IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem

When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my
database AMFLIB.

I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM
iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed
IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3.

When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect
but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old
AMFLIB) I get the following error:

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException
"The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred."

I'm running IBM iSeries Access V5R3 and my server is V5R2.

When I don't specify a database, after the connection is open the
database property is set to AS400REM. I don't know if this database is
a real database specific to my company.

Imports IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries

Dim cn As New iDB2Connection

Try
   TestConnection.ConnectionString = _
   "DataSource=AS400;UserID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Database=AMFLIB"

   TestConnection.Open()
   If TestConnection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then
      MsgBox("Database: " & TestConnection.Database)
      TestConnection.Close()
   End If
Catch ex As Exception
   MsgBox(ex.Message)
End Try

Thanks to all

Running higher version of ISERIES Access than the OS is probably not a
good idea.

Yanik Reid wrote:
> When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my
> database AMFLIB.
>
> I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM
> iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed
> IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3.
>
> When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect
> but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old
> AMFLIB) I get the following error:
>
> IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException
> "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred."
>
> I'm running IBM iSeries Access V5R3 and my server is V5R2.
>
> When I don't specify a database, after the connection is open the
> database property is set to AS400REM. I don't know if this database is
> a real database specific to my company.

> Imports IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries
>
> Dim cn As New iDB2Connection
>
> Try
>    TestConnection.ConnectionString = _
>    "DataSource=AS400;UserID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Database=AMFLIB"
>
>    TestConnection.Open()
>    If TestConnection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then
>       MsgBox("Database: " & TestConnection.Database)
>       TestConnection.Close()
>    End If
> Catch ex As Exception
>    MsgBox(ex.Message)
> End Try
>
> Thanks to all

0
jackk1 (45)
2/13/2005 10:15:13 PM
Hi Yanik,

"Yanik Reid" <cygnusx666@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect
> but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old
> AMFLIB) I get the following error:

You are mixing things up, and please deny the reply you
had about not using V5R3 when using OS V5R2, that's
simply bullshit, they are perfectly compatible.

Indeed you have to remove the Database=AMFLIB.

And the problem that it can't find your database is cause
you are mixing things up. The Database is DB/2, but
every fisycal file (Table) is into a library.

So if you want to connect to a database then the SQL
command should be "SELECT * FROM LIBRARY.DATABASETABLENAAM"
At least i think AMFLIB is your library and not the table, so to
connect you should use AMFLIB.TABLENAME, otherwise
it won't work. You can't simply connect to the library.

Let me know if it works, cause the .net managed driver
is working perfect here, and i helped the dev team of
ibm to track some bugs and those guys fixed them.

Keep us informed.

Best Regards,

Patrick Bielen
Microsoft Certified Professional
Sun Certified Java Programmer

1
bielen1 (33)
2/14/2005 7:32:20 AM
Patrick, I offered a possible solution to the problem which isn't
bullshit, if you think it is that is your opinion and your entitled to
it no different than I the same.

Hi Jack,

<jack.kingsley@wamu.net> schreef in bericht
> Patrick, I offered a possible solution to the problem which isn't
> bullshit, if you think it is that is your opinion and your entitled to
> it no different than I the same.

To start off i didn't said your solution was bullshit, i was
arguing your argument that V5R3 must not be used on
os V5R2.

Please go read the website before arguing thing you don't
know off. V5R3 is completely compatible with V5R2,
and to be even some more specific, only the V5R3 contains
the .net managed driver and so you need that one to even
be able to use the .net managed driver for DB/2 for iSeries.

To use iSeries Acces for windows V5R3 you need
AT  LEAST OS/400 V5R2.

quote from the website...

V5R3 iSeries Access for Windows is generally available!
V5R2 iSeries Access Family customers can acquire V5R3
iSeries Access for Windows and keep their OS/400 at V5R2.

So ahead and tell it's my own opinion.
Anyway, your excuses are accepted !

Best Regards,

Patrick Bielen
Microsoft Certified Professional
Sun Certified Java Programmer

0
bielen1 (33)
2/14/2005 3:55:25 PM
Jack,

Patrick's reply was a tad harsh, but bullshit does indeed cover the idea
that you should not use a version of iSeries Access higher than the OS
version.

iSeries Access v5r3 supports OS/400 v5r3, v5r2, and v5r2 per IBM:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/connections.html

Also on the same page is the fact that iSeries Access v5r2 supports
OS/400 v5r3, v5r2, v5r1, and v4r5.

Such back-level and forward-level compatibility is in fact pretty much
required when you think about it.  How else could you manage an LPAR
system running v5r1, v5r2, and v5r3???

Respectfully,
Charles Wilt

In article <1108392112.992012.312070@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
jack.kingsley@wamu.net says...
> Patrick, I offered a possible solution to the problem which isn't
> bullshit, if you think it is that is your opinion and your entitled to
> it no different than I the same.

0
cwilt1 (190)
2/14/2005 3:57:56 PM
I am not denying anything Patrick, I offered up my suggestion, maybe
you should spend more time worrying about what your replying to.

Thanks, it' working now.

Dim TestConnection As New IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2Connection
Dim TestDataAdapter As New IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataAdapter
Dim TestTable As New DataTable("MyTestTable")

Try
   TestConnection.ConnectionString =

"DataSource=AS400;UserID=XXXX;Password=XXXX;DefaultCollection=AMFLIB"
   TestConnection.Open()
   If TestConnection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then
      TestDataAdapter.SelectCommand = New iDB2Command("SELECT ITNBR
FROM
                                          ITEMASA", TestConnection)
      TestDataAdapter.Fill(TestTable)
      TestConnection.Close()
   End If
Catch ex As Exception
   MsgBox(ex.Message)
End Try

Patrick Bielen wrote:
> Hi Yanik,
>
> "Yanik Reid" <cygnusx666@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can
connect
> > but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old
> > AMFLIB) I get the following error:
>
> You are mixing things up, and please deny the reply you
> had about not using V5R3 when using OS V5R2, that's
> simply bullshit, they are perfectly compatible.
>
> Indeed you have to remove the Database=AMFLIB.
>
> And the problem that it can't find your database is cause
> you are mixing things up. The Database is DB/2, but
> every fisycal file (Table) is into a library.
>
> So if you want to connect to a database then the SQL
> command should be "SELECT * FROM LIBRARY.DATABASETABLENAAM"
> At least i think AMFLIB is your library and not the table, so to
> connect you should use AMFLIB.TABLENAME, otherwise
> it won't work. You can't simply connect to the library.
>
> Let me know if it works, cause the .net managed driver
> is working perfect here, and i helped the dev team of
> ibm to track some bugs and those guys fixed them.
>
> Keep us informed.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Patrick Bielen
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Sun Certified Java Programmer

I guess I was going down the path of who knows what service pack levels
etc.  Thanks!!

I didn't offer a solution, I offered a suggestion, take it or leave it.

>I didn't offer a solution, I offered a suggestion, take it or leave it.

You can settle down.
It's already fixed.

Anyway in the asker's name i thank you
for your suggestion, but nevertheless
he uses iSeries Access V5R2 with
OS/400 V5R2 successfully now.

Best Regards,

Patrick Bielen
Microsoft Certified Professional
Sun Certified Java Programmer

0
bielen1 (33)
2/15/2005 7:15:52 AM

> Thanks, it' working now.
> "DataSource=AS400;UserID=XXXX;Password=XXXX;DefaultCollection=AMFLIB"

Yes, this works too, but keep in mind when you avoid
the DefaultCollection= property, then you have to use
select * from library.table to make it work. In that case
it's not needed to specify the DefaultCollection property.

Best Regards,

Patrick Bielen
MCP / SCJP

0
bielen1 (33)

IBM.DATA.DB2.iSeries
Hello, I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone have some hint for me? Thank you for your help Hannes Here is the small code: string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; con=new iDB2Connection(); try { con.ConnectionString=connString; con.Open(); } catch(Exception excpt) { MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); } ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries for .NET
I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400. I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases. The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting idle for my profile. My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending on how many people are using the web application. At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after I disconnect from the database? Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to why these jobs are still running. Does any of this make any sense? Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Sincerely, Shannon maybe you may want to execute terminate statement once you are done with your processing db2 "terminate" (this one is for LUW... I don't know whats the equivalent for iseries.) This will close the server side process which was entertaining your requests. I don't recall precisely, but a look on num_poolagents might be related, i suggest you refer to the documentation for some info on that if thats the cul...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Does anyone use IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries(.net provider)?
My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer was not. And my statement is update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; the SqlClient is: update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; the oracleClient is : Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; End wildfish wrote: > My question is can this .n...

You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable.
You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable. I created a simple web service to access data on the AS400 for a VB.NET project. When I try and add a WEB REFERENCE from my application, I get this error. "You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable." Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help. Tim I have looked at the Object browser for vs using .net 1.1.4something & IEnumerable doesnt require a method Add of a...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? > > Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? > > Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your > Oracle version back-leveled? > > Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone > used to convert to DB2. > > Thank you. > > Charles I'm no DB2 basher, however, from you post you seem to be insinuating that disk space is the driving force for this conversion. Is this the case? HTH -g Charles Davis wrote: > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? Check your in-box at the email address you use here. I have passed you a contact that I consider as close to non-partisan as I could think of (and more importantly, I don't know what she'll say over a beer). Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutio...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

Non-IBM alternative to "IBM Access Connections" ?
I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic for use on any laptop with Windows XP. Does such an animal exist? -Rob XP should already be able to do this automatically. Go to the Network Connections folder. Select 'Advanced' from the menu bar, 'Advanced Settings'. The 'Adaptors and Bindings tab will show a connections window with the priority for the connections. The higher in the list, the higher the priority. I have my wired connections up top and my wireless connection below. Hopefully this is what you are looking for. Simon "Rob" <xxy@xxz.com> wrote in message news:jrvjv1h9246e9igb1rukdb30pll8fmec50@4ax.com... > I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) > that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless > connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I > know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it > for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic > for use on any laptop with Windows XP. > > Does such an animal exist? > > -Rob > I'm not sure if that stops your wir...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

Iseries/AS400 access to external databases
We have most of our data on Iseries and have that data accessible to external clients via ODBC, service programs, etc. However in some cases we have external data that is being used and maintained either in Microsoft Access Databases, MS-SQL servers, (I guess Oracle and MySQL might be other sources but not in our case). Is there any way to set up the Iseries so that it can treat that (external windows database) data as though it were local, in the same way that an external client can treat the AS400/Iseries data as though it were local. I have not seen the description or setup information f...

DBI:ibm_db connection for IBM DB2 database
Hello, I am attempting to make a DBI connection from Ruby code running on Win32 (XP) machine to an IBM DB2 v9.5 database running under Linux On the Win32 machine, I have Ruby 1.8.6 (installed with the one-click installer) and have successfully launched the following gem installation commands for the IBM DB drivers and required libraries: >gem install activesupport -v 1.4.2 >gem install activerecord -v 1.15.3 >gem install ibm_db -v 0.8.5 I have also (as required by the IBM documentation at http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/2361/967/IBM_DB-0.6.0.pdf) added ‘ibm_db’ to the list of connection adapters on line77 of gems\1.8\gems\activerecord-1.15.3\lib\active_record.rb : RAILS_CONNECTION_ADAPTERS = %w( mysql postgresql sqlite firebird sqlserver db2 oracle sybase openbase frontbase ibm_db ) Here is the ruby code : ------------- require 'rubygems' gem 'ibm_db' require 'dbi' # Connect to a database dbh = DBI.connect('DBI:ibm_db:host=localhost;port=50000;database=MY_DB;', 'username', 'password') # Select some data sth = dbh.prepare('select * from my_table') sth.execute # Print out selected data while row=sth.fetch do p row end --------------- Error reported is as follows : C:\dev\ruby\dbtest>dbtest.rb c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:329:in `load_driver': Unable to load drive r 'ibm_db' (DBI::InterfaceError) from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:227:in `_get_full_drive...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Problem with IBM JDBC driver and database metadata
Hi! I am using the latest JDBC Driver for IBM Informix (3.00.JC3), supplied by IBM itself. My problem is this. I have a table with an INTEGER as the primary key. Using DatabaseMetaData meta = conn.getMetaData(); meta.getColumns(...) my INTEGER column is reported as TYPE_NAME = int COLUMN_SIZE = 4 DECIMAL_DIGITS = 2 How can an INTEGER have decimal digits??? Interesting enough, if I do a SELECT on that table and query the result set's metadata through JDBC, I am getting a column size of 0 and a precision of 0, which makes sense in my view for an INTEGER. Is is safe to presume this is a bug in the driver or did I overlook anyhting? If this was a bug, is there any point in reporting it to IBM? Regards, Torsten ...

Anyone had IBM storage to mirror Database data experience?
In order to set up a DR system ,I intend to use IBM DS storage system to copy data to another storage system. there are functions like FlashCopy,VolumeCopy in IBM DS storage system. Which function is better for DB server ? I plan to make a testification to examine the data integrirty after simulating a diaster. Any way I can make this testifcation more perfect ? A lot of long running SQL command , and pull out the plug? I like to get more advice on these . ...

Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice
While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or a subsidiary window. Opening a full screen VDOS, Win-3.1 or OS/2 window cured the bug. Mensys in *.nl agreed this was weird but said they'd heard of it before: IBM made a cods-up of the newer MOUSE.SYS and broke the support for serial mice; it seems too many people have gone over to PS/2 mice and their testing has gone lame. (IBM keep control of the source code, one learns, so only an idiot could blame this on the eCS folks.) The best fix Mensys can offer, lacking a rush of code-fixing keenness by IBM, is to see something gets done for the next installer refresh, to install the appropriate version of MOUSE.SYS. The fix in my case was to copy the MOUSE.SYS from CD:\ECS\BOOT to OS:\OS2\BOOT then reboot. All is happy now. I must say eCS, at version 1.2, is starting to leave Warp 4.52 in the dust with its general improvements. (Many are non-obvious.) And the new installer continues to be a great help. -- Andrew Stephenson Andrew Stephenson schrieb: > > While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd > problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine > except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or > a subsidiary window. Opening a full screen VDOS, Win-3.1 or OS/2 > window cured the bug. > ...

Whether ACE threads work with IBM Db2 Database
Hi All, We are starting one Project with following Skills 1) Language :- C++ with Embedded SQL Programming ( Source file format :- .sqC ) 2) Database :- IBM UDB database 3) Platform:- Solaris Sparc 5.8 Machine. 4) ACE Threads. Please let us know, can we use ACE Threads with C++ and Db2 Embedded SQL under Solaris Sparc 5.8 Machine. Thanks & Regards, Divya ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Web resources about - IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem - comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc