Huge 1988 Mainframe Hard Drive!! (IBM 9332, IBM AS/400) MainFrame Build Project video Part 1 :o)

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I've just put up a video on my YouTube channel ab=
out a 1988 IBM 9332 400GB mainframe hard drive that I've aquired for the pr=
oject I'm just starting to put together my own IBM AS/400 mainframe in the =
livingroom (yes, I'm completely insane).

Please enjoy the video and leave behind any helpful comments.  Also, if any=
body has any technical data on the IBM 9332 or the IBM AS/400 or even any p=
arts they can donate/sell at a reasonable cost, that would be much apprecia=
ted :o)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DfQZrNJKcgOE

Best regards,

Steve.

Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST Hutchinson, Kansas Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors, three keyboards. Louis Ohland wrote: > Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 > monitors, three keyboards. As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays. It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly burned-in one on top) and which was the primary application console (the pretty badly burned-in one on the bottom). The one in the middle that has no visible burn-in probably saw very little use. I don't think that the value of the system will improve very much in another 10 to 20 years like the seller hopes, but everyone is entitled to dream. If anyone was interested in a set of S/36 manuals, this auction looks like a good bet, you might get a complete set and a few spares. A small bid will probably win, then you have the seller ship you all of the manuals via Media Mail, and then the seller could do as he liked with the "heavy metal" (of course, you'd have to make sure that the seller would go along with this scheme in advance). Rick Ekblaw "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:3Sa1h.368$XF5.319@newsfe06.lga... > >http://cgi.eba...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

IBM P\N 90X6806, Model #WD 325 N, IBM TYPE 30, 20 MB Hard Disk Drive
One needed. Or any size that will work with no modifications on my IBM System 50, 8550-021 Plain Jane. Hard drive "must" be ready to go as is and guaranteed to work or I do not want it. The Hard Drive I need must be ST506, MFM, MCA and see other spec's on subject line. Please only reply to this post on the newsgroup only. Jim. jim wrote: > One needed. > > Or any size that will work with no modifications on my IBM System 50, > 8550-021 Plain Jane. > > Hard drive "must" be ready to go as is and guaranteed to work or I do not > want it. > > The Hard Drive I need must be ST506, MFM, MCA and see other spec's on > subject line. > > Please only reply to this post on the newsgroup only. > > Jim. > > > Not sure of anything, but maybe... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3454925916&category=3666 .... doesn't appear to be any guarantee as such... On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:35:49 GMT, "jim" <shindig@newnorth.net> wrote: >One needed. > >Or any size that will work with no modifications on my IBM System 50, >8550-021 Plain Jane. > >Hard drive "must" be ready to go as is and guaranteed to work or I do not >want it. > >The Hard Drive I need must be ST506, MFM, MCA and see other spec's on >subject line. > >Please only reply to this post on the newsgr...

about IBM mainframe format
Hi, I have a file,it include both positive and negative number,In cobol,it's defined as S9(6)V99,it length is 8. I try to use s370fpd3.2,s370fpd4.2 , s370fpd6.2 and even s370fpd6.2 to input,but SAS told me invalid data for that variable.So could anyone tell me the correct format ? Thanks in advance Sorry,I mean one variable includes both positive and negative number smartie_zhuo@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I have a file,it include both positive and negative number,In > cobol,it's defined as S9(6)V99,it length is 8. > I try to use s370fpd3.2,s370fpd4.2 , s370fpd6.2 and e...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2
BIN 9.99 12 available $10 shipping >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Can someone forward one to me in France please ? I don't want to do an expensive wire transfer to get one. Thanks Nicolas ...

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these "gifts," they will become dependent on the corporations. If this hypothetical thought turns out to be true, would this spoil the free software notion of open source and make Linux as proprietary as any other commercial OS? In my hypothetical future of Linux and IBM, would we have IBM sponsered distributions of Linux, for instance? Would IBM be next to try to rule the world with their "IBM Linux" just as MS is trying to rule the desktop with Windows? Think about it. IBM has a lot of money to throw around. They could make "IBM Linux" way more popular than Red Hat with that kind of money. Maybe even make it as popular as Windows?? They'll hold the dough while Linux developers try to get in on a piece of the action. ** DISCALIMER ** This post is neither an attack on Linux, an attack on Windows, a Windows endorsement, nor a Linux endorsement. This po...

IBM AS/400 9402-400 #2130 OS/400 5.1 on EBAY # 5749373423
Thank you. ...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be stable, i.e. a URL with "-###" will normally work. However, if that particular machine is down, then a URL with the "-###" may not work. But a URL without "-###" will still work, because the request will then be routed to a different machine. Therefore at best leave out that "-###" when quoting such URLs. Otherwise, if such a URL one day does not work, remember that you can take away the "-###" part and it then should work. This is a general note, not to pick on any individual e-mail contributor ... only this e-mail was a good example. Besides, there are many people within IBM who don't understand the concept behind this and therefore often just do cut&paste of such URLs into documents, presentations, etc. But since this is a technical audience, I thought it may well worth it to (try t...

Wanted: IBM Deskstar 46.1 GB hard drive logic board info
I need a logic board for a Dell OEM IBM Deskstar DTLA-304075, Sept 2000. I found one on ebay that was not Dell, made Aug 2000. From the pictures, the boards look nearly identical (one chip is from a different manufacturer). Here's the question. The Dell says "LBA 88,265,520 SECTORS". The Ebay one says "LBA 90,269,840 SECTORS". Could it still work? Thanks, In news:1ce5a65.0306270811.72ee7fad@posting.google.com, BeeBee <rdhuberman@attbi.com> wrote: > I need a logic board for a Dell OEM IBM Deskstar DTLA-304075, Sept > 2000. I found one on eb...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2 #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem< BIN Sealed in box, includes cables. 13 available. ...

VIRTUALIZATION ENGINE CONSOLE A RUNTIME 1.1 - IBM (3 CDs), WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2
VIRTUALIZATION ENGINE CONSOLE A RUNTIME 1.1 - IBM (3 CDs), WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! 03/Sep/2004 B12 VIRTUALIZATION ENGINE CONSOLE A RUNTIME 1.1 - IBM (3 CDs) B13 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr ...

IBM PS/2 (Type 8535, 8540)/IBM ValuePoint
Applicable to: World-Wide Symptom: The 8535, 8540 or 6384 diskette drive fails to read, write or format. The failures may be intermittent or solid. The diskette drive diagnostics run without error. Problem Isolation Aids: This tip applies to IBM Non-Micro channel systems with EMM386 and a Busmaster adapter installed. This tip does not apply to ValuePoint 6382/S or 6384/D with flash EEPROM level 51A (L6ET51AUS) or higher. Either of the following methods may be utilised to determine if there is a compatibility problem with EMM386* memory manager and the Busmaster option adapter: 1. Removed EMM386 or 2. Remove the Busmaster option adapter. If in doubt as to which adapter is a Busmaster. Remove all option adapters. If the diskette drive failures continue after removing EMM386 or removing the option adapters, this tip does not apply. Note: Other memory manager software which operates similar to EMM386 may also require the Zero_DMA.SYS driver. Fix: If the diskette drive functions correctly after removing any Busmaster adapters or removing EMM386, the customer should install device driver ZERO_DMA.SYS. The device driver should be copied to the root directory, and the following statement should be added as the first line in the CONFIG.SYS file: DEVICE=ZERO_DMA.SYS ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/valuepnt/zero_dma.zip http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/pcpartnerinfo/ctstips/876e.htm ...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

IBM Service Partition (IBM 300)
Hi I'm a new boy to the Service Partition found on IBM's... I'm just trying to fix a friends PC... Basically there is a problem with Windows and I am getting a Kernel32 problem..., which knocks the PC over when it loads and stops dead.... Fine, I can sort the software no problem..., once I can get into it... The problem is that I have never come across this Service Partition before and as such I cannot get into the C: drive... i.e. I cannot break into the Win98 start menu to load the PC in safe mode... ctrl - break doesn't work, I can't boot from a DOS disk ...

IBM R50 vs IBM R40 ?
I looked at the IBM website and dont really see the differences (pros/cons) of the IBM R40's and R50's. Is it just different features,styling, or performance? Thanks, Lou ...

MAINFRAME Training with IBM Certification
MAINFRAME Training with IBM Certification Mainframe industry has shortage of people. Mainframe Education gives you the competitive advantage you'll need to succeed in an exciting, leading-edge career in Enterprise Systems. KASSHKU is proud to announce Mainframe Training Program for individuals, with IBM certification. What are Mainframes? * Mainframes are large servers that can support thousands of applications and I/O devices to simultaneously serve thousands of users. * The popular choice for large scale business computing. * The ultimate server in client/server model of...

MAINFRAME Training with IBM Certification
MAINFRAME Training with IBM Certification Mainframe industry has shortage of people. Mainframe Education gives you the competitive advantage you'll need to succeed in an exciting, leading-edge career in Enterprise Systems. KASSHKU is proud to announce Mainframe Training Program for individuals, with IBM certification. What are Mainframes? * Mainframes are large servers that can support thousands of applications and I/O devices to simultaneously serve thousands of users. * The popular choice for large scale business computing. * The ultimate server in client/server model of computing. Why Mainframes? * Today's largest and most powerful global corporations run their businesses on mainframes. * There is no PC or midrange technology available or upcoming in the near future that can challenge mainframes at what they do best: process millions of transactions and serve terabytes of data with praiseworthy response times.a * At its May 2006 analyst conference in New York, IBM estimated that the number of transactions run on mainframes would double by 2009. * Statistically, an IBM mainframe goes down only once every 50 years or so. Company Profile: Kasshku is a 10 Years Old IT/e-business solutions provider company. Kasshku is engaged in Software Development, Product Development, Outsourcing Services, Consultancy Services, Software Product Distribution, Corporate Training, Resource Contracting, and Placement Services. Kasshku has setup its training centre having training r...

MIT Kerberos on IBM Mainframes
Does anyone use MIT KRB5 (preferably via GSS-API) on IBM mainframes with CICS? What about with Linux? TIA, Rahul Jain ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Rahul, I am started testing the IBM native support from z/OS 1.2 upwards. I did get ftp to work, only RACF didn't want to let me login without a password. Regards Markus <Rahul.Jain@wellsfargo.com> wrote in message news:C4E630F8313DF14C982F9FC7CCCF2A2A2FE413@msgswbmnmsp18.wellsfargo.com... > Does anyone use MIT KRB5 (preferably via GSS-API) on IBM mainframes with > CICS? What about with Linux? > > > > TIA, > > Rahul Jain > > ________________________________________________ > Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu > https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos > Not sure if our model will fit what you mean by "with Linux", but we run a z890 with SuSE and Debian images running under zVM. I have kerberized my SSH and LDAP servers running there, and we will be moving the KDCs (at least the master, and one slave) there in the near future. HTH, -Matt ...

40 years of IBM Mainframes
Click http://news.com.com/2100-1001-5186020.html?tag=nl (...) Last year, the company sold 2,700 mainframes for $4.3 billion in revenue, according to IDC. That was up from 2,300 systems and $4 billion in 2002, despite predictions that mainframe revenue would start declining. Last year, these machines made up about one-third of the industry total of servers priced at more than $500,000, and accounted for about one-third of IBM's server revenue. (...) By the way, I would like to see the values of OpenVMS sales too ! Regards FC -----Original Message----- From: Fabio Cardos...

Web resources about - Huge 1988 Mainframe Hard Drive!! (IBM 9332, IBM AS/400) MainFrame Build Project video Part 1 :o) - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

Mainframe computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) are powerful computers used primarily by corporate and governmental organizations for critical applications, bulk data processing such as census ...

HACKING THE MAINFRAME - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Just kidding. Marcus Hecht, Ecotrust Network Administrator, reroutes telephone lines for our new FoodHub coordinators, Megan and Leora.

The Raised Floor - IBM Mainframe Computer Ops in the 1980s - YouTube
A photo album documenting the roles of, and equipment run by printer operators, console operators, tape librarians and IMS MTOs working with ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Who says the mainframe is dead?
Who says the mainframe is dead?

The IBM mainframe: Golden oldie or modern marvel?
While dissenters continue to challenge the validity of the mainframe, the technology keeps on proving its worth.

The mainframe turns 50 and still wants to run the world
It is usual for 50th birthday parties to be big events and the golden anniversary of the IBM mainframe in New York overnight was no different. ...

Coogans Rejects Cloud for Mainframe - Cloud Computing - Retail Technology
Coogans sticks to the IT it knows, writes Trevor Clarke.

IBM: Insane in the Mainframe …
The mainframe business may be slowly dying off, but it’s nowhere near dead yet. Even as the enterprise market’s affinity for less-expensive ...

How to mine Bitcoin on a 55-year-old IBM 1401 mainframe
Could an IBM mainframe from the 1960s mine Bitcoin? The idea seemed crazy, so I decided to find out. I implemented the Bitcoin hash algorithm ...