IBM 6400 Printers

Good day,

I am new to configuring and setting up printers on the AS400(power7).

Can some one help me with the different ways the 6400 printer can be set up?

The one i am familiar with it the client access set up(this is where the a connection is made with the printer and the icon is created on the user computer, which allows them to manage the printer and their print jobs.)

I would like to know what other ways this printer can be set up so that it can still print from the AS400 by any user.

thank you.
--
Kadz101
http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/

0
Kadz101 (2)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:15:10 -0500, Kadz101 <kads231980@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I am new to configuring and setting up printers on the AS400(power7).
>
>Can some one help me with the different ways the 6400 printer can be set up?
>
>The one i am familiar with it the client access set up(this is where the a connection is made with the printer and the icon is created on the user computer, which allows them to manage the printer and their print jobs.)
>
>I would like to know what other ways this printer can be set up so that it can still print from the AS400 by any user.

We have both 6400s and 6500s running native on the IBM i on ethernet
as IPDS printers.  We do not use iAccess printing support for these
printers at all.

--
Ken
Ken