HTTP server: autostart of instances

After IPL the subsystem QHTTPSVR is activated and both of our HTTP
instances are activated. They have autostart *yes, thus so far
everything is ok. Also the admin instance is active.

At some point in our STRUP procedure for whatever reason we need to
shutdown the subsystems QSYSWRK and QHTTPSVR. When it's time to get
these up again we issue a STRTCP.

The subsystem QHTTPSVR gets started, but this time only the admin
instance is active. For whatever reason our two other instances won't
come back up despite the autostart *yes.

The question is: why is this, why are those instances only started
automatically the first time and not the second time ? How can we get
those other two instances back up automatically ? When we start them
manually they don't give any problem. I can't find any message or
joblogs as to why they didn't start.

Any help appreciated.
0
Smits (69)
2/9/2005 4:04:31 PM
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc 9120 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Mark Smits" <Smits@Com-Unit.com> wrote in message
> After IPL the subsystem QHTTPSVR is activated and both of our HTTP
> instances are activated. They have autostart *yes, thus so far
> everything is ok. Also the admin instance is active.
>
> At some point in our STRUP procedure for whatever reason we need to
> shutdown the subsystems QSYSWRK and QHTTPSVR. When it's time to get
> these up again we issue a STRTCP.
>
> The subsystem QHTTPSVR gets started, but this time only the admin
> instance is active. For whatever reason our two other instances won't
> come back up despite the autostart *yes.
>
> The question is: why is this, why are those instances only started
> automatically the first time and not the second time ? How can we get
> those other two instances back up automatically ? When we start them
> manually they don't give any problem. I can't find any message or
> joblogs as to why they didn't start.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Why have them autostart just to end them? I would set it to AUTOSTART(*NO)
and issue this command in the start-up program. STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP)
HTTPSVR(*ALL).

James R. Perkins

Redirecting HTTP and non HTTP connections via ports via Apache
Is there a way to get Apache to reroute HTTP requests to different ports via the url? I setup a web page to listen on a port besides port 80 and 443 because IIS was listening on them, but when the viewer tried to view the site from a web cafe it was blocked. How can the main Apache server be made to transfer the request to a virtual server running on a non standard port? It was IIS I was using but because it was part of an SBS2003 installation I didn't want to replace it with Apache on the main port in case it broke the SBS2003 setup. However I am more interested in the...

listing db2 server
I know the way to listing all sql server in my domain via vb or vba ... but existis a method to have the same via vb or vba to find in my lan or demain all db2 server? In article <1170796897.904953.319640@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, gss.italy@iol.it says... > I know the way to listing all sql server in my domain via vb or > vba ... > but existis a method to have the same via vb or vba to find in my lan > or demain all db2 server? > > Maybe %db2path%\samples\wmi\listsvr.vbs can help you. ...

** server can't find .: SERVFAIL when query "."
Dear Sir, I installed Bind-9.3.2 on RedHat EL4 Server resolves name --> IP: Ok IP ---> name: Ok But ** server can't find .: SERVFAIL when query "." On client I did: #nslookup > server 172.16.134.85 Default server: 172.16.134.85 Address: 172.16.134.85#53 > set type=ns > . Server: 172.16.134.85 Address: 172.16.134.85#53 ** server can't find .: SERVFAIL ^^^^^^^^^^ #dig @172.16.134.85 ; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @172.16.134.85; ...

SQL Server 2005 and Geo Web Services
I've been using SQL Server 2000 and am not familiar with all the new features in 2005 but I understand it has the ability to make web service calls. Is there a way to write a stored procedure that passes street/city/ state data to a web service and returns latitude/longitude by simply using a sproc? Any help is appreciated. lq In SQL Server 2005 you can use HTTP endpoints to expose stored procedures or user defined functions as Web methods. Here are a couple good articles that describe that: http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/3390241 http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/28525 Howeve...

how can i simulate my pc as http server by writing java code to send the http response by socketstream to some pc in the internet?!
my response as follows... *************************************************** HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1999 14:39:30 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) Cache-Control: max-age=3600, must-revalidate Expires: Fri, 30 Oct 1999 15:40:00 GMT Last-Modified: Mon, 29 Jun 1999 10:29:15 GMT Etag: "3e86-410-3596fbbc" Content-Length: 1040 Content-Type: text/html HTML Document **************************************************** how can i simulate my pc as http server by writing java code to send the http response by socketstream to some pc in the internet?! thanx On 19 Aug 2004 22:00...

Http://www.edlite.hk---Only 11mm LED slim light box in China!
Guangzhou Edlite Company Limited, one of Comprehensive Hi-tech slim light box manufacturers, is specialized in developing, manufacturing and marketing of LED slim light box, CCFL slim light box, EEFL slim light box, Fluorescent (T4/T5) slim light box. Our products are widely used in Banks, Securities, Traffic System (highway, airport, railway and subway etc), Hospital, and Stadium etc...... More detail,please enter our website. ...

US-TX-Austin: Internet Developer, ASP/COM, SQL Server, HTML, JavaScript, Visual (45294852402)
US-TX-Austin: Internet Developer, ASP/COM, SQL Server, HTML, JavaScript, Visual (45294852402) ============================================================================================= Position: Internet Developer Reference: SMC01333 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: ASP/COM Programming Microsoft SQL Server Web front-end/HTML/Javascript OO programming experience Visual FoxPro experience Transact SQL Scope: Develop and enhance high-quality web systems for external ...

How to retrieve the HTTP response contents like header, posts, HTML, etc.?
Dear All: I am trying to deal with the HTTP response. I want to retrieve the contents such as header, post, response, HTML, JSON, etc. of the HTTP response. (Please refer screen shot for the same.) Please tell me how to retrieve these contents? Thanks, Amit. Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6245/http_responce.JPG -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Amit Bobade wrote in post #1001502: > Dear All: > > I am trying to deal with the HTTP response. I want to retrieve the > contents such as header, resp.each_header do |name, value| puts "#{name} =&g...

[9fans] Authoritative Name Server
I'm trying to setup an authoritative name server for a domain in Plan 9. Not all of the available ndb(6) directives for this task are documented, so I have some questions: The secondary name servers all run BIND on UNIX, and I need to do zone transfers to them, from Plan 9. Will simple zone transfers (given the -n flag to ndb/dns) suffice, or does the outgoing ndb file somehow need to be reformatted for BIND? If I have subdomains for the domain I'm managing, do those subdomains get their own dom=... blocks? If so, do I need to specify soa=, dnsslave=, ns=, etc. for each subdomain ent...

News you can use about the news at http://www.swrapexpo.org
The expo is over, but the updates never stop! This year's expo received coverage in three local newspapers, including one which is distributed all over the Chicagoland area and sent a reporter & camerawoman to see what we're all about. I've scanned the newspaper clippings, and they can be found on the home page under "SWRAP Expo 2003 In the News". I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's photos and reviews once we all recover. If you post them to the web, please email me with a link to them so I can put that link on the site. Your very tired Expo pro...

[9fans] Problems setting up a cpu/auth/file server
I am having a few problems getting this going. I have a PC that I have just installed Plan 9 on using a CD image I downloaded on May 5th. Since I want to connect to it from my Mac using drawterm, I assume that I need to boot the Plan 9 box as a cpu/auth/file server. Following the instructions on http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/ Configuring_a_Standalone_CPU_Server/index.html is not working too well for me. Here are the steps I have gone through. I have booted the system and logged in as kim. When i created user kim, I added myself to the sys group. term% cd /rc/bin term%...

System.InvalidCastException error when I run my .NET application that calls MATLAB as an automation server
Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 and example from Solution Number: 1-1A6J2 <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-1A6J2.html?solution=1-1A6J2> I try to run example but I have got an error An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in Matlab ActiveX.exe Additional information: QueryInterface for interface MLApp.IMLApp failed. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance. I get exactly the same problem, if you solve the problem let me know please Mikhail Kozlov wrote: > > > Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 and example from Solution Number: > ...

A tool for mirroring HTTP stream
Hello, I'm looking for a tool (for debug purposes) which can "look" in a HTTP stream. I mean : client A is doing a HTTP connection on server B. Is there any tool existing that could be on a Client B to monitor what is doing the client A ? If possible, a graphical tool which would show on the C screen what's happening on the browser of A ? I don't want to use VNC, because my point is to debug what's going on between A and B, and why some "dialog" fails... Thanks in advance. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.misc, in article <...

http://www.dbahub.com
Hello Folks, I have been compiling this new site www.dbahub.com, from a couple of weeks. I am trying to get most of the popular databases under one site, where all DBAs can find relevent information. I encourage to register on to this website and submit documents, scripts, tips etc. and I will make sure the same are published. I am trying to compile a How To section on the website, where DBA can find information on doing DBA stuff with complete steps. Please visit, provide feedback and most important contribute. Thanks Regards Apun <apunhiran@gmail.com> a �crit dans le...

net/http and Windows Authentication
Hello, Does anybody know how to send a request to a url using Windows authentication? Thank you, Brian Takita ...

id expires from a Standalone LN Client / No Server!
Hi, i have installed a Notes Client 7.0.2 as standalone client. No Server, no server.id just a cert.id. I have only my "Users" NAB. When i installed the client i used the full Client/Developer/Admin package. Now my id expires! How do recertify my user.id on a standalone (single) LN Installation? Gerhard Wolf <quisquiliae@gmx.de> wrote: > i have installed a Notes Client 7.0.2 as standalone client. > No Server, no server.id just a cert.id. I have only my "Users" NAB. > When i installed the client i used the full Client/Developer/Admin package. ...

US-TX-San Antonio: SQL Server Database Admin, UNIX scripting, VB, .NET, XML (45287932426)
US-TX-San Antonio: SQL Server Database Admin, UNIX scripting, VB, .NET, XML (45287932426) ========================================================================================= Position: SQL Server Database Admin Reference: SMC01150 Location: San Antonio TX Duration: C-P Skills: 5 + years IT experience, 3 + years Database Administration and Architecture with SQL Server. Unix scripting, data warehouse, data modeling, data standards, development and management, data dictionary maintenance and data admin...

CL-HTTP 70.180 PRE
Since CL-HTTP has been mentioned on c.l.l, here is the announcement from today of the new CL-HTTP 70.180 PRE. If any ILC visitor is interested, I can give a demo on my PowerBook. ------------------------------------------------------------------- To: www-cl@nospam.ai.mit.edu From: "John C. Mallery" <jcma@nospam.ai.mit.edu> Subject: CL-HTTP 70.180 PRE CL-HTTP 70.180 PRE is now available at: <ftp://ftp.ai.mit.edu/pub/users/jcma/cl-http/devo/> The release includes robust LispWorks and Genera implementations as well as working MCL and CMUCL ports. The LispWorks port i...

gmail without http ?
Did any rPi user ever manage to work gmail, without that hatefull web-based interface? So that you can: = fetch several mails, and keep them to edit/reply; = send several mails, from a single on-line session: go, go, go.. without being constantly on-line. I know about the special port for gmail [546 or something]; but can't find info on testing TTL?TSL as stand-alone. One needs to be able to SEPARATELY test the various stages in the "pipe", to reduce the complexity and confusion. Please advise. == TIA. On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 10:46:51 +0000 (UTC), noSpam@gmai...

Sleep on fast server
Just upgraded a RedHat D3 to a newer server and everything is wonderful, but the sleep command times out immediately. 1. Is there a workaround ? 2. Since this is used to wait until 2:00 AM and then do some batch processing and then a filesave, perhaps I could set up a cron job to execute /usr/bin/d3 and log on as a specified user, thus executing my daily batch job. Can this be done ? TIA for any and all comments. What happens when you setup a job to run with the background command? spam@jefdevco.com wrote: > Just upgraded a RedHat D3 to a newer server and everythin...

Any way to find user who did update in SQL SERVER?
Hi there, Is there any way to find the person or user who did update transaction manually in query analyser and not through application in certain time? As i have check thru log file but cannot find anything. Any command or software to check it? Thanks for the help! On Nov 20, 6:45 pm, LaMoRt <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > Is there any way to find the person or user who did update transaction > manually > in query analyser and not through application in certain time? > As i have check thru log file but cannot find anything. > > Any command or softwa...

MQ server problem
I can see the message content sent from front end when display the message in MQ. I don't know why I just can get the blank record when get the message from backend (AS/400). But the program in back end side have not any modification. This problem is appear suddenly after the machine IPL. You guys have any idea about that? Thanks Sam ...

[News] Distributed Web Servers Built with Free Software at All Layers (GNU/Linux/Apache/Hadoop)

simple time server
I want a server that simply tells clients when they ask what time it is, using the local system time. Preferably with NTP. After reading a bunch of Ntpd documentation, I thought the undisciplined local clock driver might be that, but in experiments, it appears to be quite a bit more complex (judging from debug messages, its demanding superuser privilege, and the fact that it put my kernel in the hardware clock updating mode). Ideally, I'd like something simple enough it could even run via Inetd. Is there such a program available for Unix? -- Bryan Henderson ...

Problem
Hi, I am a newbie at all this, but here's what I want to do: We have a very large database sitting on a SQL server that is on a remote computer. I can access it through remote desktop and browse the Enterprise Manager and the DB. What I am trying to do is create a Visual Studio .Net program that accesses the DB. Can I use a data adapter to connect to the DB? the SQL server is on the local C drive of the remote computer so it is not web based. Otherwise I guess I'd have to install VS on the remote computer and create the program there.... but I'm guessing, I really need some advic...