HTTP server: autostart of instances

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

After IPL the subsystem QHTTPSVR is activated and both of our HTTP
instances are activated. They have autostart *yes, thus so far
everything is ok. Also the admin instance is active.

At some point in our STRUP procedure for whatever reason we need to
shutdown the subsystems QSYSWRK and QHTTPSVR. When it's time to get
these up again we issue a STRTCP.

The subsystem QHTTPSVR gets started, but this time only the admin
instance is active. For whatever reason our two other instances won't
come back up despite the autostart *yes.

The question is: why is this, why are those instances only started
automatically the first time and not the second time ? How can we get
those other two instances back up automatically ? When we start them
manually they don't give any problem. I can't find any message or
joblogs as to why they didn't start.

Any help appreciated.
0
Reply Smits (69) 2/9/2005 4:04:31 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Mark Smits" <Smits@Com-Unit.com> wrote in message
> After IPL the subsystem QHTTPSVR is activated and both of our HTTP
> instances are activated. They have autostart *yes, thus so far
> everything is ok. Also the admin instance is active.
>
> At some point in our STRUP procedure for whatever reason we need to
> shutdown the subsystems QSYSWRK and QHTTPSVR. When it's time to get
> these up again we issue a STRTCP.
>
> The subsystem QHTTPSVR gets started, but this time only the admin
> instance is active. For whatever reason our two other instances won't
> come back up despite the autostart *yes.
>
> The question is: why is this, why are those instances only started
> automatically the first time and not the second time ? How can we get
> those other two instances back up automatically ? When we start them
> manually they don't give any problem. I can't find any message or
> joblogs as to why they didn't start.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Why have them autostart just to end them? I would set it to AUTOSTART(*NO)
and issue this command in the start-up program. STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP)
HTTPSVR(*ALL).

James R. Perkins

0
Reply jr.perkins6280 (5) 2/9/2005 4:44:30 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9042 articles. 12 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Instance is not autostarted after a server reboot...
....even though the command: db2iauto -on <instname> was executed prior to the server reboot. Moreover, there are two instances on the same server, one is autostarted following a reboot and the other one is not. The registry file clearly shows both instances are configured for autostart (or at least that they are configured in the same way): #db2greg -dump | grep "/home/db" I,DB2,9.7.0.2,db2arh,/home/db2arh/sqllib,,1,0,/opt/IBM/db2/V9.7,, I,DB2,9.7.0.2,db2inst1,/home/db2inst1/sqllib,,1,0,/opt/IBM/db2/V9.7,, The problem is recurring (observed on more th...

Log into the to *ADMIN instance of the IBM HTTP server
Could someone tell me how to log into the *ADMIN instance of the IBM HTTP server V6R1? Thank You On Apr 14, 2:41=A0pm, Falco <cwhit...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Could someone tell me how to log into the *ADMIN instance of the IBM > HTTP server V6R1? > > Thank You Make sure you startup the *ADMIN server for HTTP. then point your browser to: https://yoursystem:2001/ On Apr 15, 7:59=A0am, iseriesflorida <iseriesflor...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Apr 14, 2:41=A0pm, Falco <cwhit...@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > Could someone tell me how to log into the *ADMIN ins...

http server causes multiple instances of java.exe
Hi, I installed Oracle 9i Personal and am now running it with jdk1.5.0_01 (I did have an earlier version but uninstalled and reinstalled with the newer version, hoping for a resolution, but no go). The problem I have is when the HTTP Server is running it keeps kicking of multiple instances of java.exe (as seen in the task manager) and drags the system down. As soon as I stop it via Admin Services the java.exe spawning stops, as soon as I start it up again...off it goes. I can watch task manager and it adds another java.exe about every 2-3 seconds. I'm an applications developer ...

Apache HTTP server instance on an i570 running V5R3M0 question
Hello fellow travellers. . . I have a quick question re: HTTP server instance mapping on a new i570. I've created a test instance, and it's hosting fine, with a hard to remember address of http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:82 Question: where is the mapping done to assist users to resolve to the HTTP server via a name, rather than IP address? I have a feeling it's the office comms team that have to do some kind of DNS mapping on a router, rather than the AS/400. All assistance appreciated. Thanks. Regards, Greg Chijoff EDS Sydney Australia greg.chijoff@eds.com writes: > Question: where ...

multitask http server (single-process multi-connection HTTP server)
for several reasons, i'm doing a cooperative multi-tasking HTTP server: git clone git://pyjs.org/git/multitaskhttpd.git there probably exist perfectly good web frameworks that are capable of doing this sort of thing: i feel certain that twisted is one of them. however, the original author of rtmplite decided to rip twisted out and to use multitask.py and i'm one of those strange people that also likes the idea of using 900 lines of awesome elegant code rather than tens of thousands of constantly-moving-target. one of the things that's slightly unfortunate is that i&#...

client instance and server instance
HI, I have a question... I have a bunch of instances... Is there any way to tell which instance is client instance? Your help is very appreciated. Thanks. jane wrote: > HI, > > I have a question... > > I have a bunch of instances... > Is there any way to tell which instance is client instance? db2 get dbm cfg It should tell you what type of instance this is right near the top. HI, Thanks Darin's reply. But I cannot find it.. if you could give me an example, I would ver appreciated. Thanks. Darin McBride wrote: >...

Application Server (Http server)
Hello, i have just installed oracle application server (only the web server) in my computer. i have two links in "Start->All programs->Oracle - webserver" : --- Launch Console --- Oracle Application Server Control the "Launch Console" is working ,its openning my http://hostname:80 but my "Oracle Application Server Control" IS NOT WORKING . why? i have not done any setting? how does it support to work ? My configurations : windows server 2003 oracle 10g 10.2.0.0 Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.1 Thank you noumian wrote: > Hello, i ...

Using an HTTP server as a server for a game
I wanted to start a discussion about the possibility of using a web server (like Apache or thttpd) as a backend server for a massive multiplayer online game. I was curious if anyone has had experience in measuring ping times of using a dedicated server and which web servers provide the best performance. This is to compare writing a custom UDP/TCP network server specifically to handle game requests. I figure that maybe a game could connect to a webserver to post information/get information rather quickly. Also, if there are any books or external references that anyone could recommend on web...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

OSU http server & http headers
We generate PDFs for customer approval/amendment. If customers request amendments, we do them & create new PDFs (same filename). Customers frequently don't see the changes because of cacheing. Can anyone suggest what http headers we should be using to ensure that browsers (especially ie) at least check the file date every time ? And how we should get the OSU HTTP server to send them ? I've got "fileexpire /proofs/*.pdf CDT+00:04:30" in www_root:[system]http_paths.conf, which I thought would do it (expire all PDFs 4.5 mins after creation, forcing a check-back and/or ...

kerberos/http+spnego through http proxy server?
Hello, I was testing Http with Kerberos and checking the feasibility of supporting this through a HTTP Proxy server. From internet draft http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brezak-kerberos-http-00.txt, it is clear that Microsoft implemented SPNEGO over HTTP, and nicely tied that to do full ticket-transmission based Kerberos authentication. One of the missing/confusing pieces is the support from IE for Proxy servers. Typically, http proxy server is deployed on edge, but used for any intranet/internet traffic. My questions: a. Above draft mentions "This mechanism is not used for HT...

kerberos/http+spnego through http proxy server? #3
Hello, I was testing Http with Kerberos and checking the feasibility of supporting this through a HTTP Proxy server. From internet draft http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brezak-kerberos-http-00.txt, it is clear that Microsoft implemented SPNEGO over HTTP, and nicely tied that to do full ticket-transmission based Kerberos authentication. One of the missing/confusing pieces is the support from IE for Proxy servers. Typically, http proxy server is deployed on edge, but used for any intranet/internet traffic. My questions: a. Above draft mentions "This mechanism is not used for HT...

Public-Key Server-to-Server SOAP RPC over HTTP
I'm currently designing and planning and implementing http://TinyURL.Com/NewEco which is a new kind of economic system, not using the dollar or any other official currency as a unit of exchange, but not true barter either, since users won't directly trade their services, but instead will perform labor for my system to earn credits which they can then use to hire others. I'm hoping eventually to have a billion people (everyone with cell-phone or laptop/desktop computer) using my system, at which time this should end poverty worldwide, thus ending the desperation that leads t...

Urgent, 2 instances on same server, instance failover scenario..
Hi, We have a veritas cluster set up and 2 oracle 9i database(on solaris) forming the cluster. Now one of the instances (of database1)has failed over from one node(the usual node,say node1) to another(say node2). Also on the node to which it has failedover(id node2) , there is an instance of another database (database 2)also running. Thus on node 2, We have: 1) its usual instance(of database 2) 2) the failed over instance from node 1 (of database 1). Here is my problem: When i connect to node 2, I am able to connect only to its usual instance (database 2), but not to the instance of data...

kerberos/http+spnego through http proxy server? #2
Hello, I was testing Http with Kerberos and checking the feasibility of supporting this through a HTTP Proxy server. From internet draft http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brezak-kerberos-http-00.txt, it is clear that Microsoft implemented SPNEGO over HTTP, and nicely tied that to do full ticket-transmission based Kerberos authentication. One of the missing/confusing pieces is the support from IE for Proxy servers. Typically, http proxy server is deployed on edge, but used for any intranet/internet traffic. My questions: a. Above draft mentions "This mechanism is not used for HT...

WebSphere Application Server & HTTP Server Question
Is there anyone who could explain step by step what I need to do in order to get the HTTP Server & WebSphere Application Server Express operational and communicating with each other for browser based access via WebFacing thru our intranet. We are not at this time setting up access from the internet, it will be strictly via our intranet wan network. I have gone thru the steps in the IBM instructions and have gotten completely confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! Joe Chapman Chatham Steel Corporation Joe, Take a look at http://www.ignite400.org/html/articles/ART200311020...

A http server
Hi, I'm trying to set up a http server to handle a single POST request. That POST request is to upload a huge file and the server is supposed to handle it with the just POST request. With my python sample code, multiple post requests are working well, but that is not my solution. I need a single POST request handling in the http server side. Does anyone have a good idea for this case or sample code? TIA Back9 <backgoodoo@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > I'm trying to set up a http server to handle a single POST request. > That POST request is to upload a huge fi...

SQL Server could not configure 'Server\Instance' as a Distributor.
I am working on setting up our new SQL Server 2005 servers. One of them will eventually be our Replication Distributor. However when I attempt to set this up within the wizard, I get the following error: ------------------------------ TITLE: New Publication Wizard ------------------------------ SQL Server could not configure 'Server\Instance' as a Distributor. ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Property LoginSecure cannot be changed or read after a connection string has been set. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo) ------------------------------ BUTTONS: OK -...

HTTP server
Hi all, Ive been reading about creating a HTTP server like the one pydoc creates (and studying pydoc source code). What i want to know, is it possible to create server that creates a webpage with hyperlinks that communicate back to the HTTP server, where each link accessed tells the server to execute some arbitrary command on local machine its running on? Cheers placid wrote: > Hi all, > > Ive been reading about creating a HTTP server like the one pydoc > creates (and studying pydoc source code). What i want to know, is it > possible to create server that creates a webpage w...

HTTP Server
If I put the IP address of my server into a browser it Opens the HTTP server Documentation, Configuration page. Is there a way to block this or limit it to only specific users? Do I have to shut the whole server down? This server is not used for this purpose. It is a database server and also has a java/jboss application. I would like to block this entry. I am running AIX 5.1L Thx Robert robert wrote: > If I put the IP address of my server into a browser it Opens the HTTP server > Documentation, Configuration page. > > Is there a way to block this or limit it to only spe...

HTTP server (Intranet)
have an Intranet it displays docs that are located on a Win2k domain share most users that log onto machine have profiles in the Win2k domain have some machines that logon locally only to the machine (they dont have a user profile on domain) trying to use the Intra-net and it references docs in the Win2k domain, it prompts for user/pass i really dont want to move the dir to the IFS, b/c users maintain the docs in that directory...and...and...i dont like giving/making shares on the IFS is there a way to make a directory accessible and use a generic profile to pass for that directory? TIA Sta...

http server
Hello all I have LV 8 I created the installer for the Remote Panel&nbsp; I installed the installer on the PC with the LV and without LV. The HTTP Server on the PC with LV&nbsp;was running, but HTTP Server on the PC without LV wasn't running. Where is my error ? Best regards Iskander &nbsp; Hi Iskander, you need to install the runtime engine. See this link for additional informations <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/704/lang/de" target="_blank">http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/704/lang/de</a>. Mike Hi Mike Thanks for the an...

http server
I copy from a book a simple server with sockets using forking with linux 2.4 I read (not understood all, but must thank very much Mister Tannenbaum) a book about os design and I discover that threads exists for linux too. I read about 2.6 kernels the wonderful kernel 2.6, thanks to an answer here .. My question are : - Are threads much more efficient than process with copy on demand like linux does in server like program? Are threads only a easier way for programmers, or some marketing discovery? - Wonderful Kernel 2.6 documentation says that this kernel has some changes made for tcp/ip and...

Instance autostart
Hello, autostart of a DB2 instance is controlled (since V8, I think) by: -autostart enabled: db2iauto -on <inst.name> -autostart disabled: db2iauto -off <inst.name> But how can I find out the current state for a certain instance, regarding the autostart? Apparently not by db2iauto command. Nor is there an adequate DBM CFG parameter... There is however an "AUTORESTART" parameter in the DB CFG, but that one is to my understanding associated with a particular DB, not the whole instance?!? Thanks, Damir On Jan 23, 3:12=A0pm, "Damir"...