbersome to use) are most popularly supported on IBM > mainframes? There's a seriously dated list of mainframe tape systems after my sig. As mentioned, IBM 3592 is now "out there" and I suspect Storagetek has new generation(s) of tapes which may or may-not be IBM-compatible. In addition, it is my understanding that it is possible to utilize DLT and LTO on mainframes, 'tho I have not encountered any. > Can IBM mainframes read tapes containing tar files? > Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! All of the newer tape systems (3490E +) implement data compression in hardware. It *may* be possible to do something with tar files on tape with HFS. I doubt that it is anything like common practice. My experience with packaging media/data for export to ...

AS400 to AS400 connection issues

Re: Transporting large amounts of data to IBM mainframes #2
barry.a.schwarz@BOEING.COM sagely replied: >For SAS data sets, you probably want to use PROC CPORT or PROC EXPORT. > >If you have the bandwidth, FTP could work without the inconvenience of >the intermediate tapes. > >Windows supports numerous free and/or cheap zip programs (I'm partial to >WINZIP) and there is a PKZIP available for the mainframe (but I don't >know the cost). All of these are good points. But let me quote an ancient computer sage: "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon filled with mag tapes." David -- David L. Cassell...

IBM AS400

DB2 AS400 vs DB2 Windows/Linux
Hello, I would like to ask if there are any differences between DB2 in these versions (e.g. support of triggers, Java stored procedures and such). Also, does anyone know from which DB2 AS/400 version is Java officially supported? And where can I find capabilities list of these versions? Thank you chmmr wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to ask if there are any differences between DB2 in these > versions (e.g. support of triggers, Java stored procedures and such). > > Also, does anyone know from which DB2 AS/400 version is Java officially > supported? And where can I find capabilities list of these versions? > > Thank you As you might expect, the differences depend on the versions of DB2 for LUW and DB2 for i5/OS. This web link may help: http://www.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/db2/porting.html In particular see the Common Features Matrix and DB2 Family SQL Reference. -- Karl Hanson Karl Hanson wrote: > chmmr wrote: >> Hello, >> >> I would like to ask if there are any differences between DB2 in these >> versions (e.g. support of triggers, Java stored procedures and such). >> >> Also, does anyone know from which DB2 AS/400 version is Java >> officially supported? And where can I find capabilities list of these >> versions? >> >> Thank you > > As you might expect, the differences depend on the versions of DB2 for > LUW and DB2 for i5/OS. This web link may help: &...

DB2 AS400 Snapshot
This is more a hypothetical question, but anyhow...we have the following problem: There is a possibility that, in the near future, we are to make a DB2 snapshot of a AS/400-based table to a Windows platform. Now, since we have no real AS/400 systems to fiddle with ourselves, we figured one way to do this is via Java stored procedure that would get the data from DB2 on AS/400 and then move them via ODBC to DB2 on Windows. The question is - is that possible? Does the standard ODBC also natively include support for AS/400? Pakna wrote: > This is more a hypothetical question, but anyhow...we have the following > problem: > > There is a possibility that, in the near future, we are to make a DB2 > snapshot of a AS/400-based table to a Windows platform. Now, since we > have no real AS/400 systems to fiddle with ourselves, we figured one way > to do this is via Java stored procedure that would get the data from DB2 > on AS/400 and then move them via ODBC to DB2 on Windows. > > The question is - is that possible? Does the standard ODBC also natively > include support for AS/400? Why not write a web service interface to your DB400 data? Then you could consume it as needed from a .NET client on windows? (I do this all the time). -- Texeme Construct http://www.myspace.com/texeme John Bailo wrote: > Pakna wrote: >> This is more a hypothetical question, but anyhow...we have the >...

Archiving AS400 data
I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we keep the AS400 plugged (unplugged) for the next seven years?....etc. Is the data DB2/UDB? What sort of data tools do you you have on your new platform? You could extract the data to another platform. However, to make any sense out of it would require programming. If your company has been audited on a regular basis, the audit reports should suffice for the seven years. The working papers are used to support the audited financials not live data. Dick J (AZ) Larry wrote: > I have just implemented an ERP in a small manufacturing company and we > no longer have any applications running on our AS400. However we do > need to keep certain information from the AS400 available for seven > years. The key manufacturing application on the AS400 was a modified > BPICS app. My question is... what sort of solutions are available to > archive this data? Can it be transferred to a server and accessed by > a reporting tool? Should we move it to service provider? Should we > keep...

Web data to AS400
Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming and then some. What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? Thanking any suggestions, I do thank all the pros for taking time to post to this group. "Chad White" <chadwhite12@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3a886508-1295-4ca1-bffb-b62576d2f863@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Yes I still call it an AS400. I have someone who as home grown > software and a website hosted by someone else. He wants to be able to > get the web orders into the system automatically and asked me how to > do it. I know there are probably 6 ways to Sunday to get this done, > but I am exploring all options. They have a website programmer, but > no AS400 programmer. The website guy said he knows PHP pretty well > and they are on V5R1. I am fairly good as RPG, RPGLE, CLP programming > and then some. > > What would be an easy way to get this information to the system? > > Thanking any suggestions, > > I do thank all the pros for taking time to ...

From a AS400 with a CCSID to another AS400 with different CCSID
Hi all, I've the following issue: - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) to another AS400 with CCSID 37 I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in the special characters... So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... What do you suggest to do? Many thanks in advance. Fabrizio On 09-Jun-2011 05:47 , Fabrizio wrote: > > I've the following issue: > > - I have to move data from a AS400 with CCSID 65535 (no conversion) > to another AS400 with CCSID 37 > > I'm using DDM files on the second AS400 linked to the first AS400, > but reading DDM files I have the problem that data are different in > the special characters... > > So I changed my job session CCSID to 65535 with CHGJOB; with that I > can see correctly DDM files data, but not the local files... > > What do you suggest to do? > The system CCSID QCCSID is effectively moot in that scenario as far as I can recall. What do matter are the CCSID of the job opening the file and then reading the data, and the CCSID of the columns of the file being opened. When the job is set to a proper CCSID, then whenever the data is also "tagged" properly with a CCSID [e.g. column of a table with a non-hex (non-65535) CCSID], the database will convert the dat...

Win xp -as400
On Win XP when I whant to start terminal or call commands rtopcb and rfrompcb for a first time I must write password. What I have to do to avoid this. Scrive miro 38620944: > On Win XP when I whant to start terminal or call commands rtopcb and > rfrompcb for a first time I must write password. What I have to do to avoid > this. > > run CWBLOGON as autostart via registry or as an autostart folder element -- Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA�ejoAlcoolInside Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v�o � merda Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac' miro wrote: > On Win XP when I whant to start terminal or call commands rtopcb and > rfrompcb for a first time I must write password. What I have to do to avoid > this. rtopcb and rfrompcb have been deprecated. Use rxferpcb instead - it can handle passwords. ...

AS400 and Win Queue
Hi, I created an AS400 OutQ print to generic/Text WinQ but when i print some spool change my special characters. I have AS400 5v3 running on Iseries, language English, and Win2k updated (all SPs) English too. When i print with another OutQ directly to the printer works fine, but when I send it to the WinQueue before go out to the generic/text driver, in pause mode, I watch the spool and it=B4t already change the speacial characters, =F1 ands cuotes =E1 =ED. I change the PrintProcessor, in the Properties Drivers, to RAW, TEXT, and try to change in Selected Fonts to Multilingual 1 (accidental 1250) but it doesn=B4t work good. SOMEBODY CAN HELP PLEASE..? Thanks a lots,=20 Fernando ...

Transfering AS400 to new domain.
We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. Thanks. I think allot of it will depend upon how your participate on your network. Are people using DNS or host table files to get to you, are you using them for some specific purposes etc. Question_123 wrote: > We are planing on moving our 400 to a new domain. Has anyone done > this and experienced any problems. Or you have not done this but you > can think of potential bumps in the road, Ie: IFS, FTP, remote > printing Etc. Any and all comments wil be appreciated. > > Thanks. We just did this 3 weeks ago. We had no major problems. Heres what we did: 1) Removed old tcp/ip route - added new 2) Removed old tcp/ip interface - added new 3) Modified tcp/ip host table entries ( we have some host table entries) 4) Changed tcp/ip domain information. (We had a minor problem here. After a call to IBM it was determined that our new domain name had to be "NewDomainName.local" instead of "NewDomainName" 5) Change the domain name in for the ISeries NetSvr properties. (This required tcp/ip to be stopped & restarted. JB "Question_123" <I_am_fitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5cedbf9d.0503281639.19c3e927@posting.google.com... > We are planing on movin...

Win Win Win Win......
Win Win Win Win...... Win cash Rs.10,000. SMS BLUFF to 57333 (Only For Indian) Free Registration! - Register here Free:- http://offr.biz/HLDDT337130BVGMJPF (....Free Offer is Valid Only For First 250 members who Registered...) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

interpolating large amounts of data
Does anyone have any recommendations&nbsp;regarding a&nbsp;method for&nbsp;interpolating large portions of data.&nbsp; From what I've seen through my testing, is that I'm able to sample a lot of points (incoming messages from a gps device).&nbsp; My problem is when I go to interpolate these sets of data. &nbsp; I've tried capturing a (lat, long, timestamp), then interpolating&nbsp;both lat/long&nbsp;togetherand one at a time.&nbsp; I've also tried storing the readings to different .xls files, reading the data back into LabVIEW&nbsp;and th...

IBM.DATA.DB2.iSeries
Hello, I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone have some hint for me? Thank you for your help Hannes Here is the small code: string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; con=new iDB2Connection(); try { con.ConnectionString=connString; con.Open(); } catch(Exception excpt) { MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); } Check the following redbook: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246440.html?Open Hannes wrote: > Hello, > > I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to > do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open > the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering > the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone > have some hint for me? > > Thank you for your help > Hannes > > Here is the small code: > string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; > con=new iDB2Connection(); > try > { > con.ConnectionString=connString; > con.Open(); > } > catch(Exception excpt) > { > MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); > } > ...

how to transfer a graphic from PC to AS400
If I have a graphic on my PC, a jpg bmp or gif file, how do I transfer it to the AS400 so that I can use it to create a simple overlay file? Is there a resource that can explain this process? The only book I have "Advanced Function Printing Utilities for AS400 User's Guide" is useless. Thanks. ...

browser access to as400 data
how do I secure browser access to as400 data? Should the user be logging onto the website which provides access to data on the as400? No doubt, but what should the user name and password be? If the user logs on with an as400 user name and password, how do you prevent the password from being transmitted thru the web, from the browser to the web server? The web server in this case is a windows xp PC with IIS installed. The usage has, to date, been limited to users behind the firewall. Now there is a need for users in another location to access this internal web server. thanks, If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should be no issues with visible passwords. Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your situation. On Sep 22, 11:28=A0am, "walker.l2" <walker...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: > If you use an HTTPS connection (instead of plain HTTP), there should > be no issues with visible passwords. > > Whether the user authenticates as a Windows user to the webserver, or > as an AS/400 user to the underlying database, or whether Single-Sign- > On should be used (authenticating to Windows and AS/400 with the same > credentials) is difficult to say without more information about your > situa...

as400 data modelling tool
hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? ERwin has some support for AS/400 (ie, System i), but they don't support all the latest features. You might consider Rational Data Architect v7, I believe you can download a free trial from their website. ibcarolek wrote: > hi, we are evaluating data modelling tools. On the iseries, we mostly > have 6 char field names which can go to a max of 10. For our data > modelling tool, we would like to swap between pictures showing the > column names and pictures showing the comment as the column name. > Thus, we want to be able to map comments to be column names for > friendly viewing. Is there a tool that can do this (I know there are > tools that can report column names and comments, but we need the > picture). If none exist, does ERwin work well against the 400? > -- Kent Milligan ISV Enablement - System i kmill@us.eye-bee-m.com (spam trick) GO HAWKEYES!! >>> ibm.com/iseries/db2 (opinions stated are no...

Web resources about - How to transfer large amount of data from Win/Sybase IQ to AS400 DB2 ? - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Charge-transfer complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A charge-transfer complex ( CT complex ) or electron-donor-acceptor complex is an association of two or more molecules , or of different parts ...

DeskConnect file transfer app updated with share extension, 3D Touch support, and more
DeskConnect is a file transfer app from the makers of Workflow. It allows you to easily share files between your iPhone, iPad and Mac. DeskConnect ...

$500 million money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly laid off staff last year
International money transfer startup WorldRemit quietly cut around 30 staff in London and the US last July. Business Insider was tipped off ...

Here's how the Hyrule Warriors 3DS to Wii U transfer process works
... U edition of the game . It's been out in Japan since January, but now that I have a US copy of the game, I can confirm the details of the transfer ...

Mark Richt Gets It with Transfers-Sadly Most Coaches Do Not.
Are they Students or Employees? I have had numerous posts in this space concerning the ways that college athletes are essentially treated as ...

48% of Israeli Jews Back ‘Expulsion’ or ‘Transfer’ of Arabs, New Pew Survey Says
Nearly half of the Jews surveyed in a landmark Pew survey of Israelis want Arabs ‘expelled or transferred’ from the country. Authors of the groundbreaking ...

Officials say Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans
Officials say Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans

Officials Say Guantanamo Transfers Have Killed Americans
Americans have been killed by prisoners released from the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a senior Defense Department official told ...

‘Law & Order: SVU’: Fin Tutuola Reacts To Olivia Benson’s Transfer, Ice-T Says Situation ‘Rights Itself’ ...
... (Robert John Burke) ended up being investigated by Internal Affairs. Due to Olivia Benson’s personal link to Tucker, she ended up being transferred ...

DeskConnect, the App That Makes File Transfers Between iOS and Mac Dead Simple, Gets a Design Refresh ...
Mac/iOS: There’s been no shortage of apps of that seek to make the process of sending files, photos, clipboard contents and whatever else between ...