IBM 6400 printer

We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with
multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press
Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the
print never restarts printing.

The current print spoolfile with show "WTR" in the outq but never
prints. You can Hold the current spoolfile and the next spoolfile will
start printing.

Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a 6400 printer.

Thanks
0
emcook (224)

On Jun 24, 8:44=A0am, eb <emc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with
> multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press
> Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the
> print never restarts printing.

Is it hard-wired to a twinax workstation controller or is this twin-ax
printer going through another device like a Boscom or a Perle
controller?

Chris
0
halatos (66)
6/25/2009 3:46:33 AM
On Jun 24, 11:46=A0pm, Hal <hala...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 24, 8:44=A0am, eb <emc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with
> > multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press
> > Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the
> > print never restarts printing.
>
> Is it hard-wired to a twinax workstation controller or is this twin-ax
> printer going through another device like a Boscom or a Perle
> controller?
>
> Chris

Its connected to Controller 1, Port 0 of our twinax workstation
controller.

We also have 2 other IBM 6400 daisy chain in the same line and they
work fine. However they have *IPDS.

The 3rd printer that is having the problem does not have *IPDS.
0
emcook (224)
6/25/2009 3:30:33 PM
eb wrote:
> We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with
> multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press
> Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the
> print never restarts printing.
>
> The current print spoolfile with show "WTR" in the outq but never
> prints. You can Hold the current spoolfile and the next spoolfile will
> start printing.
>
> Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a 6400 printer.
>
> Thanks

is it allways the same personne who press start/stop keys . ? experienced ?

does he press only stop / start key ? not annul or restore key ? perhaps
buffer is cleared .

best regards,

FF

I was advised years ago to have only one printer on a twinax line, but
compared with printers like the 4230, the twinax controller in the 6400 can
be very difficult to start.  I have spent hours in the past making sure that
the printer was switched on before the device was varied on and then the
spool entry was released.
Is the QSYSOPR message to restart after the paper ran out being answered?

Best of luck

Peter

"eb" <emcook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Jun 24, 11:46 pm, Hal <hala...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 24, 8:44 am, eb <emc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with
> > multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press
> > Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the
> > print never restarts printing.
>
> Is it hard-wired to a twinax workstation controller or is this twin-ax
> printer going through another device like a Boscom or a Perle
> controller?
>
> Chris

Its connected to Controller 1, Port 0 of our twinax workstation
controller.

We also have 2 other IBM 6400 daisy chain in the same line and they
work fine. However they have *IPDS.

The 3rd printer that is having the problem does not have *IPDS.

0
peter8622 (232)
6/26/2009 6:41:58 AM
On Jun 26, 2:34=A0am, "highvalue.fr" <contactPASDES...@iTIRETcr.fr>
wrote:
> eb wrote:
> > We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with
> > multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press
> > Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the
> > print never restarts printing.
>
> > The current print spoolfile with show "WTR" in the outq but never
> > prints. You can Hold the current spoolfile and the next spoolfile will
> > start printing.
>
> > Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a 6400 printer.
>
> > Thanks
>
> is it allways the same personne who press start/stop keys . ? experienced=
 ?

> does he press only stop / start key ? not annul or restore key ? perhaps
> buffer is cleared .
>
> best regards,
>
> FF

I've been working with IBM printers since 1987, so experience
shouldn't been an issue.

Its not a varyon/varyoff issue. Its not a clear buffer issue.

If I put multiple print jobs on the queue. They start printing. If I
press Stop while the printer is printing, then press Start.
The printer will not resume printing.

I can go to the outq and put a "3" hold beside the job in "WTR" mode
and the next job will start printing.

Once all print jobs are finished. I can press Stop, Form Feed, Form
Feed, Start and everything is fine. When the next print job hits the
outq the printer prints no problem.

I don't know, I just thought I would ask if anyone else has had a
similiar problem.

I think its a printer maintenance issue, but your 3rd party
maintenance people say its not the printer.

I guess I could call IBM and ask if there are any printer control
PTF's.

0
emcook (224)
6/26/2009 2:21:44 PM
Where do the printer's messages go?  When it runs out of paper, there will
be a message which will need to be answered before that spool entry will
continue to print..

On Jun 26, 2:34 am, "highvalue.fr" <contactPASDES...@iTIRETcr.fr>
wrote:
> eb wrote:
> > We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with
> > multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press
> > Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the
> > print never restarts printing.
>
> > The current print spoolfile with show "WTR" in the outq but never
> > prints. You can Hold the current spoolfile and the next spoolfile will
> > start printing.
>
> > Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a 6400 printer.
>
> > Thanks
>
> is it allways the same personne who press start/stop keys . ? experienced
> ?
>
> does he press only stop / start key ? not annul or restore key ? perhaps
> buffer is cleared .
>
> best regards,
>
> FF

I've been working with IBM printers since 1987, so experience
shouldn't been an issue.

Its not a varyon/varyoff issue. Its not a clear buffer issue.

If I put multiple print jobs on the queue. They start printing. If I
press Stop while the printer is printing, then press Start.
The printer will not resume printing.

I can go to the outq and put a "3" hold beside the job in "WTR" mode
and the next job will start printing.

Once all print jobs are finished. I can press Stop, Form Feed, Form
Feed, Start and everything is fine. When the next print job hits the
outq the printer prints no problem.

I don't know, I just thought I would ask if anyone else has had a
similiar problem.

I think its a printer maintenance issue, but your 3rd party
maintenance people say its not the printer.

I guess I could call IBM and ask if there are any printer control
PTF's.

0
peter8622 (232)
6/26/2009 3:48:49 PM
Peter Kinsman wrote:
> Where do the printer's messages go?  When it runs out of paper,
> there will be a message which will need to be answered before
> that spool entry will continue to print..

   For reference only:  The message queue is defined on the
STRPRTWTR invocation used to start the writer.  It appears specific
to the FORMTYPE, but whether an informational, an inquiry, or no
message is sent if the form type changes can also be specified.  The
MSGQ() parameter of the start writer defaults to *DEVD [i.e. use the
message queue associated with the device description], but can name
any *MSGQ.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/cl/strprtwtr.htm

   FWiW: As I recall the OP stated the status of the spool file was
WTR.  So if there was a message to be answered, I believe both the
writer and spooled file would indicate a status of MSGW for which
option 7=Display Message would be active.

Regards, Chuck
0
crpence (662)
6/26/2009 4:18:47 PM
> I was advised years ago to have only one printer on a twinax line, but
> compared with printers like the 4230, the twinax controller in the 6400 c=
an
> be very difficult to start. =A0I have spent hours in the past making sure=
 that
> the printer was switched on before the device was varied on and then the
> spool entry was released.
> Is the QSYSOPR message to restart after the paper ran out being answered?

Wow..this is news to me. At one time I had 3 5262's, a 6252, and an
idea dumb terminal with 2 session active all on the same Twin-ax port.
With the exception of one 5262 with a tempermental A1 card, it all
worked flawlessly. I'd run all 4 printers at once and sign in on both
terminal sessions without a single glitch.

Chris
0
halatos (66)
6/27/2009 5:35:36 AM
A wild thought.
Could this still be the old status of the spool entry - have you pressed F5
to update it when it should display &MSGW?

wrote:
> eb wrote:
> > We have a twinax attached IBM 6400 printer. When you have a outq with
> > multiple "RDY" spoolfiles and the printer is printing. If you press
> > Stop to remove some paper work from the back. When you press Ready the
> > print never restarts printing.
>
> > The current print spoolfile with show "WTR" in the outq but never
> > prints. You can Hold the current spoolfile and the next spoolfile will
> > start printing.
>
> > Has anyone else had a similiar problem with a 6400 printer.
>
> > Thanks
>
> is it allways the same personne who press start/stop keys . ? experienced
> ?
>
> does he press only stop / start key ? not annul or restore key ? perhaps
> buffer is cleared .
>
> best regards,
>
> FF

I've been working with IBM printers since 1987, so experience
shouldn't been an issue.

Its not a varyon/varyoff issue. Its not a clear buffer issue.

If I put multiple print jobs on the queue. They start printing. If I
press Stop while the printer is printing, then press Start.
The printer will not resume printing.

I can go to the outq and put a "3" hold beside the job in "WTR" mode
and the next job will start printing.

Once all print jobs are finished. I can press Stop, Form Feed, Form
Feed, Start and everything is fine. When the next print job hits the
outq the printer prints no problem.

I don't know, I just thought I would ask if anyone else has had a
similiar problem.

I think its a printer maintenance issue, but your 3rd party
maintenance people say its not the printer.

I guess I could call IBM and ask if there are any printer control
PTF's.

0
peter8622 (232)

Replacing IBM 6400 Printer With A Network Laser Printer
We are currently using a IBM 6400 printer for most of our reports. We are thinking about switching are main reports over to print on a laser printer. The question that I have is what would be the best option. Requirements Drawer 1 - 8X11 Drawer 2 = 11X17 Overlay Printing Compatible with AS/400 V5R4 On Aug 6, 10:44=A0am, bneal69 <bnea...@gmail.com> wrote: > We are currently using a IBM 6400 printer for most of our reports. =A0We > are thinking about switching are main reports over to print on a laser > printer. > > The question that I have is what would be the best option. > > Requirements > Drawer 1 - 8X11 > Drawer 2 =3D 11X17 > Overlay Printing > Compatible with AS/400 V5R4 We provide software that will take line printer output and allow you to remap the page and create special forms and map data to print at one shot. It runs on a Windows platform and usage would be transparent when set up properly. Any windows supported laser can be used . It can also do things like MICR checks check it out www.octotools.com regards, Murray Hi, You need to look at the [url=http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss? uid=nas1ba0863cfa6463903862569c10078c903]HP printer list[/url] to ensure that they are compatible with the AS400. Thanks, Neil Thank you very much for the link. Bryan On Aug 11, 8:20=A0am, Newbie_Neil <n...@village-street.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > You need to look at the [url=3Dhttp://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi...

IBM 6400 Printers
Good day, I am new to configuring and setting up printers on the AS400(power7). Can some one help me with the different ways the 6400 printer can be set up? The one i am familiar with it the client access set up(this is where the a connection is made with the printer and the icon is created on the user computer, which allows them to manage the printer and their print jobs.) I would like to know what other ways this printer can be set up so that it can still print from the AS400 by any user. thank you. -- Kadz101 http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/ On Tue, 29 ...

IBM 6400 Printers
Hey All, I have some amazing deals on IBM 6400 printers. If you want to look at the spec's and features goto www.starprint.com and look under IBM => INDUSTRIAL PRINTERS. I can even go lower that the prices on the web. I also have features as well. Email me at ehecht@starprint.com for more *special* pricing and availability. "H bomb 2k" <hbomb2k@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030716100221.06310.00000005@mb-m03.aol.com... > Hey All, > > I have some amazing deals [snip] Please do not spam comp.periphs.printers. Comp.periphs.printers is not a forsale group. - Bob Headrick ...

Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST Hutchinson, Kansas Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors, three keyboards. Louis Ohland wrote: > Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 > monitors, three keyboards. As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays. It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly burned-in one on top) and which was the primary application console (the pretty badly burned-in one on the bottom). The one in the middle that has no visible burn-in probably saw very little use. I don't think that the value of the system will improve very much in another 10 to 20 years like the seller hopes, but everyone is entitled to dream. If anyone was interested in a set of S/36 manuals, this auction looks like a good bet, you might get a complete set and a few spares. A small bid will probably win, then you have the seller ship you all of the manuals via Media Mail, and then the seller could do as he liked with the "heavy metal" (of course, you'd have to make sure that the seller would go along with this scheme in advance). Rick Ekblaw "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:3Sa1h.368$XF5.319@newsfe06.lga... > >http://cgi.eba...

IBM 6400 printer configuration
Hi I will receive a new IBM 6400 printer with following features: 6400-I15 LINE MATRIX PRINTER 6400-5861 Ethernet IPDS (with NIC) for Does anybody have attached this printer with ethernet and could make a RTVCFGSRC for me ?? Greetings Marc "Marc HB9CPW" <hb9cpw@gmx.ch> wrote in message news:42c25311$1_1@news.bluewin.ch... > Hi > > I will receive a new IBM 6400 printer with following features: > 6400-I15 LINE MATRIX PRINTER > 6400-5861 Ethernet IPDS (with NIC) for > > Does anybody have attached this printer with ethernet and could make a > RTVCFGSRC for me ?? > > Greetings CRTDEVPRT DEVD(TEST64) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) + LANATTACH(*IP) PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) + FONT(11 *NONE) FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) + PRTERRMSG(*INQ) MSGQ(*CTLD) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(*SEC15) + LINESPEED(19200) WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) + TRANSFORM(*YES) MFRTYPMDL(*IBM6400) PPRSRC1(*CONT132) + PPRSRC2(*CONT132) ENVELOPE(*NUMBER10) ASCII899(*NO) + IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) RMTLOCNAME('10.11.90.11') + SYSDRVPGM(*IBMSNMPDRV) TEXT('3rd floor test printer - + rick''s printer') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*UNKNOWN)) Note that Tim's config is for a nonIPDS configuration. Since your purchase included an IPDS NIC, I am assuming you have PSF/400 and likely would prefer...

problem with setting the ibm 6400 printer
I have a ibm 6400 printer. Can somebody help me with an idea how can i set up the printer to print from as400. The printer is set as ethernet ascii printer with an ip 10.0.101.253. We have leased line to an as400 platform. As400 is not in our netowrk. I recall a customer a few years back using a leased line and LPR (Remote output queue) to send spooled files to a LAN attached printer. The problem was when someone would shut off the printer at the remote site, the remote writer automatically retries sending (indefinitely). This kept the leased line open, thus the cost of operation was rather high. If you have the latest microcode updated, you should have the ability to use an SNMP printer driver configuration. If you have the PRTERRMSG parameter on the device description set to *YES, you should get an inquiry message for conditions where action is required at the printer. I believe for MOST cases (some conditions the writer logic can automatically detect the problem has been resolved...), the writer would go to MSGW instead of keeping your leased line open when a problem occurs. A third option would be to go IPDS route...but that means an IPDS feature for the printer and PSF/400 (i.e. $$$$). Sonyan wrote: > I have a ibm 6400 printer. Can somebody help me with an idea how can i > set up the printer to print from as400. > The printer is set as ethernet ascii printer with an ip 10.0.101.253. > We have leased line to an as400 platform. As400 is not ...

IBM 6400 PRINTER Parallel to Ethernet
I have a 6400 printer with a parallel port only. I also have several HP 170X print servers. Has anyone used such an external server to LAN attach a 6400 printer to their AS/400? IBM solution is too expensive. Thanks in advance. On 2005-07-27, Drussel <drussel@isr-in.com> wrote: > I have a 6400 printer with a parallel port only. I also have several HP > 170X > print servers. Has anyone used such an external server to LAN attach a 6400 > printer to their AS/400? IBM solution is too expensive. We have a print server attached to a 6400, its not an HP 170X. I can't remember the brand, maybe IBM, it wasn't expensive. (It's just a little thing attached to parallel port.) Anyway, it works fine. The one thing I will say is, it doesn't allow to print a page range, number of copies, etc. It will only print the entire document, one copy, can't cancel the job. I have a feeling that is not the fault of the print server, I think it's the way I have it set up on the as/400. -- Julien Mills Amoroso's Baking Company Tel: (215) 471-4740 IS Dept email: julien@amorosobaking.com www.amorosobaking.com "julien mills" <julien@colorado.amorosobaking.com> wrote in message news:slrndehmki.j8v.julien@colorado.amorosobaking.com... > On 2005-07-27, Drussel <drussel@isr-in.com> wrote: >> I have a 6400 printer with a parallel port on...

Printer IBM 6400 running Ethernet
Hi: Which is the settings to connect a printer IBM 6400 in a OS400 trough Ethernet? I wish the settings for the printer ant the settings for the profile in OS400 Thanks. Jes�s Moreno Spain * Jes=FAs Moreno <jmonteverdenoquierenada@ono.com>: > Which is the settings to connect a printer IBM 6400 in a OS400 trough=20 > Ethernet? Depends. What options does your IBM 6400 have? Does it have the IPDS option? I think not. I Have two IBM 6400 models: 6400-010 and 6400-P10. I have seen the settings and I don't found those option. Thanks. "Lukas Beeler" <lb-lists@projectdream.org> escribi� en el mensaje news:20070123131510.GE9048@yuffie.projectdream.org... * Jes�s Moreno <jmonteverdenoquierenada@ono.com>: > Which is the settings to connect a printer IBM 6400 in a OS400 trough > Ethernet? Depends. What options does your IBM 6400 have? Does it have the IPDS option? Here is a devd from a running 6400 ethernet attached : CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRT6400A) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(*IPDS) MODEL(0) + LANATTACH(*IP) AFP(*YES) PORT(5001) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(011 + *NONE) FORMFEED(*CONT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*CTLD) ACTTMR(170) IMGCFG(*NONE) MAXPNDRQS(6) + PRTCVT(*YES) PRTRQSTMR(*NOMAX) FORMDF(*LIBL/F1C10110) + CHRID(*SYSVAL) RMTLOCNAME('192.168.48.209') + USRDFNOBJ(PITLIB/PRT6400AP *PSFCFG) DEPLOCNAME(*NONE) + PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKN...

IBM 6400 Printer Best Configuration
We have a new IBM 6400 printer connected via tcp/ip. What's the best way to set up the outq / print device on this thing. I have it working, but I don't get any current-page-printing info, and it's nearly impossible to get it to set a page range for printing. I suspect we need the IPDS option on the printer for this stuff to work, but I'm not really sure. Anybody ? Thanks ! DLD Oh I forgot to mention that we DO HAVE psf/400 on the system already. Thanks, > We have a new IBM 6400 printer connected via tcp/ip. > > What's the best way to set up the outq / print device on this thing. I > have it working, but I don't get any current-page-printing info, and it's > nearly impossible to get it to set a page range for printing. > > I suspect we need the IPDS option on the printer for this stuff to work, > but I'm not really sure. > > > Anybody ? > > > Thanks ! > > > DLD This is the config that i use; i believe it is out of the install book that comes with the IPDS Option. This is the device description for the printer: Device description . . . . . . . . : PRINTER1 Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *BASIC Category of device . . . . . . . . : *PRT Device class . . . . . . . . . . . : *LAN Device type . . . . . . . . . . . : *IPDS Device model . . . . . . . . . . . : 0 LAN attachment . . . . . . . . . . : *IP Advanced function printing . . . . : *YES Port numb...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

IBM AS400

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these "gifts," they will become dependent on the corporations. If this hypothetical thought turns out to be true, would this spoil the free software notion of open source and make Linux as proprietary as any other commercial OS? In my hypothetical future of Linux and IBM, would we have IBM sponsered distributions of Linux, for instance? Would IBM be next to try to rule the world with their "IBM Linux" just as MS is trying to rule the desktop with Windows? Think about it. IBM has a lot of money to throw around. They could make "IBM Linux" way more popular than Red Hat with that kind of money. Maybe even make it as popular as Windows?? They'll hold the dough while Linux developers try to get in on a piece of the action. ** DISCALIMER ** This post is neither an attack on Linux, an attack on Windows, a Windows endorsement, nor a Linux endorsement. This po...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be stable, i.e. a URL with "-###" will normally work. However, if that particular machine is down, then a URL with the "-###" may not work. But a URL without "-###" will still work, because the request will then be routed to a different machine. Therefore at best leave out that "-###" when quoting such URLs. Otherwise, if such a URL one day does not work, remember that you can take away the "-###" part and it then should work. This is a general note, not to pick on any individual e-mail contributor ... only this e-mail was a good example. Besides, there are many people within IBM who don't understand the concept behind this and therefore often just do cut&paste of such URLs into documents, presentations, etc. But since this is a technical audience, I thought it may well worth it to (try t...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

IBM Service Partition (IBM 300)
Hi I'm a new boy to the Service Partition found on IBM's... I'm just trying to fix a friends PC... Basically there is a problem with Windows and I am getting a Kernel32 problem..., which knocks the PC over when it loads and stops dead.... Fine, I can sort the software no problem..., once I can get into it... The problem is that I have never come across this Service Partition before and as such I cannot get into the C: drive... i.e. I cannot break into the Win98 start menu to load the PC in safe mode... ctrl - break doesn't work, I can't boot from a DOS disk ...

IBM R50 vs IBM R40 ?
I looked at the IBM website and dont really see the differences (pros/cons) of the IBM R40's and R50's. Is it just different features,styling, or performance? Thanks, Lou ...

Which IBM ??
Hi, I could really use some help. I am about to buy my first (probably only) laptop. I have been reading up on them for months, and decided to go with IBM. After living in the IBM website for about a month I decided on the A31p, 2 drive bays, lots of ports (every once in a while I like to mess around with video capture) and I really like the flexview screen ( a good display is very important to me). It was a real relief to have finally made a decision, then I noticed the R50, also with flexview (I can't afford the R50p). The technology of the R50 seems way ahead of the A31p (pentium M 1.6 processor, 333 mhz memory, USB 2.0, a, b,& g wifi, not to mention the 20 extra gigs of hard drive space and the 4 extra hours of battery life), the big drawback is the video card, ATI 9000 32 meg compared to the ATI 7800 64 meg in the A31p. I'll mostly be using the laptop at home, maybe take a couple trips with it. I do mostly internet and graphics editing with photoshop. Considering my main computer is a PII 350 with quite a few upgrades, I really don't need the latest and greatest. Just the best quality I can afford. Any input would be greatly appreciated, Yvonne If you're looking for the best quality, then go for the A-series. The R-series, while I'm sure it's pretty good, being IBM, is nevertheless IBM's budget range, and won't be made to the same quality as the A series. Actually, the top of the range regarding quality is probably the T-series...

DominoNews: IBM Connect becomes IBM ConnectED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- DominoNews - IBM Collaboration Solutions (Lotus software) news IBM Notes and Domino since 2003 September 10, 2014 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---------------- SPONSORS: Genius Project for Domino: Try it free! Project Management Software for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/geniusproject AttachZIP: Attachment compression, image optimization and archive tool for = IBM Notes Compress attachments to ZIP format and optimize images. Increase disk space= , network bandwidth and performance. Reduce mailbox / DB sizes. Single prod= uct offering. Notes template based installation. http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/attachzip ACL Dominator: ACL management and administration reporting security tool fo= r IBM Notes Report, manage, analyze, audit, export, update all Access Control Lists on = an IBM Domino server. Fix security holes, optimize servers, expand nested g= roups, prepare for message migrations. Report on ACLs, database properties,= mailbox preference properties, user activity, DAOS. http://www.dominonews.com/dnews.nsf/ads/acldominator Print Merge Reporter: Mail merge, printing and reporting tool for IBM Notes Mail merge Excel, contacts, barcodes and Notes app data to email or printer= using Notes, iNotes, web. Generate charts and reports to Word, Excel, and = PDF fo...

Web resources about - IBM 6400 printer - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Amazon’s 11 best deals of the day: 3D printer, Roku Streaming Stick and more
The BGR Deals team has some terrific daily Amazon deals for you today, including one that you've been waiting to pull the trigger on: a 3D printer. ...

Here's how to trick a fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with nothing but a printer and some fancy ...
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...