ibm.data.db2.iseries cwbdc.createrequest() failed

Hi.
Im writing an asp.net application which connects to an AS/400 database
through the ibm.data.db2.iseries driver. The problem i face is when i
try executing the executereader or executedataset method,
intermittently i get a null reference exception. The innerexception
says some error in cwbdc.createrequest(). The application continues its
normal execution on resetting IIS or recycling the application pool.

has anyone faced such a problem. Im running the application on IIS 6.0
on Windows server 2003 and with iSeries service pack SI23492. Please
help me out.

Arjun

0
vs.arjun (2)

hey,man,i did not meet such problem.
But maybe u should put your code here, so that we could find out the
real problem.
And u'd better put the error message and detail and inner exception
message here.

vs.arjun@gmail.com =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

> Hi.
> Im writing an asp.net application which connects to an AS/400 database
> through the ibm.data.db2.iseries driver. The problem i face is when i
> try executing the executereader or executedataset method,
> intermittently i get a null reference exception. The innerexception
> says some error in cwbdc.createrequest(). The application continues its
> normal execution on resetting IIS or recycling the application pool.
>
> has anyone faced such a problem. Im running the application on IIS 6.0
> on Windows server 2003 and with iSeries service pack SI23492. Please
> help me out.
>=20
> Arjun

0
wildfish (26)
6/9/2006 8:20:19 AM
Hi Wildfish,
have you used the ibm.data.db2.iseries driver in a web application? It
behaves very erratically. It works for sometime and then randomly
starts throwing errors wieh using Executereader or executedataset
method of enterprise library.

0
vs.arjun (2)
6/12/2006 3:51:44 AM
usually we use the OleDB
:)
It works well.
But i do write a application framework using the iDB2xxxx
U may see the code from http://wildfish.tigris.org
Use the SVN to get the source.
but it do not have any production test.--Because most of our
application is based on
..net 1.1.
So i am not so sure of your exception.

And u'd better have the newest service pack installed,get the newest
IBM.Data.DB2.ISries.dll.
It fixed much bugs.
Or u may send your code or exception message(with detail.)
To this mail wildfish@gmail.com

vs.arjun@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Wildfish,
> have you used the ibm.data.db2.iseries driver in a web application? It
> behaves very erratically. It works for sometime and then randomly
> starts throwing errors wieh using Executereader or executedataset
> method of enterprise library.

0
wildfish (26)

IBM.DATA.DB2.iSeries
Hello, I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone have some hint for me? Thank you for your help Hannes Here is the small code: string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; con=new iDB2Connection(); try { con.ConnectionString=connString; con.Open(); } catch(Exception excpt) { MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); } Check the following redbook: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246440.html?Open Hannes wrote: > Hello, > > I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to > do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open > the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering > the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone > have some hint for me? > > Thank you for your help > Hannes > > Here is the small code: > string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; > con=new iDB2Connection(); > try > { > con.ConnectionString=connString; > con.Open(); > } > catch(Exception excpt) > { > MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); > } > ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries for .NET
I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400. I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases. The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting idle for my profile. My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending on how many people are using the web application. At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after I disconnect from the database? Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to why these jobs are still running. Does any of this make any sense? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Sincerely, Shannon maybe you may want to execute terminate statement once you are done with your processing db2 "terminate" (this one is for LUW... I don't know whats the equivalent for iseries.) This will close the server side process which was entertaining your requests. I don't recall precisely, but a look on num_poolagents might be related, i suggest you refer to the documentation for some info on that if thats the cul...

Confuse about IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries
I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter etc.>. During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the result we get will be filled with blanks. Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to use trim() to delete the blanks. I was wondering that it's possible to use some setting to make the trim() as default.just as I got using OLEDB. Not sure about the iDB2 adapter setting but SQL itself has a TRIM function. Perhaps you can use an SQL view built on top of your table that has TRIM built into it? Or directly in your SQL query? If you run a query with WHERE username='WILDFISH', DB2 automatically handls the extra blanks on the end. The above predicate will find username values of 'WILDFISH','WILDFISH ', & 'WILDFISH '. wildfish wrote: > I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter > etc.>. > During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the > result we get will be filled with blanks. > Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the > "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". > So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to > use trim() to delete the blanks. > I was...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Is IBM killing iSeries? Yes, IBM is the iSeries muderer!!!!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C4263B.65141F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IBM should know, it's just herself is killing iSeries/400. He invest = too much money in Webfacing, HATS, PASE, Web Access and RPG V .... but = how many users are planing to use them??? almost NONE! IBM should focus = on how to imporve the running time performance of Websphere on iSeries, = How let user can build java/web application as easy as SDA. AS/400 won = in 1988 because compare with the Unix, VAX/VMS and DOS, AS/400 is such = easy to be used to create application system. but now, Java on iSeries = is nightmare. Compare with Unix, Linux and Window platfrom. Websphere on = AS/400 has very low performance, It's very difficult to be install, Very = bad SQL/JDBC performance, to build application is as difficult as unix = and other open system, even more. Much expensive than unix, linux and = windows..... so Why user choose iSeries???? almost all my customer = complain as I said above everyday... Honestly If I was ordered to build = a web base application, I'd rather use Linux, but not OS/400! OS/400 can = not give me almost none benefit for Web Application! also AS/400 is not = a very good DB server too. Just wish I could install Linux and AIX on AS/400 box without the OS/400 = primary partition soon. And hope IBM sell the new box as cheaper as = pSeries (RS/6000).=...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm running IBM iSeries Access V5R3 and my server is V5R2. When I don't specify a database, after the connection is open the database property is set to AS400REM. I don't know if this database is a real database specific to my company. ****************************************** Imports IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries Dim cn As New iDB2Connection Try TestConnection.ConnectionString = _ "DataSource=AS400;UserID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Database=AMFLIB" TestConnection.Open() If TestConnection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then MsgBox("Database: " & TestConnection.Database) TestConnection.Close() End If Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) End Try ****************************************** Thanks to all Running higher version of ISERIES Access than the OS is probably not a good idea. Yanik Reid wrote: > When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able ...

Does anyone use IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries(.net provider)?
My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer was not. And my statement is update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; the SqlClient is: update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; the oracleClient is : Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; End wildfish wrote: > My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement > update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer > was not. > And my statement is > update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where > xxx; > It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. > > And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; > the SqlClient is: > update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where > xxx; > > the oracleClient is : > Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx > where xxx; End > You do not need the ; to indicate the SQL continues on to the next line. thanks a lot.I will try it on monday:) ...

You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable.
You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable. I created a simple web service to access data on the AS400 for a VB.NET project. When I try and add a WEB REFERENCE from my application, I get this error. "You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable." Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help. Tim I have looked at the Object browser for vs using .net 1.1.4something & IEnumerable doesnt require a method Add of any sort that I can see. The help for this interface doesnt mention it either. I dont have any classes in a namespace starting IBM so I cant really tell any more about that. So the only idea I have is you have a different version of mscorlib.dll which has this requirement or you are picking up another dll with interface IEnumerable earlier in the references that mscorlib. Jonathan ...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

IBM.Data.DB2.dll on .Net 2.0 framework
I have a .Net application that references the IBM.Data.DB2.dll. The version of this dll I have is from UDB 8.1 FixPak3. In my application I have some code like below: m_Da = new DB2DataAdapter(); m_Da.SelectCommand = new DB2Command(); m_Da.SelectCommand.Connection = connection; m_Da.SelectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.Text; m_Da.SelectCommand.CommandText = "Select * From sourcetb"; m_Da.SelectCommand.UpdatedRowSource = UpdateRowSource.Both; m_Da.SelectCommand.CommandTimeout = 0; m_Tb = new DataTable(); ...

IBM AS400

US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320932403)
US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320932403) ===================================================================================== Position: Web Developer Reference: SMC01675 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y Skills: 5yrs JAVA programming exp. 5yrs web application development exp, preferably with JAVA Server Pages and servlets. 1yr IBM Websphere exp. 6Ms XML exp. 5yrs exp with all phases of application analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance. Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with people of all technical levels. Exp in the use of Rapid Application Development (RAD) techniques to capture user requirements and develop working prototypes of applications systems. Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines. BA degree with at least 14 credit hours of courses in Computer Science. Exp in programming and implementation of application systems. Exp programming using IBM WebSphere Application Developer Studio. Exp with IBM WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server. Exp with IBM DB2. Exp developing Java Servlets, Java JSP, and Java JDBC....

US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320614405)
US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320614405) ===================================================================================== Position: Web Developer Reference: SMC01675 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y Skills: 5yrs JAVA programming exp. 5yrs web application development exp, preferably with JAVA Server Pages and servlets. 1yr IBM Websphere exp. 6Ms XML exp. 5yrs exp with all phases of application analysis, design, development, im...

US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320932403)
US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320932403) ===================================================================================== Position: Web Developer Reference: SMC01675 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y Skills: 5yrs JAVA programming exp. 5yrs web application development exp, preferably with JAVA Server Pages and servlets. 1yr IBM Websphere exp. 6Ms XML exp. 5yrs exp with all phases of application analysis, design, development, im...

US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320632407)
US-TX-Austin: Web Developer, Java, IBM Websphere, XML, RAD, IBM DB2; 1Y (45320632407) ===================================================================================== Position: Web Developer Reference: SMC01675 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y Skills: 5yrs JAVA programming exp. 5yrs web application development exp, preferably with JAVA Server Pages and servlets. 1yr IBM Websphere exp. 6Ms XML exp. 5yrs exp with all phases of application analysis, design, development, im...

Update error using IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries .NET provider
My select statement works like a charm, but I can't get update to work. Here's my code: This works just fine: Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries; Default Collection=MyDB" Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString) Dim ds As New DataSet Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter da.SelectCommand = New iDB2Command("select * from table1", cnn) da.Fill(ds) This does not: Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries; Default Collection=myDB" Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString) Dim ds As New DataSet Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter da.UpdateCommand = New iDB2Command("update table1 set size = '5' where style = 'AB001'", cnn) da.Update(ds, "table1") I get this error message: "Update unable to find TableMapping['table1'] or DataTable 'table1'." Can anybody help or at least point me in the right direction to get help? On Oct 30, 11:41 pm, moondog <dis...@verizon.net> wrote: > My select statement works like a charm, but I can't get update to > work. > > Here's my code: > > This works just fine: > > Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries; > Default Collection=MyDB" > Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString) > Dim ds As New DataSet > Dim d...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these "gifts," they will become dependent on the corporations. If this hypothetical thought turns out to be true, would this spoil the free software notion of open source and make Linux as proprietary as any other commercial OS? In my hypothetical future of Linux and IBM, would we have IBM sponsered distributions of Linux, for instance? Would IBM be next to try to rule the world with their "IBM Linux" just as MS is trying to rule the desktop with Windows? Think about it. IBM has a lot of money to throw around. They could make "IBM Linux" way more popular than Red Hat with that kind of money. Maybe even make it as popular as Windows?? They'll hold the dough while Linux developers try to get in on a piece of the action. ** DISCALIMER ** This post is neither an attack on Linux, an attack on Windows, a Windows endorsement, nor a Linux endorsement. This po...

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

Web resources about - ibm.data.db2.iseries cwbdc.createrequest() failed - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc

AJAX Logfile Tailer & Viewer
Recently I had a need for a simple logfile viewer for use in some stuff we have planned at Freepository. But this log file viewer had a few requirements ...

HTTP Server Push
Introduction Browser-based instant message is a HTTP advance topic. Itis particularly useful to get a team of people or web clients through ...

CASA Lib AS3 Docs
LoadItem Kind of class: public class Package: org.casalib.load Inherits from: Process RemovableEventDispatcher EventDispatcher Known subclasses: ...